Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

As for least favorite, anything with Sherry in it, the ones where Cheers alumni (excluding Lilith) are on.

I agree. Almost all the Cheers alum episodes were bad and I skip them. I only liked Sherry in her first appearance, not so much after that. 

• Love 3

I tried to pick my top 10 episodes of the series. Then I surrendered and tried to pick just 10 favorites from the first HALF of the series. And I soon realized that even that was too mighty an endeavor for me, because I just love so many of these episodes to such a ridiculous degree. So I valiantly limited myself to just 15 episodes...from the first five seasons :) 

My list (in chronological order): 

1. My Coffee with Niles

2. The Botched Language of Frasier Crane

3. The Candidate

4. Adventures in Paradise (Pt 2) (You'll notice that the Lilith episodes are heavily represented on any 'favorites' list I make!)

5.  Retirement is Murder

6. The Innkeepers

7. Leapin' Lizards 

8. Frasier Grinch

9. Moon Dance

10. Crane vs Crane

11. A Lilith Thanksgiving

12. Liar! Liar!

13. The Unnatural

14.  Ask Me No Questions

15. Ski Lodge 

...and, like, 20 or so more :) It's killing me to name just one from S5, but I ran out of room! 

• Love 3

Room Full of Heroes. Ugh, Frasier's sulky behaviour in that one. He did his best to ruin his brother's tribute to Martin. Definitely not a favourite. I generally don't mind the competitiveness between the brothers, particularly when they're taught a lesson for it, but this episode just hit all the wrong notes for me.

Back to S2, and I love The Matchmaker. When I watched it for the first time I laughed so much, my stomach ached. I think comedy is a genre which can get away with the premise of this episode, a misunderstanding which gets out of hand. I get frustrated with that in dramas but if it makes me laugh, I don't mind at all. So the same goes for the excellent An Affair to Forget.

I loved Breaking the Ice. It gave us a Crane family bonding moment, awkward though it was. Martin loves his sons and they love him. :)

The Innkeepers is another favourite. I knew Martin was going to be proven right about the brothers rushing into the restaurant business, but the catalogue of 'hiccups' was still hilarious. Loved Daphne slamming the eel against the table to kill it. 

Least rewatched from S2? The episode where Sam returns. It's preferable to those where Diane and Woody appear, and to the episode where they all go to Boston, but that's about all.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Altair Aquila said:

Room Full of Heroes. Ugh, Frasier's sulky behaviour in that one. He did his best to ruin his brother's tribute to Martin. Definitely not a favourite. I generally don't mind the competitiveness between the brothers, particularly when they're taught a lesson for it, but this episode just hit all the wrong notes for me.

Back to S2, and I love The Matchmaker. When I watched it for the first time I laughed so much, my stomach ached. I think comedy is a genre which can get away with the premise of this episode, a misunderstanding which gets out of hand. I get frustrated with that in dramas but if it makes me laugh, I don't mind at all. So the same goes for the excellent An Affair to Forget.

I loved Breaking the Ice. It gave us a Crane family bonding moment, awkward though it was. Martin loves his sons and they love him. :)

The Innkeepers is another favourite. I knew Martin was going to be proven right about the brothers rushing into the restaurant business, but the catalogue of 'hiccups' was still hilarious. Loved Daphne slamming the eel against the table to kill it. 

Least rewatched from S2? The episode where Sam returns. It's preferable to those where Diane and Woody appear, and to the episode where they all go to Boston, but that's about all.

The only thing I liked about Sam's visit was learning what was going on back at Cheers. Woody and Kelly had a new baby and it was boy. I always really liked hearing what was going on with everyone back at the bar.  Just a few comments here and there about anything new happening since life was technically still going on.  

• Love 1

S3. Least rewatched episodes are the one with Diane, and The Friend.

I love so much of this season. I really enjoyed the episodes with Kate. She could go toe-to-toe with Frasier on everything. It was a bittersweet ending for them. 

Moon Dance. This, too, was bittersweet, and the dancing scenes were beautifully filmed. Poor Daphne, not realising Niles was being genuine. Poor Niles. 

The Last Time I saw Maris. I love it when we get another piece of the Maris puzzle. Niles smashing all the expensive vases. Hee.

S3 also has a delightful Christmas episode in Frasier Grinch. As is often the case, Martin knows what needs to be done and has bought the popular toy that Freddie wants. I love Martin. Just on a side note, how much did I want to cuddle him and his brightly coloured jumper Daphne gets him for Christmas in S5? :)

After this are four episodes I've often watched in a block:

Look Before You Leap. I laugh every time at Frasier messing up Buttons and Bows. But I love everyone's misfortunes in this one.

High Crane Drifter. I love it when this show examines things. I'm a stickler for good manners so this one's a big favourite.

Chess Pains is exquisite. Father-son rivalry (mostly on Frasier's side) at its best. Also, the first appearance of the canine Maris substitute.  ;)

Crane vs Crane. Another brother vs brother ep and one of the best.

• Love 4
On 1/11/2017 at 5:59 PM, peacheslatour said:

"Look out, he's got a nug!"

Every time I get novocaine I like to say "muppipple murberber" - so much that my coworkers think I'm insane. 

Can't pick a favorite, different episodes are my faves at different times. Buttons and Bows will always make me laugh though!

Only one I won't re watch is Carlos and the Chicken. I hate those types of radio shows, so this one was a miss for me.

• Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 0:11 AM, Nordly Beaumont said:

Every time I get novocaine I like to say "muppipple murberber" - so much that my coworkers think I'm insane. 

Can't pick a favorite, different episodes are my faves at different times. Buttons and Bows will always make me laugh though!

Only one I won't re watch is Carlos and the Chicken. I hate those types of radio shows, so this one was a miss for me.

Also, "Easy for you to say" and Nigel's attempts to try and reading his passage about romping.

• Love 1

S4 and 5 don't have any episodes that I would be keen to put at the bottom of my rewatch list. I think these two are my favourite seasons. 

S6, the Woody episode is least rewatched for me. How do people feel about Frasier's (and Roz et al) unemployment? I know some thought it went on too long. I think this is one reason why I have a different opinion of this season to most people I know. I liked that the show took both brothers out of their comfort zones. Niles was going through his divorce and was having to make financial changes. 

S6 also has one of my all time favourites: Dinner Party. I often enjoy the episodes which just give us the single setting. 

• Love 3

It's almost impossible to pick a favorite episode because there are just too many that I love.  However, on the opposite end of the spectrum, UGH..."Freudian Sleep"  was, for me, the worst episode of the entire series.  (That's the one with the dream sequence in which Frasier kills Niles in a wheat thresher and then Frasier ends up married to Daphne.)  Also not crazy about the Nanny G episode(s).  BUT, here's my really unpopular opinion:  I didn't like "Ham Radio" either...as I quietly slink away, dodging flying tomatoes.

• Love 3

I agree re Freudian Sleep. Another I cringed my way through was War of the Words.

S7 is another I can rewatch happily without putting any episodes to the back of the queue. But the remaining seasons are a much more mixed bag. I'm going to rewatch them soon as it's been a while.

I still wished they hadn't gone with Daphne's weight gain story. I would have expected these writers to have been able to handle a real life pregnancy better, as other shows have done before. They missed out on the obvious conflicts for Niles and Daphne, namely their differences. I buy that Daphne was worried about the pedestal Niles had placed her on but I think it would have worked better if, instead of overeating, she had done all sorts of things to try to fit into his lifestyle. They could have found some humour in that. They managed such an episode in Daphne Does Dinner, which I absolutely love and it showed that Daphne is indeed a Crane, with another disastrous dinner party. ;) More episodes like that would have been better than weight problems and irritating Moon family drama.

I also agree with Kelsey Grammer's regret that they didn't give Niles and Daphne a grand yet funny wedding episode,  a bit like they did for Martin. I never liked that they ran off and eloped, and then had to pretend they hadn't. 

However, S9 did give us the glorious Cam Winston. I loved him so much. Anyone who can so effortlessly needle Frasier is a star in my book. ;)

And on that note, favourite guest stars or guest callers over the years? Lots to choose from!

Edited by Altair Aquila
  • Love 6

I'm giving a special mention to Brian Bedford who played Edward in Out With Dad. I loved the episode, and I'll always have fond memories of Bedford's voice work in Disney's Robin Hood. That was one smooth fox. ;)

Patrick Stewart is another. He seemed to have a ball in The Doctor Is Out.

• Love 7

I guess I'm of the unpopular opinion that I didn't mind Daphne's "weight gain."  And I thought it was super cute when her subsequent "weight loss" was in pounds and ounces, which I assume is what Jane Leeves' baby weighed.

There are several episodes I won't rewatch.  I dislike the one where Niles is having open heart surgery & Daphne smashes the vending machine so much that I can't even be bothered to remember the episode's name.  I also dislike Moondance, and flatly refuse to watch the pedophile piano teacher in Slow Tango in South Seattle.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Altair Aquila said:

I'm giving a special mention to Brian Bedford who played Edward in Out With Dad. I loved the episode, and I'll always have fond memories of Bedford's voice work in Disney's Robin Hood. That was one smooth fox. ;)

Patrick Stewart is always a treat. Naughty cakes anyone?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I also dislike Moondance, and flatly refuse to watch the pedophile piano teacher in Slow Tango in South Seattle.

So happy to hear I'm no the only one who dislikes Moondance. I know that's an unpopular opinion cause it's one the favorite episodes for many people. I really just dislike all aspects of Niles and Daphne, so take all my Niles & Daphne comments with that in mind. I try to balance my affection for Niles with my utter contempt for how Niles behaved when it came to Daphne, it's quite the conundrum for me! Sigh, but I enjoy trying to figure it out during my multiple rewatching marathons.

Lol at the pedo piano teacher. It certainly would not have been a "that's my son" reaction if the piano teacher was a 40-year old man, but hey, double standards. I know people have been doing favorite episodes but I really need to sit down and think about that. My perspective is which are my faves by season. I think when I'm in a mood to just watch some Frasier, I'll typically go with seasons 3-5. Occasionally 1-2. I quite hate season 7 but that's the build up to Niles and Daphne so it makes me irritated. S8 is meh, a few good/great episodes spoiled for me as they work out the Niles/Daphne relationship. Ironically, the episode when Daphne comes back after losing the weight is one of the better ones. I wish they had done a better job of tackling the thorny issue of just what it was that made Niles so instantaneously in love with her (lust aside). Anyway...I won't get off on that tangent.

As with any long-running show, quality dipped in the later seasons but compared to other shows, Fraiser's dip in quality is still miles ahead of other shows.

Edited by msani19
Spelling
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, msani19 said:

So happy to hear I'm no the only one who dislikes Moondance. I know that's an unpopular opinion cause it's one the favorite episodes for many people. I really just dislike all aspects of Niles and Daphne, so take all my Niles & Daphne comments with that in mind. I try to balance my affection for Niles with my utter contempt for how Niles behaved when it came to Daphne, it's quite the conundrum for me! Sigh, but I enjoy trying to figure it out during my multiple rewatching marathons.

Lol at the pedo piano teacher. It certainly would not have been a "that's my son" reaction if the piano teacher was a 40-year old man, but hey, double standards. I know people have been doing favorite episodes but I really need to sit down and think about that. My perspective is which are my faves by season. I think when I'm in a mood to just watch some Frasier, I'll typically go with seasons 3-5. Occasionally 1-2. I quite hate season 7 but that's the build up to Niles and Daphne so it makes me irritated. S8 is meh, a few good/great episodes spoiled for me as they work out the Niles/Daphne relationship. Ironically, the episode when Daphne comes back after losing the weight is one of the better ones. I wish they had done a better job of tackling the thorny issue of just what it was that made Niles so instantaneously in love with her (lust aside). Anyway...I won't get off on that tangent.

As with any long-running show, quality dipped in the later seasons but compared to other shows, Fraiser's dip in quality is still miles ahead of other shows.

I'm really happy to hear there's someone else who hated how Niles behaved when it came to Daphne. Video tapping her while she was asleep? As much as I loved the Matchmaker, I hated Niles showing up because Frasier was trying to set her up with the station manager or when she was upset over her break up with Joe and kept saying his name and trying to get a chance to "hold" her or being jealous over his own nephew who had a crush on Daphne.  I loved him getting called out for his part in Daphne calling off the engagement, I really wished it happened lot sooner. I also loved the episode where Daphne comes back after losing the weigh because it brought up my problem with Niles towards Daphne, although a lot nicer that he loved his fantasy of Daphne that he loved at her, from a far. My problem he never really saw Daphne as a person, with her own thoughts, feelings and what she wants. Like when Daphne was upset over her breakup with Joe and crying, he's only worried about trying to hold her, he's seeing Daphne a person who is in pain and just was dumped. He's not interested in comforting her over the breakup, just that its a chance for him to hold her. He keeps saying Joe's name after she said it was too painful to try and get a chance to hold her. Not caring that he was hurting her.

The early seasons are my favorite. I love the pilot how they introduce each character, I Hate Frasier Crane, Here's Looking at You, Selling Out, Oops, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Give Him the Chair with Martin explaining why he wanted his chair, Frasier Crane's Day Off, My Coffee with Niles, the UnKindest Cut of All, Duke's We Hardly Knew Ye, the Botched Language of Cranes, the Candidate, Someone to Watch Over Me, An Affair to Forget, Agents in America Part III,
She's the Boss really all the episodes with Kate, the Last time I Saw Maris,Frasier Grinch, A Word to the Wiseguy,  Look Before You Leap, High Crane Drifter,
Crane Vs Crane, Police Story and You Can Go Home Again. There's so many really good ones.

• Love 4
On 1/19/2017 at 4:13 AM, andromeda331 said:

the UnKindest Cut of All

Loved, loved, LOVED the baby Eddies! I actually got a JRT because of Eddie...let's just say mine wasn't quite as well-behaved :)

• Love 3

We watched "Three Valentines" last night. The first segment with Niles has to be one of the funniest slapstick scenes we've seen. We were laughing so hard we had tears streaming down our faces. DHP played it to perfection. Every time he fainted when he saw a little bit of his blood on his finger was hilarious and so well done. Kudos to Eddie's trainer for getting him to play the perfect straight man.

• Love 8
On 1/18/2017 at 2:13 PM, Altair Aquila said:

Stewart said it was one of his favorite cameos.

I liked Victor Garber as Frasier's perfect live-in domestic.

• Love 4

I'm not real fond of some of the later season episodes, but High Holidays makes me laugh every time.  Martin being high, Niles acting high, and goth Frederick make for a good combination.

• Love 5

I was such a fan of this show when it was first on, I'm happy to see that others still enjoy it as much as I do. Re-watching it over the past couple of months, I'd say Ski Lodge and An Affair to Forget also stand out as favorites. David Hyde Pierce is really just great in so many episodes. 

I'm up to season 9 now and you do start to notice some recycled plot lines. Frasier's constant dithering over relationships also really drags things down. My favorite love interest for him was Kate Costas (Mercedes Ruehl). It's a shame they destroyed her character on the way out.

Watching the show with adult eyes (I was in college when some of these episodes originally aired), I do also get a smirk out of the fact that Roz maintains such an active love life and employs a nanny as a single parent on a radio producer's salary. And the episode where her college-aged boyfriend's parents show up and cheerfully promise they have no interest in being a part of their granddaughter's life. LOL.

• Love 3
On 1/30/2017 at 7:31 PM, camom said:

I'm not real fond of some of the later season episodes, but High Holidays makes me laugh every time.  Martin being high, Niles acting high, and goth Frederick make for a good combination.

I don't find goth Frederick particularly funny, but Martin seeing Eddie talking on that commercial was hysterical!

15 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

And the episode where her college-aged boyfriend's parents show up and cheerfully promise they have no interest in being a part of their granddaughter's life. LOL.

When they were laughing behind the parents' backs about their noses, I have a feeling they were really laughing...they were so over the top big that they were a riot!

• Love 3

I don't find goth Frederick particularly funny, but Martin seeing Eddie talking on that commercial was hysterical!

I guess it's not goth Frederick himself as much as everyone's reactions to him that make me laugh.  Come to think of it, so many of the shows funniest moments are the characters' reactions to others.  DHP is a master at it.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, camom said:

I guess it's not goth Frederick himself as much as everyone's reactions to him that make me laugh.  Come to think of it, so many of the shows funniest moments are the characters' reactions to others.  DHP is a master at it.

So true!

On 1/12/2017 at 6:00 AM, Altair Aquila said:

Back to S2, and I love The Matchmaker. When I watched it for the first time I laughed so much, my stomach ached. I think comedy is a genre which can get away with the premise of this episode, a misunderstanding which gets out of hand. 

This is probably my favorite Frasier episode!  It was really perfection.

• Love 2
On 2/3/2017 at 2:26 PM, camom said:

This is so entirely true, but especially the bolded part, for me.  I love him so much!  I've been lucky enough to see him live on stage several times.  I actually have tickets to Hello, Dolly! coming up, and I"m more excited to see him than I am Bette Midler (and I'm pretty excited to see her sing on stage again too!!).

• Love 1

I watched Beware of Greeks this morning and it's one others I know aren't keen on, but I like it. I'm amused by Niles being chased by cousin Yvonne, and I enjoyed seeing Frasier going against a promise he made to reunite his nephew with the woman he still loved.

I wish they had brought back Martin's brother. All those awful Moons popped up, yet we didn't see Walt again. 

And then I watched The Maris Counsellor, an excellent episode. I thought it a fitting way to deal with the last straw of Niles and Maris's marriage.

Aside from it not being a strong episode (IMO) and the aunt was annoying (guest star aside), I didn't like that episode (BofG) because Martin distinctly said in an earlier episode that he didn't have any brothers and then voilá, continuity tossed under the bus.  Of course, Daphne had said she never had a serious boyfriend and then as the series went on at least two other boyfriends proposed to her before Donny (one being Clive that we actually met).  i know it's just a sitcom, but stuff like that bothers me.  

Yes, less Moons would've been nice.

Edited by indeed
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, indeed said:

Aside from it not being a strong episode (IMO) and the aunt was annoying (guest star aside), I didn't like that episode (BofG) because Martin distinctly said in an earlier episode that he didn't have any brothers and then voilá, continuity tossed under the bus.  Of course, Daphne had said she never had a serious boyfriend and then as the series went on at least two other boyfriends proposed to her before Donny (one being Clive that we actually met).  i know it's just a sitcom, but stuff like that bothers me.  

Yes, less Moons would've been nice.

You know they really should have played that up. Frasier didn't have a brother in Cheers and did Frasier. No comment about Martin and Frasier both lying about having brothers? Or Frasier could have made a comment in either episode about Martin lying only for Martin to point out he did the same thing. And told everyone his father was dead.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dabulls said:
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

THIS! It drives me nuts in my face, he constantly sabotages himself with his incessant doubts and fretting.

Classic Frasier

So classic. Plus his crazy high expectations. I really liked the episode where all his exes "confronted" him in the cabin and he "discovered" that his issues stemmed from his mother. Umm Fras, I love ya and all but how you let that detail fly past your brilliant psychiatric mind (after all he IS in the Hall of Thinkers...) is a stretch. Although it does makes sense that we can often see everyone else's problem more clearly than our own. 

His outraged and frustrated exclamation "I'm alone because I'm afraid to be alone!" always, always makes me laugh! Poor Fraiser.

I've had this argument/spirited discussion with my BF (also a Frasier fan, which is one of his many endearing qualities) about what these lovely women see in Frasier. He says that "on paper", Fraiser would be a catch. He's successful, a minor Seattle celebrity (!), wealthy, cultured, well-read & educated, well traveled, intelligent, loyal and kind. All of which I agree with, I just see that in addition to his fastidious and exacting side, his willingness to end things because they aren't "perfect" in his mind...example - Claire. She was the best of the GFs. Charlotte could have been good too but in that final season, it was rushed as they tried to wrap everything up and I feel like it didn't get the attention it deserved. Laura Linney is such a good actress that she tried to bring something to the character who came across rather flat (IMHO). I did appreciate that he was willing to try to break out of his usual pattern at the end. 

(PS: I don't think I will ever get tired of discussing Fraiser!)

• Love 7

I sulked just like Martin did when Frasier ended things with Claire. ;)

Speaking of Frasier's foibles, I loved how enthusiastic his family was in pointing them all out to him in Desperately Seeking Closure. How nice that they'd finally found an activity they could all enjoy together! ;)

• Love 6
On 2/7/2017 at 3:55 AM, Altair Aquila said:

Speaking of Frasier's foibles, I loved how enthusiastic his family was in pointing them all out to him in Desperately Seeking Closure. How nice that they'd finally found an activity they could all enjoy together! ;)

That quote made me laugh so hard after reading it that I had to go watch the episode ("Desperately Seeking Closure"). This has lead to a Frasier binge watch spiral. It has gotten me to realize that there are more S7 that I like than I thought. I've been giving S7 the stink eye for years because I associate it with Niles & Daphne, but I can skip right over those episodes and enjoy much more of the season. Season 8 though...

On 1/18/2017 at 1:13 PM, Altair Aquila said:

I thought Brian Bedford was almost too good. He seemed so sweet and sad, I just felt terrible for him.

On 2/5/2017 at 5:38 AM, Altair Aquila said:

I watched Beware of Greeks this morning and it's one others I know aren't keen on, but I like it. I'm amused by Niles being chased by cousin Yvonne, and I enjoyed seeing Frasier going against a promise he made to reunite his nephew with the woman he still loved.

Am I the only one who was really disturbed that Niles was being romantically pursued by his own cousin? They treated her like any other overly amorous character, and disregarded the incestuous nature of the whole thing.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Blakeston said:

Am I the only one who was really disturbed that Niles was being romantically pursued by his own cousin? They treated her like any other overly amorous character, and disregarded the incestuous nature of the whole thing.

They did call her a distant cousin, so I suppose I didn't let it get in the way of me having a laugh at Niles's expense. 

On 1/12/2017 at 6:00 AM, Altair Aquila said:

It's been a long time since I started watching Frasier in syndication, but The Matchmaker may be the first episode that really made me get what the show was all about and why it was so good.

Edited by ketose
unfinished thought
  • Love 2
On February 6, 2017 at 9:37 PM, msani19 said:

So classic. Plus his crazy high expectations. I really liked the episode where all his exes "confronted" him in the cabin and he "discovered" that his issues stemmed from his mother.

I didn't like that episode, and it annoyed me even more because Frasier's behavior with women doesn't change after all that! He goes through another big reckoning at the very beginning of Season 11, when Niles convinces him to "commit to commitment"--but then in the same episode Frasier realizes Julia is awful and calls it off with her. *Sigh.* 

I'll spoiler tag this in case folks haven't watched the end of the series, but my biggest complaint about the show at the end of its run was that

Spoiler

I didn't feel it really gave Frasier hope for a happy ending. Charlotte didn't seem like *the one* and I didn't think it would end in success for Frasier. Just like the big romantic gestures when he ran to the airport after Kate or took Madeline to Bora Bora, I felt like Frasier would get to Chicago and quickly realize he wasn't really all that into Charlotte. I guess they left it up in the air on purpose, but in my imagination he ends up back in California doing his new show and living a bachelor life. Maybe with some fabulous new gay friends a la Patrick Stewart. :D

• Love 4

Lol on yesterday's Docu Drama they had John Glenn on and as Roz and Frasier were arguing in her booth he was talking about all the strange things he saw while out in space and how crazy it was. He speculated if the government would ever allow the truth to come out and said he's seen some movies that came awfully close to getting it right. Then he grabbed the tape and left.

• Love 2
On 2/12/2017 at 11:07 PM, LaChavalina said:

Reveal hidden contents

I absolutely agree with this. I felt like the relationships in the last season (Martin/Ronnie; Frasier/Charlotte) were rushed and clunky which was odd because they had generally done a really good job in the past with developing even short-term relationships. I thought Charlotte was not "the one" or even "maybe the one". I couldn't see them working out in the long run. They had no chemistry (to me) or at least I couldn't quite see what he found so interesting about her romantically, so I couldn't get behind it.

Having just got through the Claire portion of my rewatch, she was one of the best GFs that he had. 

• Love 3

I felt a bit odd about the Martin/Ronee story. I think it's partly because when she first appeared, Frasier was interested in her, too, and it reminded me a little of the story with Maureen in S3. Martin didn't seem to mind going out with the same woman his son liked. I suppose all is fair in love, eh?

I agree about Frasier and Charlotte. They did nothing for me. The only thing I liked about that story was her boyfriend, Frank. He was one of my favourite guest characters from the later seasons.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Altair Aquila said:

I felt a bit odd about the Martin/Ronee story. I think it's partly because when she first appeared, Frasier was interested in her, too, and it reminded me a little of the story with Maureen in S3. Martin didn't seem to mind going out with the same woman his son liked. I suppose all is fair in love, eh?

Well, Frasier did tell Tom Duran in The Matchmaker that his father always tries to steal his dates :)

@LaChavalina mentioned the Frasier & Madeline going to Bora Bora episode.  Am I alone in thinking her answer of "hubba hubba" to the invitation to go to Bora Bora a bit odd?

• Love 2
On 2/10/2017 at 6:30 PM, msani19 said:

That quote made me laugh so hard after reading it that I had to go watch the episode ("Desperately Seeking Closure"). This has lead to a Frasier binge watch spiral. It has gotten me to realize that there are more S7 that I like than I thought. I've been giving S7 the stink eye for years because I associate it with Niles & Daphne, but I can skip right over those episodes and enjoy much more of the season. Season 8 though...

It's funny because S7 was where I started losing interest in the show. I liked Niles and Daphne as individuals but hated them as a couple. I also hated that they hurt and tossed their partners aside so they could run off together. I think Daphne's character changed for the worst in the last few seasons and the addition of her insufferable family made some episodes hard to watch. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4