Type keyword(s) to search

Media Thread For Feud

• Start Topic

Olivia de Havilland Won't Give Up Her Fight Over 'Feud'.

The two-time Oscar-winning actress is refusing to back down in her year-and-a-half-long battle with FX Networks, alleging the 21st Century Fox-owned cable network never obtained her permission and defamed her in the Ryan Murphy-produced limited series.

Despite losing her bids in a California appeals court in March and the state Supreme Court in July, the centenarian star is now petitioning the U.S. Supreme Court to consider her case. In what has shaped up to be a battle over 1st Amendment rights, De Havilland is seeking to reverse the appeals court decision so that she can pursue a jury trial.

• Love 2

I watched the first few episodes of Feud: Betty and Joan when it aired but my DVR stopped recording them and I haven't been able to revisit it until it got added to Hulu. Aside from the little inaccuracies, I'm really noticing just how much older all the actresses cast look than their real-life counterparts at the time this is supposed to take place. Sometimes they hide it, but sometimes it's really obvious. Also, yeah, no one looks like who they're supposed to be playing except maybe Sarandon. The script really smacks you over the head with its "commentary."

I finally rented Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte last night, so I just had to rewatch the two Feud episodes involving it today. It was really fun hearing the dialogue and seeing the recreations. And they should totally have listened to Davis about not starting off the film with two men, because I was thinking exactly the same thing when the movie started.

Olivia de Havilland's entrance didn't have all the bits of business that Crawford's did. Was the latter what really happened? If so, then did de Havilland not do it because it was so difficult? Davis was so impressed by Crawford's work there.

I also noticed that the big dinner confrontation between Miriam and Charlotte was shot outdoors with Crawford but moved to the indoors dining room with de Havilland. Again, was that what really happened, Crawford shot it outside in the heat?

• Love 1
On 11/13/2022 at 2:29 PM, Black Knight said:

I also noticed that the big dinner confrontation between Miriam and Charlotte was shot outdoors with Crawford but moved to the indoors dining room with de Havilland. Again, was that what really happened, Crawford shot it outside in the heat?

Probably not.  I would just guess they took some liberties when recreating scenes from the movie due to time and budget constraints. 

https://www.vogue.co.uk/arts-and-lifestyle/article/feud-season-2-capotes-women

Frome the article: "...Variety reported that the show had found its Capote, too: Pride & Prejudice and The White Lotus’s Tom Hollander had snagged the part of the prolific novelist who became a pariah when he published a story which exposed the shocking secrets of his most powerful confidantes. Joining him? Eternal New York It-girl Chloë Sevigny as CZ Guest, a cover girl and muse to Andy Warhol and Salvador Dalí; Diane Lane as Slim Keith, the former wife of Howard Hawks who was credited with discovering Lauren Bacall; Calista Flockhart as Lee Radziwill, Jackie Kennedy’s radiant younger sister who married a Polish prince; Molly Ringwald as Johnny Carson’s second wife Joanne Carson; Treat Williams as William S Paley; Chris Chalk as renowned author James Baldwin; and Ella Beatty as Kerry O’Shea, the daughter of Capote’s lover John O’Shea."

What a cast! I am looking forward to this like a kid looking forward to Christmas. Hopefully the wait won't be much longer.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

FEUD: Capote Vs. The Swans | S2 Teaser - Awful Things | FX

FEUD: Capote Vs. The Swans | S2 Teaser - Secrets and Lies | FX

FEUD: Capote Vs. The Swans | S2 Teaser - The Original Housewives | FX

• Like 1

Feud: Capote Vs. The Women – Portraits of a Swan: First Look

Truman Accuses Ann Woodward of Murder - Scene | FEUD: Capote Vs. The Swans | FX

FEUD: Capote Vs. The Swans | Teaser - Coming Up This Season | FX

(edited)

Zac Posen Takes Us Behind the Scenes of Feud’s Black and White Ball

“This isn’t a historical recreation piece. This is a different story that we’re telling through historical figures. Each lady had their own history to bring. I started off much more closely to history. I thought, let’s get our historical base, and from there, then we can evolve, abstract, and elevate. [Ryan and I] were in touch daily through the process, but I was definitely given a great deal of creative freedom.”

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Useful 1

Some interesting info on the young woman who became Truman Capote's protege toward the end of his life. Kate Harrington was the daughter of Capote's former lover John O'Shea, and Capote wound up taking her under his wing after O'Shea completely abandoned his family. I honestly thought this plot point was fabricated for the mini-series, but it really did happen. Kate Harrington saw Capote as much more of a father figure than her real one.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/09/truman-capote-surrogate-daughter

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)

Has anyone found a podcast with knowledgeable hosts that you like? I listened to one a couple of weeks ago. But they weren’t the sharpest tools in the shed. For example, they kept confusing Joanne Carson with Joanne Woodward!

Edited by MonicaBWQ
  • Sad 1