Type keyword(s) to search

Flipping Out - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I listened to his show when he talked about his 'wounded inner child' and while he seemed to "get" what the therapist was trying to do - I also was thinking "yea... there's no way he actually sticks to this...he just can't"   So while it sounds all good and well, I think it takes more than 1 therapist session talking to your 'inner child'. 

However it did resinate with me a bit.  I find that I can lash out at friends after building up a lot of tension. And then I feel stupid because it feels very high school-ish. Makes me wonder what age my inner-child is lol 

Edited by gunderda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've liked Jeff for a long time, despite his horrible behavior, but, if you really had to deal with the man.....I can't imagine.  He may be funny on tv, but, in real life......I couldn't take it. I WOULDN'T take it, because it's actually abusive, imo

Yep. All this. If indeed he’s trying to get to the root cause(s) of his lonely life (who’s left, now? Meghan — and, anybody else?), I sincerely wish him the very best. I’m his dad's age and have been working to understand my own problems for years. Jeff has time on his side, but unless he’s ready to be very honest with himself, it may not be enough. 

Y’know what...

...I take back the blanket “time on his side” statement. He needs to get his ducks in a row before his relationship with Monroe begins to suffer. She’s getting to the age where she’s not just the cute little sidekick. And acerbic tongue-lashings at an impressionable and independently minded young human are going to go way, way worse than those directed at adults. 

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 5

I guess Jenni was wrong when she said that having Monroe really changed Jeff.  In a way, it makes sense, because with this personality disorder that I described, these people often put on a good front. They can snow you really good with praise, kindness and generosity, but, then, BAM! They suddenly reveal their true self, which is cruel and controlling. I feel for Monroe. 

• Love 1
Just now, Pickles said:

Gage can't still be working for Jeff, can he?? Who DOES he have left? Didn't Megan leave too to do her own thing?

Her design business is reportedly goingvreally well. Does Jeff still have JLD, or is he mainly working for the furniture manufacturer (whose name I can’t begin to recall)? 

One thing I wonder about with Jeff is who are his friends that are on his level?  People like him seem to surround themselves with people who are beneath them.  They like having people who work for them, who are not as wealthy as they are, those who need them for something, those who are not as smart, not as accomplished, etc.  And when the underlings speak up for themselves, they are crushed or dismissed. 

I was never fond of Gage, but, I do empathize with what he tolerated for years.  Yes, I think Gage was also manipulative, but, he really served hard time for it.  I can only imagine that he and Jeff had some kind of business contract or personal partner agreement that provides him with a severance package or property settlement.  If not, then, he's going to be scrambling.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Gage can't still be working for Jeff, can he?? Who DOES he have left? Didn't Megan leave too to do her own thing?

I couldn't imagine he is either but Gage is getting money somehow....he rented an apartment in Hollywood that has a rooftop bar! so I bet Jeff is probably still paying him.  Didn't Ryan and Jeff still try and work together for awhile after they broke up? 

I don;t recall, but, I wonder if Gage is doing this on his own or if he has another person helping him out financially.  He may have saved his pennies from work done for Bravo or something like that.  It's just difficult for me to believe that Jeff didn't have some kind of contract protecting himself from being sued by Gage, if things didn't work out. 

• Love 1

Gage is not stupid, so he probably had an exit plan going for while before things blew up.

I think when you are in a relationship with someone like Jeff, you pretty much have to become manipulative just to survive. I mean, you can't tell them the truth. Look at what happened to everyone who has tried to tell Jeff the truth, or tried to be vulnerable and let Jeff know he had hurt their feelings, or pointed out his less than kind behavior. 

In the past, I gave Jenni a lot of shit, cuz she was right there beside Jeff as he sliced and diced his way through Zoila, Vanina, numerous other employees, and the two project managers ...then it turned on Jenni. But I was probably too harsh on Jenni, because Jeff is a "go along to get along" kind of person. Megan played it just right. Let Jeff think you are totally down with him right up until the time you are walking out the door.  

PS. I still like Jeff!   

13 hours ago, gunderda said:

Didn't Ryan and Jeff still try and work together for awhile after they broke up? 

Ryan and Jeff were only together briefly and never when we saw them on the show so they worked together for years.

17 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Which of the Orange County Housewives has Jeff been tight with?  Was it Shannon?  And, which one did he have a blow out with? Kelly?

Yep good friends with Shannon.  Friendly enough with a lot of others like Kelly (she called into his show the other day), Tamra and some others I'm trying to think who have been on his show. 

He hates Heather with a passion and dislikes Vicki a lot but other than that I don't think he dislikes any others. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Yep good friends with Shannon.  Friendly enough with a lot of others like Kelly (she called into his show the other day), Tamra and some others I'm trying to think who have been on his show. 

He hates Heather with a passion and dislikes Vicki a lot but other than that I don't think he dislikes any others. 

Oh, Brandi from HWOBH.....she threw a drink on him on WWHL.  But, I don't count her really.  Try to forget her in fact.  lol 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, Brandi from HWOBH.....she threw a drink on him on WWHL.  But, I don't count her really.  Try to forget her in fact.  lol 

oh yea, i forgot about her... and he did say that he thought they were ok and then she acted like it wasn't so now i guess they're no ok anymore? lol   I kinda love his drama with the housewives. 

On 2/14/2019 at 12:01 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

One thing I wonder about with Jeff is who are his friends that are on his level?  People like him seem to surround themselves with people who are beneath them.  They like having people who work for them, who are not as wealthy as they are, those who need them for something, those who are not as smart, not as accomplished, etc.  And when the underlings speak up for themselves, they are crushed or dismissed. 

I was never fond of Gage, but, I do empathize with what he tolerated for years.  Yes, I think Gage was also manipulative, but, he really served hard time for it.  I can only imagine that he and Jeff had some kind of business contract or personal partner agreement that provides him with a severance package or property settlement.  If not, then, he's going to be scrambling.  

What about Chaz the hair guy?   He does work for him but I feel like they are friends too?  Chaz is Monroe's godfather.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kroliosis said:

What about Chaz the hair guy?   He does work for him but I feel like they are friends too?  Chaz is Monroe's godfather.

Interesting point. As a non-expert, these are my thoughts on what I've read and what I've seen IRL with 4 of them that I have known.  

Narcissists can appear much more amiable to certain people in their lives, especially, if the person is elevated, famous, smart, etc. or thought of as great.  This connection, in their mind, bolsters their belief that they are great too and that greatness is reflected on to them by virtue of that relationship.

Because this great person can only help them, they use it to their advantage and normally do not give the great person a hard time.  They handle them with kid gloves, praise them and stay on good behavior. HOWEVER, if the great person upsets them, they may use any information they have to scandal that person and make them regret hurting them.  Also, they rarely get too close to that great person and keep it a fond, but, not intimate relationship.   Of course, I could be wrong, too.  Time will tell.  I do hope for Monroe's sake that her father will have reasonable and good natured adults in his life.  

• Love 4

Chaz seems to be the type of person to try and keep good graces with anyone no matter wha.  The guy had a hard time speaking ill of an ex-assistant that swindled thousands and thousands of dollars from him.  

• Love 2
On 3/22/2019 at 1:08 PM, biakbiak said:

In happier relationship news Trace is dating Antoni from Queer Eye.

Interesting. I really like Antoni. Don't remember much of Trace because Jeff Lewis goes through so many employees but IIRC, Trace was calm, quiet...much like Antoni. Anyway, I wish them well.

I don't like Jeff Lewis. Pretty sure I don't need to back up that opinion with proof. 

I just saw the article re: Monroe being kicked out of the preschool due to Jeff running his mouth on his podcast.  That poor child is going to be ostracized if he doesn't learn to shut his yap.

I was like oh it's preschool, but I remember somewhere (documentary or a more serious reality show - before they became so scripted) that in large metro areas (LA,NYC, etc.) where the child goes to preschool can influence elementary, high school, and so forth.  I'm sure that if it's a hoity toity preschool, the administration there is tight with the better private schools in the area.  In the article I read, Jeff said that getting her into another preschool wasn't going to be easy as most schools were full now and/or had waitlists to get in for the next term.  

14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Classic Jeff, the running of his oversized mouth, followed by contrition, followed by lashing out at the offended party.

He indeed will.never.learn.

This is the same shit, different day with Jeff Lewis. Everything you said above is exactly what he does in all the situations where he feels "wronged". Hey Jeff, sometimes you keep your mouth shut instead of airing all your grievances on air.

• Love 5

Preschools in Los Angeles are NOT like NYC. He could get her into pretty much any preschool and it would be no big. Of course, any private school is going to be concerned about this blabber mouth, unable to control himself, idiot.  

I'm sure he's speaking poorly of Gage in front of monroe and that's so sad. 

• Love 2

Jeff's inability to get along in life without drama, attention, strife, etc.  will not serve him well and will eventually hurt Monroe. Sadly, I think that Jeff is too entrenched with being that way and even the welfare of his daughter may not cause him to change. I really have no desire to hear him talking about how much his daughter means to him anymore. He just can't get out of his own way. 

• Love 3
On 9/19/2019 at 6:28 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Jeff's inability to get along in life without drama, attention, strife, etc.  will not serve him well and will eventually hurt Monroe.

And when Monroe gets older and becomes drop dead gorgeous, Jeff won't like all of the attention she'll be getting from both boys and girls.

Gage should have this child going to therapy NOW!

8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I think that I passively assumed it, but since you've asked, I can easily imagine Jeff having none of that.

If he  didn't adopt her,  I'm surprised that Jeff hasn't tried to keep him away from Monroe.  

• Love 1

I'm not sure what kind of parental arrangement they have.  I put nothing below Jeff. Likely, any child psychologist would tell Jeff that taking Monroe away from Gage would be detrimental to her, but, still.......

Before Monroe is 18, I shudder to think of what she will have to endure.  Is there there any long term relationship that has not ended on a terrible note with Jeff?  (Parents left?)

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
On 9/23/2019 at 9:00 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not sure what kind of parental arrangement they have.  I put nothing below Jeff. Likely, any child psychologist would tell Jeff that taking Monroe away from Gage would be detrimental to her, but, still.......

Before Monroe is 18, I shudder to think of what she will have to endure.  Is there there any long term relationship that has not ended on a terrible note with Jeff?  (Parents left?)

If I'm not mistaken, his mother passed several years ago from cancer.  I believe Jeff was young...maybe high school or younger.  His father was shown a few times on the show, seems he's a retired financial or real estate guy.  He seemed to be a bit cold to me.  Could explain a lot about Jeff, but then we all have burdens from our childhood that have affected us, yet we must soldier on, right?  

• Love 2
On 9/22/2019 at 5:29 PM, Rescue Mama said:

If he  didn't adopt her,  I'm surprised that Jeff hasn't tried to keep him away from Monroe.  

I don't think he had to adopt her. I think Jeff has said that Gage is listed on the birth certificate as her father. Not really sure how that all works these days but Jeff has stated that Gage is legally Monroe's father. 

And the school thing ended up best for the best. Jeff got Monroe into a new school and says that Monroe is much happier. When going to the Montessori school Monroe was crying every day on the way to school and never wanted to go.  Now she happily goes to school and doesn't want to leave.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Dmarie019 said:

I don't think he had to adopt her. I think Jeff has said that Gage is listed on the birth certificate as her father. Not really sure how that all works these days but Jeff has stated that Gage is legally Monroe's father. 

And the school thing ended up best for the best. Jeff got Monroe into a new school and says that Monroe is much happier. When going to the Montessori school Monroe was crying every day on the way to school and never wanted to go.  Now she happily goes to school and doesn't want to leave.  

While I would like to believe that to be true and it may be, I also have my doubts.  I don't think anyone would have trouble believing that Jeff would throw stones toward the school that kicked his kid and him to the curb.

• Love 2
On 9/28/2019 at 9:23 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

If I'm not mistaken, his mother passed several years ago from cancer.  I believe Jeff was young...maybe high school or younger.  His father was shown a few times on the show, seems he's a retired financial or real estate guy.  He seemed to be a bit cold to me.  Could explain a lot about Jeff, but then we all have burdens from our childhood that have affected us, yet we must soldier on, right?  

I just finished listening to a show from last week where he talked about the relationship with his dad. He said his dad is very critical of him a lot, in both her personal and business lives.  Jeff says that it probably makes him work harder so that he can maybe get his dad's approval for something.  However they still seem very close. Him and Monroe seem to make trips to his dad and step mom's fairly often, they get together for holidays with the rest of the family.  Except with Jeff's brother, whom Jeff and the other brother are now estranged with over financial things from their grandmother's will and apparently because his wife is a nightmare.  Jeff's other brother and his wife Cari( the realtor that has been on flipping out) are on his radio show once in awhile. 

Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

While I would like to believe that to be true and it may be, I also have my doubts.  I don't think anyone would have trouble believing that Jeff would throw stones toward the school that kicked his kid and him to the curb.

Before she got kicked out he would talk about how she would cry on the way to school. So that's not information that was reveal after she got kick out.

But yes, he absolutely does like to throw stones at the school.  Just recently he said he wanted to rescue other kids from it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/7/2019 at 11:25 AM, Dmarie019 said:

This is all so confusing to me. If Gage is legally Monroe's father, as well as Jeff, then is the surrogate who carried/birthed Monroe the mother? Maybe not legally but physiologically? So Monroe has 2 legal fathers and a surrogate mother? 

And is it even possible for 2 men to be the creators of a child with no female involved except for that female to be a human incubator? 

Edited by chenoa333
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

This is all so confusing to me. If Gage is legally Monroe's father, as well as Jeff, then is the surrogate who carried/birthed Monroe the mother? Maybe not legally but physiologically? So Monroe has 2 legal fathers and a surrogate mother? 

I think you have to look at it as a legal transaction (for lack of better terminology).  The surrogacy was a legal contract, the birth certificate (to my understanding) would list Jeff and Gage as Monroe’s parents.  And the birth certificate is the governing document, those are the parents.  The surrogate never had any legal claim to the baby.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

And is it even possible for 2 men to be the creators of a child with no female involved except for that female to be a human incubator? 

The surrogate was just the carrier (is that the correct term?) as they used an egg donor from someone else entirely so the actual biological mother isn't in the equation at all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

From the ^above link:  (Jeff) “I want to raise my child as I see fit when she’s with me, and you can raise her how you see fit when she’s with you. I don’t need to know anything. You don’t need to know anything.”

Don't think Gage could find a better example of irresponible parenting if he had hired a PI to look for one.

If you thought that a custody agreement would come easy with Jeff Lewis involved, raise your hand.  👀 👀 

cricket.jpg

• Love 9