Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: I Said I Got It!

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

The trip up the stairs is why I can't quit Kate. Laura and Rhylee both suck. And yes to the poster upthread who said that Ashton tried to get close to Laura at the bar and she pushed him away. The audacity of complaining after. 

Yes. Walking slowly up a narrow stair way while your subordinate is carrying a heavy load in bare feet and could easily slip and hurt themselves is in fact the essence of maturity and leadership. I hope they use that clip in future management training seminar.

I noticed at one point when Ashton was drunkenly staring at Laura and not comprehending her bullshit that he looked exactly like Harry Hamlin. I bet Rinna gets that dead eyed stare ten times a day.

• Love 6

I am going to have to watch Rhylee's conversation with Ross over again. I think I was distracted and stopping and watching but I did not hear it as a contrite apology for her behavior. Just an insistent push to make Ross hear her. I remember thinking, I don't think this is what Kate had in mind. Pardon me for saying it, but, sometimes, you do need to manipulate people. This was more sorry not sorry. A poster above had a much better way to have handled this conversation. A request, in a polite manner, saying, Boy, I would really love to do anchor, or docking, or whatever. Do you think you can show me so that I can. I just did not hear anything like that from Rhylee. Just complaints about what she was doing. Could be wrong. Need to rewatch tonight.

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Yes. Walking slowly up a narrow stair way while your subordinate is carrying a heavy load in bare feet and could easily slip and hurt themselves is in fact the essence of maturity and leadership. I hope they use that clip in future management training seminar.

I noticed at one point when Ashton was drunkenly staring at Laura and not comprehending her bullshit that he looked exactly like Harry Hamlin. I bet Rinna gets that dead eyed stare ten times a day.

Laura was completely insubordinate and deserved what she got IMO. She could have put the water down and waited until Kate reached the top.

• Love 20

Kates behavior as usual was childish, vindictive and nasty. Not what you expect in a leader or a professional.

People are criticizing Ross and how he handled Rhylee when he was very professional. He took her aside several times and tried to talk it out without putting her down. He tried to explain his process and was complimentary to her even though some of her actions were on a par with Laura's miscues.  How would you feel if instead of offering to help Rhylee carry that chair he stood in front of her and walked really slowly because he was pissed off at her attitude? There is a way to do things when you are a professional and a leader and there is a way not to do things.

Kate is a just a childish mean girl.

Edited by langford peel
because Kate is always in a bad mood since she never gets laid
  • Love 12

What it means to be professional is that you act like a professional all the time. I get that she let Laura spew because Laura was hurting herself and looked stupid. Kate is a veteran of reality TV and knows how that would look like on camera. The look of glee in her eyes when Laura hung herself was clear to see.

Captain Lee's look of dismay when Kate came in with her problems for him to solve was also clear to see. What happened to "If I have to solve your problems what do I need you for?" Or is Kate immune to that because so many people love her nasty bitchy personality? Because acting like a child makes great TV? Because the crowd loves the overdog.

I get that I am in the very small minority in disliking Kate. Most people think they will be one of the mean girls and not one of their victims. I just support the underdog in most encounters. Your mileage may vary.

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Laura was completely insubordinate and deserved what she got IMO. She could have put the water down and waited until Kate reached the top.

I wish she would have dropped the water on her foot and then slipped. That's just me, I'm not in the Kate Hater Fan Club.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, melkel14 said:

Laura asking why Kate went behind her and checked her work shows that she's really never been a chief stew-  ANY manager would do that with a new employee to make sure they knew what they were doing.  Kate's not stupid and going to blindly trust someone she just met.

Yes. And if the guests ended up complaining to the Captain about anything, it would come back on Kate. Interior is HER direction. She needs to make sure all is as it should be. 

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

And when you add on the fact that Rhylee doesn’t respect the chain of command and argues/talks back in the middle of tasks she is the one sabotaging herself from getting to do higher level shit that Ross needs to know will be accomplished as he wants them without back talk. 

She finds a reason to get mad constantly. Yes, in the middle of tasks. I'd be scared for the safety of all aboard if I entrusted too much to her and she got heated for some reason. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, dleighg said:

Laura: "I admit I've been messing up on my turndowns.  But it's really hard to stay motivated when you're being treated in such a way."

An excuse for everything. I can't stand people like that. It's in the category of the non-apology "I'm sorry if anyone feels offended by what I said."

Yep. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t matter how she’s treated. She’ll still do a half-assed job while claiming everyone else is falling short. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

I disagree. I think she wants to learn about how to set up the slide (which requires a lot of physical strength) and the anchor and possibly more. When Ross asks if Tyler knew how to work the anchor and Tyler said he'd like to learn, Rhylee realized she'd never been asked that question. I think that's what got her all huffy (which I think is a generous description from you) this time. It took a talk with Kate for her to figure out what she really wanted and how to communicate that to Ross, except I'm still not sure how well she communicated her desire to learn and grow professionally.
I'm hoping that if Ross truly understood that she wanted to walk away from the ship with more than just money in her pocket, with a greater skill set, he would find a way to add to her duties/skills. He would realize he needs to teach her as well as use her for what she can already do.

It’s hard to know what she said since the conversation was edited, but it looked like she got in her own way again. It makes sense that Ross would take awhile to hear what’s she’s saying, given how she’s pretty much just resorted to screaming gibberish at him every other time, so it would have helped her if she’d kept her patience and her humility and responded calmly and tried again to articulate what she was hoping for. Instead it looked like she got frustrated and left. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, langford peel said:

I think it was brilliant. Kate was able to CHECK whether Laura had accepted the hierarchy, which Laura demonstrated she had. (Also I’m not seeing the safety argument, sore-ry.)

1 hour ago, langford peel said:

Kates behavior as usual was childish, vindictive and nasty. Not what you expect in a leader or a professional.

People are criticizing Ross and how he handled Rhylee when he was very professional. He took her aside several times and tried to talk it out without putting her down. He tried to explain his process and was complimentary to her even though some of her actions were on a par with Laura's miscues.  How would you feel if instead of offering to help Rhylee carry that chair he stood in front of her and walked really slowly because he was pissed off at her attitude? There is a way to do things when you are a professional and a leader and there is a way not to do things.

Kate is a just a childish mean girl.

Disagree. Kate has a huge job and needed Laura to stop being a brat. 

Also disagree re Ross. I like him but his poor management of Rhylee has caused her issues to mushroom. His biggest mistake has been allowing her to take over their discussions while actually not taking the right steps to find out why she’s mad. 

• Love 21
44 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I guess putting the responsibility to handle things on the department heads does not apply to Kate only Chandler.

Sorry. I was misinformed.

Captain Crunch doesn't have to be consistent. Just crusty and quotable. Got it.

Are you under the impression that Kate can fire a stew?  Also it looks to me like Kate has built a working reputation with Capn Lee that allows her to talk to him about her stews when she needs help. In the real world managers like Capn Lee tailor their management of their subordinates to fit the situation. Looks likes it worked out.  

• Love 19
16 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

.......I always hope these are just TV personalities, because otherwise, i’ve no idea how some of these people have ever held down a job. 

I wonder what man would ever want to become involved with Rhylee and have a serious relationship with her? She is so argumentative. Agree she is exhausting.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

It’s hard to know what she said since the conversation was edited, but it looked like she got in her own way again. It makes sense that Ross would take awhile to hear what’s she’s saying, given how she’s pretty much just resorted to screaming gibberish at him every other time, so it would have helped her if she’d kept her patience and her humility and responded calmly and tried again to articulate what she was hoping for. Instead it looked like she got frustrated and left. 

To my eyes it looked like she lost her composure (side effect of being vulnerable) and was either crying or starting to cry. There was no more she could say or do once that happened. 

I think this relationship would benefit for a visit to a counselor of some kind because they are both talking past each other, neither really hearing the other. I think Rhylee wants to make some changes and is willing to eat a little poop and be vulnerable to effect changes while Ross wants to just finish the season strong, making Captain Lee happy. Both are good and reasonable goals but ...

• Love 6
3 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

I disagree. I think she wants to learn about how to set up the slide (which requires a lot of physical strength) and the anchor and possibly more. When Ross asks if Tyler knew how to work the anchor and Tyler said he'd like to learn, Rhylee realized she'd never been asked that question. I think that's what got her all huffy (which I think is a generous description from you) this time. It took a talk with Kate for her to figure out what she really wanted and how to communicate that to Ross, except I'm still not sure how well she communicated her desire to learn and grow professionally.
I'm hoping that if Ross truly understood that she wanted to walk away from the ship with more than just money in her pocket, with a greater skill set, he would find a way to add to her duties/skills. He would realize he needs to teach her as well as use her for what she can already do.

The thing is, we've been sown more than once that Rhylee cannot take instruction.  She blows up when being told what to do and that would be a safety issue if it happened in the middle of a task more dangerous than dismantling the passerelle.  So she can complain all she wants about not learning, but she's the cause.  I also think she's given easy tasks that she can do on her own because no one wants to deal with her.  She's an asshole.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, langford peel said:

What it means to be professional is that you act like a professional all the time. I get that she let Laura spew because Laura was hurting herself and looked stupid. Kate is a veteran of reality TV and knows how that would look like on camera. The look of glee in her eyes when Laura hung herself was clear to see.

Captain Lee's look of dismay when Kate came in with her problems for him to solve was also clear to see. What happened to "If I have to solve your problems what do I need you for?" Or is Kate immune to that because so many people love her nasty bitchy personality? Because acting like a child makes great TV? Because the crowd loves the overdog.

I get that I am in the very small minority in disliking Kate. Most people think they will be one of the mean girls and not one of their victims. I just support the underdog in most encounters. Your mileage may vary.

Add me to the teeny, tiny group that thinks the slow walk up the stairs was passive agressive bullshit.

• Love 12

First..apologies for this novel..LOL.I do hope that this makes a few people think...out loud!!

They are in a catch 22 situation on this yacht. Majority of the problem is that Lee wants them to "deal" with the problems themselves (or why does he need a Boson at all if he has to do their job himself) if I remember what he said correctly. Lee's comments to Ross and the previous Bosun put him in a situation where he feels like he can't go to talk to Lee about Rhylee without feeling like he can't handle her or do his job. Lee expects him to fix the situation but with no authority to fire her. Otherwise she would have been fired long ago.

On the other hand I can see why Lee can't give that authority due to Kate's immature leadership. (Lee could have asked more questions about what was happening and also asked him to return of there were any more issues that needed to be handled in a more serious manner giving him confidence that he could at a minimum tell her to just DO YOUR JOB while giving him the confidence that Me what his back to handle an insubordinate crew member. Now to Ms. Sore-y.  She has a TERRIBLE attitude as well but it could have been nipped from the get go or at the very least made to be a civil relationship. It's just for a few weeks Jeez.  Not like the crazy people every one of us on here have to deal with UNTIL THE END OF TIME it seems at our jobs. Instead of talking to the stews in a professional manner and training them when she sees there is an issue with something, she belittles them and talks about them behind their backs causing a bad situation that could be great if handled differently. It's not like they can fire everyone in a blink and have someone jump right in the boat to replace a fired stew. Why wouldn't she be nice and teach them right then as it only makes her job harder and creates havoc. She is more concerned with letting everyone else know they are unqualified (compared to her)and not as good as she thinks she is at her job.

So, with that being said, all of these comments about Ross I feel are crazy and underserved.  Put yourself in a situation having to deal with... let's go on and say it...harassment and bullying. I say bullying because he can't fire her and feels like he can't go to Lee or he gets the (you can't handle your job or your employees speech)  if the employee knows they can't be fired as Rhylee obviously does. What else can you do except remain professional. And he has kept his cool like no other and should be commended in my opinion.

Lee needs to listen to his bosses a little more clearly, Kate needs to grow up and Ross imo has been unbelievably professional.

I would say the REAL problem is the producers who have obviously made it a point to get people to work on that boat who are trouble makers.  That makes for great T.V. but I think they are messing with people's careers. Especially Lee's career which he prob started before the producers were even born or at the least he started when they were in grade school. Really sad to see this because at the end of the day a yacht caption is a very serious job with incredible responsibilities out on the open water like that and has to answer to many people we don't even know about just to have horrible trouble maker employees planted on your hungry million dollar yacht?  I mean REALLY? Is it not stressful enough just pulling in to the freaking dock?

I am a sucker for drama just like everyone else and I love the show but this season really hot me thinking about how inconsiderate everyone on that show is from the deck hands and stews to the captain all the way to off camera. This is our world today. Treat everyone like crap instead of just simply being nice to one another.

Perfect example of how much easier it is to be nice instead of being angry and mean.  I mean it is easier to be nice isn't it???

• Love 3

Honoring the long list of Kate witticisms this season, can we petition TPTB to re name this episode thread “Check(list) Yourself”?

Also, Rhylee has zero people skills. I’d say zero social skills but she seems to be able to get dick so she’s got that skill, just n so much in the co worke department. And Laura hon, you ain’t all that. Neither is Chef Creepy, for all his holier than thou babble about open relationships and free love and disdain for Laura after she’s gotten with Jar head, you I know he’d hit that in a minute if it meant snaking Jar head (sorr6, I can’t remember his name).

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Also, Rhylee has zero people skills. I’d say zero social skills

I totally agree. She goes ballistic when she should still be at level 1 on a ten point scale. That whole thing with "I'm fine" when Ross was asking whether she needed help? Why not say it with a smile? She said it angry, so of course Ross wonders whether she's pissed, or what? So he tries to figure out where her head is at, and she gets more angry. Kind of like when I slam a cabinet, he asks "what's wrong" and I say to my DH "I'm fine." I don't expect him to just say "cool, I'll go watch the game." I expect engagement :)

• Love 12
4 hours ago, scrb said:

Only thing I got out of this episode is that Canadians pronounce more words weirdly than just "aboot."

There was "soorree" and one other.

As a Canadian, neither I nor anyone else I know has ever pronounced the word "about"  "aboot", although I have heard "aboat". Laura has some regional thing going on with her speech but I can't figure out where the hell she is from, but if I had to guess, I would say somewhere in the prairies. What bothers me just as much is her loud screechy tone.

Rhylee (it pains me greatly to type that spelling) has the same annoying voice, and I don't know if it's been mentioned here before, but all I see is former Duchess Sarah (Fergie) Ferguson when I look at her.   

• Love 10

As a female, I feel for Rhylee. There is nothing more frustrating than your male counterparts pulling ahead just because they are male. Or seeing the boys club move forward, and leave you consistently behind, even when you ask to be challenged.

As a manager, I cannot stand Rhylee. She goes from 0 to furious. I can't trust her in a job in which I will be explicitly required to give her directions, and have her obey my every word immediately and without question. This is why she likely can't do group tasks, like the heavy slide, or the anchor. She needs to prove herself, and then means her personality and not just her worth ethic. The problem is, she can't even take constructive criticism, because she just starts to yell and fight. How can she be trusted on the slide if she gets mad, drops her part, and walks away as we have seen her do in other tasks. That can damage the boat/hit a guest, etc. And anchor is even more important, the safety of the individual and the boat depends on that being done properly. 

As a captain, she is also a surprisingly poor communicator. I don't understand why she can't sit down with Ross and just say "I know I'm getting frustrated, but I feel overlooked. I want a chance to prove myself. I would really like to learn how to do the anchor, and what do we need to do to get me to that level." He can't read her mind and his job as a bosun isn't to be a mentoring manager to her. It is to keep the boat running smoothly, run the exterior, and guests fun and excursions. Plus, she has proven several times that she doesn't care about screaming in front of guests and doesn't want someone else directing her. Her immediate reaction is to snap and scream. Her work ethic is probably the only thing keeping her employed on the boat, but how many people would want to hire her after this show? I really hope she doesn't come back next season. 

Edited by nenya
  • Love 21

Rhylee needs to learn how to say "Hey, Ross, I'd really like to learn to handle the anchor, set up the slide, or whatever. Can we work that into today's schedule?" Instead, she just complains about the jobs she is given and acts like a spoiled brat.

Geez, I'd love to hear some background on Laura from her past co-workers. I almost have to belief production created her a character to play to give Kate a target since she gets along with her second stew and even the chef on this season.

• Love 21

Rhylee and Laura are two peas in a pod. Insufferable twats. Any legit grievance they have with their superiors is completely wiped out by their utter lack of professionalism and self control. And for me - it does not make for interesting tv viewing... Cripes.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, esco1822 said:

From Captain Lee's Blog:
"Kate, you had another stellar week in my assessment of things. I thought you dealt with Laura in a calm fashion, more so than I would have had she talked to me the way she spoke to you. I was also glad that you didn’t give me an ultimatum, as we both know how I deal with those. I was genuinely glad that you talked with me about options, 3 to be exact and you agreed with me that having a chat with her first should be the first on exercised. I hope that it works, and only time will tell. Didn’t Jimmy Buffett write a song about that? At any rate another great week, 20k is a great tip and we can see the light. Well handled."

I agree with Captain.   She handled that little nuisance professionally, and calmly, never once raising her voice with Laura.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm probably an evil person, but I lived for Kate walking all slow while Laura was behind her, carrying something. 

Laura is just so extra. I have zero sympathy for her. She flips out on Kate, with guests nearby, then stomps off like SHE'S the victim. And she has the nerve to posit that maybe KATE could have just done the towels herself. Bahaha, girl. No. That's the entire point of giving you turndown; to free Kate up for other things. The fact that she needs a list to help her complete her chores tells me she was never a chief stew....not one of worth anyway. 

And her behavior with Ashton was ridiculous. He was actually TRYING to stay by her side and not carouse it up, when they first went out. But she decided to brush him off,  based solely on the WORD of the guy she wouldn't hook up with, so Ashton goes and dances elsewhere. And somehow HE'S the bad guy?

That girl just looks for perceived slights everywhere. I can't stand her.

And Adrian is definitely trying to stir things up. He's a stealth bitch. But I did feel for him a bit during that awkward kitchen moment with the charter guest. Yikes. 

Rhylee is another one who always thinks everyone is against her. I,thought it was interesting that Ross was easily able to point out why the jobs she's given are more important. 

Also, she has been incredibly toxic, so I wouldn't blame him for giving her a lot of tasks where she's kind of off by herself. Girl does not play well with others.

Overall, these guests were pretty good. A bit on the boring side, but very polite and appreciative. I thought Ashton put a lot of effort into planning that dance and it paid off. Everyone had a blast. 

Agree with all of this.

5 hours ago, ohcomeon said:

Rhylee needs to learn how to say "Hey, Ross, I'd really like to learn to handle the anchor, set up the slide, or whatever. Can we work that into today's schedule?" Instead, she just complains about the jobs she is given and acts like a spoiled brat.

Geez, I'd love to hear some background on Laura from her past co-workers. I almost have to belief production created her a character to play to give Kate a target since she gets along with her second stew and even the chef on this season.

Agree!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, luvthepros said:

I wonder what man would ever want to become involved with Rhylee and have a serious relationship with her? She is so argumentative. Agree she is exhausting.

Or Laura for that matter.

God what harpies!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, nenya said:

As a female, I feel for Rhylee. There is nothing more frustrating than your male counterparts pulling ahead just because they are male. Or seeing the boys club move forward, and leave you consistently behind, even when you ask to be challenged.

As a manager, I cannot stand Rhylee. She goes from 0 to furious. I can't trust her in a job in which I will be explicitly required to give her directions, and have her obey my every word immediately and without question. This is why she likely can't do group tasks, like the heavy slide, or the anchor. She needs to prove herself, and then means her personality and not just her worth ethic. The problem is, she can't even take constructive criticism, because she just starts to yell and fight. How can she be trusted on the slide if she gets mad, drops her part, and walks away as we have seen her do in other tasks. That can damage the boat/hit a guest, etc. And anchor is even more important, the safety of the individual and the boat depends on that being done properly. 

As a captain, she is also a surprisingly poor communicator. I don't understand why she can't sit down with Ross and just say "I know I'm getting frustrated, but I feel overlooked. I want a chance to prove myself. I would really like to learn how to do the anchor, and what do we need to do to get me to that level." He can't read her mind and his job as a bosun isn't to be a mentoring manager to her. It is to keep the boat running smoothly, run the exterior, and guests fun and excursions. Plus, she has proven several times that she doesn't care about screaming in front of guests and doesn't want someone else directing her. Her immediate reaction is to snap and scream. Her work ethic is probably the only thing keeping her employed on the boat, but how many people would want to hire her after this show? I really hope she doesn't come back next season. 

I don't think Rhylee is being left behind because she is female.  I think it is because she's such a toxic asshole that it's easier to just assign her tasks off by herself than to actually interact with her.  She, however, I'm sure thinks it's because she's female. 

• Love 15

Rhylee is really her own worst enemy.  Whatever legitimate point she might make about being ignored for certain assignments, she loses me when she chooses to express her disagreement by engaging in screaming matches that are mostly incomprehensible gibberish. 

• Love 17
12 hours ago, AUJulia said:

Passive aggressive, effective and hilarious. 

Yes - passive aggressive and it put Laura in her place without having to say a word.  Kate doesn't have to take Laura aside and counsel her, she doesn't have to go to Captain Lee again and she doesn't have to trot out tired sayings like "I'm not here to make friends."  If Laura is smart enough to get it, Kate has to do something like that one time and it's (hopefully) over.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Kate was BEYOND professional when Laura was attempting to yell at her in front of guests, when she pointed out Laura's errors and when she stood there and took Laura's verbal abuse.  Or are we just ignoring all of that because Kate purposely walked up some stairs slowly? We get it, you hate Kate.  

Agreed.  I am learning that blind hatred is a real thing.  Also, my definition of underdog is apparently off.  I always think of the underdog as someone that is victimized and unable to defend him or herself.  Laura is perfectly able to defend herself with the best of them and came on board looking for a fight.  After their exchange, it was Kate that I felt a bit sorry for because the crew comforted Laura although it was Kate that was verbally abused. My sense is that although they understood Laura was in the wrong, Kate's strong personality made them believe that she is immune to such abuse, whereas the emotional Laura needed a hug. 

Edited by laprin
  • Love 17

Blind hatred is when someone gave you no reason for your dislike. Pointing out someone’s flaws and going against the continual praising of a character on a scripted TV show is not blind hatred. It is just a difference of opinion. Distaste for the manchinations of a glorified housekeeper is really no big deal.

• Love 2

Sooo about that "performance."  That was so ridiculously offensive.  It was the epitome of cultural appropriation: rich white people taking sacred and time-honored parts of a native (and colonized) culture and using it for their own entertainment, with no appreciation for or understanding of the cultural significance.  See also: white people donning the dress and traditions of other non-white cultures for fun and profit.  It was so gross and uncomfortable to watch.  I am surprised no one has mentioned it here yet, given all the discussion of the Mafia stereotypes.   I hate those bullshit staff antics to begin with.  (I refuse to believe anyone with the money to actually charter a mega yacht wants to have a bargain-basement foam party with the yacht staff.  If a yacht has a party, I am guessing it puts a Kyle Richardson White Party to shame.  It's not Kate with some glass beads and Party City party favors saldy dancing around.)  But this was just next-level awful.  Kate should have booked native performers like she did for the waterfall, and asked the performers if there was a way they could participate respectfully.  I love Kate - I find her endless entertaining despite her  flaws - but this was a big miss for me.  It was right up there with her dismissal of Jen being groped by guests last season.  

As for the Rhylee/Ross situation, I keep asking myself, "Why not both?"  Ross has exhibited signs of bro-ishness and gender bias.  Rhylee does appear to be getting passed over to learn skills that would bolster her resume. This became even more obvious with the arrival of Tyler.  However, Rhylee's presentation does not do her any favors.  One hand, it is endlessly frustrating that as  women, we are not allowed to be angry, even if that anger is justified.  I have seen in my own work place (a law firm) that men have far more leeway to express anger, act out, and generally be an asshole than women.  On the other hand, I don't think this is the behavior anyone should be aspiring to.  We should be discouraging, disincentivizing and penalizing men who act this way, not pushing for women to behave with the same level of disrespect and aggression in a work environment.  

• Love 15
On 1/8/2019 at 10:31 PM, howiveaddict said:

I can see how everyone's hair would look like crap, blowing in the sea breeze all the time.  I know mine would.   You'd have to use a ton of product to keep it from moving.   My Grandmother used to go to Florida for vacation. She was a weekly hair style at salon type person.  When she would come home from the trip, her hair would always look like she had been sick in bed , for a month. The salt air and wind plays havoc.

Ha ! So true, I live in Florida. I get your grandmother, there is never a good hair day here. It always amazes me when I go on vacation to a "normal" climate and realize that hey, my hair is behaving and I don't have shitty hair after all! 

Seriously, Laura and Kate have hair long enough so that all they have to do in the morning is brush it out and pull it back in a neat bun or ponytail. Even my husband who was walking through the room said something about Laura's mess. 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, jkitty said:

Sooo about that "performance."  That was so ridiculously offensive.  It was the epitome of cultural appropriation: rich white people taking sacred and time-honored parts of a native (and colonized) culture and using it for their own entertainment, with no appreciation for or understanding of the cultural significance.  See also: white people donning the dress and traditions of other non-white cultures for fun and profit.  It was so gross and uncomfortable to watch.  

I agree entirely. Where does Kate get off copying the mores and attitudes of Oz. She doesn’t have green skin and I bet she has no idea of how to ride a broom. Sure she physically resembles Margaret Hamilton but it was over the top when she yelled at Caroline to go home and “take your little dog too.”

Enough with the cultural appropriation!

Edited by langford peel
The lollipop guild demands that I correct my spelling
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, nenya said:

The problem with Ross is that he doesn't know how to work with a female.  Sure Rhylee is crazy but he does blatantly disregard her.  She is a good worker.

Loved how, in a past episode, they had video of dogs humping intermingle with Rhylee and Tyler.  The butt slapping and noises I could do without.

I just Josiah.

• Love 3

In this case the guests specifically requested that the crew perform “traditional” Tahitian dance, it wasn’t Kate’s idea she was doing her job and fulfilling the guests request. All the other performances on this show that haven’t specified the crew perform she has hired local performers.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 15