Type keyword(s) to search

Baby Daddy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm cackling at how no one is here for Riley and Ben. But the stupid writers are determined to go there. Yawn, hopefully Galavant doesn't get to Georgia and they make the character more likeable because I do think the actress is hilarious.

OMW at Tuckers Black man comment. lmao

• Love 1

I'm here for Tucker. He's why I started watching the show. I actually like Ben, so I'm fine with him and Riley. I wonder if they're pulling back from Danny/Riley since Derek and Chelsea broke up.

Melissa Peterman is consistently excellent, and at this point, I've just given up on Riley so I'm fine with Ben/Riley.

And I agree that even though I don't like Ben normally, I liked him in the Christmas episode.

Damn Brad is extra pretty and his Superman hair is everything. I too am rooting for Danny and Brad now. lol

Tucker and Bonnie continues to be the best thing about the show.

Riley is a crazy person but I think it might be because she's still insecure about being fat in high school where the only person who noticed her was Danny. But man she sucked on that pacifier like crazy.

Ben still sucks but at least Emma makes him tolerable with her cuteness and the actor has gotten cuter with the scruff.

• Love 1

Maybe there was some editing to make it look like Derek Theler was there at the same time as the other regulars?

I don't think Derek Theler went anywhere so there wouldn't have been any reason for creative editing. I don't think there was ever any plan for him to go anywhere either. He's just hiding out from his family because he doesn't want to admit his French girlfriend dumped him. He was obviously in the same scene with the rest of the cast when they kept running in and out of Brad's apartment, and at the end where he was in the theater with Riley and Ben.

Now that Riley's seen him he'll probably move back home (and now that the "psychic" has convinced Bonnie to get her own apartment back). Unfortunately, it also means more Riley/Danny/Ben angst.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 1
Unfortunately, it also means more Riley/Danny/Ben angst.

Unfortunate ain't a strong enough word. The only triangle I've ever hated more is Stefan/Elena/Damon (and by the time I quit that show I was rooting for Delena to die a horrible, painful death.).

Pick one pairing and stick with it show!

Do most television viewers actually like love triangles? I've never talked to anyone online or in real life that enjoyed them, with the possible exception of Jax/Brenda/Sonny (the original go round) on General Hospital. I guess there must be a market for it because it's such a huge TV trope.

• Love 1

Ben is a horrible friends, period. I sometimes wonder if the writers know what damage they do to Ben's character - he's the male lead on this show, he isn't supposed to be so unlikable. First getting bent out of shape with Riley over the mugger then about lying about Danny. What exactly is it about him she's supposed to be attracted to?

This episode didn't do much for me, although it's always a hoot to see Mary Hart doing a parody of herself.  

• Love 1

OMW this episode was beyond hilarious. The way Danny ran after he clocked the mugger is hilarious. The way Riley shoved him so Ben couldn't see him also killed me.

Any time Mary Hart is on you know the episode is going to be hilarious. I continue to hate how they write Ben and wonder what Riley still sees in him. He was inconsiderate towards Tucker. Ben is such a loser. The only thing he has that's good for him is the people he surrounds himself. Also did the show forget that Riley use to beat up Ben when they were younger? She's an athlete. Of course Danny would've been proud of her but dummy Ben being the misogynistic asshole is who we're suppose to root for.

Bonnie using her grand daughter to make money is no surprise. She's a hoot.

Edited by mjgchick

This episode didn't do much for me, although it's always a hoot to see Mary Hart doing a parody of herself.

"I'm going to say something that I've never said to anyone who isn't a celebrity: hello."

Mary Hart cracks me up.

• Love 1

I'm new to the forum, my first post. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this with a particular episode or just as a general comment. This show is very funny. I love the actors, especially Melissa Peterman as Bonnie, and Taj Mowry as Tucker. My complaint about the show, Baby Emma seems to be aging in reverse! What's the deal with this? Does anyone know?

I don't think that the seasons correspond to chronological time. I think Emma just turned one last season, and that was season 3. So they have to keep switching the babies out, otherwise they'd have a three year old playing a one year old. As for THIS Emma, the twins playing her do seem smaller than the previous ones, but I don't think they're younger. They're doing stuff like responding vocally (and appropriately) to situations, sticking out their tongue and blowing kisses when asked, etc.

• Love 2

Kudos to the actor who plays Ben.  That scene on the fire escape with Riley at the end of the show last night was very intense.  He conveyed anger, frustration, heartbreak and betrayal all in about 60 seconds.  It actually had me in tears.  You don't expect that level of acting in a sitcom.  

• Love 2

Ben is a jerk to Riley  all. of. the. time.  Really not worried about his wittle feelings being hurt.

someone forgot to get Danny to take his shirt off this week.

Right! He's acting on a soap and he doesn't take his shirt of?! Sacrilegious.

• Love 1

Also did the show forget that Riley use to beat up Ben when they were younger? She's an athlete.

The joke isn't that she was an "athlete," but rather that she was fat. They even did a flashback where they were teens working in an ice cream parlor and she had a fat suit on.

I'm confused.  I thought Bonnie's apartment was across the hall from the boys, not in the building across street.  Isn't Riley's apartment across the street.  Granted,  I don't always pay attention when I'm watching this show, so I could be very wrong.

It's so cute how responsive the baby is in every scene.

Can Tucker and Bonnie get their own show?

• Love 2

I think Riley's apartment is "downtown" somewhere. For some reason I've always thought that meant lower Manhattan, since I believe Tucker's apartment is in the Village, isn't it?

I hate to say it, but since they've let Ben "scruff" it up, he's kind of hot these days.

Edited by SmithW6079

So are Ben and Riley officially "over"? Can we put that out in the trash, finally? I thought Riley's speech was pretty good about how she had "loved" him for so long, she willed him to love her, but now I think there's no chance Danny still loves her. That makes me sad, because that was one of the aspects of the show I really liked -- that the school jock loved the fat girl when she was fat.

Bonnie mocking Riley, then pointing to Emma when she smiled was cute. I wish they'd give Bonnie something more to do than just horny MILF.

I work with veterans, so Ben and Tucker dressing up as sailors was too much like "stolen valor" for me to find it funny. Also, if the woman was an officer, there's no way she would invite an enlisted man back to the ship. That's fraternizing, and it's a violation of the UCMJ. 

• Love 5

So are Ben and Riley officially "over"? Can we put that out in the trash, finally? I thought Riley's speech was pretty good about how she had "loved" him for so long, she willed him to love her, but now I think there's no chance Danny still loves her. That makes me sad, because that was one of the aspects of the show I really liked -- that the school jock loved the fat girl when she was fat.

Bonnie mocking Riley, then pointing to Emma when she smiled was cute. I wish they'd give Bonnie something more to do than just horny MILF.

I work with veterans, so Ben and Tucker dressing up as sailors was too much like "stolen valor" for me to find it funny. Also, if the woman was an officer, there's no way she would invite an enlisted man back to the ship. That's fraternizing, and it's a violation of the UCMJ. 

I really hope the Ben thing is over. I'm guessing that the girl from Revenge is just a guest star and won't be around long, but whether that means Danny and riley will finally get together remains to be seen. I hope so though, I like that pairing for the same reason you stated. 

As for the officer, she knew he wasn't a sailor, and even though she cited "the back" as evidence of that knowledge, I think she knew before that. 

I was looking through Jean-Luc's Instagram and I'm pretty sure that he's dating Chelsea Kane now. Which made me laugh. Life imitating art and all that jazz.

I honestly think they are more bffs than dating. When she was with Derek they were much more secretive about it.

Jean-Luc and Chelsea very well may be BFFs, but I don't think Derek and Chelsea's relationship was secretive. At least from Derek's Instagram (he's the only one I follow). She was all over it until she wasn't.

The problem with Ben and Riley breaking up is now there's this really weird dynamic where she's still hanging around in their apartment like they're just old friends and nothing ever happened. The situation should be way uncomfortable now between Ben, Riley and Danny. I can't believe Ben isn't the kind of guy who would have told Danny the reason he and Riley broke up is because he's sure Riley has feelings for him. 

Yeah, it was fun seeing Brad again, but the show is kind of struggling right now. I can't think of a single reason why Riley would still be hanging around at the guys' place like nothing has happened. 

Why in the world is Danny having to compete with his brother for any girl, ever, in any way?  Guess that's why they call it scripted TV. Tucker is hilarious and I always love Brad, he was a little extra yelly this epi but still fun.

I can't think of a single reason why Riley would still be hanging around at the guys' place like nothing has happened.

Because in Sitcomlandia, couples that form in circles of friends break up all the time with never any lingering ill effects on the group as a whole, and they continue to hang out with each other as if nothing ever happened.

Why in the world is Danny having to compete with his brother for any girl, ever, in any way?

I think Danny is hot, but so is Ben (especially since he's scruffed up these days), and not every person has the same type. I could see that some girls would go for Ben, or Tucker, or even the dad, over Danny.

• Love 1

Gah, they're just determined to keep this wretched triangle going on forever, aren't they? I have a hard time believing that Danny would reject RIley just because he found out she knew he had feelings for her all along. He's been pining for her since they were kids. And how little self respect does Robyn have that she'd take Danny back after he basically dumped her for Riley? I have a hard time believing someone who looks like Christa B. Allen would have to settle for being someone's second choice. (Even if someone who looks like Derek Theler is pretty hard to resist.)

So, they're doing summer episodes too? I wonder when those start.

Gah, they're just determined to keep this wretched triangle going on forever, aren't they? I have a hard time believing that Danny would reject RIley just because he found out she knew he had feelings for her all along. He's been pining for her since they were kids.

I know. That disappointed me too. We've had several seasons of this, and it looked like the creators finally agreed Danny and Riley were the end-game. Maybe it's just that he was hurt, and it will resolve fairly quickly. Of course, telling him at his game was pretty stupid.

With the Tucker story line and "fate," I'm wondering if they're gearing up for a final season to happily match everyone up: Tucker and the new girl, Danny and Riley, Bonnie and Brad, and finally, Ben realizes that the only girl in his life right now is Emma.