Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Half Week Thread for 1/2 to 1/4/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

The two best quips on Friday's show came from Ana - Wanting to know the manufacturer of Lorena Bobbit's kitchen knives, and Likening Trump's listening skills to those of the object of Adele song "Hello" (even Meg & Abby laughed at that one)

Meghan said she swears like a truck driver, unaware yet again that the common saying refers to sailors. Sometimes I think she grew up under a rock.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

And her continually stereotyping of people who do live in the middle of the country as Republican conservatives annoys the fuck out of me.  For someone who identifies herself as a political analyst she is clueless.

She reminds me of one of those "don't confuse me with the facts" people. The kind who listen carefully when you explain new information to them, seem to understand, and then go right back to their comfy erroneous beliefs. Change is scary, and so is learning!

She will be 75 years old and still talking about the Rust Belt, and Red States, and loving guns, and fetishizing anyone who's been in the military.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, MsTree said:

Exactly! Look how long Bitsy lasted.

That had more to do with Geddie protecting her for years. No surprise that once he was on his way out, she was fired.

I don't think McCain has a blank check to act this way forever. From the way Joy is acting, I definitely expect for either her or Meghan to be gone at the end of the season; I don't think Joy will re-sign with her still there. And if Joy is gone, I expect a chunk of viewers to go with her and The View will be back to the ratings dips of the McCarthy/Raven years. I doubt any viewers will be leaving in protest if Meghan is fired since her spew can easily be replaced by Abby (who also has a famous father and a Faux News background).

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 15
32 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That had more to do with Geddie protecting her for years. No surprise that once he was on his way out, she was fired.

I don't think McCain has a blank check to act this way forever. From the way Joy is acting, I definitely expect for either her or Meghan to be gone at the end of the season; I don't think Joy will re-sign with her still there. And if Joy is gone, I expect a chunk of viewers to go with her and The View will be back to the ratings dips of the McCarthy/Raven years. I doubt any viewers will be leaving in protest if Meghan is fired since her spew can easily be replaced by Abby (who also has a famous father and a Faux News background).

When Joy left I also left. McCarthy and Raven ruined the show. If they dare to let Joy leave they might as well cancel the damn show.

• Love 23
5 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Just caught up on Hulu.  Did MM say she knows the middle of the country because she is from the middle of the country?  Arizona, in my mind, is in the south west and would be comparable more with Texas than the midwest.

She's said this numerous times to substantiate any of her opinions as it relates to middle country Americans, their values and how they vote. It's how she attempts to portray herself as a subject matter expert so that her opinions can seem more credible than anyone else's at the table. HOWEVER, when the topic is immigration and border security, then she substantiates her opinions by telling everyone that she comes from a border state and she knows what she's talking about. Now in fairness, the latter is true, Arizona is a border state...but how can a state be both middle country and a border state? Arizona isn't even a central America border state like Texas...it's a western border state like California. In fact, Arizona is categorized as as the Western US, not the Midwest/middle America. You just need one relatively decent working eye and a map in order to confirm this. Meghan relies on poll numbers, whataboutisms to avoid actually speaking to the topic at hand or she will use anecdotal evidence to lend credence to this notion that she knows what the majority of a group of people are thinking because she's spoken to like 5 of those people. It's why she stupidly thinks 'snowbirds' are Canadians who go to Arizona to get medical care because they don't like their free healthcare in Canada. I rolled my eyes so hard at that anecdotal reference that I was worried my eyes wouldn't set straight again.

Experiences help shape your opinion, it is not used or accepted as a means to validate and make an opinion more credible than another opinion. Meghan uses her interactions with people for the latter purpose (and who knows how much of these conversations are sought out with people who are likely to think like her anyway). If those interactions held so much knowledge and foresight, why is that she couldn't have ever imagined that her own home state would ever go Democrat? Why didn't she have that foresight when the statistics show that in Arizona (and across America), the registered Independents are the growing numbers which means that both sides of the isle are losing numbers in terms of tribal voters, which in theory, should make policies and candidates all the more important because it's the Independents that will have the power to decide who wins elections.

• Love 8
On 1/3/2019 at 10:45 AM, Apprentice79 said:

I caught that,  Megan has a slick mouth. She did not like how Joy was questioning Abby about why she supports the President. It was very friendly and chill on Joy's part.

That little comment was telling. I think there may be some things going on behind the scenes regarding Meghan's spot at the table and this was some of that frustration coming out. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I live in Maryland.  I need to check with Meghan to see if I’m in New England or the Deep South.  It’s all so confusing.

I'm in NYC. You know, coastal elite, not "real America." Nevermind we were the first capital of this country; NY one of the original thirteen colonies. Meghan, honey, we invited the rest of you to join us. You're welcome. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
Typo on her name
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I live in Maryland.  I need to check with Meghan to see if I’m in New England or the Deep South.  It’s all so confusing.

Maybe you're in a border state.

What did Meghan say?

• Love 6
8 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

She's said this numerous times to substantiate any of her opinions as it relates to middle country Americans, their values and how they vote. It's how she attempts to portray herself as a subject matter expert so that her opinions can seem more credible than anyone else's at the table. HOWEVER, when the topic is immigration and border security, then she substantiates her opinions by telling everyone that she comes from a border state and she knows what she's talking about. Now in fairness, the latter is true, Arizona is a border state...but how can a state be both middle country and a border state? Arizona isn't even a central America border state like Texas...it's a western border state like California. In fact, Arizona is categorized as as the Western US, not the Midwest/middle America.

Sing it sister!  I am thinking her private school education was not all that great.

4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

ROFLMAO!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Hey everyone!  Fingers crossed I don’t get sick or something else prevents me from going but I just confirmed my tickets to another live taping later this month.  

So cool. What day of the week is it? Maybe a Friday with Ana?

That could increase the odds of a Meghan Meltdown!

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Marigny said:

That little comment was telling. I think there may be some things going on behind the scenes regarding Meghan's spot at the table and this was some of that frustration coming out. 

ORrrrrr....producers are telling Meghan to keep it going, ramp up the negative...that ratings are up and she has more comments than any host EVER!   

• Love 6
9 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Hey everyone!  Fingers crossed I don’t get sick or something else prevents me from going but I just confirmed my tickets to another live taping later this month.  

YES!! I hope you got tickets to a Friday show because I BET its much different without Whoopi and with Ana there with Joy moderating! 

• Love 12

I had to delurk to say this...you can be both from a border state AND the middle of the country!  As a proud native Minnesotan (currently living in Colorado), I couldn’t resist 😜.  Of course, it’s both a blue state and on the “wrong” border so never mind.  

• Love 13
On 1/6/2019 at 5:37 PM, Live2Travel said:

As a proud native Minnesotan (currently living in Colorado), I couldn’t resist 😜.  Of course, it’s both a blue state and on the “wrong” border so never mind.  

Of course, Meghan (more than most) would need reminding (educating?) that we have more than just the southern border.  Of course, that's where all the bad people sneak in...and only by land.

• Love 6
On 1/5/2019 at 7:28 PM, Bronzedog said:

I'm from Maryland, too. In fairness, Maryland IS a weird state to categorize--Southern Maryland, where I'm from, does start to become more Southern the further you go (ditto the Eastern Shore), but because of the population influx over the last several decades, the fact that we're technically south of the Mason-Dixon line is almost irrelevant in the majority of the state. And I would argue that Western Maryland, where I went to college (you can probably figure out which one by that alone, lol), actually starts to take on a Rust Belt feel, due to being so close to Western Pennsylvania/Southeast Ohio. In the end, it's clear why so many people just call our state a Mid-Atlantic state, rather than Southern or Northeast (I'd argue that New England doesn't begin until Connecticut and Rhode Island; below that is the Northeast).

...I know the point you were trying to make here in regards to Meghan, but we really ARE a hard state to categorize. :)