Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: A Race of Superhumans and a Letter to Alf

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I noticed Missy starts her commas from the bottom. For some reason I love this little detail about her. I wonder if the actress does that or just the character.

It's good that Missy composes all those letters and gets so much practice writing.

I dont remember if we've learned whether Missy believes in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy, but, if so, no reason she wouldn't believe in ALF.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

The ALF cameo at the end made my night!

10 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

Loved the Blossom mention!   Sheldon..." I don't know who that is."

I also would have loved seeing Sheldon trying to watch an episode of “Blossom,” and maybe nonverbally conveying that he thought the actress was cute.  

• Love 12

Omg, Blossom, Joey Lawrence, New Kids, Alf! This show took me right back to sixth grade. 

Missy is quite possibly the cutest thing ever. 

Georgie is hilarious. The scene of him and Sheldon with their black eyes was awesome.

I'm so happy this show is back.

• Love 13

This was not my favorite episode because it came off as a little dry all around.  And I seriously cannot believe Sheldon cut Celeste’s hair.

Although I did laugh when his consternation about whipping Missy was because he might get tendinitis, not that it’s wrong to physically hurt your sister.

And also I love that Missy put on the same princess dress she wore to Red Lobster when she found out she was going to be on camera.

I feel like they deliberately mentioned it was 1990 just so they could shoehorn a Blossom reference into the show.

• Love 3

So young Sheldon is as big a dick as old Sheldon. The only thing that was funny about his reprehensible behavior and disrespect to his sister was the way the librarian got into his experiment ... and his getting punched out by Missy.

I thought Georgie's storyline was hilarious.

• Love 6

I loved this Georgie-centric episode!  The actor really pulled it off and I think it was his best acting of the show so far.  Missy was also great, but she's always great.  Sheldon was, you know, Sheldon.  I kind of feel bad that I always sort of shuffle him off to the back of my mind, especially because the reason I do that is that the actor is so good.  I think a weaker actor would actually make Sheldon stand out *more,* if that makes any sense.

And while I adore Annie Potts and have enjoyed her Meemaw so far, it was nice to have her not be so prominent in this episode.  Honestly, the show was starting to feel like "Young Sheldon and Meemaw" instead of "Young Sheldon."  I also appreciated that we got a little break from the family angst that has been brewing in the last few episodes.

I'm glad that we got a follow-up with Veronica and her newfound relationship with religion and I think the show handled it quite well.  With so many shows sort of tiptoeing into the territory of faith and spirituality this season, it still amazes me that this show seems to be the one that does it the best.

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

So young Sheldon is as big a dick as old Sheldon. The only thing that was funny about his reprehensible behavior and disrespect to his sister was the way the librarian got into his experiment ... and his getting punched out by Missy.

I thought Georgie's storyline was hilarious.

Yes. 

I like this show a lot. 

I like young Sheldon a lot.

But I don’t like Sheldon voicing how unintelligent he thinks Missy is. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes. 

I like this show a lot. 

I like young Sheldon a lot.

But I don’t like Sheldon voicing how unintelligent he thinks Missy is. 

That part bothered me too. Sheldon’s tendency to dismiss everyone else as stupid has always annoyed me but it makes me really uncomfortable when directed at a 10 year old. It was even worse because of Missy’s sadness over feeling stupid. Sheldon’s behavior was in character but it was one of those times that needed one of his parents to overhear him and step in. Part of the reason YS works is the Sheldon is still young enough to be kept in check by his parents. 

On 1/4/2019 at 12:33 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

I'm a little surprised Georgie didn't try something earlier. I think it's in his character to suggest that since the baptism will wash away their sins, a little more sinning beforehand won't matter.

That would have been in character for Georgie. I did like his line that washing away their sins meant they could crank out fresh ones. 

3 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I loved this Georgie-centric episode!  The actor really pulled it off and I think it was his best acting of the show so far.  

I was particularly impressed with the singing in church scene. He played it perfectly. 

Edited by Guest
Removed BBT spoiler. Sorry, I wasn’t thinking.
On 1/5/2019 at 10:18 AM, mojoween said:

And I seriously cannot believe Sheldon cut Celeste’s hair.

He cut a single strand of hair.  I was expecting him to do what my cousins did to my Barbies back in the day.   Poor things were bald.

• Love 3

Liked Mary immediately seeing through Georgie's "Religious awakening", particularly when she said, "You're lying through your teeth." "At least I brushed them!"

And I loved Sheldon and Georgie's matching black eyes at the end!

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:36 AM, rhys said:

I gasped at that baptism. Haven't ever seen anything like that. Yikes. Wouldn't Georgie have gone through some lessons first?

Yes (having attended a Baptism in a Baptist church), that was reasonably accurate. But there would be a certain degree of instruction (or indoctrination, depending on your POV) first. Maybe Mary called in a favour to skip the process as she works at the church?

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:41 PM, Katy M said:

I loved the librarian too.

Love that jaded, couldn't care less attitude. "Yeah, shocking how mum's don't let you mindwipe their children," as opposed to any actual concern over what Sheldon might do to his sister.