Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

"Anne Boleyn?"

"Catherine of Aragon."

Well, Frasier, at least it wasn't your Anne of Cleves cup.  

I love Mixed Doubles. Not just one of my favourites from S4, but of all episodes. "What are you doing for the rest of your life?"  :) 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Altair Aquila said:

"Anne Boleyn?"

"Catherine of Aragon."

Well, Frasier, at least it wasn't your Anne of Cleves cup.  

I love Mixed Doubles. Not just one of my favourites from S4, but of all episodes. "What are you doing for the rest of your life?"  :) 

Did anyone try to search for a coffee set like that? I know I did and was unable to find one.

• Love 1

Martin is delightfully mischievous in The Two Mrs. Cranes. He really gets into the farce of it all.

"I was an astronaut."

"I remember the first time I ever drove a moon crane..."

And of course when it's Roz at the door: "What do you know, it's Maris!" 

• Love 7

Bless Cozi TV's heart - Three Valentines on tonight. That first episode with David Hyde Pierce is slapstick at its best, not to mention how the trainer made Eddie the supporting role. We both laughed so hard we were crying. Never disappoints.

Edited by chessiegal
  • Love 8

I just rewatched the episode in S11 where Frasier's first wife Nanny G comes to town and that scene where Frasier ends up on stage dressed as a baby is still one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, chillenout said:

While watching season 8 episode 9 of Cheers, Frasier started talking about his dad....who was a scientist and dead. 

They mentioned that in one of the episodes where one of the Cheers cast visited (I think Sam). Fraser said he’d lied. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kariyaki said:

They mentioned that in one of the episodes where one of the Cheers cast visited (I think Sam). Fraser said he’d lied. 

It was when Sam returned. Frasier claimed he said that because Martin had called him a "stuffed shirt" and hung up on him.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:55 PM, chillenout said:

While watching season 8 episode 9 of Cheers, Frasier started talking about his dad....who was a scientist and dead. 

Well, Martin did lie about being an astronaut in The Two Mrs. Cranes :)

• Love 3
On 3/10/2018 at 5:49 PM, kariyaki said:

Yes, and Niles was upset because because Frasier never even mentioned having a brother to the gang at Cheers.  (Martin:  "He told them I was dead!"  Niles:  "Well, at least you existed!"  Or something like that).

If asked a few days ago what my least favorite episode of Frasier was,  I would have said the horrible Greek fake-cousin wedding episode.  But the other night Cozi reminded me that is not my least favorite episode - it is the one where Frasier's car breaks down and he and Charlotte spend the night on the sofa bed in some strange family's living room.  Where the man's dead mother is laid out.  Ugh.  The two of them suppressing giggles like teenagers when each family member comes in to open the casket and say something to the deceased . . . what a terrible, terrible episode on so many levels!  I'd forgotten all about that one, but it is absolutely my most hated episode.  I guess the Greek fake-cousin episode can remain my least favorite.  :-)

Boy, they really laid Charlotte on thick, didn't they?  LOOK!  She makes a night in a strange house with an odd family and their dead matriarch look like a slumber party!!  Oh, they really are made for each other!!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Aquarius said:

If asked a few days ago what my least favorite episode of Frasier was,  I would have said the horrible Greek fake-cousin wedding episode.  But the other night Cozi reminded me that is not my least favorite episode - it is the one where Frasier's car breaks down and he and Charlotte spend the night on the sofa bed in some strange family's living room.  Where the man's dead mother is laid out.  Ugh.  The two of them suppressing giggles like teenagers when each family member comes in to open the casket and say something to the deceased . . . what a terrible, terrible episode on so many levels!  I'd forgotten all about that one, but it is absolutely my most hated episode.  I guess the Greek fake-cousin episode can remain my least favorite.  :-)

UGH! That episode was one of the WORST! That episode truly was a what the...are they thinking. Terrible episode. I'm still surprised at how badly these writers managed Charlotte as a love interest. I want to think that the Charlotte arc wasn't as strong because of the number of episodes, but Claire was only in a few episodes yet I believed in their relationship far more than Charlotte and Fraiser. They had no chemistry and while they are both excellent actors, they couldn't sell it. That was the most disappointing part of the last season.

I also intensely dislike the Greek wedding one. I won't ever watch it. What a waste of the great Patti LuPone. 

• Love 4

Blah. Daphne's mother was just terrible and she was in far too many episodes. Her mother was intrusive, offensive and obnoxious. I wish Daphne had told her annoying mother to shove it. Niles had the patience of a saint to put up with that woman. Any episode with Daphne's family, I consider a bad episode. 

• Love 8

I agree. Niles and Daphne and their different backgrounds should have provided enough material for the later seasons without dragging in a mother and her drunken lout sons.

Daphne has my sympathy since if we're to believe her stories of her family and her childhood, it appears that her brothers were inexplicably favoured over her, certainly by their mother, and it's clear that Gertrude and Daphne have a strained relationship. They're not close.

I wasn't surprised that her brothers all left it up to Daphne to help their mum when their parents separated. No wonder she always wanted a sister.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, msani19 said:

Blah. Daphne's mother was just terrible and she was in far too many episodes. Her mother was intrusive, offensive and obnoxious. I wish Daphne had told her annoying mother to shove it. Niles had the patience of a saint to put up with that woman. Any episode with Daphne's family, I consider a bad episode. 

Same here.

I don't know if they ever could have made Daphne and Niles work as a couple - so I wish they'd never tried.

Niles and Maris could have been together longer. The divorce was dragged out forever, but I think they could have waited a few more seasons before the episode where Niles walked out on Maris. There was plenty of material left where Maris was concerned, and the explanations for her absences were still funny.

If Niles and Maris has lasted for a few more seasons, then the series could have ended with Daphne and Niles getting together.

• Love 3
On 3/17/2018 at 4:56 PM, andromeda331 said:

I wouldn't have minded Simon if he was only in a couple episodes. Like maybe three at max.  I thought he was funny in the first three episodes he was in. But he wore out his welcome not long after that.  

I dare you to not say "Winne-BAYGO" like Simon, though!!!

"Flour Child" is my favorite.  Hard to pick, though.

Can't stand the Greek cousin episode either.

• Love 2
On 3/17/2018 at 3:54 PM, msani19 said:

Daphne's mother was definitely best in small doses. She could be really insufferable. I do love the final scene in A New Position For Roz when Niles agrees to help Gertrude pay for her own place. When he opens the door and she's crying, and Daphne starts crying, and then at the end when Daphne tells Niles she knows how to thank him for his kindness - good stuff!

On 3/17/2018 at 5:56 PM, andromeda331 said:

I wouldn't have minded Simon if he was only in a couple episodes. Like maybe three at max.  I thought he was funny in the first three episodes he was in. But he wore out his welcome not long after that.  

I liked Simon a lot, I though he was just so over the top and hysterical. 

• Love 2

Not sure where else to post this but I just watched the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy in which Saul Rubinek (Donny) guest starred and did a great job. He is looking quite a lot older as you would expect but still instantly recognisable.

• Love 3

Just watched "Three Valentines". The first segment with David Hyde Pierce has to be the funniest slapstick on TV. Between him and Eddie, it was nothing but LOL at this house. My husband requested we keep it on the DVR.

• Love 8
On 3/18/2018 at 12:48 PM, ketose said:

I would have rather seen Billy, Daphne's brother who was a dancer and found his soulmate in prison.

Now that I think of it, they never did mention why he was in prison in the first place, did they?

19 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Now that I think of it, they never did mention why he was in prison in the first place, did they?

No, we heard and saw most of the brothers. However, why Billy ended up in prison, we have no idea. Something the writers said they didn't want to make the same mistake as they did with Marris and of course Vera on Cheers was creating these characters we never were going to see. Since they hyped them up with descriptions that were impossible. Of course if they would have just decided: "We are going to show them" and be done with it. They wouldn't have written themselves in corners so much. Granted, they couldn't predict Cheers was going to last 11 years after it was almost cancelled after season 1. Plus, when Kesley Grammer went into rehab, they were unsure if the show would come back as a result. What does drive me crazy when writers want to do throw away lines like with Billy or one of Daphne's brothers, but then never really explain why that happened. Yet they can't say for 1 line going: "Oh this person is so and so and why they aren't here." 

• Love 1
(edited)

I tend to get a bit irritated on Daphne's behalf when people treat her like their servant. Get this, get that, do this, do that...

After ordering Daphne around in Agents in America, Part Three, Bebe was well and truly put in her in place when Daphne gives her a dog biscuit with her fussy tea request. The whole exchange is brilliant, culminating in:

"This cookie tastes like meat!"

"Yes, and it'll remove tartar, and give you a nice, shiny coat."

:)

Edited by Altair Aquila
  • Love 10

I like the way Daphne kinda struts off to her room after messing with Bebe like that :D. She's good at calling people out when they treat her that way.

One of my favorite examples is in "Visions of Daphne", when she's asking one of the others to answer the door. They're all just kinda staring at each other and she snaps, "Well, you've seen me do it enough times, you just turn the handle and pull!"

• Love 8

Yes, definitely. And in Mixed Doubles, after Joe broke up with her, Roz demands: "Did you make her answer the door?!"

"It's what she does!" Frasier protests. 

Shout out to Roz for her attempts to comfort Daphne: "Now, Daphne, if the jewellery wasn't that good and the sex wasn't that good, what have you really lost here?"  :D

Love that episode from start to finish. :) 

• Love 10

Yes! And Daphne's crying as she answers the door and Roz just immediately knows what happened. "Oh, my god, you got dumped!" 

I love that episode, too. It's one of my absolute favorites. 

• Love 6

It has one of my all time favourite Niles and Daphne scenes as well. Their talk in the bar is pretty much perfect, and the "I love you's" they exchange remain among my favourites from the entire show. They may not have been in a completely romantic context from both sides but they were very genuine all the same. A lovely, lovely moment between them.

• Love 8

Agreed :). I liked that we got to see Niles and Daphne developing a genuine friendship early in the show's run-it gave his feelings for her some real depth, and seeing her come to care about and be affectionate towards him made the moments when she later fell for him more meaningful as well.

The show was so good at those kinds of scenes in general. Be it between Niles and Daphne, or the Cranes themselves, or any of them and Roz, I just loved that the show allowed them all these quiet, reflective, thoughful moments together. They didn't need to go all over the top to show how much these guys cared about and loved each other. 

• Love 8
On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 9:21 PM, BitterApple said:

Agreed. Niles looked like Chris Hemsworth compared to shleppy Donnie. 

I fell in love with a "schleppy" guy once because of his confidence. Donnie always reminded me of that.

• Love 2
On 7/23/2018 at 12:12 AM, Ragingviolet said:

I fell in love with a "schleppy" guy once because of his confidence. Donnie always reminded me of that.

Oh yeah, I totally get why Daphne fell for Donnie, that kind of confidence is like a magnet. 

• Love 3

"Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz" aired tonight and had me LOLing maybe even more than when Stephen Colbert is at the top of his game. Frasier gets Niles and Marty to pretend they're Jewish on Christmas Eve in order to not spoil the illusion of the Jewish mother of Frasier's girlfriend (Amy Brenneman). I suppose it especially tickled my funny bone because in spite of my Jewish mother having married a man from a family more orthodox than hers, we were raised in Christian neighborhoods where my mother liked to infer that we were descendants of people who had come over on the Mayflower.

• Love 4
On 7/28/2018 at 1:16 AM, shapeshifter said:

"Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz" aired tonight and had me LOLing maybe even more than when Stephen Colbert is at the top of his game. Frasier gets Niles and Marty to pretend they're Jewish on Christmas Eve in order to not spoil the illusion of the Jewish mother of Frasier's girlfriend (Amy Brenneman). I suppose it especially tickled my funny bone because in spite of my Jewish mother having married a man from a family more orthodox than hers, we were raised in Christian neighborhoods where my mother liked to infer that we were descendants of people who had come over on the Mayflower.

Love that episode! That moment when Frasier sees Niles dressed as Jesus and goes "JESUS!!!" just kills me every time. And, before that, Niles going way over the top with the toasts and other comments in pretending to be Jewish.

• Love 9

Yup.  Could watch the Jewish Christmas episode on a loop.  Everyone was on top of their game and hysterical.

Me or unpopular opinion????  I really dislike the Jean Smart arc that's running now.  Forced, contrived and she's way too loud.

• Love 6

Oh, I hated that, too.  I liked her character's first appearance, and would have maybe been OK with a few more, but the added focus on her son really drove me up the wall.  And they dragged that on for so long (or so it seemed).

• Love 5
6 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Oh, I hated that, too.  I liked her character's first appearance, and would have maybe been OK with a few more, but the added focus on her son really drove me up the wall.  And they dragged that on for so long (or so it seemed).

Aw, I liked Kirby. He was so sweet. And stupid. But sweet.

• Love 4

I love Jean Smart in everything. I thought she was great, and Kirby too. It's Felicity Huffman's character than I wanted to drop off a boat in cement shoes.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 7