Type keyword(s) to search

Fixer Upper - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I had it on in the background. Oy. And no thanks. Their kitchen looks like every one of the kitchens she worked on (weird word on the wall and all), the kids are the crew (without the charm of Colbert's kids), Chip has not improved--which is to say, I liked it better when he was off my TV. 

You know how they made it seem like Chip was the main remodeling guy? That's Jo in the kitchen. She can follow a recipe. Congratulations.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Oh, ugh. At the top of the hour just now, on the DIY Channel, there's a new hour long show called "Magnolia Network: A Look Ahead." I decided to see if I could bear to watch but only lasted a few minutes. Chip is as annoying as ever. Joanna talked about each of her kids and how wonderful they are and how they all enjoyed their family time or whatever. Before they could get started on what they are going to do with the network, I'd had enough of them. I've set the DVR to record the later airing of this and maybe I can FF through it. 

But if anybody does watch it, either in real time or recorded? Please let us know what they said.

I'm really sad that they are taking over the DIY channel. I assume they will boot off all the shows I've liked. I hope some of those shows will find a home on HGTV.

OTOH I can't stand and never watch those DIY "off the grid" and log cabins and Alaska and swimming pool shows on DIY, so I suppose it's not like I'm losing programs that I watched every day. Life rolls on, as they say. 

But oh man, if this Gaines network takeover brings Salvage Dawgs to a halt, I'm gonna be one pissed off viewer. 

• Love 1

I hate to admit it, but I’ll probably end up watching too much of the Magnolia Channel. I follow DeVol Kitchens on Instagram, so I’m intrigued by their show. And I really kind of hate the fact that Magnolia is prepped to be more about home & garden than the channel literally named Home & Garden TV.

I found the new lineup discussed in this article: https://deadline.com/2020/04/chip-joanna-gaines-magnolia-network-launch-delayed-covid-19-production-shutdown-original-series-first-slate-preview-special-diy-1202913073/comment-page-1/#comment-2774419

Yuck. I hate cooking/food shows, but the Magnolias are bringing those to their channel. 

I wonder if all the stars of those new shows have passed the Gaines' ideological screening. Not that it will matter to me since I won't watch their network. The lineup is: 

Growing Floret: The previously announced show features Floret Flower Farm—one of the most successful organic flower farms in the United States—and follows founder Erin Benzakein and her talented team as they attempt to tackle an expansion that puts their company’s future at risk.

Home on the Road: The previously announced show follows Amanda Sudano Ramirez and Abner Ramirez— as the music duo JohnnySwim—and their two kids as they tour the country seeking out home and community wherever they go.

Bespoke Kitchens: Journey across the pond with England-based deVOL Kitchens and their collective of remarkably talented craftspeople as they design and transform stunning kitchens and interiors for their clients.

Family Dinner: Host Andrew Zimmern visits families across America to explore how the cultural, regional, and historical facets of who we are inform what and how we eat, and all the ways food brings people together.

Restoration Road: Woodworker Clint Harp travels the country in search of some of the oldest, most beautiful structures still standing today, examining how they were built, restored and given new life by some of the country’s most talented craftsmen.

The Fieldhouse: When Justin Bane’s NFL dreams were cut short due to a serious injury, he turned his passion for the game into a passion for helping others. In 2011, he and his wife Annie used every penny they had to open The Fieldhouse gym in Abilene, Texas, where they’ve committed their lives to helping people turn broken dreams into an inspiring, new reality.

Super Dad: Comedian, father and DIY expert Taylor Calmus and his squad of builders team up with families that have an inspired idea for their children—from a pirate ship in the backyard to a custom ball launcher mounted to their family truck. Taylor and a fellow super dad, will get to work building these one- of-a-kind projects.

Home Work: After moving from their 900 square-foot home, husband and wife Andy and Candis Meredith and their seven kids work together to convert a 113-year-old, 20,000 square-foot schoolhouse into their family’s dream home.

The Lost Kitchen: Erin French is the owner of The Lost Kitchen, a historic mill turned restaurant in Freedom, Maine, population 722. Every year, hundreds of visitors from around the world make reservations not by phone or email, but by submitting postcards in hopes of experiencing a meal they will never forget.

Inn the Works: Lindsey Kurowski purchased The Oak Knoll Lodge in Big Bear, Calif. This four-acre campground, constructed in the 1920s has fallen on hard times, but Lindsey and crew aim to restore, renew and polish this gem for a new generation to enjoy.

• Love 1

Jeeves beat me to it, but I'll give my impression about the new shows!!  I think that a lot of them sound interesting.  I'm willing to give most of them a try.  The Gaines' idea is that they want to have shows about things that matter to them; family, home, gardening, cooking.  Chip said to think about their network like a wheel, with 'home' as the center, and these shows as the spokes.  

The couple who have the flower farm were interesting and very likeable!  They've already put in 20 years in making their dream a reality, so I think it'll be interesting to follow their story.  I love flower gardens, so I'm hoping to pick up some good tips from them. 

The guy with the gym wants to help inspire people when they feel down or hopeless.  There was a guy in his gym who said that he used to be an athlete, then he went the opposite direction and became very out-of-shape.  The gym owner is all about encouraging these people.  His goal is to give back to his community by helping people. He can relate since he grew up poor (youngest of 4 or 5, and the last in the tub, having to use the same bath water from the previous kids), and he played football in hopes of making it big one day so that he could help his family, but an injury ended his dream.  He said that he wants to "help broke people feel good." 

Clint Harp will travel and help to rebuild old structures like barns, etc.  They showed him going to an old building that George Washington once slept in.  We'll learn a little history and watch the rebuild!

The Lost Kitchen looks interesting too.  The owner is not a trained chef.  She uses the market-to-table approach to her cooking.  She has an all female staff, and most of them did not have culinary training either.  Her restaurant is in Maine.  The food looked delicious!  The restaurant seats only 50 people at a time, so the atmosphere is more cozy and family-like.  

There'll be a show with the couple who have 7 kids (kind of like a Brady Bunch situation.)  They each have 3 boys from previous marriages, and 1 girl together.  They also have a MIL, or some relative that lives with them.  They do construction and remodels, but this will also focus on the old school they bought (3 floors) that they'll renovate as their new home.  I love renos like this!!  

Family Dinner looks like fun too.  This focuses not just on the food, but the families and friends who gather to make delicious meals.  I'm hoping to pick up a few recipes from this show.

I wasn't familiar with the DeVols, but their kitchen ideas are very inspired.  They want kitchens that have that "lived-in" look, not the standard kitchen renos we usually see.  

Super Dad looks like fun!  He's a young guy who builds very unique toys, jungle gyms and playhouses for kids.  The Dad on his projects also help so that they can be a "Super Dad" for their kids!  He looks at his builds from a kid's eye view.  Looks like fun!

I like Chip & JoAnna and wish them well with the new network.  I'll definitely give it a try.  I'm sure that I'll pare down my viewing list once I see the shows, but I'm happy to have some different shows to choose from for a change. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

None of the above mentioned new shows interest me. 

Joanna is going to have a cooking show.  They bought an old grist mill in which they built a new kitchen for her to film in.  She's mentioned that having the cameras in her home is too disruptive for her kids.  It's a really nice space they've redone in the grist mill.  I'm not sure if there are more shows planned than what they showcased last night, so maybe there will be something in there you like!  I'm just happy to have something different to watch.  

I'm not sure if Chip will be doing a show or if he will continue to do remodeling and new builds out of the limelight.  I don't recall them saying anything about that.  

From Parade magazine:

"The network was originally set to launch on October 4, 2020, but due to temporary COVID-19-related production delays, the launch is being pushed back and a new date has not yet been set.

“Right now, it’s important that we all continue to look out for one another by upholding the guidelines set forth by the experts, leaders and frontline heroes working tirelessly to get us all through this difficult time,” Chip and Joanna said in April amid the coronavirus pandemic. “With this as our top priority, we’ve decided to delay Magnolia Network’s launch until we can safely resume production. We have an incredible team behind us and we look forward to the days ahead when we can get back to work, telling good stories that encourage, motivate and inspire hope.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm in no hurry for Chip and JoJo World, so yes, among other reasons, follow the guidelines. As if.

I don't see a show featuring his homophobic pastor, so there's that, but having discovered a world of non-cookie cutter remodeling shows/global food shows (thanks, Netflix and YouTube) and fascinating food podcasts like Samin Nostrat's, this channel is not something I'll be seeking out. 

• Love 4

Well, maybe Clint will do better with this show than the previous one. He was very wooden (haha) in his delivery and not natural on TV (every time he worked with Joanna, he was so awkward) but maybe having to interact with someone else will help him.

I wonder if the flower people (and really, most of these new shows) are going to make it through the 'rona times solvent. But that one, the Inn one, and the postcard cooking one--I just don't see how you can get multiple seasons out of these shows. Oh, no, a drought! We can't do that again, we did that season 1! I mean, at some point you run out of bargain-priced mansions, or run down Indy houses to flip, but I would think you would run out of story lines much faster in a "I'm renovating this inn" or "we're turning this school into a house". There is a solid season of material there, but what do you do for season 2? Find a new school or inn to renovate?

But really, I don't care about any of the new shows at this point, I want to know if Big Texas Fix is going to be renewed and be on HGTV or DIY/Magnolia. I almost wish they had taken over HGTV instead because that network is the one that needs an injection of creativity to branch away from reruns and Property Brothers while DIY had a nice mix of short, interesting shows and longer renovation shows.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, MaKaM said:

I almost wish they had taken over HGTV instead because that network is the one that needs an injection of creativity to branch away from reruns and Property Brothers while DIY had a nice mix of short, interesting shows and longer renovation shows.

Yes, indeed! Property Brothers are nice guys but I can't watch their shows (they're both too nerdy & *act* nerdy, IMO). 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

Yes, indeed! Property Brothers are nice guys but I can't watch their shows (they're both too nerdy & *act* nerdy, IMO). 

I'm okay with them and they are able to work with the camera pretty naturally so that is another point in their favor (I haven't watched Christina's new show but she was so robotic when the camera was on her that it was very off-putting, Property bros don't have that issue) but I am just burnt out on their million shows of gray and white renovations.

Which is also why I don't need a redux Chip and Jo show, they are all gray and white and black decor too. Snooze.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Well, they are card carrying SAG actors.

I feel sorry for anyone who actually thinks they design and rebuild the houses on the shows they host. They've gotten really tiresome and way overexposed on HGTV.

• Love 5
On 4/27/2020 at 7:42 AM, ChitChat said:

Clint Harp will travel and help to rebuild old structures like barns, etc.  They showed him going to an old building that George Washington once slept in.  We'll learn a little history and watch the rebuild!

You know what, HGTV had a great show very like this - Jeff Devlin's Stone House Revival. 

Yeah, they're treading carefully to not alienate their religious right wing audience. Not a mask seen on their instagrams, etc. A few things about BLM but no pushback to the racist commenters. 

• Love 3

I just saw an announcement that Fixer Upper will have a new season, with 6 to 10 episodes, in 2021 on the Magnolia Network.     HGTV has moved a lot of the DIY shows onto HGTV, but I wonder about the First Time Flippers, and others? 

I thought C & J were done too, but I guess the short season, and staying local will make it more manageable for them.   From what some of the HGTV reno show hosts have said, the number of shows required by HGTV is 16 or more, and it's a hard schedule financially, and doing filming takes a ton of time.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I just saw an announcement that Fixer Upper will have a new season, with 6 to 10 episodes, in 2021 on the Magnolia Network.     HGTV has moved a lot of the DIY shows onto HGTV, but I wonder about the First Time Flippers, and others?   

That's interesting. I thought C&J were *done* with their own show.  If Chip would just act like a mature adult, it's a decent show. I've always liked looking at the three houses, trying to guess which one the buyers will select.

Has anyone seen the show “Dream Home Maker” on Netflix? I’ve watched the first two episodes, and so far it seems like a cross between Fixer Upper and Flip or Flop (without the real estate aspect). I haven’t created a topic for it yet because I wasn’t sure if anyone else has seen it. I only discovered it today. 

• Love 1

The funny part of Fixer is that Joanna comes across as the designer, and Chip is more her construction guy, but not innovative.   In reality he was buying cheap homes, remodeling, and renting them out for student housing, and he was still a student at Baylor at the time.    He's supposed to be the real planner, and the one who has come up with what became the Magnolia empire.    A few years ago I read that they employ over 300 people, and I'm sure it's a lot more by now with the new shops at the Silos, the two restaurants, and other businesses.    Plus, Magnolia Realty has a lot of agents, and works in several cities in Texas.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
On 10/21/2020 at 3:22 AM, topanga said:

Has anyone seen the show “Dream Home Maker” on Netflix? I’ve watched the first two episodes, and so far it seems like a cross between Fixer Upper and Flip or Flop (without the real estate aspect). I haven’t created a topic for it yet because I wasn’t sure if anyone else has seen it. I only discovered it today. 

Yes I'm watching it. I wouldn't mind a topic for it (I actually searched if there was one) although I'm not sure there is a lot to tell about it, it's not really different from many other design shows.

Well, while it might not be breaking new ground, I’m down for a show that takes out the fake real estate search that takes up too much time. The veil has long been lifted; we all know that the house was already purchased and everybody watches for the demolition and the final product. It’s about time they start removing that aspect.

• Love 2

Yes, as far as I've been able to find out, the only show where they don't always own the house before the show, is Home Town with the Napiers.   Often, the two houses aren't on the MLS, but still owned by family, but the owners live elsewhere, and aren't moving back, or other situations.    Every other show that I know of, the house is already purchased.    In fact, with the long time to get permits, and start construction, I'm sure some of the reno shows own the houses for a long time before the show is filmed.   

However, I do enjoy seeing the alternative homes, because it's still interesting sometimes.  

• Love 2

When the Magnolia network debuts next Spring (or whenever it happens), there is supposed to be a 10 to 15 episode new season of Fixer Upper.   They're taking over the DIY network, and changing it to Magnolia network.    Recently, HGTV has had morning marathons of Fixer Upper.

Spoiler

Here's a list of the shows they'll have, with an explanation of what the show's about:

https://www.housebeautiful.com/lifestyle/a24561063/fixer-upper-chip-joanna-gaines-tv-return/

They're also going to have access to all of the rerun Fixer Upper shows, so I'm guessing they'll be on a lot. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

I thought the Magnolia network was supposed to start in June, then got postponed until September because of the pandemic, and then they stopped running promos for it. I was really hoping it had died a quiet death. Sigh, I will never watch anything with these two homophobes in it.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Sigh, I will never watch anything with these two homophobes in it.

I'm curious about this statement because the word homophobe is defined as "a person who hates, fears, or scorns gay people or gay sexual orientation."   I'm asking in a non-snarky, polite way.  Have Chip & Joanna exhibited this kind of behavior, and if so, is there a link? 

I found a statement by Chip that reads: "Joanna and I have personal convictions,” writes Gaines, 42. “One of them is this: we care about you for the simple fact that you are a person, our neighbor on planet Earth. It’s not about what color your skin is, how much money you have in the bank, your political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender, nationality or faith… We are not about to get in the nasty business of throwing stones at each other—don’t ask us to cause we won’t play that way.  We don’t discriminate against members of the LGBT community in any of our shows. HGTV is proud to have a crystal clear, consistent record of including people from all walks of life in its series."

I've never seen anything "homophobic" about Chip and Joanna.  And if they do disagree with people on this subject, they're entitled to their opinions, just like everybody else.  As long as a person isn't harming another person with their particular beliefs/opinions, then I'm not going to slam them for their said beliefs/opinions.   I think that the word 'homophobe' gets thrown around a lot these days when that's not the case.  It's merely people disagreeing on the topic, but doing nothing to adversely affect those that they disagree with.   Just my humble opinion, and no offense meant to anybody.  My motto is "live and let live."  That seems to be what Chip and Joanna do.  Of course, please correct me if I'm wrong and they've done some heinous thing that I'm not aware of. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Chip and Joanna belong to a church that believes in gay conversion.

I understand and respect your feelings on the matter.  Since I haven't seen either Chip or Joanna act any differently towards their gay clients on the show,  I'm not ready to write them off based on what church they go to.   They seem to be very warm and welcoming to all of the people we've seen on their shows, so that's what I go by.   Again, I'd have to see some hard evidence of them being intolerant to gay people before I quit watching their new network - which I'm excited about!  Looks like a bunch of good shows on there.  

And again, I post this in a nice, non-snarky tone!  I truly understand your thoughts on this, chessiegal.  🙂 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I understand and respect your feelings on the matter.  Since I haven't seen either Chip or Joanna act any differently towards their gay clients on the show,  I'm not ready to write them off based on what church they go to.   They seem to be very warm and welcoming to all of the people we've seen on their shows, so that's what I go by. 

Of course you haven't seen them act this way, they've never allowed a gay person to be on their programme! 🤬

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

Of course you haven't seen them act this way, they've never allowed a gay person to be on their programme!

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought that they had.   Maybe I'm thinking of other HGTV shows and from reading past comments by HGTV and their assurance that there was no LGBTQ discrimination on any of it's shows - including Fixer Upper.   Has there been anybody from the LGBTQ community that have come forward or filed a complaint that they weren't allowed on the show?   Also,  Chip & Joanna haven't used their show as a platform for their church either.  They keep that separate from the show. 

I'm not here for an argument or to disrespect anybody.  I originally posted here in excitement of their new network, but it looks like I'm in the minority on that, so I'll move along.  Maybe I can find a forum somewhere else that shares in the excitement of something new to watch rather than focus on an aspect of their lives that none of us are really privy to.   🙂 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought that they had.   Maybe I'm thinking of other HGTV shows and from reading past comments by HGTV and their assurance that there was no LGBTQ discrimination on any of it's shows - including Fixer Upper.   Has there been anybody from the LGBTQ community that have come forward or filed a complaint that they weren't allowed on the show?   Also,  Chip & Joanna haven't used their show as a platform for their church either.  They keep that separate from the show. 

I'm not here for an argument or to disrespect anybody.  I originally posted here in excitement of their new network, but it looks like I'm in the minority on that, so I'll move along.  Maybe I can find a forum somewhere else that shares in the excitement of something new to watch rather than focus on an aspect of their lives that none of us are really privy to.   🙂 

Watched Fixer Upper the whole run - there has never been an LGBTQ couple shown

As for any discrimination suits, C & J can turn down LGBTQ applicants a HO for a  lot of other reasons....and it would be almost impossible to charge discrimination unless they specifically said if you're LGBTQ....don't apply.

Not even sure if you can sue in TX for that reason either

5 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Please don't go, Chit Chat. I welcome and share your opinions about Chip, Joanna and their new Magnolia network...and looking forward to it!

I also believe that they've had a gay couple on their Fixer Upper show. Obviously, they didn't introduce them as LGBTQ, but most of us knew and accepted them as such.

Please stick around. I need a forum buddy to share the excitement of Magnolia, and can't do it alone. 😉

• Love 4
6 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

As for any discrimination suits, C & J can turn down LGBTQ applicants a HO for a  lot of other reasons....and it would be almost impossible to charge discrimination unless they specifically said if you're LGBTQ....don't apply.

I think it would be safe to assume that Chip & Joanna have been around LGBTQ folks at some point in their lives (who hasn't?)  Until someone comes forward and says they felt "intolerance" or that Chip & Joanna showed some kind of nasty behavior towards them, then I'm not willing to judge them on unproven accusations.  YMMV.

4 hours ago, MsTree said:

Please stick around. I need a forum buddy to share the excitement of Magnolia, and can't do it alone.

Thank you.  I appreciate that!  I've been seeing the promos for the shows, but I'm still not sure when they'll start.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

I also believe that they've had a gay couple on their Fixer Upper show. Obviously, they didn't introduce them as LGBTQ, but most of us knew and accepted them as such.

Never did. Not... a.... once. And it stuck out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

Never did. Not... a.... once. And it stuck out. 

Did anybody in the LBGTQ apply to be on the show that was turned down by Chip & Joanna?  This is important to know, otherwise it's just speculation that they are "intolerant."  At least that's what I'd want to know.  To label people as intolerant and homophobic without any evidence is very, well, intolerant.  I'd be very disappointed in them if they treated anybody with malice, but from reading her magazine and following her Instagram account, they really don't come across that way.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, MsTree said:

😉

I thought that as well, but now I think I was confusing Fixer Upper with Love It or List It. There were several episodes on LIOLI that featured gay couples (and none that I can recall ever on Fixer Upper). I wish they'd do the show without Chip. His nonsense gets on my last nerve. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I'd be very disappointed in them if they treated anybody with malice, but from reading her magazine and following her Instagram account, they really don't come across that way.  

They aren't going to allow anything they can control to tarnish their Brand. They're certainly not self-destructive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

FWIW, I remember that after a couple of early clients either went AirBnB or sold their places (read it was based on cashing in on a Gaines redo), Chip & Jo only dealt with friends or members of their church. So not control freaks or exclusionary a bit. 

• LOL 2

I'm wondering if we'll need to make individual forums for the new shows under the Magnolia Network, or if we'll have one main forum with sub-forums.  Mods, any suggestions?  

9 hours ago, buttersister said:

FWIW, I remember that after a couple of early clients either went AirBnB or sold their places (read it was based on cashing in on a Gaines redo), Chip & Jo only dealt with friends or members of their church. So not control freaks or exclusionary a bit. 

Is there a link to that story?  Maybe they started with friends as they got their show up and running.  I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt rather than judge them on hearsay, jumping to conclusions, and speculation. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 2

At the beginning, they were all people they knew in some way (The couple in Uganda, were Joanna's sister Miky's inlaws), then after that season some were just getting renovations because of the national publicity, and only wanted to rent for short term rentals, or for football season at Baylor, or other events.     That was when the contracts changed, so people just bought, and had the remodel, then had a reason they had to sell and move.   

The one the first season that was for a rental, investment property was the house that was owned by the couple where the wife was a soccer player, and that was said up front that it was to revive the neighborhood.    Later, it rented to someone who lived upstairs, but the first floor was a day care.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, ChitChat said:

'm wondering if we'll need to make individual forums for the new shows under the Magnolia Network, or if we'll have one main forum with sub-forums.  Mods, any suggestions?

I would hope that as the new shows begin to air, that each show would have its own forum/title. It would make sense as I believe each show is somewhat different...and might appeal to a variety of viewers who don't necessarily want to view/scroll through other topics.

• Love 1

So after the previews scheduled on Discovery+, with the new season of Fixer Upper, and all of the other Magnolia shows that were supposed to be on their own network (formerly DIY), does that mean that Fixer, and the rest will actually be on the streaming service, and not the DIY/Magnolia network?   I wanted to see the new season of Fixer, but not on a streaming service.

19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So after the previews scheduled on Discovery+, with the new season of Fixer Upper, and all of the other Magnolia shows that were supposed to be on their own network (formerly DIY), does that mean that Fixer, and the rest will actually be on the streaming service, and not the DIY/Magnolia network?   I wanted to see the new season of Fixer, but not on a streaming service.

I'm still a little confused by it all, but I found some Q&A's about it on a Google search.  Here's what I found:

"The Magnolia Network -- originally scheduled to launch in October until the pandemic delayed the debut -- takes over for the Discovery company's DIY Network.  Discovery Plus will feature “90 Day Journey,” a “curated series” that will feature couples who emerged as fan favorites.  Dec. 2, 2020. "

Then it was noted that the Magnolia Network can be seen on channel 111 (Dish Network): channel 230 (DirecTV); channel 188 (Orby).

I'm not sure if Joanna's cooking show will be strictly on Discovery+, or if it'll be on the channels noted above.   That will be disappointing to me if it's going to be that way.  Even though it's "just" $4.99/month, I don't want to be nickel and dimed to death by different streaming services - which seems to be the way different networks are and will be operating.  Pfft. 

16 hours ago, buttersister said:

I caught some of Jo's cooking shows and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I saw the preview and I liked it!  While I respect professional cooks, I also enjoy seeing cooks like Joanna who are making fairly easy comfort food, and who can tell us a story behind said food while she's walking us through the recipe.  I liked that she talked about her Mom making a meal out of hot dogs (cut up and sprinkled with Korean seasoning), and how she laughed and said that there will be people out there saying "how did this clown get a cooking show making hot dogs?"  I like her attitude about the whole thing.  She knows she's not a professional chef, but she's enjoying making food that her family enjoys, and she's hoping that those watching her will like it too! I loved the Cuisinart copper pots and pans she was using.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 1