Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Ice Queens

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Michichick said:

Pure curiosity here: you consistently refer to her as Arinia instead of Ariana. I feel like there’s a joke about her name that I’m missing. Can you clue me in on the joke?

I’m asked this all the time, it’s because that’s how my iphone(which is what I normally use when I post on here) spells her name or corrects it and I don’t chose to correct her. It’s not a joke. Except for me being lazy.

• Love 9

Sandoval is a bitter bitch.  If I were to be friends with Jax and Brittany, I totally would have had a conversation with my husband, in my house, away from cameras (and, we actually DID have exactly this conversation), about whether or not we think Jax has actually changed or if he's just proposing A) for a storyline or B) out of grief.  (Conclusion, maybe both, but, hey, let's hope for the best?) But if he were my friend, I'd never, EVER say that to someone, in public, where it could get back to him or especially Brittany.  That's just some bitchassness, and there's no reason to do that except for the fact that your trio is all now going to be hitched and your "lady" wants no part of being committed to you because you can't run the AC and blowdryer at the same time.  

James and his mother.  I have no sympathy for James, even after seeing his mother in this episode.  I mean, I kind of feel for him a tiny bit that he does have her for a mother, because that sucks, but I don't think that means Lisa should bring him back.  I think he's made his bed, several times with Lisa, and now he has to deal with it.  Even if we took Katie and her ultimatum out of the picture, he really should have been fired for what he said about Brittany.  Bringing that shit up was creating a hostile work environment for her, and if it wasn't a reality show/night club kind of atmosphere, his ass would have been gone then.  But he got away with it and he continued on insulting other people, in addition to drinking at SUR, which he had been explicitly forbidden to do on several occasions.  Every time Lisa has addressed stuff with him, he promises "I can change! I can change! I haven't had a drink in days!"  He sounds like Saddam Hussein in the South Park movie, trying to win back Satan.  

I just don't even know where to go with his mother, though.  "He's only 26!" Really?  And telling Lisa that SHE is his mother figure?  I really wanted Lisa to just slap her.  I can understand Lisa not totally giving up on him, especially knowing that no adults around him are going to be able to tell him to get his shit together, but, I think Lisa needs to help him get the hell away from his parents.  It seems like the family is kind of a whole shitstorm and he shouldn't be responsible for paying bills for the adults.  He needs to get his shit together and they can fend for themselves.  If they can't? Well, too fucking bad, he's ONLY 26, after all!

• Love 15
On 1/7/2019 at 7:49 PM, dosodog said:

Less Raquel, more Peter! 

I just can't muster any interest in the Pooh Hater.  I don't care.  I believe James cheats on you and you only went to the Winter Birthday for camera time.

Sandavol took me back to the "Crown of Gold" moment in Game of Thrones with his head piece.  Schwartz looked like he smelled.  

Mom's should not discuss....packages.....with boy/girlfriends. No.  Dont!

I don't get invited to parties where people wear lingerie. 

Schaena. Sooooo jealous of Stariana.

I love all of these random thoughts!

What does Scheana want Adam for?  Just to have sex?  There is nothing wrong with being a bar back but Scheana is such a gold digger/social climber I don't see her being satisfied long term with him.  She looked so desperate. 

Never, ever, ever can I imagine ever telling another woman that she needs to be my son's mother figure. NEVER.  This lady has issues.  I think I forgot to mention this during the episode where James had lunch with his family but all of the siblings are incredibly awkward and strange looking and don't even look like each other???  That being said James reminds me of me.  My mom was an alcoholic and I was so maladjusted in my early 20's.  I copied a lot of her bad behaviors and drank plenty myself. I still got in trouble if I did something wrong though.  Anyways, the old lady is still an alcoholic and won't give up the sauce, we are estranged and I have a great and mature life now fully capable of making adult decisions so there is hope for James.  Except I waste time watching Bravo.  

Edited by IDreamofJoaquin
  • Love 16

It's funny how these basic bitches are jumping on 'female empowerment' like it's the hottest thing since pumpkin spice lattes.  There's a lot more to it than pussy-power (from a woman who uses hers to snag herself a sugar-daddy) and sexually harassing men like Sheana and Stassi's mom did.  God those scenes gave me secondhand embarrassment.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

What does Scheana want Adam for?  Just to have sex? 

He must have put that day bed together pretty quickly if she still wants to sleep with him.

She's got extremely high furniture assembly standards.

• Love 24
7 hours ago, smores said:

Sandoval is a bitter bitch.  If I were to be friends with Jax and Brittany, I totally would have had a conversation with my husband, in my house, away from cameras (and, we actually DID have exactly this conversation), about whether or not we think Jax has actually changed or if he's just proposing A) for a storyline or B) out of grief.  (Conclusion, maybe both, but, hey, let's hope for the best?) But if he were my friend, I'd never, EVER say that to someone, in public, where it could get back to him or especially Brittany.  That's just some bitchassness, and there's no reason to do that except for the fact that your trio is all now going to be hitched and your "lady" wants no part of being committed to you because you can't run the AC and blowdryer at the same time.  

James and his mother.  I have no sympathy for James, even after seeing his mother in this episode.  I mean, I kind of feel for him a tiny bit that he does have her for a mother, because that sucks, but I don't think that means Lisa should bring him back.  I think he's made his bed, several times with Lisa, and now he has to deal with it.  Even if we took Katie and her ultimatum out of the picture, he really should have been fired for what he said about Brittany.  Bringing that shit up was creating a hostile work environment for her, and if it wasn't a reality show/night club kind of atmosphere, his ass would have been gone then.  But he got away with it and he continued on insulting other people, in addition to drinking at SUR, which he had been explicitly forbidden to do on several occasions.  Every time Lisa has addressed stuff with him, he promises "I can change! I can change! I haven't had a drink in days!"  He sounds like Saddam Hussein in the South Park movie, trying to win back Satan.  

I just don't even know where to go with his mother, though.  "He's only 26!" Really?  And telling Lisa that SHE is his mother figure?  I really wanted Lisa to just slap her.  I can understand Lisa not totally giving up on him, especially knowing that no adults around him are going to be able to tell him to get his shit together, but, I think Lisa needs to help him get the hell away from his parents.  It seems like the family is kind of a whole shitstorm and he shouldn't be responsible for paying bills for the adults.  He needs to get his shit together and they can fend for themselves.  If they can't? Well, too fucking bad, he's ONLY 26, after all!

Ken, while holding a tiny dog in the crook of his arm, should have knocked the spark out of James way back when.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Thank you! It's been about 30 years since I read that book. I truly did not remember that part. I guess I'm just over Kristen trying to sound funny. 

To me, it is the quintessential true-crime book.  The first TV movie based on it was very well done as well.  

• Love 2
21 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think she sounds like Scheana talking about Rob. Scheana was different for a few reasons. One, she had JUST left Shay. Her HUSBAND. She seemed to have moved on way too fast and it was a bit tacky how she was lauding her current beau by constantly comparing him to her ex. Also, Rob seemed indifferent, at best, to Scheana. Beau clearly adores Stassi. She had such a crappy run; it's nice seeing her with someone who treats her as an equal. I follow them both on IG, and he's not really a pushover or anything. I think he's just a very chill, easy-going dude. But they have a ton of fun together, snipe at each other, and support each other. It's pretty refreshing, actually. 

Stassi said it herself in her TH. I thought it was funny and I tend to agree. I listen to her podcast so I get a double dose of the gushing. 

• Love 4

Lisa nursing that wounded bird...*swoon*. Queen of Bravo, forever and always.

Brittany did look so pretty at the spa. Jax should count his blessings every day that such an appealing woman inside and out loves his raggedy ass so much.

@Carolina Girl

How many times did Stassi text Beau? (74).  

74 texts in 15 minutes? Good fucking grief. And Beau hasn't run yet?

Edited by jaync
  • Love 11
23 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Stassi's mother was completely inappropriate with Beau. Can you IMAGINE if it had been a mad speaking with a woman that way. To me it is no different and should not be tolerated.

I agree, but women are allowed to say inappropriate things to men on this show.  Especially women in positions of power; ex: employers are allowed to tell their employees (waitstaff) to give other employees lapdances. 

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, jaync said:

Lisa nursing that wounded bird...*swoon*. Queen of Bravo, forever and always.

Brittany did look so pretty at the spa. Jax should count his blessings every day that such an appealing woman inside and out loves his raggedy ass so much.

74 texts in 15 minutes? Good fucking grief. And Beau hasn't run yet?

Yesss! I completely forgot about this. Loved that part.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I also think Arinia has no plans to marry because her parents had a messy relationship. A couple seasons back when she was talking about having her first birthday since her dads death, she mentioned her parents relationship. It seems like from how she explained it they were on track to get divorced but then her mom got pregnant with her brother and then broke up for good. So I think that sours her on marriage.

Also I don’t see her as ever wanting kids. It doesn’t seem like she wants to be a mom and that’s a perfectly acceptable choice. 

Yea, I think much of Ariana's "too cool" attitude is an act. But I really believe her when she says she doesn't want to get married and have kids. She has had this view for a long time. Seeing many of friends getting engaged/married hasn't changed her mind. I really think that's who she is. And it's perfectly fine. But Tom needs to figure out if he can really give those things up, or if it's time to move on. 

10 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

What does Scheana want Adam for?  Just to have sex?  There is nothing wrong with being a bar back but Scheana is such a gold digger/social climber I don't see her being satisfied long term with him.  She looked so desperate. 

I thought about that as well. He can't really offer her much. But I think Scheana is the type of girl who needs constant validation from a man. So I think she'll settle for some lowly bartender while waiting to get a rich man like Lala's. *snort*

• Love 15

I was living for the scene of Adam spending well over 7 minutes to put that daybed together while Scheana was DESPERATELY—and ineffectually—throwing her attempted Lala pussy powers at him:

“I’m going to take a shower? Want to join me?” 

“Uh, no thank you.”

”I’ll just leave the door open in case you change your mind.”

*Adam focuses extra hard on the hex screws*

”A soda’s all I need, please.”

”Oh, I can think of another way to repay you.”

*Adam contemplating his life choices about what he’s willing to do for screetime. No, not that—anything but that.*

*Scheana cools her vagina down with the open refrigerator*

Oh, now I see what happened to poor Rob. He was stupid enough to sleep with Scheana to get on TV! Adam learned from watching and knows better. It takes a lot more than mail-order furniture to make it, my man—a LOT more. Rob didn’t make it on TV for 7-minute TV hanging alone.

I was also cracking up over the assortment of winter-themed costumes at this party: A druggie elf on a bender (Schwartz)? An injured hiker left to die on a snowy trail (Lala)? Courtney Love possibly (Billie)? An ugly sweater party look to the extreme (Beau)? But of course Sandoval had to one-up them all with a custom metal headdress and fur coat worn off the shoulders! 

If Ariana would ever agree to get married, Sandoval would be the biggest bridezilla ever. I mean, he would probably need to wait until the invention of a new type of fabric for his ensemble or something anyway so he could be the first ever to have fill-in-the-blank at his wedding.

That being said, I do feel badly that Sandoval is settling with someone who obviously doesn’t have the same goals in life as he does because as ridiculous as this man can be, I do think he would be a really good husband and father. But Ariana seems SO DIFFERENT this season!! I’ve never seen her so happy and silly and fun-loving as she’s been acting with Stassi. It almost makes me wonder whether she had been dealing with some long-term depression that she’s finally managing.

• Love 18
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:19 PM, nexxie said:

Did Tom refer to Jax as a recovering sociopath or a recovering psychopath - either way, yikes!

A few years ago, didn't Stassi have Jax answer a questionnaire on her podcast that labeled him a possible sociopath?  I think I recall that being a joke at the time, but I could totally be remembering wrong.

• Love 6

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a recovering sociopath.  Sociopaths remain sociopaths.  Yes, I've studied psychiatry and unfortunately was around many psychopaths and sociopaths, so I can tell.  There's no treatment.  No amount of therapy will help, in fact, it will make them better sociopaths because they'll get to learn what 'normal behaviour' is, and copy it to shit on others.  Too bad he'll never be off the show because Lisa loves the drama he brings.  It would be good if he genuinely disrespected her in public in front of others because that's probably the only way he would be fired.  She will never care unless it concerns her or Pandora.  Not so much Ken or Max.  She certainly doesn't give a shit about ANY of her staff.

On 1/8/2019 at 2:37 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

I will never feel bad for James. Okay his home situation was bad, that doesn’t give anyone cause and excuse to be rude to people. Especially when it’s clear you have a problem (for him, drinking) that causes him to react badly and act out and he chooses to keep doing it. And yeah he says he’s better because he didn’t drink for a week but maybe get in a program and then he can talk. Until then.. I can’t feel bad. He knows what he should do but he makes an excuse not to.

You can't keep using the "I come from a shitty family" as adults.  I'm for just punishments.  If your parents gave you shit, give it back to them.  NOT people who have nothing to do with your family.  Tell them what assholes they are and tell them something which will genuinely hurt them.  But stop taking it out on others.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:18 PM, HunterHunted said:

Jax is the same fuckwit who has begged Lisa for X number of chances, but still never become a quarter decent employee. I don't have a pinch of sympathy for him on anything having to do with an area slightly within his control. His dad dying? He has no control over that. Deciding that he needed to propose to Brittany based on her support during his grieving and getting angry when people question his motives? Naw! That shit is solidly under his control.

Also Lala is messy TRASH! She needs some sort of ass massage and steaming because she has to sit to pee and MyMan rails her from behind. You truly are a role model Susan B. Cum Fuk Me.

Hahahahaha!!!  Thank you for your post!  I laughed so hard!

Edited by SarahPrtr
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, greyflannel said:

A few years ago, didn't Stassi have Jax answer a questionnaire on her podcast that labeled him a possible sociopath?  I think I recall that being a joke at the time, but I could totally be remembering wrong.

Yep, I think you are remembering correctly.

• Love 3
On 1/9/2019 at 5:34 AM, Drogo said:

Bad friends tell their friend something stressful right after a relaxing ass facial.

Like eating and offering a giant, rich, chocolate mud cake and fried chicken with cheese on top to someone who just came from Soul Cycle.

On 1/9/2019 at 5:54 AM, WhosThatGirl said:

I mean.. I really do think FI is mad that he will probably more than likely never marry Arinia, she has said many times in different seasons, marriage isn’t her thing. When Schena got engaged to shag, she said something like “this isn’t what I dream of but Schena and I are different.

A lot of the times when people come out of a long-term relationship without being married, they end up marrying the next person who comes along, and very quickly.  Nothing wrong with that, if you're compatible, but Tom's not really giving himself the chance to seek someone else.  How could you keep thinking that she's the right person for you, if you can't agree on the two of the most important things like marriage and children???  He keeps thinking and hoping that she'll change her mind.  I mean, there's George Clooney, who swore up and down that he will never EVER marry again, and he's married with two kids.  But stop hoping for something like that to happen.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:44 AM, ghoulina said:

Yup. To which I replied, "But you are stupid in the foot."

No joke, I said "What, is she stupid in her KNEES??" haha.  Location matters, people!

On 1/9/2019 at 6:52 AM, ghoulina said:

I don't think she sounds like Scheana talking about Rob. Scheana was different for a few reasons. One, she had JUST left Shay. Her HUSBAND. She seemed to have moved on way too fast and it was a bit tacky how she was lauding her current beau by constantly comparing him to her ex.

Yeah, that really pissed me off.  I remember a few years ago, Olivia Wilde said something like that about her ex-husband.  She had just started a new relationship and was saying that during her marriage, she felt like her vagina died.  I love all kinds of dirty sex talk, but saying that in public is so shitty.  You're comparing your 8-year marriage to a few-month-old relationship.  People get super lusty and horny and have lots of sex at the beginning.  It could have been with anyone.

Edited by SarahPrtr
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, JenE4 said:

That being said, I do feel badly that Sandoval is settling with someone who obviously doesn’t have the same goals in life as he does because as ridiculous as this man can be, I do think he would be a really good husband and father. But Ariana seems SO DIFFERENT this season!! I’ve never seen her so happy and silly and fun-loving as she’s been acting with Stassi. It almost makes me wonder whether she had been dealing with some long-term depression that she’s finally managing.

X???

• Love 1
On 1/9/2019 at 9:24 AM, SFoster21 said:

Ariana says she does not want to marry, but my guess is she has no plans to marry FI. 

On 1/9/2019 at 9:41 AM, Pop Tart said:

Yeah, I could totally see her marrying the very next guy she's with, like six months after whatever date she and FI breakup. She's too cool for it right now, but I just watched the "behind the scenes" of the first year and it's clear that she once thought she was too cool to be on a reality show, until she changed her mind. My prediction is when the show is done (either for her or when it ends), she'll be done with FI and we'll hear that she's engaged within the year after that. 

That's exactly it.  Ariana got a huge ego boost from Tom leaving Kristen for her and thought that he would make a good boyfriend For Now, but she never thought of him as husband material For Her.  It's like in the film 500 Days of Summer where Summer was against labels and marriage, but then she met someone else and married him.

On 1/9/2019 at 11:45 AM, SuzyQILoveYou said:

I've always thought Stassi was hilarious, but I've started to really like her too.

She had my favorite moment this episode, when talking about her asshole ex .  "Patrick, I hope I'm not being too myopic, but I'm really enjoying how non divisive my new relationship is, you fucking dick!" And she looked so pleased with herself, it was cute.  I think I actually clapped! * I'm rewording her quote because I have memory leakage.*

HAHAHAHA!!!!  Memory Leakage!!!  That totally GALVANISED my brain!!!  Man, Patrick was a wanker.

On 1/9/2019 at 12:53 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I now hate Lisa the most.  For reasons stated above, she is worse than James IME.  Go pick on someone who a.) ever did anything even slightly untoward to you; and b.) has something approximating the same socioeconomic status as you, not an employee, even if she's only an employee INO.  It's an abomination.  Meanwhile, Lisa is grabbing at her giant, deflated, drooping tits and exclaiming "they're real!" Yet no one will tell her how vulgar she is.  The emperor has no clothes.

Oh my god, someone who hates Lisa as much as I do!  I've never bought her high-and-mighty act and I never thought she was classy or someone to look up to.  She's also one of the producers of the show and reality show producers are outright evil!  She provokes the staff and intentionally upsets them, but they're too stupid to know that.  Lisa does that shit I hate, where she asks them questions and as soon as they start talking, she blocks them and tells them to stop.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:13 PM, The Mighty Peanut said:

I really hate to have such a hopeless opinion on someone, but I feel James has shown how manipulating he is, and how he can feign earnest remorse when it suits him, and this is one of those times. Every time he's denied cheating even as he is shown a selfie of himself in bed with another woman. The last time he cried and begged for his job back, claimed he eats ice cream when be wants a drink, etc. I want to believe him, and see something good. But look how he's wrapped his mom around his finger, how she excuses him. Right now I think he's playing a long game, putting on a show so Lisa can See How He Has Changed.

I just feel he's one of those people who needs a truly Earth shattering event to change. I don't wish that on him, though.

That's what I was thinking.  Unless he's about to lose absolutely everything in his life or is forced to by law or a judge or something, he's never going to change his ways.  Currently, he has nothing to lose by being a total dick.

On 1/9/2019 at 11:51 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

According to the second hour, there’s some singer in the UK named James Kennedy who is accidentally receiving hate mail intended for this misogynist. 

I think there was another person in the UK by the name of Spencer Pratt who also got shit because of The Hills.

• Love 6

I didn't think it was sufficient to uninvite James to the party.  A far worse punishment would have been that he was invited to the party on the condition that someone is going to Breathalyze and drug test him for six hours prior to, during and after the party.  I don't know how realistic that would be, but I think it would be hell for James "I'm never going to have another drink again as long as I live" Kennedy.

I also think it would be amazing if Lisa gave him his job back on the same conditions--round the clock drug and alcohol testing to the extent that he cannot even wake up at 5 am and chug a few beers and sober up before work. I had a friend who was trying to get admitted to the Florida Bar, and she apparently had some shade in her past, and they did something akin to that in order for her to gain conditional bar acceptance.  So I know it's possible.  And I'm sure Lisa has the means to get it done.  

I just think James has no idea how hard it is to be sober--no hard drugs, no cocktails, no beer, no puff from the hookah, no controlled substances (prescribed or not), no sniffing glue, no dropping Molly at Coachella--nothing.  Hell, just to be a bitch, I'd take away his smokes and his coffee.  Then I think he could prove how committed he is to his job.  He will have to actually know what it means when he promises that he'll never drink again.  He might realize he really has a problem and get professional help, he might become even more of an asshole than he is, but--and I'm probably going to hell for this--hopefully he'd just eat ice cream (isn't that his go-to when he's not drinking?) and get really fat.  If there is a more embarrassing, ironic, satisfying, deserving scenario than a 370 lb James hauling his equipment into C U Next Tuesday for everyone to see and comment on, then I haven't imagined it yet.  

• Love 7
7 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Oh my god, someone who hates Lisa as much as I do!  I've never bought her high-and-mighty act and I never thought she was classy or someone to look up to.  She's also one of the producers of the show and reality show producers are outright evil!  She provokes the staff and intentionally upsets them, but they're too stupid to know that.  Lisa does that shit I hate, where she asks them questions and as soon as they start talking, she blocks them and tells them to stop.

Me too!  I watch RHBH but I never even watched this show because I knew she'd be sitting around acting like the middle school teachers I worked with who enjoyed getting in a gossip with 8th graders and then coming to the teacher's lounge to clutch their pearls over who got their boob touched or tried a beer, and I hated those teachers.  But last year I was on an international flight and VDP Rules was an option on our plane TVs - so now here I am :D. She's the asshole I thought she'd be, but I am amused that they are not too stupid to throw some shade her way, which I think she is too conceited to get.

• Love 3

Yeah I don’t watch real housewives (I’ve seen a like two episodes of ny because family members watched it) but I don’t like Lisa on this show. I especially hate her at the reunions. Her inputs are off putting there and she shows favoritism in a bad way. Plus the way she was talking on wwhl, all her answers were so premeditated. Like the “gotta have Faith” and “gotta have hope” in regards to Jax and James And brittany And Raquel. She’s annoying and not as classy as everyone thinks.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah I don’t watch real housewives (I’ve seen a like two episodes of ny because family members watched it) but I don’t like Lisa on this show. I especially hate her at the reunions. Her inputs are off putting there and she shows favoritism in a bad way. Plus the way she was talking on wwhl, all her answers were so premeditated. Like the “gotta have Faith” and “gotta have hope” in regards to Jax and James And brittany And Raquel. She’s annoying and not as classy as everyone thinks.

She loves trying to be queen bee on RH but is very "can dish it out but can't take it."  On this show she doesn't really have to take it and the smug shows.

• Love 8

Yea Lisa is the worst at reunions. It throws the whole vibe off. Actually her just showing up on the show is annoying. I know it’s named after her but I just don’t care to ever see her in scenes. She loves showing up on VPR tho because these ppl kind of still have to kiss her ass. It’s kind of gross.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, princelina said:

She loves trying to be queen bee on RH but is very "can dish it out but can't take it."  On this show she doesn't really have to take it and the smug shows.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who noticed there are completely different sides to Lisa on this show as compared to RHBH.  I am actually usually rooting for her on BH, but I cannot stand her in this environment, when, if anything, you'd think she would be more palatable on her own show, where she has home team advantage.

She's just so condescending, she interrupts people, she makes jokes at their expense, everyone is expected to worship at her altar, and she thinks she's indispensable.  She actually said that this episode, and I said, "maybe in season one you were."  Now I wish she would be off the show completely.  She ruined this episode.  We could have had almost an entire episode about the party, which is where cool shit was happening, but no, we had to watch Lisa talk to James's mother, Lisa talk to James, Lisa talk about Tom Tom, Lisa talk about animals, a million Lisa talking heads...who cares.

The only non-party scene that I enjoyed was Scheana and Adaaaaaaaaam, because I am a glutton for (other people's) punishment.  

• Love 4
21 hours ago, iloveit said:

Brittany looked really pretty when she was getting ready for the party, hair done but no make up on.  

I agree. Many of them look really pretty with no makeup. Even Scheana. 

And often, the heavy makeup adds ten+ years.

• Love 6

Kristin needs to get a life.  I finally got around to watching this episode today, and she is pathetic.  Was Carter even at the party?  I don’t know how he puts up with her.  Her obsession with taking down James screams not over him.  Y’all remember when she dressed up to go get her mail from FI Tom, right???  Girl ain’t right and she needs to stop.   

All these Bizzles need to look in a mirror before coming at Raquel.  Not one of them has ever been in a healthy or fulfilling relationship.  So just STOP. 

I think the show made more sense when they didn’t try to be taken seriously.  

• Love 4
On 1/11/2019 at 3:32 PM, princelina said:

Me too!  I watch RHBH but I never even watched this show because I knew she'd be sitting around acting like the middle school teachers I worked with who enjoyed getting in a gossip with 8th graders and then coming to the teacher's lounge to clutch their pearls over who got their boob touched or tried a beer, and I hated those teachers.  But last year I was on an international flight and VDP Rules was an option on our plane TVs - so now here I am :D. She's the asshole I thought she'd be, but I am amused that they are not too stupid to throw some shade her way, which I think she is too conceited to get.

In the very first episode of RH, Lisa said "Money doesn't give you class, it just gives you more money" - bitch, you've just described yourself.  She thinks she is soooo KLAAH-ssy, but she's really not.  And I cringe every time I hear her dreadful French.  Again, she thinks she thinks that being able to speak French puts her above these people, but it doesn't.  The only difference is that yes, she does have a LOT of money, so unfortunately, that gives her a lot of power.  Lisa is a real shit stirrer.  She and Ken are a really creepy couple.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SarahPrtr said:

In the very first episode of RH, Lisa said "Money doesn't give you class, it just gives you more money" - bitch, you've just described yourself.  She thinks she is soooo KLAAH-ssy, but she's really not.  And I cringe every time I hear her dreadful French.  Again, she thinks she thinks that being able to speak French puts her above these people, but it doesn't.  The only difference is that yes, she does have a LOT of money, so unfortunately, that gives her a lot of power.  Lisa is a real shit stirrer.  She and Ken are a really creepy couple.

True. Lisa’s money has allowed her to assemble a very expensive mask that works for enough people to keep her social status high. It’s interesting to watch her take up causes that make people think she has lots of empathy and also provide a steady stream of attention - many choose church activities for the same reasons. 

• Love 7
On 1/10/2019 at 9:34 PM, angelamh66 said:

Lisa bugs me too. The scene with her beatifically caring for the damn wounded bird... ugh. So manufactured. 

So, who "wounded" the wild bird just so eeevil Lisa could "manufacture" that scene?

• Love 13
7 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

So true!  IMO the masks slips almost every time she makes one of her bawdy remarks - she gets @1 out of 20 right, and the rest just make her sound like a foul-mouthed teenaged boy, rather than the master of the double entendre that she fancies herself.  I've been checking out episodes from past seasons, and the number of references to Jax's "nuts" and "balls" are staggering.

• Love 3

Random thoughts. 

James's mother is a mess, but her referring to Lisa as his "mother figure" (not "mother") didn't bother me, if only because that is exactly the role that Lisa herself has taken up. She actually calls herself that in Season 2 when she's mediating a conflict between Stassi/Kristen/Katie/Lauraleigh. Lisa's problem is that she wants to be a mother figure when she wants to be all in their business, but then a boss when dealing with them gets too complicated/boring. 

There are lots of women who don't want marriage or kids, but Ariana strikes me as someone whose politics are more for show (hence her repulsion toward Stassi, someone she found to be transphobic and ensconced in white privilege last season, followed by this season's bff status). I fully believe that she's just not that into Tom, and won't be surprised when she gets married to and pregnant by the next dude. And she will totally be that hipster "too cool for school" mom, too: "I don't dress little Bowie in baby clothes - only all black skinny jeans." 

Lala is insufferable. 

Katie is gorgeous. 

Lisa isn't a veterinarian. Sorry to hear that the poor little bird eventually died. 

The guys' friendships are so toxic: they're constantly undermining and ratting each other out. Also, Tom Sandoval is a type that I despise: pays lip service to all of the right things but is deeply petty and nasty. 

• Love 8
On 1/12/2019 at 10:34 PM, geauxaway said:

All these Bizzles need to look in a mirror before coming at Raquel.  Not one of them has ever been in a healthy or fulfilling relationship.  So just STOP. 

I just wish they'd approach it differently. Stassi, more than anyone, could probably relate. But don't talk down to the girl, like she's just the biggest idiot for doing the things you once did. Try to be compassionate and encouraging. Build her up, then maybe she'll have the confidence to get out. 

32 minutes ago, Portae said:

There are lots of women who don't want marriage or kids, but Ariana strikes me as someone whose politics are more for show (hence her repulsion toward Stassi, someone she found to be transphobic and ensconced in white privilege last season, followed by this season's bff status). I fully believe that she's just not that into Tom, and won't be surprised when she gets married to and pregnant by the next dude. And she will totally be that hipster "too cool for school" mom, too: "I don't dress little Bowie in baby clothes - only all black skinny jeans." 

I really hope you're wrong. Mostly because Ariana as a mom (like you describe) might be the nail in the coffin for me with her. 

• Love 3
On 1/9/2019 at 1:15 PM, teapot said:

show of hands?  how many of us are glad that texting wasn't really a thing until we were over 35?

Yes!!  I remember when some of my friends were super weird and would be like, don't text me, I have to pay for it.  I'd be like, we all have stable jobs and we've been out of college for 8 years, you can't manage a 5 cent text for the sheer novelty of a new way to communicate?  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Yes!!  I remember when some of my friends were super weird and would be like, don't text me, I have to pay for it.  I'd be like, we all have stable jobs and we've been out of college for 8 years, you can't manage a 5 cent text for the sheer novelty of a new way to communicate?  

Ha. I was a teenager when texting was becoming a thing and I could only text like a few days a week, I’m super glad texting is a thing. I prefer it to talking a lot of the time. I’m not a great phone person. I never have been.

• Love 6

Aging myself greatly when I say Stassi will learn eventually-drinking and testing do not go together well.  Took me a hot minute to learn to just put the phone down.  

On another note,  so fucking what if it's HER BIRTHDAY!  I can just see her as me 26 years ago, in labor with my daughter, screaming about not having the kid that day because it is HER FUCKING BIRTHDAY.  Haha!  I do like her more and more as the seasons go on, but she tried my patience last night.   But after a nice long look at her whacko mother, it all makes sense.

• Love 2