Type keyword(s) to search

Flipping Out - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Surrogacy 

58 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

From the ^above link:  (Jeff) “I want to raise my child as I see fit when she’s with me, and you can raise her how you see fit when she’s with you. I don’t need to know anything. You don’t need to know anything.”

Don't think Gage could find a better example of irresponible parenting if he had hired a PI to look for one.

If you thought that a custody agreement would come easy with Jeff Lewis involved, raise your hand.  👀 👀 

cricket.jpg

Poor Monroe. The fact that Jeff can’t apparently choose her best interest over His need to be “right” is so Jeff. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Eh, I read the article and to me it seems like a natural progression to what will work and won't work. It is probably a good thing for them to have tried/continue to try several options and see what is best for Monroe. The best for Monroe part is what I think they both want they just have different ways of getting there. Better to try it out on their own before it is a court ordered thing that has a chance of not working. 

Kids crave and need consistency having separate rules and standards based on who she is with at the time is a recipe for disaster. Actually putting Monroe first would be to get over your shit and compromising to provide consistency and to get along so she doesn’t grow up with all that tension.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Kids crave and need consistency having separate rules and standards based on who she is with at the time is a recipe for disaster. Actually putting Monroe first would be to get over your shit and compromising to provide consistency and to get along so she doesn’t grow up with all that tension.

Uh huh.  

On 10/16/2019 at 1:30 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

Eh, I read the article and to me it seems like a natural progression to what will work and won't work. It is probably a good thing for them to have tried/continue to try several options and see what is best for Monroe. The best for Monroe part is what I think they both want they just have different ways of getting there. Better to try it out on their own before it is a court ordered thing that has a chance of not working. 

I'm no expert in raising kids but I would think once you have a child, you already know what is best for the kid. You don't need to experiment with $hit regarding what's best for the kid. 

It always seem like there's some b.s. mixed in with the parents trying to jab at each other. At least where these 2 are concerned but especially Jeff. His ego comes before Monroe.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

My take is it's not like Gage didn't know Jeffrey before they decided to have a kid. And vice versa. The latest incident, from the article, seems to say that it is Gage who was jabbing Jeffrey, and that is why he lashed out with the don't worry about me I won't worry about you regarding Monroe's time with each parent. Gage was poking around in Jeffrey's private life since the breakup. 

Ha, I am the parent of three grown children, still married to their daddy (happily but differently than we started out. Damn! I just realized we forgot our 34th anniversary in October! when trying to remember how long we have been married) and I am still experimenting on what is best for those damn kids. 

My point was more about them getting it together and making it work rather than the courts telling them what they had to do, which for both of them would not work. They both are equal in this feud, in my opinion. They had 10 more or less years to figure out if they could make it work.

Actually, I believe Jeffrey when he said things were fine until the gym dude started whispering into Gage's ear...I think Jeffrey is heartbroken over losing Gage. I hope that they will eventually find a way back to each other. I know it is just tv but I have a soft spot for Jeffrey and also was probably the lone defender of Gage (hyperbole-ish, I know there were some) during their time together so I am in a pickle defending both of them. I seriously never thought that they would break up after having a child. 

You sound like a great parent/family!

• Love 1

Sadly, Jeff has a history of tearing down every good thing he establishes. Sad.....I have no idea how he will avoid doing that with Monroe. Of couse, she'll get to see him do that with all the people in their life....People rarely change.

• Love 5

If it appeared that Jeff was actually being honest and trying to change, this might make sense, (says, he's drinking daily to drown his sorrows and can't stop) but, it sounds like he's just making fun of his daily drinking and witching about how he can't stop drinking.....how is this suppose to create a happy, healthy home for Monroe?  Does he realize that he's providing someone a lot of ammunition to attack him in a custody case?  He just can't stop complaining and asking for pity.  

Apparently, it seems the show is no more, according to Andy.  I think that's a good call.  

Jeff seems quite self destructive.  Maybe, he should allow Gage to have custody, until he gets himself sober. 

https://people.com/home/jeff-lewis-admits-hes-been-leaning-on-alcohol-for-2-years-amid-ongoing-child-custody-battle/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

I've always thought that Gage played Jeff. He had a long-range plan for financial stability, using Jeff as a springboard. I've expected him to sue for full and sole custody and child support. Assuming what we saw on the show was real, I do believe he is the better parent by a mile.

The true test of Jeff's attachment to Monroe will be if he keeps "losing" to Gage, and if his professional life suffers. Will he continue to parent Monroe, and without using her to get back at Gage or as an emotional punching bag for his own neuroses? I hope so, because for now she is attached to him.

Somewhere in Hollywood Ryan and Gage probably had a no-holds-barred dinner where they exchanged Jeff-horror-stories.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

As someone who believes in letting time pass when necessary, the above warms my heart for all involved. 

It might do the same for me if I thought he was in any way sincere. However, him needing to put everything on his radio show rather than in private or to even wait until she responded to him makes me think he is not.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It might do the same for me if I thought he was in any way sincere. However, him needing to put everything on his radio show rather than in private or to even wait until she responded to him makes me think he is not.

This. So much of this. If I was Jenni and I started to get hounded through social media about why I was not answering Jeff I would be annoyed. I get that Jeff probably shares bits about his life on his radio show, but if he wants to have good relationships with some of these people he should probably refrain from talking about them on his show.

• Love 3

Well like Jeff said - Jeff lived his life on tv...before he met Gage.  Gage involved himself in that for 7 years. Gage also had no issue living their life on their radio show for at least a year. So Jeff doesn't see any reason why he needs to keep his life private now, especially since that's how he makes his money. It's why people watched his show and it's why people listen to him now. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

For me it’s not telling his business that’s the problem, but his cruel strict and total  inability to do the right thing. IMO, he enjoys seeing others misfortune. I see him as a giant manipulator.

Exactly. He also absolutely refuses to learn from his mistakes and doesn’t seem to care how his current actions impact Monroe. It’s one thing to let it all hang out in public when you are a single person and can handle the ripple effects but he should now give a shit about his child and how his actions are harmful. Not to mention I find his lack of growth to be truly frightening, most people would look at the fact that they have destroyed nearly every single meaningful relationship in their lives because of their actions and work on themselves, Jeff appears to have doubled down on his shitty behavior.

• Love 5

Jeff lived his life on tv...before he met Gage

Jeff has always yearned to make his living in the entertainment industry; he craves the spotlight. I read that years ago he worked in a casting agent's office, which is how he met Jennie, who also craved the spotlight.

• Love 3

I really wonder if Jeff has a personality disorder, like borderline.  It would not surprise me.  If so, I don't think it's likely he will change.  Sadly, chaos and toxicity follow them throughout their lives. 

• Love 2

Well I do think he's a little too old to change completely. But if you watch from the beginning of Flipping Out and even just to the last season or two (and more so now if you listen to his radio show) he has actually matured and grown quite a bit. 

And he doesn't deny the way he is. 

And I think he did learn his lesson from the first preschool that Monroe got kicked out of because he kept talking shit about the other parents.  He doesnt' talk about her new school hardly at all now, unless there was an incident like she got into a fight with another kid and how he was able to get it out of her that she was the one that started it. 

• Love 1

I think that Jeff is fortunate to have his fans. I think that he can be entertaining, witty and charming, but, after all I've seen from him over the years, it's just too much for me.  He's got a big mean streak and that's just not okay when you're raising a child.  I'm glad his show is over and I hope his daughter is spared his influence. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 2/29/2020 at 6:41 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

gage-edward-jeff-lewis-lawsuit-daughter-monroe-custody-name

These two are going to make War Of The Roses look like a children's fairy tale.

On 2/29/2020 at 6:41 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

gage-edward-jeff-lewis-lawsuit-daughter-monroe-custody-name

These two are going to make War Of The Roses look like a children's fairy tale.

I don’t get it. It seems like Gage is trying to antagonize Jeff. Why....he’s difficult enough as it is. If they have joint custody and they can’t agree on something like that, then it shouldn’t be done. This seems no benefit to Monroe. Having 4 names is a challenge in the real world for lots of practical reasons. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t get it. It seems like Gage is trying to antagonize Jeff. Why....he’s difficult enough as it is. If they have joint custody and they can’t agree on something like that, then it shouldn’t be done. This seems no benefit to Monroe. Having 4 names is a challenge in the real world for lots of practical reasons. 

They currently don’t have 50/50 joint custody, Gage is requesting that as for the name thing a lot of parents find it easier because others are weird about names. I doubt it would be a struggle for Monroe or something that she herself would have to deal with it. 
Gage isn’t the one bringing this shit up to the public, Jeff is and Gage isn’t commenting. I definitely don’t take Jeff’s interpretation of any of this as the truth. 

• Love 3

I’ve read that they have joint custody multiple times. I’ll have to search for links. Maybe, that’s changed.

What I mean about having 4 names is that most forms don’t have spaces for it, there are issues with applications, insurance, schools, etc. Some places you must use your full legal name and 4 is awkward. It’s similar to people who have oddly spelled names because their parents wanted to be creative or unusual.  In the real world, you end up constantly explaining, correcting, and being subjected to screw ups with your name. I don’t see the point of doing that to Monroe. I wonder why it was okay at birth and now needs changing.....I have no patience for Jeff, but this sounds odd, imo.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve read that they have joint custody multiple times. I’ll have to search for links. Maybe, that’s changed.

It’s currently 70/30 physical with joint legal custody. Gage is asking for 50/50 physical custody in these new filings..

From the January 21, 2020 People article in Jeff’s own words:

“I don’t believe he is prepared to take her for more than 30 percent of the time, which is what he has now,” he continued. “I don’t think that’s defamatory. It’s just my opinion. These are not slanderous statements. These are the things that I wanted to be clear.”

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
On 3/1/2020 at 10:22 PM, biakbiak said:

It’s currently 70/30 physical with joint legal custody. Gage is asking for 50/50 physical custody in these new filings..

From the January 21, 2020 People article in Jeff’s own words:

Does Jeff not remember that on the show, he relied on Gage to do a lot of the hands-on care when she was a fussy infant.  Of course Gage could parent her 50% of the time.

• Love 3

Wow one of the rare times I agree with Jeff. He shouldn’t be having parties right now! 
Also, did Jeff move again? He’s been at the one house that he was finishing on the show for at awhile. 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Can you imagine quarantining with Jeff...no wonder the latest bf hit the road....

Yeah, I can just envision how it goes down.  Jeff grows into this impossible person to be around. I get it.  I've known people like him before.  Sadly, they run most people off.  That's why I'm sad about Monroe. Glad she has other people in her life to make up for it though. 

• Love 4

I am going to speak out in support of Jeff on this one. As an avid listener to his radio show, he really seems to be more self-aware.   And it sounds like Scott was the one having a really hard time with the quarantine.   Making assumptions based on the tv show isn't fair.  In my opinion.  

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Marcya23 said:

I am going to speak out in support of Jeff on this one. As an avid listener to his radio show, he really seems to be more self-aware.   And it sounds like Scott was the one having a really hard time with the quarantine.   Making assumptions based on the tv show isn't fair.  In my opinion.  

I have also occasionally listened to his show and find him the same self-involved narcissist he always has been.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Marcya23 said:

I 100% agree.  But then again, I always have a soft spot for Jeff.  I can’t quit him.  My only true wish is for him and Jenni to make amends because I love her, too.

• Love 4
On 5/17/2020 at 7:16 PM, biakbiak said:

I have also occasionally listened to his show and find him the same self-involved narcissist he always has been.

Here's the thing, I listen every day (it's my entertainment at the gym).  Most of his narcissistic comments are usually a joke.  He makes fun of himself a lot.    He really doesn't seem to take himself too seriously.  If you are an occasional viewer or listener, it can come across as totally serious.   I actually find it refreshing that he knows his flaws and takes 100% ownership.   But again, just my opinion.  I know he gets a lot of hate which is odd to me.  If he's not your cup of tea, don't watch or listen.  For me, I look forward to most of his shows (except when Dr. Donna or that Millionaire Matchmatcher chic used to be on).

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Marcya23 said:

Here's the thing, I listen every day (it's my entertainment at the gym).  Most of his narcissistic comments are usually a joke.  He makes fun of himself a lot.    He really doesn't seem to take himself too seriously.  If you are an occasional viewer or listener, it can come across as totally serious.   I actually find it refreshing that he knows his flaws and takes 100% ownership. 

That is your perception. It most definitely isn’t mine or most people who actually deal with him in real life. I especially disagree with the 100%! Ownership part but glad you enjoy him. 

• Love 2

IMO, Jeff has many good qualities. I was a fan for years.   That's mainly why I watched his show for so long.  He can be quite charming, super funny and can be very self deprecating.  But, that's how he distracts people and pulls them in.   You lose focus of what you are witnessing and then he cuts you off at the knees or stabs you in the back.  I honestly believe it is something intrinsic in his psyche....personality disorder, etc.  but, not likely to change, even if he wanted to.  He'd rather blame himself, say he messed, beg for forgiveness and keep repeating the behavior.    His life is jammed full of massive interpersonal conflict.  He admits that himself.  That's why I doubt that Jenny will ever trust him again.  Sometimes, it takes many years before people really believe what someone is.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/18/2020 at 9:13 PM, Marcya23 said:

Here's the thing, I listen every day (it's my entertainment at the gym).  Most of his narcissistic comments are usually a joke.  He makes fun of himself a lot.    He really doesn't seem to take himself too seriously.  If you are an occasional viewer or listener, it can come across as totally serious.   I actually find it refreshing that he knows his flaws and takes 100% ownership.   But again, just my opinion.  I know he gets a lot of hate which is odd to me.  If he's not your cup of tea, don't watch or listen.  For me, I look forward to most of his shows (except when Dr. Donna or that Millionaire Matchmatcher chic used to be on).

I LOOOOOOVE his talk show. I also skip the shows with Dr Donna. And thank god him and Pattie had a slight falling out (even though he says they're fine now.) i don't think she'll be back.

And I think him and Scott are back together. He keeps mentioning that they've been doing things together.  Although I'm not sure it's a great fit because Scott doesn't seem to communicate very well when he's upset about something. 

Cracks me up when people come and post a 'juicy' story about Jeff and say how terrible he is. 99% of the time it's him making fun of himself ON the talk show.  

• Love 1