Type keyword(s) to search

Matt Murdock aka Daredevil

I would think a major part of the attractiveness of Matt Murdock is that you wouldn't feel like he's constantly judging you on whether you look hot. Guy keeps his cool even if you flash your boobs in front of him. He never comes off like he's trying to get into your panties. He's very non-threatening to women. He subtly draws women towards him instead of aggressively hitting on them. And he likes to listen!

I remember back when Charlie Cox was in Stardust, some people didn't think he was hot enough to be the leading man for that, either. I think he's handsome in a sort of unassuming way, which is perfect for both this character and the character he played in Stardust.

Shaving him is probably a production decision. They constantly have to put all kinds of cuts and bruises all over him, easier to do all that without hair in the way. Also, it's possibly easier to get him in and out of the spandex with him all dolphin smooth. No complaints from me. Hee.

• Love 5

I cannot stop laughing at "dolphin smooth"! Good point on all the practical reasons for the hairless chest. Like others, though, I appreciate a hairy chest with the happy trail...

Ahem! I thought Charlie Cox did a great job with the character.  I know very little about the comics, but Matt reminds me of movie universe Steve Rogers in a way with the quiet, understated, dogged perseverance.  He had a nice, self-deprecating sense of humor without being obnoxiously snarky, which is a balance you don't really see with superheroes, including Marvel.  He grew up in tragic circumstances, was truly conflicted about the vigilantism, but Cox managed to convey a warmth beyond all that. 

I also thought the writing sold the dramatic and moral conflict of his vigilantism without veering too much into angst territory (save episode 10).     

• Love 1

I'm embarrassed to be coming in so late to this discussion.  I only very recently started watching this (only because I loved Jessica Jones so much).  So I'm lucky in that this was all pretty new to me.  I am loving Charlie Cox.  Seen him in a number of things and never thought of him as particularly attractive before.  I mean, sure, he's sweet looking but rather too adorable puppy dog for me.  But excuse me all to hell.  He's tearin' it up in this, far as I'm concerned.  Love the low, soft unhurried way he has of speaking.  And yes, looking very good, in spite of the hairless chest.  (I like the reasons that you gave for that, Bec - very astute.)  Now I feel like I need to go back and re-watch other things he's been in - wasn't even very taken by him in Stone of Destiny and normally I'm a damn fool for a Scots brogue.

One thing I wanted to note; I think this is my naivete (at least to Superheroes) showing but in the first episode, from the way he talked about his father's ability to take a punch, I had to wonder if his father hadn't had a touch of superhero in him as well.  And maybe it's some kind of watered-down gene, so while it's totally there (Dad's ability to heal after getting the hell beat out of him, Matt's supernatural other senses and agility) it's not as pronounced as say, the Big Green Guy. (But more superpowered than Hawkeye or Batman.)  Does that make any sense?  I might just be talking out of my ass, that's pretty much my super power.

I just also watched this for the first time, and loved it! I took that his general fighting ability comes from his father, however not really supernatural. I did Tae Kwon Do for 6 years and there were people that were naturals at it. Mainly because their whole family did it and they did it since they were kids. In Matt's back story we learn that he started when he was 9 (and hardcore started) and still does it. Which will mean he's been studying martial arts for most of his life. So yeah, he's good plus added that his father was a  boxer makes it in his blood. Then add in his supernatural senses then yeah, he can take down like 20 guys by himself.

I saw Stardust again the other night on tv (I saw it years ago but I didn't remember that much from it) and CC is adorable in it. Of course with his natural accent his voice was a bit higher which was even cuter!

Edited by JustaPerson

I just finished season 1 and loved Charlie Cox! I didn't know he was British. I'm going to watch the season again and I'm sure I'll notice it now. Thank you writersblock for that link. Number 9 makes me quiver but number 12 last one where he is licking his lips....oh my!