Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, margol29 said:

I didn't discover Frasier until seeing the reruns in the 2010's. I  tried to watch it in order on Netflix but some episodes were missing.

Now I watch it on Cozi whenever I get a chance. Every once in a while I will see an episode that is new to me and it feels like a gift. LOL!

It seems that some episodes get played more than others. I don't know, maybe that is just me.

Kelsy Grammer is such a wonderful actor. It is too bad that none of his attempts at television have been successful since Frasier. He does wonderfully as an evil character, too. Has anyone seen his show on Star a few years ago it was named "Boss" he was the mayor of Chicago and he did evil so well!

I watched the show when it was first run back in the day. Like you I have been rewatching episodes on Cozi. I forgot how hysterical that show could be. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm a little over halfway through season seven now and boy...is there a lot to say!

Somehow I managed, while watching the DVDs of season six, to skip the Back Pain episode where Daphne learns the truth about how Niles feels about her from Frasier. I found myself watching the rest of the season wondering why all of a sudden Daphne's gently rubbing Niles' hand and thinking she has feelings for him.

I remember seeing all these episodes back in the day, but over time I had forgotten how exactly she learned the truth, so when it got to the wedding episode I was totally lost and had to go back and figure out when the bomb had actually been dropped. LOL - very annoying when you're re-watching a series chronologically to skip over an episode like that!

Of course, I've been deliberately skipping all of the Christmas episodes because I'm just not in a festive spirit these days. I seem to recall randomly catching a rerun of an episode where Niles is trying to convince Mel that he doesn't have feelings for Daphne in the midst of a KACL office party. Did that happen in season six? God, I hope Niles and Mel don't get back together again sometime in the next three seasons...

I actually found the actress who played Mel to be terrific. It was a really difficult part because she had to be unlikable and controlling and somewhat shrewish, all the while still being just appealing enough then you could understand why Niles would want to be with her and believe she was the one for him.

The "fat farm" storyline though.....woah. How insulting to poor Jane Leeves. Being pregnant is such a beautiful thing and to have people mock her for gaining weight....I wonder how she felt about that, honestly. Couldn't have been fun. And then the "fat farm" jokes? Yipes.

I did like the idea they went with that she was intimidated trying to live up to Niles' idea of her but it came so late in the season it felt like the damage had been done. Maybe it would have been better to use the Mel Blackmailing Niles plot to justify her stress eating from the get-go. On the other hand, she seemed so happy with Niles and eating as much as she wanted that I thought it might be an empowering "letting down her guard/enjoying life" storyline.

I did like them using the red dress again....and the flashbacks with the current-day Niles and Frasier were cool. How did they do that, adding them into those scenes? I was impressed. Not something commonly done in the 90s, and not that well either.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

Separate thought: I love Roz. Roz is great. I don't understand why a woman who it is so easy to be casual with and who has a beautiful face, body and reasonable expectations gets crapped on for merely dating and struggles to find a guy. Roz is a catch.

• Love 8
On 5/1/2019 at 6:16 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I seem to recall randomly catching a rerun of an episode where Niles is trying to convince Mel that he doesn't have feelings for Daphne in the midst of a KACL office party. Did that happen in season six?

Don’t remember which season it was, but the issue was with Maris not Daphne. He went to comfort Maris because the gardener, Yoshi, had died. 

Personally, I liked Mel, even though she was just there to throw a wrench in the Daphne/Niles relationship. The characters didn’t like her because she was Maris-lite, but I don’t think they saw her for herself. 

On 5/7/2019 at 9:27 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Separate thought: I love Roz. Roz is great. I don't understand why a woman who it is so easy to be casual with and who has a beautiful face, body and reasonable expectations gets crapped on for merely dating and struggles to find a guy. Roz is a catch.

She’s not just looking. Half the time, she is enjoying being single and sleeping around. She’s made multiple references to cheating on guys in the past. Her goal seems to change, depending on the storyline. I don’t mind the jokes because they seem to be more friendly jabs than anything else. She’s not usually bothered by the jokes, and she gets in plenty of her own jabs as well.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Meushell said:

I don’t mind the jokes because they seem to be more friendly jabs than anything else.

I know this is very unpopular, but that's how I felt about the "Daphne is fat" jokes.  I especially loved when she lost the weight, the amount of weight lost was what her baby weighed.  In fact, that's what made it silly and not insulting to me...I mean, who the hell goes to a fat farm for an 8 pound weight gain?  

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I know this is very unpopular, but that's how I felt about the "Daphne is fat" jokes.  I especially loved when she lost the weight, the amount of weight lost was what her baby weighed.  In fact, that's what made it silly and not insulting to me...I mean, who the hell goes to a fat farm for an 8 pound weight gain?  

I thought they said she gained 80 pounds - so who the hell can lose 80 pounds in something like 2 months.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

The amount they said she lost at the fat farm was the same amount that her real-life baby weighed when it was born.  I thought it was brilliant.

And IMO cute.  And I'm saying this as a former fat kid who still feels the stings of all the insults I got.

• Love 2
On 5/1/2019 at 9:16 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I'm a little over halfway through season seven now and boy...is there a lot to say!

Somehow I managed, while watching the DVDs of season six, to skip the Back Pain episode where Daphne learns the truth about how Niles feels about her from Frasier. I found myself watching the rest of the season wondering why all of a sudden Daphne's gently rubbing Niles' hand and thinking she has feelings for him.

The "Back Pain" episode where Daphne gives Frasier back pills and then massages him.  And Frasier gets so hopped up on the pills he reveals the Niles thing to Daphne.

Frasier saying "Oh that.  I meant Niles.  He's crazy about you" in that loopy voice never fails to send my brother and I into hysterics.

Frasier is one of my favourite shows.  It's in my top 10.  So please forgive that I find Season 8 and 9, and most of 10, just unwatchable.  But I love Season 11.

Felicity Huffman's character does suck, but the episode where Frasier has her over for dinner and the whole family is there, and she is such an asshole but Frasier stubbornly tries to see her good side, is one of the best of the series.  It's sooooo freaking funny.

A Man, a Plan and a Gal: Julia

Frasier episode (season 11, episode 2)

You can see a lot of full Frasier episodes on Dailymotion.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I agree. Being rather overweight myself, it’s usually something I would hate. Some of the jokes did not work for me. However, after years of thin Maris jokes, including comparing her appearance to a thin greyhound, the jokes did not bother me as much as they normally would have. 

• Love 1
On 5/19/2019 at 3:07 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Frasier saying "Oh that.  I meant Niles.  He's crazy about you" in that loopy voice never fails to send my brother and I into hysterics.

Same, only it's the part where Daphne says, "You know what's curious?" and he squeaks out, "Cats?" that kills me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 6/11/2019 at 12:16 PM, jird said:

the part where Daphne says, "You know what's curious?" and he squeaks out, "Cats?" that kills me.

I can't tell you how many times I watched that before it hit me that his answer "cats" related to "curiosity" killed the..." and wasn't just a random funny response! Funny either way, really.

• Love 5

Haven't seen this show in years and started watching on Netflix the other day.  It holds up fantastically, unlike other comedies I can't stand on rewatch (Friends, Seinfeld).  Can't remember the last time I laughed so much at a TV show other than Psych

"A Midwinter Night's Dream" is on (S1) and Daphne is at Niles's house to cook a meal for him and Maris as a surprise for when Maris returns from out of town, after a fight that Maris and Niles had (the sight of DHP in a pirate outfit to role play with Maris is very funny).  There's a big storm, Maris won't be flying in and Daphne is going to stay alone with Niles at his house.  Frasier and Martin talk about Daphne staying there.

The part I've watched a couple of times, just for the excellent comedic timing and delivery is:

Martin - oh, relax, it's one of Niles's little crushes.  Frasier: I suppose you're right, Niles would never try anything with Maris there.  Martin: Maris didn't make it back, she's stuck in Arizona.

Frasier LEAPS off the couch "I've gotta get Daphne out of there!!  It's a recipe for disaster!  You've got a vulnerable woman and an unstable man in a gothic mansion on a rainy night!  All we need is someone shouting "Heathcliff" across the moors!"

Martin and Frasier are sooo casual, and then right as JM finishes saying "Arizona", KG jumps off the couch.    DHP is the master of physical comedy but KG's flailing around always makes me laugh.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, raven said:

DHP is the master of physical comedy but KG's flailing around always makes me laugh.

From "Frasier's Imaginary Friend" --

"I am not crazy! I am dating a supermodel zoologist who I stole away from a professional football player and she is off to the Galapagos islands to artificially inseminate iguanas! Is that so hard to believe?"

I've probably said it before on this forum, but this whole bit has me in stitches every time, and trust me, I've seen the episode like, a million times. His whole wide-eyed axe-murderer expression and then finally flinging himself onto the couch... it's Kelsey at his most hilarious. 

Also great are his reactions to Niles' questions in this scene from "The One Where Diane Comes Back." 

"Any lingering resentment?"
"Over what?"

• Love 10
4 hours ago, raven said:

Haven't seen this show in years and started watching on Netflix the other day.  It holds up fantastically, unlike other comedies I can't stand on rewatch (Friends, Seinfeld).  Can't remember the last time I laughed so much at a TV show other than Psych

"A Midwinter Night's Dream" is on (S1) and Daphne is at Niles's house to cook a meal for him and Maris as a surprise for when Maris returns from out of town, after a fight that Maris and Niles had (the sight of DHP in a pirate outfit to role play with Maris is very funny).  

I love that scene 😄 (I love that episode as a whole, really, it's one of my favorites). Don't care how many times I've seen that episode, it never fails to make me laugh. The best part is when Niles is explaining that he'd planned to hide in the closet and have Maris find him there, and this exchange happens:

Martin: Dressed like that?

Niles: Well, no, actually, at the time I was only wearing my eyepatch. Although, technically, is it still an eyepatch if you're wearing it on your-

Frasier: *Holds up a hand* STOP! (speaking of good facial expressions, I love Frasier's at that moment, too :p.) 

Agreed on Grammer, too, he could do the freakouts and crazy rants really well. 

• Love 6

To switch to the late, great John Mahoney for a minute - I also watched "Travels with Martin" a couple of times because I laugh at Martin yelling "get over, turn, turn, NOW"; Martin getting frustrated with his gang; Martin casually showing a picture of him and Eddie so the border agent will say "oh, you're wearing a badge".   And of course in the beginning of the ep, when Martin says he wants to see America in a Winnebago, the way that Fraiser says "a Winnebago!" cracks me up, as do Niles "you'll be the Whoopin' Cranes"  LOL.  

I can't find any clips of these but I did find this, which is good

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 7/16/2019 at 8:11 PM, chessiegal said:

Three Valentines is on Cozi tonight. David Hyde Pierce is brilliant - best physical comedy ever.

One of my favorites..... the opening always makes me laugh hysterically. 

• Love 3

Just rewatched the pilot and realized something major - when Daphne comes for her interview and meets the Cranes for the first time, Eddie is dozing on the couch. He doesn't as much as lift his head to look at her.

Because, obviously, the dog was familiar with Jane Leeves IRL. But as a dog owner, I can't believe I never caught that before. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, raven said:

I laughed so hard at this I teared up.   From Niles leaping onto the sofa to "is it too much to ask that there not be GUN PLAY IN MY LIVING ROOM!!!"

God, this was a great show.  (In addition to the "Gun play" line, I just love "Oh, I'm sorry.  Was I snippy?")

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, raven said:

I laughed so hard at this I teared up.   From Niles leaping onto the sofa to "is it too much to ask that there not be GUN PLAY IN MY LIVING ROOM!!!"

1 hour ago, Harry24 said:

God, this was a great show.  (In addition to the "Gun play" line, I just love "Oh, I'm sorry.  Was I snippy?")

Those two are hilarious. I also love when Frasier realizes a way to get out of their terrible time slot by switching to talk about sex. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I also love when Frasier realizes a way to get out of their terrible time slot by switching to talk about sex. 

Yes! "I'm not wearing any pants!" *Twirls pants around his head*

Isn't that the same episode where one of the callers is a guy who's working at an all-night mini-mart and is deeply concerned about what the camera version of himself is doing :p? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Yes! "I'm not wearing any pants!" *Twirls pants around his head*

Isn't that the same episode where one of the callers is a guy who's working at an all-night mini-mart and is deeply concerned about what the camera version of himself is doing :p? 

Roz asking a caller if they like to be the spanker or spankee.

Yes, that's the one! The caller is very concerned about what the camera version of himself is doing. That's another favorite part about the show I loved the callers they were all so insane. The one who thinks his radio is talking to him and then freaks that it knows his name after Frasier says it Frasier pretends to be the radio telling him to get off the phone and get help and the caller immediately tells him that he has to go. The pest control lady tired of Seattle and gets excited about Frasier's suggesting about moving there's a whole lot more vermen out there. The wife who says their family hits the floor to avoid her in-laws for dropping by. The woman who's so happy she beat her fear of heights and then screams because she's on the space needle and looks down then screams again because she got her bill from the restaurant. Even when Niles filled in for Frasier and ended up getting really into his calls when he actually helps the couple commit to each other.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

That's another favorite part about the show I loved the callers they were all so insane. The one who thinks his radio is talking to him and then freaks that it knows his name after Frasier says it Frasier pretends to be the radio telling him to get off the phone and get help and the caller immediately tells him that he has to go. 

My mom and I love to quote from that particular caller a lot :D. "Now it's giving me orders!" 

I also love the episode where one caller doesn't realize he's on the air because of the delay, so Frasier was telling people to turn off their radios. Then a guy calls in talking about how he's only stuck with his girlfriend until "someone better comes along", and Frasier's all, "Do you hear yourself?!" and the guy goes, "No, I turned my radio off before calling you." 

There's also the guy who called in with the "problem" of what to name...his boat, I think it was, which led to an awesomely snarky response from Frasier, and the guy trying to use his opportunity to call in to sell cars. 

Yeah. They had a lot of really fun callers on that show indeed. It's a real kick to see just how many celebrities voiced the callers for the show. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

My mom and I love to quote from that particular caller a lot :D. "Now it's giving me orders!" 

I also love the episode where one caller doesn't realize he's on the air because of the delay, so Frasier was telling people to turn off their radios. Then a guy calls in talking about how he's only stuck with his girlfriend until "someone better comes along", and Frasier's all, "Do you hear yourself?!" and the guy goes, "No, I turned my radio off before calling you." 

There's also the guy who called in with the "problem" of what to name...his boat, I think it was, which led to an awesomely snarky response from Frasier, and the guy trying to use his opportunity to call in to sell cars. 

Yeah. They had a lot of really fun callers on that show indeed. It's a real kick to see just how many celebrities voiced the callers for the show. 

Those are all really good! I also love the one where Frasier announces he's looking for his father's recliner chair spotted on top of the Space Needle, in Governor's Mansion and one man saw it flying over his house but thought it just a tacky spaceship. Another episode when Frasier or Roz lost something and ask the listeners and they end up finding a bunch of different stuff but not what they were looking for.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

Those are all really good! I also love the one where Frasier announces he's looking for his father's recliner chair spotted on top of the Space Needle, in Governor's Mansion and one man saw it flying over his house but thought it just a tacky spaceship. Another episode when Frasier or Roz lost something and ask the listeners and they end up finding a bunch of different stuff but not what they were looking for.

I liked when the chair was set on fire and dropped off the balcony. Then Frasier has one rebuilt exactly the same, which made it the most expensive piece of furniture in the apartment.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ketose said:

I liked when the chair was set on fire and dropped off the balcony. Then Frasier has one rebuilt exactly the same, which made it the most expensive piece of furniture in the apartment.

That was another good one. How that poor chair ended up on fire and dropped was hilarious. Martin kept repeating afterwards if Frasier didn't like something just set on fire and throw it off the balcony.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

One of my favorite calls was voiced by Reba, as the woman who married a man that kept his first wife's ashes on their bedroom bureau...then you hear a crash, and she's all, oops, gotta go, got some vacuuming to do!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Reba's voice is so recognizable The other that cracks me up is Marlowe Thomas arguing with her husband Phil Donohue. They really did a good job recruiting celebrity callers..

I love that one. She's asking if its okay for her husband's 1st wife's ashes to be in their bedroom which she doesn't like and Frasier remark.  Her "I knew that wasn't normal!". Then actually breaks the urn and Frasier asks what was that sounds. She says she has to get off the phone she's got some vacuuming to do. I love Frasier's remark about her helping her husband's 1st wife off the floor. Here's the whole exchange.

Dr. Frasier Crane: Hello, Rachel. I'm listening. 
Rachel: Oh, thanks for taking my call, Dr. Crane. Um, I'm involved in sort of a strange love triangle. 
Dr. Frasier Crane: [mutes the mike] Oh goody, this is sweeps week! 
Rachel: You see, I recently married a widower. Now, Phil's a real good man, he's a kind man. But there's just one little problem. He insists on keeping an urn with his late wife's ashes on the dresser in our bedroom. 
Dr. Frasier Crane: That is a definite "Yikes!" 
Rachel: See, I knew that wasn't normal! He says it is, but I knew it wasn't! 
Dr. Frasier Crane: All right, Rachel, Rachel, now listen. Before you go off half-cocked, let's try to remember this is a very sensitive issue for your husband. Obviously those ashes mean a very great deal to him. And although I don't believe it's appropriate that he keep them in the bedroom, I suppose you could maybe move them to another room? 
Rachel: Well, I guess I could try that. Maybe I'll move them into the guest room. 
[sound of crockery breaking] 
Rachel: Oops. 
Dr. Frasier Crane: Rachel, what happened? 
Rachel: Oh... oh, nothing. I gotta run, Dr. Crane. I've got some vacuuming to do

Edited by andromeda331
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Tuned into COZI to watch tonight and they were showing some game show. WTH?

Is the COZI box in the corner of the screen? There was a massive digital channel switch last week and the number might have changed. You may need to do a rescan if you're using an antenna.

13 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Tuned into COZI to watch tonight and they were showing some game show. WTH?

Depends on your market. For instance, I'm in the Philly market. Last night, channel 10, which is NBC, showed a local Eagles game. That moved the normal NBC schedule over to Cozi, if you follow what I mean. 

Well, I would think preemptions of the national network schedule (such as the example of the Eagles game) would be rare. In Philly, the Eagles are royalty, so even their first preseason game is so "important" that it kicks NBC programming over to Cozi.

Depends on the mothership channel. For me, METV is on 3.2 and often is preempted by 3.1 to re-air their own local news or syndicated shows they think get better ratings. Hope that doesn't happen too much for your COZI station.

On 8/5/2019 at 6:34 AM, readster said:

I always loved the callers during the series from Ron Howard to Reba. It was always great how they did things and there was a contest in my house in who was calling. 

I loved doing that too. It was so much fun. I really wish we got to hear from the caller who was in love with sibling and Frasier wanted a different call Roz asks what she's suppose to say to the guy who's in love with his sister and he remarks 'it happens to all of us'. Or the caller who can't figure out why he can't lose weigh and then you heard someone asking if he wants fries and he tries to pretend their getting cut off. Or when the guy's complaining about his voice and Frasier and Roz are too busy hilariously goofing off.  Or I think it was the third season, episode one with the poor insomniac calling to ask for help but both Frasier and Roz fell asleep and have no idea what she said so Frasier suggests she sleep on it.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 4