Type keyword(s) to search

Blind Items: Daredevil In The Media

(edited)

Got high hopes with DeKnight. I'm not familiar with Charlie Cox, but he looks appealing. As for D'Onofrio - outstanding! He's damn menacing when it's called for and impossible to ignore in any role. I'm glad they cast a mature actor and not someone in their 20s. Love that it's being filmed in New York.

Edited by insubordination
  • Love 1

Wow, this is actually sizing up to be a pretty formidable looking addition to the Marvel properties. And even if Goddard is gone, I have faith that DeKnight will do the show justice.

I think Aunjanue Ellis would be great as Misty Knight, but Rosario could pull off any of the roles mentioned in the article The Crazed Spruce linked to for us. (Thank you, btw!) I think the more intriguing are White Tiger, Echo, and Foggy Nelson!

Cool. I remember hearing a few years back that DAW's irl boyfriend was legally blind, so besides her being awesome in general, that's some neat casting. Maybe some of her personal experiences can help enrich the character and show.

• Love 1

Yes, this news made me glad. With Ms. Woll , they can go almost anywhere with Karen Page, but if they are eyeing the downward spiral, I hope it can wait until a second season. (I'm thinking positive thoughts for the show.)

• Love 1

I'm not a comic book person, but I watch/watched (had to drop Arrow after its disastrous 2nd half of the last season...) some comic book shows and was willing to at least check out this pilot. And Deborah's casting made me really happy! She was the best thing about True Blood for years. I hope the show will work and I really hope to like her character (please say she isn't a damsel in distress love interest whose life revolves around the hero).

The showrunner, Stephen S. DeKnight, described his version of Daredevil in an interview as "One bad day away from being The Punisher".

I can accept that. It's hardly a secret that Matt Murdock's life, in general, is a complete shitstorm. The bigger question might be: How bad a day does it have to be? Because he has a LOT of bad days.

I also wonder when they'll bring Bullseye in. I wouldn't think you could go far into a Daredevil story without bringing that psycho into it.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 1

In the future, please add a quick description of the article you're linking to. Just posting the link, without any other content, can easily be mistaken for spam. (Especially if the article's just a repackaged and edited version of Entertainment Weekly's preview of the series.)

I read the EW preview last night, and it was interesting that they talked about how it is going to be kind of darker and more adult oriented than what we have previously seen in the MCU. That has always been one of my bigger complaints with Agents of Shield, how they almost seem too nice, what with using knock out guns and crap like this. So I wonder how dark this show is going to get. Is Matt Murdock or kingpin going to be allowed to curse? 

I read the EW preview last night, and it was interesting that they talked about how it is going to be kind of darker and more adult oriented than what we have previously seen in the MCU. That has always been one of my bigger complaints with Agents of Shield, how they almost seem too nice, what with using knock out guns and crap like this. So I wonder how dark this show is going to get. Is Matt Murdock or kingpin going to be allowed to curse? 

Well, Netflix isn't beholden to FCC regulations, is it? I can easily see the actors being allowed to curse. ETA: Nice poster above and, yeah, the date is a month earlier than I had previously read for its start date.

Well, Netflix isn't beholden to FCC regulations, is it? I can easily see the actors being allowed to curse. ETA: Nice poster above and, yeah, the date is a month earlier than I had previously read for its start date.

They aren't beholden to the FCC, I was just more thinking about how much Marvel/Disney cares about their brand and maintaining that PG (PG-13 at best) image.

They aren't beholden to the FCC, I was just more thinking about how much Marvel/Disney cares about their brand and maintaining that PG (PG-13 at best) image.

Ah, okay, I can understand that, @Kel Varnsen, what with the Disney angle. With that said, since those involved claim this will be darker and by virtue of being on Netflix, I do think things will be a lot looser. We'll certainly see!

• Love 1

Ah, okay, I can understand that, @Kel Varnsen, what with the Disney angle. With that said, since those involved claim this will be darker and by virtue of being on Netflix, I do think things will be a lot looser. We'll certainly see!

I am curious how far they will be able to go. I mean the movies aren't beholden to the FCC, but they still don't really push the limits of what I would call PG-13. And since marvel has been making there own they haven't and I don' t think they have any plans to make an R rated movie as part of the MCU. 

Agreed that poster is cool. I really hope that Daredevil stays at pretty much street level, fighting criminals and that sort of thing (which is what the poster kind of suggests), and never really crosses paths any of the Avengers. That said if Matt Murdock said he was doing some legal consulting work for a recently outed spy who had to testify before congress, that would make me happy. Even beer if he said he was going out for coffee/drinks with her or had a one night stand with her. I don't expect Scarlett to show up for a netflix show but she is a spy right, so having her be a sexy/semi-secret part of Matt's life that no one ever sees could be hilarious.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 2

If you (universally speaking) can tolerate The View (I can't, but maybe I'll YT it or something and fast forward), VDO has said on his FB page that he will be on there tomorrow, no doubt to promote Daredevil.

I'm confused from that trailer.  Does he have radar Superpowers or not?  The trailer seems to imply it's from all magical mentor ninja training.

Also, the way they're playing Hell's Kitchen I'm not sure this is meant to be New York, but rather some parallel place where that's most of a city rather than a small neighborhood.  Or at least a big piece, like The Glades in the Arrow TV show, where the "it has to die to be reborn" logic seems to have some larger purpose linking back to the powerful needing to wipe out the poor and hopeless.

It is New York. The first episode refers to the Chitauri invasion as 'the incident that almost wiped Hell's Kitchen off the map.' And the second episode tends to focus a little more on the small neighborhood aspect of it.

• Love 2