Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: I Said I Got It!

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Kate deals with Laura's insubordination; Ross is at his wits' end with Rhylee's attitude; a charter guest pursues Adrian romantically; Ashton leads the crew in a musical performance for the guests; Rhylee's feelings for Tyler grow stronger.

Airs January 8, 2019.

I’m in. 

Has anyone her actually bought Core water? During the last hurricane I was given some. No different taste. Didn’t notice the “extra” electrolytes. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Laura has been to the Kate school of hair dressing. When her hair was partially up in the first part of the show it was awful. Looked like she had made her part with a rake. Why can't these girls comb their hair?

Adrian’s hair doesn’t look like he uses a comb either. Rhylee is absolutely exhausting to deal with, but her hair usually looks nice.

• Love 11

I can see how everyone's hair would look like crap, blowing in the sea breeze all the time.  I know mine would.   You'd have to use a ton of product to keep it from moving.   My Grandmother used to go to Florida for vacation. She was a weekly hair style at salon type person.  When she would come home from the trip, her hair would always look like she had been sick in bed , for a month. The salt air and wind plays havoc.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

Rhylee should have sex a few times daily.  Seems it's the only thing that checks her craziness.

Laura has a very warped view of the world around her.

I didn't like the Mafia crap - again.  I don't get why they would air this.  It's offensive.  

I think its just a look at "below deck". I can't imagine any crew that does not make jokes about their clients. Its just human nature. And thats what happens below the deck. Sometimes you are caught on camera and sometimes you are not.

• Love 17

So when talking to Rhylee Laura basically acknowledged she didn’t do her job at all during turndown. I know they won’t but I really wish the dudes would acknowledge how out of line Laura was in her fight with Kate:

1 minute ago, Mondrianyone said:

Leave it to the Below Deck casting people to find the one rude Canadian in existence.  Oy Canada.

You should meet my brother in laws family. Never met a bigger group of assholes, Laura is far from alone.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Rhylee should have sex a few times daily.  Seems it's the only thing that checks her craziness.

Laura has a very warped view of the world around her.

I didn't like the Mafia crap - again.  I don't get why they would air this.  It's offensive.  

Nah, she wouldn't get any work done. Give her a vibrator and hand Ross the remote controll then zapp her when she gets out of line.

• Love 8

When Tyler slapped Rhylee on the ass it brought back lots of memories.

I remember when Little Joe used to do that to his Pinto when he was finished riding on the Pondeosa.

Everything old on TV comes back again.

Edited by langford peel
Because it should be acknowledged when you are ridden hard and put away wet.
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

I’m not surprised to see Rylee and Laura getting along. Neither one of them knows the meaning of the word respect.

You can add professionalism or self-control. And not coincidentally, Rhylee finally has an adult professional conversation with Ross after talking with Kate. I also think it's interesting that Laura never disputed that she did leave the towels on the floor after weeks of speculation by viewers that it was production shenanigans.

I'm adding Rhylee and Laura to the crew of the damned.

I don't think we've ever seen anyone who is as bromosexual as Ross is.

• Love 23
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m in. 

Has anyone her actually bought Core water? During the last hurricane I was given some. No different taste. Didn’t notice the “extra” electrolytes. 

I haven’t, but, last week, I was at a Big Lots location that was closing and they had it. It was amongst a pile of other unsold junk, which made me laugh (and take a picture).

9BEEBB1E-612A-4B30-8FF4-646D10117C53.jpeg

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 13

I suddenly find myself wanting a bottle of Core Water! I wonder why that is.

If Ross were treating me the way he treated Rhylee, I’d be PISSED. He doesn’t understand that part of why she’s giving him so much attitude is that he’s being a quintessential douchebro. I’m not excusing her attitude, but it’s like the more obnoxious she gets, the more he doubles down on the bro-ishness. He has zero insight into how he comes across, giving her all the cleaning tasks and then doubting her ability to handle herself. (Kate was great with her, BTW.)

I’m tired of hearing how much the guest is into Adrian... from Adrian. I didn’t realize that unicorns could pat themselves on the back so easily. You’re not all that, dude. My guess is that the husband is 100% aware of the way his wife is.

And finally, Laura. She’s clearly the type of girl who runs around and tells evvvvvvveryone how put upon she is.

Don’t be sore-y not sore-y. CHECKLIST YOURSELF!

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 23

Regarding Laura, isn't she at least the 2nd "chief stew" that has accepted the position of 3rd stew, presumably to get her big chance at being on teevee?  She needs to just stfu, work the list, hit the sack, repeat.

Regarding Rhylee, that she appears to be a capable deckhand is far, far, far overshadowed by her frightening trigger finger.  She has all the earmarks of someone you see on the nightly news, after the murder-suicide.

I agree that the level of disrespect thrown at the 'guests' of Below Deck's charters leads me to believe that they are probably aware that they will be getting an unfavorable edit.  Otherwise, it would seem like we would hear a lot more from them, at least on social media.

mmv

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Regarding Laura, isn't she at least the 2nd "chief stew" that has accepted the position of 3rd stew, presumably to get her big chance at being on teevee?  She needs to just stfu, work the list, hit the sack, repeat.

I don't know if we've ever seen a chief stew work as a 3rd stew. Amy might have been one. I'm speculating just because she was just so good at her job that I assume that she must have been a chief stew on a previous ship. We have seen chief stews take the 2nd stew position and complain, most notably Bugsy from BD: Med.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

I don’t  get Ross.

I'm not impressed by Ross as a bosun. That's probably because I know he hangs out with dickhead/douchebag Chandler and Jwow from BD Med. I absolutely loathe Chandler and Caroline.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I'm probably an evil person, but I lived for Kate walking all slow while Laura was behind her, carrying something. 

Party of two on that one. Kate seems to be playing the Laura stuff pretty well, maybe learning from the evicting-Caroline-with-music moment that there are better and quieter ways to tell someone to fuck off, and to sit back on her heels and let Laura look like a moron during these fights she keeps picking. She's not really engaging, which is the best choice on a bunch of different fronts: it's going to piss Laura off even more, Lee can't really take her to task for it, and she has to know that unless the editors get really creative that she's going to "win" on the show too that way.  

She was reading her phone during that slowest walk of all time, so she had an excuse at the ready should she need it, plus Laura was carrying a half-full case of Core water bottles. Kate made both the sponsors and me positively giddy.

• Love 24

I love the hypocrisy of Laura yelling at Kate and then imploring that there are other ways to talk to people than being a dick about things they did wrong. Laura was completely unprofessional in that moment and Kate handled it brilliantly. I also laughed at her deliberately taking her time on the stairs. She was probably directed to do that so we could stare at all the bottles of Core a little longer. 

• Love 24

If you have nothing nice to say to other posters, say nothing at all.  TM my mom  LOL

eta. It wouldn't let me erase this text box  LOL

Edited by cheewhiz
stupid box wouldn't go away
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

... It's in the category of the non-apology "I'm sorry if anyone feels offended by what I said."

Yes ! it could be a real apology if, after that, "you" (a "generic you, not "you" DLEIGH, lol") add : "... And I never and ever intended to imply that (what x, y or z understood), and I perfectly understand why you're offended by it, because I would have been too ! I'm so sorry ! That was never my intention. What I tried to say was [reformulate your thinking adequately].

And... Problem solved ! :) )(it works for me, anyway, because, yes, you can be perfectly clear in your head, but you're not in the head of the other person :))

• Love 7
8 hours ago, langford peel said:

When Tyler slapped Rhylee on the ass it brought back lots of memories.

I remember when Little Joe used to do that to his Pinto when he was finished riding on the Pondeosa.

Everything old on TV comes back again.

Read this first thing this morning and could not stop laughing. The mixed visual is just too much. Thanks for the morning chuckle. 

4 hours ago, bosawks said:

If I was the manager of Rhylee and she wanted more work I’d be giving her every exhausting job I thought she could handle just to tire her out.

I don’t  get Ross.

Although, I think with Rhylee, she wants to dictate want kind of work she gets.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, langford peel said:

So they were banging on camera?

That’s one way to get people to respect you Rhylee.

They really show a lot of their sexual romps, I wonder what her family thinks of watching her get boned by a guy who just started working with them? 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Probably no different than his family watching him banging a girl he just met?

Very true.  It makes them both look bad.  

But, she's also been half naked or wearing see thru tops to go out thru most of the season,  she's coming off as pretty thirsty. 

• Love 9

Ross frustrated me this episode. After talking to Kate, Rhylee humbled herself and gave him vulnerability and he responded with justifications for why he would continue to keep her cleaning up other than learning and growing as a crew mate.

I think she really tried to communicate her professional goals to him (I'm unsure how well she explained that she seeked professional growth from the clip, but we viewers understood what she was trying to say) but he wasn't interested in changing anything, I'm not sure he "heard" her at all.

I was pretty impressed with how chill Ashton was talking to Laura after their night out, even when he was so incredibly drunk. She was unable to articulate why she was unhappy, denying her feelings. I get that it's stupid to talk to a drunk person but he seemed like he wanted to understand, smooth everything over, and listen. She just couldn't/wouldn't talk to him.

Adrian is happy to share his inappropriate sexual feelings and thoughts for anyone and everyone but when he's the recipient? Now he's walked a bit in the shoes of those around him when he's dishing out the sexual talk. It's not fun, funny, or flattering is it? Check yourself Aidrian!

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Except she isn’t just cleaning. The thing that got her all huffy to start with is that Ross wanted her manning the controls for the winch to get the water toys in. Rhylee seems to think that the only jobs that are worth respect are the ones that require brute strength. She is the one who is putting no value on the jobs she is given not Ross.

I disagree. I think she wants to learn about how to set up the slide (which requires a lot of physical strength) and the anchor and possibly more. When Ross asks if Tyler knew how to work the anchor and Tyler said he'd like to learn, Rhylee realized she'd never been asked that question. I think that's what got her all huffy (which I think is a generous description from you) this time. It took a talk with Kate for her to figure out what she really wanted and how to communicate that to Ross, except I'm still not sure how well she communicated her desire to learn and grow professionally.
I'm hoping that if Ross truly understood that she wanted to walk away from the ship with more than just money in her pocket, with a greater skill set, he would find a way to add to her duties/skills. He would realize he needs to teach her as well as use her for what she can already do.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, lcarolynl said:

I think she wants to learn about how to set up the slide (which requires a lot of physical strength) and the anchor and possibly mor

We haven’t seen her denied any of these things and she hasn’t vocalized any of that. Not to mention this episode when she got pissed off it was in the middle of an incoming storm which is not the time for anyone to be learning anything and is when speed and efficiency are important and why Ross stated he put her in charge of the beach club area  because he couldn’t trust Tyler to know where things go. 

And when you add on the fact that Rhylee doesn’t respect the chain of command and argues/talks back in the middle of tasks she is the one sabotaging herself from getting to do higher level shit that Ross needs to know will be accomplished as he wants them without back talk. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 22