Type keyword(s) to search

The Kingpin: Just A Legitimate Businessman

I had once read an article about Season Three of "Daredevil" in which the author complained that the show's portrayal of Wilson Fisk and the power he possessed during that season struck her as unrealistic.  

After watching two-thirds of Season Three, I have to agree with her.  Considering Fisk's financial state at the season's beginning, it seemed very unrealistic.  And I found it difficult to believe that the FBI would allow someone like Fisk to assume so much control over one of its regional offices for the sake of information on other criminal organizations.  Not like that.  Not on that level.  

And one more thing . . . it seemed as if the season's show runner, Erik Oleson, made its narrative very pro-militant NYPD.  In fact too much for my taste.  Out of fear for Wilson Fisk, Foggy Nelson is willing to use the NYPD to become District Attorney and get rid of the gang boss and allow them to transform New York City into some borderline police state.  And the audience is expected to cheer him on.  Yeah . . . I just couldn't.