Type keyword(s) to search

Baby Daddy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I forgot all about Roger the assistant. He used to be on Telenovela. 

all the way back to high school when she was fat. 

If Riley had a life-long weight problem, and she's eating everything in sight now, she should be a LOT heavier than she is. 

I was just saying last week I missed Sandra and here she is again. But a little of her goes a long way. I'm not sure I really buy Tucker being that into her. If we're heading for a series finale this season, Danny and Riley will be all wrapped up with their marriage and baby and I imagine Ben will finally find Elle. Is Sandra supposed to be end-game for Tucker?

It felt like the show gave more weight to Riley and Bonnie's in this episode than Danny and Riley's last week when they got married.

That ending was a great punchline. I don't get what she sees in him either. I mean, Tucker?! Hee.

19 minutes ago, bijoux said:

It felt like the show gave more weight to Riley and Bonnie's in this episode than Danny and Riley's last week when they got married.

I think they're trying to cram a bunch of plotlines in before the baby's birth episode, which I'm guessing will be the finale. Clearly, they think that this year is it (although they thought that last year and here we are).

I did like them addressing Bonnie's attitude toward Riley. I never thought Bonnie disliked Riley, Bonnie is abrasive, she's like that to her loved ones. I think if she hadn't liked Riley, she wouldn't have acknowledged her at all. But I can see how Riley might not be able to pick up on that. She's insecure that way. It ended very sweetly for them, yet still hilariously.

"You can call me Mom."
"Okay... Mrs. Wheeler..."

And then when Riley tries calling her Mom later, they both are not into it.

• Love 2

I thought their scenes were great. I just wish Danny and Riley got the same treatment in their wedding episode. Speaking of, I'm shocked her mom gave them the fancy stroller after she wasn't invited to the wedding.

4 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

I think they're trying to cram a bunch of plotlines in before the baby's birth episode, which I'm guessing will be the finale. Clearly, they think that this year is it (although they thought that last year and here we are).

How many episodes is this season supposed to have? Their seasons generally have about 20, I think.

Spoiler

I saw the press release for episode 11 (the spring finale) which heavily implied that that's when the baby's born. Is it supposed to be the last episode of the season?

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

How many episodes is this season supposed to have? Their seasons generally have about 20, I think.

I honestly have no idea. 20-ish, usually, but I don't even know if they've had the back half ordered or not. 

The number of episodes for this season is still listed as "TBA" so who knows? There were 20 last season; how many have aired so far since March? Nine? Doesn't seem like that many. 

Rushing the wedding in that way is also a budget issue.  It would cost money to bring back so many actors (the boys' dad, Riley's parents and her sister) along with the extras.

I`m so sad it`s been cancelled. I really liked this show. The actors who play Bonnie, Ben and Danny all posted on fb about the cancellation and thanked the fans. So sad.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AdorkableWitch said:

Seems like there will be another half season. Free form was promoting next week as the Spring finale. 

That episode has been marked as spring finale before the news of the cancellation, so I think the odds are not in favor of Baby Daddy getting renewed retroactively.

This really was a great episode. The plots with the brothers and Riley, Bonnie and Brad were firing on all cylinders. That last formation isn't really something we've seen since Tad, right? This is Riley Perrin, wife of husband Danny Wheeler, killed me dead. Tucker's C-plot was the weakest, but still very good. It peaked at, I bet you wish you'd done a few more squats right about now.

What was Bonnie screeching as everyone was getting out of the apartment?

• Love 1

Well that's a shame, and I'll be sorry to see it go. It is one of the very few comedies on TV that consistently makes me laugh out loud. Damn Zap2It for saying it was renewed (although I guess maybe they meant it had been renewed for 2017 - these summer shows follow a different schedule). I'm guessing the actors were all getting too expensive and FreeForm would rather just try something new.

• Love 1

It was a great episode and I'm sad there's only one left. It was funny and I loved all the different story lines. The cake mix-up and the other couple's reaction was hilarious, heh. I'm going to miss this show so much.

There's a petition going around to try and get Freeform to make 6 more episodes. In two days it's gotten about 10, 000 signatures. I don't know if it'll do any good but I signed it anyway.

• Love 1
On 5/16/2017 at 4:22 AM, bijoux said:

What was Bonnie screeching as everyone was getting out of the apartment?

"Whatever drugs they offer you, take 'em!"

• Love 2

What, they don't even tell us what Riley and Danny name their baby? It's like my annoyance with the Desperate Housewives finale all over again (they ended that show without telling us what Julie named her baby there too).

• Love 2

This didn't feel like a series finale. It felt more like it was planned as a mid-season finale and that they expected to film more episodes. There wasn't enough closure and there wasn't really anything spectacular about the episode.

I will say that Jean-Luc Bilodeau has a nice singing voice and the number was cute in a corny way. 

I wonder if maybe the end was hastily re-written and/or re-filmed? It looked like we were in for yet another case of mistaken identity when Ben told Bonnie to give "Elle" his contact info and Bonnie thought Elle was the other girl. And then Elle turns out to be the delivery doctor. On the other hand based on the Tweets it sounds like this episode was filmed a long time before the cast found out Freeform decided not to do any more episodes.

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

This didn't feel like a series finale. It felt more like it was planned as a mid-season finale and that they expected to film more episodes. There wasn't enough closure and there wasn't really anything spectacular about the episode.

It's a tough call. The ending made it seem like they were expecting/hoping for the rest of the season to get picked up like it normally does but at the same time, they engineered the half-season to fly by way faster than it normally has, which makes me think they thought it was likely to end. What was it, six/seven months time lapse to get Riley to the pregnancy finish line? It took them two seasons and three sets of babies to age Emma that much previously.

• Love 4

Even though the finale was several weeks ago, I do want to say that the last scene of Ben and Emma was really touching, and when Ben choked up, you knew it was Jean-Luc Bilodeau expressing his real-life feelings. 

I'm going to miss this silly little show.

• Love 5

I've been watching this on Freeform (I think?) Thursday and Friday mornings.  I totally ignored it when it was originally airing.  They are currently near the end of Season 4.  I'm glad I went back and read so I could see I am not the only one so over the Ben/Riley/Danny at this point.  I keep thinking "Really?!?  This is still going on?! WHYYYY??????"  but I keep watching.  I did skim ahead and see it gets better, so I'll keep watching.  

• Love 1

Just rewatched first episode and realized that Danny is the first of the 3 men to say Emma’s name, pick her up, and be left alone with her. I assume it’s designed to contrast his personality to Ben’s. It’s a pity we never really saw him as a father, but I guess that would have probably been boring tv!

• Love 2

I wish I watched this show earlier, because it's 2023 and I shouldn't be feeling this way because of a slightly above average show.

This long comment is inspired by hating the character 'Riley Perrin'. 

Ben was just a terribly immature character which made most of his scenes more annoying than funny. I get the persona they were going for but it was overdone. He spent most of the series messing up and apologizing. I mean, we've seen jerks that we still loved (Barney Stinson, Jake Peralta etc). But his scenes with Emma were just so heartwarming and funny you couldn't help but tolerate him. 

Danny was one of the most relatable characters. At some point we've all loved someone who was in love with someone else. His character development was the most evident one. From being dumb to being slightly less dumb but with a kid. 😂

Tucker had great chemistry with all the other characters. But my favorite is the one with Bonnie, it was so wholesome to watch their duo everytime. I know if Bonnie was his real Mom, she'd have liked him more than Ben😂

RILEY PERRIN IS A B*TCH!!!  I literally typed "we hate Riley Perrin" and this page popped up. I loved Riley at the beginning of the show, she was my second favorite character and I really wanted her to end up with whoever she wanted, but over time her character became so selfish and unlikable. Also, what's with those terrible haircuts? Everybody remembers her irrational and selfish behavior with Danny but not the emotional rollercoaster she put Ben through when they were dating. Although, she totally blew the whole Danny and Sam fiasco out of proportion, it should have ended at that fake court but when she saw she was losing the argument, she decided to be a bitch and escalate it instead even though he still apologized after he won. She wouldn't have gotten that mad if it was Ben. I think it was a poor imitation of the 'Ross and Rachel, we were on a break' drama. Did I mention those horrible haircuts? She didn't deserve him. I still like season 1 Riley though. Also everyone gets more likeable when they're with Emma.