Type keyword(s) to search

Matt Murdock aka Daredevil

Stardust is a good movie, but I think Cox's audition for this show was Boardwalk Empire where he played both an enforcer and a bit of a boytoy (NYE episode: the look he gives Margaret). He also had a memorable guest spot on Downtown Abbey.

• Love 3

I think the actor is good and certainly handsome, but he needs to get control of his accent. It's really distracting, imo.

I thought Charlie Cox's American accent has been decent thus far. Granted, I'm on episode 4, so maybe it falters later on...

• Love 3

Don't mind the accent, because the *presence* is so good.  He really captures that weird mix of Catholicism, guilt, rage, and blind impartial justice that characterizes Daredevil.  And on a shallow note he's very easy on the eyes.

Also, FYI Cox did a great job in The Theory of Everything too.

• Love 6

Two episodes in, and I think Cox is doing a really good job with the character.

As I said in another post, he seems to have that quiet, mysterious charisma that just draws women in. And any comic book fan will tell you that Matt Murdock has never had a problem attracting the ladies. He seems intriguing, he doesn't give much away other than the impression that he's a thoroughly decent guy. 

But he's also able to turn on the intensity, as Daredevil. The scene of him threatening the fake cop/human trafficker on the roof was pretty chilling, and I believe there is a part of him that enjoys the violence, that likes meting out punishment to these people. Like Frank Miller once said (in one of his rare, insightful moments), that dichotomy between being a lawyer and a vigilante poses a real logical and emotional conundrum for anyone. This blurring of the lines between justice and vengeance, and the guilt that ensues because of it. Cox has a big job on his hands, because Daredevil is a tough character to play even without having to convince viewers you're blind, but he's doing a good job so far.

He's good in Stardust as well, as a far more credulous and simple character. Though that movie really belongs to Claire Danes and Michelle Pfeiffer.

• Love 4

I didn't notice the accent, but I did notice how he manages to have the perfect amount of stubble at all times and a clean shaven chest.  Another superpower, I guess.

• Love 1

I didn't notice the accent, but I did notice how he manages to have the perfect amount of stubble at all times and a clean shaven chest.  Another superpower, I guess.

Well, the stubble thing would be explainable by him just using an electric beard trimmer rather than a shaver or razor. I guess that would make sense, for a blind guy. Easy for stubble to be varying lengths without anyone noticing, but if you shave and miss a bit? You'll look pretty silly in the court room.

The shaven chest? I got nothing, No idea why anyone would do that anyway. Wouldn't it just itch like crazy every few days?

• Love 1

I'm just loving Charlie Cox's take on Matt/DareDevil, that I won't even grumble, complain, etc., about how he isn't a blonde (as all incarnations I've seen of him as being so).  It doesn't matter because Cox has sold me that he is Matt.  And that's saying something considering how anal/retentive I am about such things.

• Love 1

I thought his American accent got better and more consistent as the series went along. I've seen him in work where he uses his natural British accent so I was listening for it - I think he did just fine.

I'm OK with this Matt not being blond.

The only nit I'd have about the casting, purely from a physical standpoint, is that Charlie Cox is quite a bit shorter than I was expecting Matt/DD to be.

But ater watching the entire series in a weekend AND seeing the stunt work, I'm fine with his shorter height now. 

What I also love is the strong blend of guilt, motivation, introspection and developing extrovertness.  I think Charlie Cox has done a very good job of giving Matt those layers. Plus, he's playing 2 characters... His body language changes completely when he's Daredevil (or the Devil of Hell's Kitchen).

I am always fascinated when actors play masked superheroes (or villains) that the world, at large, doesn't know who the real identity is (unlike Tony Stark, Steve Rogers)... they have to play, for our sake especially, the 2 sides of the character with distinctive marks but also with enough simliarity to mesh the 2. 

Given these big shoes to fill after the success of many other superhero characters on TV and in the movies in recent years (DC and Marvel), I think Charlie Cox has done a very solid job.

By the 5th or 6th episode, I was completely sold on his portrayal.

• Love 2

I've got a question here that I'm hoping someone can clarify/answer for me. During one of Foggy and Matt's conversations, Foggy asked if Matt was really blind or just faking, and Matt said, "more or less." So, is he blind? All these years I thought he was and that when he was DareDevil, that there was some gadget in the eye thingamajig that helped him to "see."

Matt is blind.  He is unable to see, but the Maguffin is that his other senses were heightened (particularly his hearing) to the point that he's able to compensate and then some.

Primarily, he's able to navigate the world, both as Matt and as Daredevil because of his hearing.  It basically works like a bat's; he knows where things are because of sound bouncing off them.  In the only good scene in the Affleck movie, he talks about how when it rains, that's as close to normal as he gets.

• Love 1

Thanks guys. That's what I thought, But when Matt said "more or less" I wasn't sure if he was saying some of his sight returned. And yeah, I was thinking that even though I knew his other senses were more heightened. It was that one line that had me going "Whuuuut?"

Exactly Starri. It was explained that a large rainstorm or loud noises can be very off setting to his radar and other heighten senses because its almost like an overload. Otherwise as shown in episode 2, his eyes do not respond to light in any shape or form and while he can feel the ink on a newspaper strip and read it with touch due to the ink standing out on the paper. He can't do it digitally or color sense. He is legally blind. 

Like I said in the Episode 10 thread, the information his brain collects through his other senses (not just the traditional four, but from his sense of equilibrium, temperature change, vibration, and other senses nobody ever thinks about) is combined and enhanced into a sort of "radar sense", giving him essentially an outlined monochrome image of his surroundings (like in the "world on fire" scene from episode 3). The movie used the "echolocation" idea, but it's much more complicated than that.

• Love 2

So, he has no real super powers?  Because I understand that his other senses became really acute over time, but they seem to be really sensitive to the point of being beyond reality.  I know, it's a super hero show and I have to accept many things without explanation, but I'm so used to having reasons for a super hero's ability that I find myself wondering if the material that got into his eyes that caused the blindness, also did something else to him.

I also feel really dense because I didn't notice a thing about his accent.  I didn't know he was one of the actors in The Theory of Everything and had no clue he wasn't American.  Maybe because I live around people with a lot of different accents.  I dunno.

So, he has no real super powers?  Because I understand that his other senses became really acute over time, but they seem to be really sensitive to the point of being beyond reality.  I know, it's a super hero show and I have to accept many things without explanation, but I'm so used to having reasons for a super hero's ability that I find myself wondering if the material that got into his eyes that caused the blindness, also did something else to him.

Well, Batman doesn't have any super powers, either, and he's considered a Super Hero. Heck, he doesn't even have the enhanced senses that Matt has/has honed. These two being non-powered doesn't make them not be super heroes.

So there you go.

• Love 2

It's not explicitly spelled out in the show, but the radioactive isotope that blinded him also kicked his other senses into overdrive. In the comics, at least. I'm assuming it's the same here.
  • Love 2

Thanks guys. That's what I thought, But when Matt said "more or less" I wasn't sure if he was saying some of his sight returned. And yeah, I was thinking that even though I knew his other senses were more heightened. It was that one line that had me going "Whuuuut?"

He can 'see.' He just can't see with his eyes.

• Love 1

I'm having a lot of trouble with Matt Murdock. He isn't quite gelling with the rest of the cast for me, probably because he has very llittle screen time. Almost everything we know about Matt is what Foggy tells us. And what he tells us is totally unbelievable. Is anyone buying Matt as a ladykiller? The only glimpse you see of it is when Karen is translating and finds out he speaks better Spanish and he says keep going, I like the sound of your voice. Other than that, we never see him charm or seduce a woman. (I don't see it with Daredevil either-- I don't think he has any chemistry Claire.) I had myself convinced that he's not at all a lady killer and those were lies he told to cover for his vigilante actions, but the show doesn't support that in later episodes. I can't quite decide if it's the writer's fault for spending so little time on Matt, or the actor's fault for not being able to portray those qualities. I'm leaning toward the actor though. I feel like Eldon is trying to sell the hell out of their besty relationship while Cox remains too aloof. Ultimately, I don't find Matt compelling enough to build a show around. For me, the decision to kill or not was better done on Arrow. And all of the sad chilhood stuff is eradicated by the fact that for all intents and purposes, he is only pretending to be blind. Which makes him kind of a glass bowl.

Which leaves me with what, exactly? An upstanding lawyer who spends most of his time lying to his friends/coworkers and faking a disability so he can have a double life. I'll take a billionaire playboy with family issues over that any day. Or a boy scout journalist with a giant unrequiited crush on his co-worker covering up his abilities for fear for his life.

It's not explicitly spelled out in the show, but the radioactive isotope that blinded him also kicked his other senses into overdrive. In the comics, at least. I'm assuming it's the same here.

I don't think that's what they're going for.  If they were, they didn't really emphasize it.  Stick has all of the same powers (and perhaps more, because I can't see Matt being able to pull of archery, which isn't easy even if you can see), and he's been blind since birth.

The whole way through, it seemed more supernatural than superhuman, at least to me.

According to one of the character pages I read on Marvel's site, it stated that, after becoming blind, his other senses were 'pretenaturally' enhanced. But I don't think the show is going that route. Just that he had to finesse/hone his other senses, so he "sees" through them, maybe?

They hinted at it but they didn't spell it out in so many words.

Matt reacted to things being so loud even when he was in the hospital after the accident. He sleeps on silk sheets and they still 'feel like sandpaper.' He can hear heartbeats, smell cologne, detect movement down to very specific and subtle motions, he can hear to extraordinary lengths when he's standing on a building and concentrating. Those abilities are 'super' to an extent.

As for Stick... I don't know his story save for what the show gave me. He was born blind and he's obviously involved with an order of some sort... an order he had been training Matt for and one he went to answer to at the end. It is entirely likely that Stick's abilities come from Marvel Kung Fu Magical Mysticism as opposed to Matt's which is... toxic waste.

Toxic waste is a major means of super powers in the Marvel universe. That and radiation of some sort are the most common tropes it seems... which makes sense for guys that grew up in the Atomic Age.

But for all that Matt can 'see', he still can't see light. He still lives in a dark world or a monochromatic one. He cannot see the sky. He cannot see a sunset or a sunrise. He cannot see the moon and stars. He cannot tell what color a persons hair or eyes or skin are, or what they're wearing. He cannot read except in braille. He can do a stunning amount of things and he can experience a stunning amount of things but he is still missing things... things that he misses. In a sense, it was good to have Stick show up and remind him of the things he had even if he doesn't have them anymore... Stick opened up a lot of possibilities for Matt.

Matt still remains deeply tragic for me. For all the things he has, there were things taken from him at a young age... things that he starved for for a long time and those are things that shaped him into what he became; an imperfect man but one who does try to make things better.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 7

Is anyone buying Matt as a ladykiller?

*raises hand*

Like Foggy said, he has the handsome and vulnerable thing down and he knows it. But it's logical that he was too preoccupied with Fisk and all that to really be turning on the natural charm he would have if he weren't so tense. The thing with Karen and the spanish was an example of that, and with the real estate agent in the pilot

• Love 10

Alright, if other people are buying it, then maybe it's just that I don't find him attractive. But to argue this a little further, I didn't see anything with the real estate agent and Matt. She didn't strike me as particularly interested in him, and I don't recall her making any kind of overture in that direction. He politely covered her social awkwardness over the blind thing, but it wasn't a panty dropping move.

I definitely find Charlie Cox appealing in the role.

I'm both tired of and curious about the comparisons here and elsewhere online between Matt Murdock and Oliver Queen.  I suppose superhero-action-show-on-TV makes the comparisons inevitable, especially since both leads are secretive about their alter egos while trying to save their respective cities.  But I think there's a world of difference between them, too.

I like both shows, very much, and am more than happy to appreciate them on their own merits. 

If anything, I think Matt is more like Barry Allen on the Flash.

• Love 1

Well, Batman doesn't have any super powers, either, and he's considered a Super Hero. Heck, he doesn't even have the enhanced senses that Matt has/has honed. These two being non-powered doesn't make them not be super heroes.

So there you go.

Batman.  Yes, you're right--I forgot about him. But, Matt being able to, for example, hear someone's heartbeat accelerate in a room full of heartbeats seems just a bit supernatural to me. 

Thanks to everyone else who explained a bit of what happened in the comics.

Alright, if other people are buying it, then maybe it's just that I don't find him attractive.

I find him very attractive with the glasses on, but with them off, he's just ok for me.

Edited by Shannon L.

Oliver, who?

I kid, I kid. Sorry, but I couldn't get into that show, and Charlie Cox is a much better actor than Arnell? Armell? I'm not sure on the spelling.

Plus, I'm biased. I could never shake the feeling that CW was Batmanizing Arrow. So many of his villains/rogues are ones I've watched Batman fight and sometimes defeat. Yes, Yes, they're Allll in the DC universe, and blah, blah, blah.

I said I was biased!

And this show, Matt, Cox had me hooked from the first minute.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

Amell, I think. Another fellow Arrow-reject here. I thought I could get into it too, but Arrow could never hold me for more than a couple episodes. And even then, I skipped over those island flashbacks every single time.

• Love 1

I think the biggest problem DC has across the board these days is that they seem to Batmanize everyone. They turned Superman into a dark, gritty, angst machine. Superman! The only one that has seem to escape the dark and gritty ray they turn on everyone is Barry. THANK GOD! (The Speedsters were the ones I followed most in DC. Well... them and Nightwing because, you know, it's Dick Grayson.)

At least Daredevil is dark and gritty because, you know, he's supposed to be! His life is a morass of misery on a good day.

I feel that Marvel has succeeded in differentiating their heroes as opposed to making them all steeped in dark, gritty realness. Steve Rogers is not Tony Stark is not Natasha Romanoff is not Clint Barton is not Thor... and so on. That being said, Hawkeye's a bit different in the movies than he is in other media but I can always watch the cartoons for a more faithful representation of Clint. Seriously, Avengers Assemble Hawkeye is the sassiest of Hawkeyes. It's delightful.

I came into this show having a pretty good idea of who Matt Murdock is but I think the show did an excellent job of illustrating who he is for those that might have no idea. Questions about his radar sense or whatever is fine and I'm okay with that not being spelled out explicitly because it gives room to explore and nail it down. But I feel if you went into this not knowing Matt, you'd definitely come out of the series with a clear picture of who he is and what makes him tick... that's a good thing.

• Love 7

Stephen Amell is actually a very good actor, in my view. It's just his show that is an awful mess that needs to be wiped clean. As for Charlie Cox in this role, I can absolutely see why women would fall for him. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, obviously, but he has that charisma and gravitas and seems to draw people in when he speaks. He also has a level of self confidence that would be disarming, especially if people are expecting some sort of insecurities relating to his blindness. When you pile intelligence, integrity and a strong moral compass on top of that? Yeah, it makes sense to me.

As for Daredevil's powers? I think he definitely has them, and the show is just sort of skipping the explanation for how they work. At the moment. I'm four episodes in, so if they explain them more later on, then whatever. To me, it seems obvious that his hearing is far beyond the normal human range and that, or some other preternatural sense, allows him to 'see'.

• Love 5

I think the biggest problem DC has across the board these days is that they seem to Batmanize everyone. They turned Superman into a dark, gritty, angst machine. Superman! The only one that has seem to escape the dark and gritty ray they turn on everyone is Barry. THANK GOD! (The Speedsters were the ones I followed most in DC. Well... them and Nightwing because, you know, it's Dick Grayson.)

At least Daredevil is dark and gritty because, you know, he's supposed to be! His life is a morass of misery on a good day.

I feel that Marvel has succeeded in differentiating their heroes as opposed to making them all steeped in dark, gritty realness. Steve Rogers is not Tony Stark is not Natasha Romanoff is not Clint Barton is not Thor... and so on. That being said, Hawkeye's a bit different in the movies than he is in other media but I can always watch the cartoons for a more faithful representation of Clint. Seriously, Avengers Assemble Hawkeye is the sassiest of Hawkeyes. It's delightful.

I came into this show having a pretty good idea of who Matt Murdock is but I think the show did an excellent job of illustrating who he is for those that might have no idea. Questions about his radar sense or whatever is fine and I'm okay with that not being spelled out explicitly because it gives room to explore and nail it down. But I feel if you went into this not knowing Matt, you'd definitely come out of the series with a clear picture of who he is and what makes him tick... that's a good thing.

I cannot LIKE this post enough! I agree with so much of it. If I could like it more, I would.  I think I probably would have enjoyed Arrow more if they'd brought over Hartley's Ollie from Smallville. Who knows?

If anything, I think Matt is more like Barry Allen on the Flash.

For me, he's actually much more like Batman than either Barry or Oliver.

Like Bruce/Batman he has an aversion to guns and lived through a tragedy at a young age and made himself better for it. Gotham and HK are very similar in terms of the corruption and crime. He's also in danger (like Bats) of becoming the very thing he hates.

The canonical Green Arrow and Matt/DD are nothing alike. I refuse to count CW's Arrow because that's not really Green Arrow. He shouldn't be compared to a faithful adaptation of DD. Sorry not sorry.

I think Matt would probably be closer to the canonical Barry Allen who was very smart and more reserved than the "Wally Westicized" version of Barry Allen on the CW's Flash.

Honestly - the comparisons are probably pointless - this is Marvel number one and since they are on netflix they can really make this show something different than what we see on network tv. In fact, we already have.

As for Cox himself - I think he's hot. His voice does something to me. I don't know what it is about British actors when they take on an American accent, but d@mn. Especially when they lower their voice. Cox whispering to Claire literally made my womb shake.

• Love 3

Thank you! I loved this post!

It's my biggest gripe with Arrow - they jacked Batman's story and gave it to him. No! NO NO NO! You know why no one can be batman?

BecauseHe'sBATMAN!

LOL.

The only reason the CW didn't "darken" Barry/Flash is because they needed him to be the Superman's light (Flash) to Batman's dark (Arrow). I'm still bothered because those characterizations really belong (in my mind) to Supes and Bats - the entire Justice League is built off of that relationship right there... and Arrow/Flash co-opted that.

I digress.

My only gripe with what you said (and not really a gripe, just a nitpick) is that I LOOOOVED Man of Steel - I don't think they made Superman himself dark - they just made the world he inhabits more realistic. No way an alien could just show up without the government and mankind going BSC, lol. I had been so tired of the cartoonish version of Kal-El that MoS was literally awesome to me and a breath of fresh air. Plus, it's based on 3 Graphic Novels (Birthright, Earth One and Secret Origins).

Love Daredevil though - he's earned the gritty title. I think he was Marvel's response to Batman.

• Love 1

Oh yes, his voice is awesome. Should he ever switch to an english accent, I'm done for. And I accept that he has his appeal based on the posts. But I maintain, Foggy is constantly telling us that he gets all these women, but we never see it happen. I found it jarring. I wish they either would have showed us the starbucks girl writing her number on the cup or quit bringing it up.

He sleeps on silk sheets and they still 'feel like sandpaper.'

Dandesun, I'm being nitpicky, but it's not with malice ( I also take no pleasure from it. *g*), but Matt doesn't sleep on cotton sheets because they feel like sandpaper. It was when Stick was running Mattie down for bein' soft. 'Oh! Someone sleeps on satin! I slept on dirt and enjoyed when it rained because mud was softer.'

Toxic waste is a major means of super powers in the Marvel universe. That and radiation of some sort are the most common tropes it seems... which makes sense for guys that grew up in the Atomic Age.

Yep; as soon as Jack Murdock realized, roughly, what the barrels had ( all the warning and biohazard yellow triangle stickers) he told Matt not to open his eyes, but a scared kid that just got hit by a truck isn't going to be calm and rational.

I'm having a lot of trouble with Matt Murdock. He isn't quite gelling with the rest of the cast for me, probably because he has very llittle screen time. Almost everything we know about Matt is what Foggy tells us. And what he tells us is totally unbelievable. Is anyone buying Matt as a ladykiller? The only glimpse you see of it is when Karen is translating and finds out he speaks better Spanish and he says keep going, I like the sound of your voice. Other than that, we never see him charm or seduce a woman. (I don't see it with Daredevil either-- I don't think he has any chemistry Claire.) I had myself convinced that he's not at all a lady killer and those were lies he told to cover for his vigilante actions, but the show doesn't support that in later episodes. I can't quite decide if it's the writer's fault for spending so little time on Matt, or the actor's fault for not being able to portray those qualities. I'm leaning toward the actor though. I feel like Eldon is trying to sell the hell out of their besty relationship while Cox remains too aloof. Ultimately, I don't find Matt compelling enough to build a show around. For me, the decision to kill or not was better done on Arrow. And all of the sad chilhood stuff is eradicated by the fact that for all intents and purposes, he is only pretending to be blind. Which makes him kind of a glass bowl.

Which leaves me with what, exactly? An upstanding lawyer who spends most of his time lying to his friends/coworkers and faking a disability so he can have a double life. I'll take a billionaire playboy with family issues over that any day. Or a boy scout journalist with a giant unrequiited crush on his co-worker covering up his abilities for fear for his life.

He's not faking a disability. Matt cannot see in normal vision. His eyes do not react to light.

In terms of Matt being attractive to women, people's mileage will vary. But I think Matt is obviously physically fit and handsome, smart and often funny. I think Foggy is not wrong when he says that there are some women who are attracted to wounded types, and beyond his blindness, remember that Matt was orphaned when his father was murdered.

I'd also imagine that he could use his enhanced senses to basically cheat in terms of trying to charm people. Being able to tell when someone's lying and to sense their body temperature and heartbeat speeding up -- all abilities Matt demonstrated -- would probably be a big help in deciding who and how to pursue a romance.

In terms of what we saw in the show, Claire (IMO) was attracted to him and acted on that attraction. Karen seemingly also is attracted to him. And I think Vanessa was at least a little charmed by him, even presuming that the reason he was wanting to get art was to warm up his lady friend visitors.

• Love 2

Dandesun, I'm being nitpicky, but it's not with malice ( I also take no pleasure from it. *g*), but Matt doesn't sleep on cotton sheets because they feel like sandpaper. It was when Stick was running Mattie down for bein' soft. 'Oh! Someone sleeps on satin! I slept on dirt and enjoyed when it rained because mud was softer.'

My hearing is clearly not enhanced by toxic waste.

Also, "Stick" was the last episode I watched before turning on captions because there's a lot of whispering coupled with loud action that makes things difficult. "What?!" ::turns volume up to hear soft dialog:: EXPLODEY STUFF!! "Augh!!" ::hastily turns volume down as the dogs start barking::

• Love 4

As for Cox himself - I think he's hot. His voice does something to me. I don't know what it is about British actors when they take on an American accent, but d@mn. Especially when they lower their voice. Cox whispering to Claire literally made my womb shake.

I wasn't familiar with him before. I recall seeing a picture of him with Janet Montgomery (a gorgeous actress), and thinking he was okay, but not my type. But I agree with you here - it had a similar effect on me.

I have the English accent myself, so accent-wise, they don't do much for me, until they speak in an American accent. I had the same thing happen with what's his name who plays Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead.

Edited by Anela
  • Love 2

I wasn't familiar with him before. I recall seeing a picture of him with Janet Montgomery (a gorgeous actress), and thinking he was okay, but not my type. But I agree with you here - it had a similar effect on me.

I have the English accent myself, so accent-wise, they don't do much for me, until they speak in an American accent. I had the same thing happen with what's his name who plays Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead.

I think in order to block out the English accent, they take their voices an octave lower. Sexy.

• Love 2

Naturally I went to the internets to find interviews with Cox, and hamuna, hamuna...his accent could give Mison a run for its money.  His natural accent is in the lower octave region? area? what's the damned word?

Anyhoo, listening to a few, I can say with 100% certainty, that my ears, at any rate, did not hear his accent being all over the place.  And of course I started rewatching again last night. This show is like my new Crack.

• Love 4

I'd never characterize Cox as being "pastey", especially considering and in comparison to his two blonde co-workers.  I think he is definitely hot on the show, so I was glad when Rosario Dawson pointed it out, because I loved every scene he woke up in since we know he sleeps shirtless at this point.  They definitely should have just done trimming of the chest hair though if they were worried about it overshadowing how ripped his stomach is.  He's so underweight, and just 5'10, so I think in real life I wouldn't be so infatuated with him.

• Love 1

Well, this show is my new crack, heroin and meth all in one. I can't stop watching.

That kiss that he had with Rosario? GD@mn! THAT is how Matt Murdock gets the ladies - holy crap.

I need to fan myself, lol.

Aerated now I'm gonna find interviews with him.

No I have no shame. Sorry not sorry.

Naturally I went to the internets to find interviews with Cox, and hamuna, hamuna...his accent could give Mison a run for its money.  His natural accent is in the lower octave region? area? what's the damned word?

I think it's that his "American" accent is an octave lower than his natural British accent. At least - that's what I've gathered from the show and interviews he's done.

And we are ALLLL the more blessed for it, lol. That deeper voice on this show is womb shaking.

• Love 4

I saw his interview with Seth Meyers and when he was talking about how he had to change his Dublin accent to Northern Belfast for Boardwalk and how he got Jamie Dornan, who is one of his mates, to record his voice to help him, I SOOOOO wanted Cox to give meeeeee an example/sample of both Oirish accents! I felt sooo deprived.

• Love 3