Type keyword(s) to search

Flipping Out - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 5/27/2020 at 3:05 PM, Dmarie019 said:

I LOOOOOOVE his talk show. I also skip the shows with Dr Donna. And thank god him and Pattie had a slight falling out (even though he says they're fine now.) i don't think she'll be back.

And I think him and Scott are back together. He keeps mentioning that they've been doing things together.  Although I'm not sure it's a great fit because Scott doesn't seem to communicate very well when he's upset about something. 

Cracks me up when people come and post a 'juicy' story about Jeff and say how terrible he is. 99% of the time it's him making fun of himself ON the talk show.  

I HATE Dr. Donna and the Patti shows.  Good riddance to Patti!  And I totally agree.  Most of the time he is being an asshole, he is being sarcastic.   I actually think he is pretty self aware and honest regarding his faults.

Glad to know you are also one of his 12 listeners!!  haha

On 5/25/2020 at 12:21 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

Oddly, it makes me so happy that someone else gets Jeffrey. I adore everything about him, all his moods and his ridiculous humor. I also have a thing for Chris Plante so I guess I have a type.  I would like to be in his orbit just so I could be one of the characters in his life. I am sure he would find something to either like or dislike about me and blow it all out of proportion, which would be funny as heck to me. 

I don't have a clue how to listen to his show but would love too do that on the regular. Maybe I should check his twitter and see if there is a link. 

As far as Jenni, her actions were the catalyst in breaking up that friendship. I hope they patch it up but she would need to admit that her blaming him for her lack of a career was not valid. I also hold out hope that he and Gage will one day reunite. 

I really miss seeing him on tv and wish he would be able to come up with something to get back on my screen.

Do you have Sirius XM?  I think that's the only way you can listen.  He's on 4 days a week but there is a change.org petition to go 5 days.   I unapologetically love him.  He makes me laugh out loud every day. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I wonder if the vomit inducing white privilege I heard Jeff spew on Monday without even giving basic lip service to mention the murder of George Floyd was was just his sarcasm/self deprecating humor.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I wonder if the vomit inducing white privilege I heard Jeff spew on Monday without even giving basic lip service to mention the murder of George Floyd was was just his sarcasm/self deprecating humor.

I wasn’t cool with that, either. So....  

I don’t always agree and side with him. At all. But I can tell you that I listen every single day. So I still stand by the fact that I feel he is usually pretty self aware. But I think he was wrong on Monday. 

So I am not sure if that was a dig towards me, him, or both of us.  But since you don’t know me at all, I will assume it was only towards him. Who you do know well. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Jeffrey has one of his properties on the market but I can't tell if it is the one he bought and wanted to live in or one of the two that he bought while waiting for the one he wanted to live in was finished. 

This is the one he decided to buy because they were flipping the house next door and he wanted to protect the view and they lived in for the last season of the show. After, the house he wanted to live in was finished he started renos on this one.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/21/2021 at 9:14 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Man, this thread is difficult to locate.  

Have you seen the truce that was called between Jeff and Gage?  I’m relieved.  I hope it last.  We’ll see. Monroe is really a beautiful child.  

https://people.com/home/jeff-lewis-reveals-he-and-gage-edward-briefly-dated-after-split/

From ^the link - 

When asked what he'd learned from the situation, Lewis said he thinks he's "the better communicator" of the pair, which ultimately led to their breakup.

"We don't speak the same language," he said. "I felt like he wanted to fight, and I don't want to fight."

So in Jeff Lewis World, he is definitely the most awesome of the two, and NOT the problem.  

Color me stunned. 

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I suspect that Jeff thinks he’s the best communicator because he loves to talk a lot.  I don’t think he gets it, but if he’s willing to compromise, so be it.  That’s splendid.  Well, as long as it lasts.   

Regarding communications  being a huge problem……I realize this is likely a unpopular opinion, but I think the beauty of silence is underrated.  Sometimes, it’s better to just stay silent, smile and let things be.  All the bitching and running off at the mouth isn’t always wise.   What’s the saying…….Silence is golden…..I think Jeff loves the sound of his voice too much.   

• Love 7

I really wonder if Jeff is so destructive that when Monroe gets older she won’t want a relationship with him.  He has a real opportunity with her, but it sounds like he just can’t help himself.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Have you seen his new show?  I’m watching the first episode now.  It’s VERY similar to his prior projects.  I hope he’s changed…….we’ll see.  I’ll give it a chance.  I doubt I’ll start a thread on it.

https://www.tvinsider.com/1042905/hollywood-houselift-with-jeff-lewis-amazon-freevee/

…………I’m on episode 2 now. I really like it.   Which is odd….I really have an issue with Jeff.  But, the show is entertaining, imo.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I’m loving the new show. No Zoila, Jenny or Gage! I feel like all three of them dragged the show down, Jeff seems much more relaxed and happy. Jeff’s humor is still there but the meanness seems gone, I only wish they showed the “afters” a bit quicker. I think Jeff is the most talented designer out there, including every HGTV show there is. I love his work.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

There is one scene with Zoila.  She’s full time nanny for Monroe.  All seems well. I never had an issue with Jenny or Gage.  Jeff is putting on a good show right now. He’s trying to gain confidence and procure clients.  I find Jeff entertaining and funny, but I don’t lose sight of who he is.  He is very manipulative and thrives on dysfunctional relationships, from what I’ve seen.  Eventually, those close to him will get a big old dose of Jeff.  Lol 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Do most cat owners allow their cats to walk all over home surfaces like counters, desk, tables, etc?  I’m just curious.  

Only surfaces off limits are ones where food is served, prepared, or eaten. But unless you're with them 24/7, a cat is gonna do whatever they please, because they are a cat. 😹

• LOL 4
11 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Only surfaces off limits are ones where food is served, prepared, or eaten. But unless you're with them 24/7, a cat is gonna do whatever they please, because they are a cat. 😹

I guess.  I’ve had cats before years ago and I never allowed my cats on flat surfaces. Chairs, sofa, ottomans, ok.   They were never allowed on counters, dining table, kitchen surfaces, etc. , so didn’t really try.  Maybe, they did it when I wasn’t home.  It creeps me out.  I’m not sure why people don’t realize those paws have just been in a litter box with feces.  Surprised to see it didn’t bother Jeff.  

So, should we start a thread?  Where would it go?  

• Love 2

I have submitted a request for a new forum since the new show, Hollywood Houselift with Jeff Lewis, is supposed to be 10 episodes.   I suppose it will be available shortly.

I thought that Melissa River’s house project seemed rather reasonable.  I can’t figure out why she would have monetary concerns.  A couple of hundred thousands?  

Do you believe they really sent Jeff a bill for $5000. for the pipe damage?   

• Love 2
18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought that Melissa River’s house project seemed rather reasonable.  I can’t figure out why she would have monetary concerns.  A couple of hundred thousands?  

I know...especially since she was the sole heir of her mother's multi-million dollar estate. A couple hundred thousand for her is like saying a couple hundred for everyone else. 

18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Do you believe they really sent Jeff a bill for $5000. for the pipe damage?   

I doubt it, especially since Jeff was pretty cool-headed about it. 

My guess is that stories are embellished for drama, but I still enjoy Jeff Lewis...and that won't stop me from watching. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What did you think of that Gucci lion wallpaper and the black leather sofa?  

I did think Wilmer would like the Gucci paper - and I thought it fitted the client perfectly.  The sofa seems to not be elevated enough in quality - but perhaps it's just the way it came across with poor lighting, etc.?

• Useful 1