Type keyword(s) to search

Tell Me a Story - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Good show. Just discovered it tonight and watched two episodes.  I wanted to slap Kayla and I have a feeling her grandmother is going to do that for me eventually.  She needs some therapy before she ends up making worse decisions for her life.  I also kept thinking the best recourse for Nick is to consult an attorney so that when his predicament is revealed, the attorney will have had time to  research precedent to help him.

Edited by Geillis
spelling

Finished the season. Wow.  Not wanting to spoil this for anyone who has not seen it, but I must say that I loved the way the character stories that seem unconnected get woven together as the episodes continue.

• Love 2

I decided to add CBS All Access to my Amazon package for a month, and I just found this. 

I don't hate Kayla. She's a kid who lost her mom, then was uprooted and moved across the country for her final year of high school. No kid is going to handle that well. She needs heavy psychological help. If her father does not get that, he's kind of trash. As of the second episode, though, I feel like her grandmother does understand. 

Anyway, back for the next episode. Glad to know they renewed it, so I am not investing my time for no reason. 

• Love 2
On 1/21/2019 at 3:30 AM, azshadowwalker said:

I decided to add CBS All Access to my Amazon package for a month, and I just found this. 

I don't hate Kayla. She's a kid who lost her mom, then was uprooted and moved across the country for her final year of high school. No kid is going to handle that well. She needs heavy psychological help. If her father does not get that, he's kind of trash. As of the second episode, though, I feel like her grandmother does understand. 

Anyway, back for the next episode. Glad to know they renewed it, so I am not investing my time for no reason. 

That’s all well and good, but that doesn’t excuse her shitty, disrespectful attitude. I can’t stand kids who act like that or the parents who indulge such rude, entitled, bratty behavior. I don’t see where she needs any psychological help. She needs to realize the world doesn’t revolve around her ass, but the apparent lack of parenting isn’t going to help her out with that.

• Love 2

Paul Wesley to Star in Season Two of CBS All Access' "Tell Me a Story"

Exploring a whole new set of fairy tales and characters each season, season two of the series will feature the tales of three legendary princesses - "Beauty and the Beast," "Sleeping Beauty" and "Cinderella" - like you've never seen them before.

Paul Wesley will star as Tucker. A struggling novelist, Tucker spends his sleepless nights toiling away in a secluded cabin in the woods and his days trying to prove he's good enough for his beautiful fiancée. But it's all about to come crashing down as a dark secret threatens to destroy his world.

‘Tell Me A Story’: Odette Annable & Natalie Alyn Lind To Star In Season 2 Of CBS All Access Series

Annable will play Maddie, a modern take on Cinderella. Maddie is a quintessential middle child, she is the peace keeping overachiever who tries to maintain calm and control while her loved ones spiral. But after taking care of a broken family for so many years, Maddie may not be willing to do the same for the man she loves. Lind will play Ashley, inspired by Beauty. Ashley is a rising country music singer who survives a brutal attack only to find that her nightmare isn’t over. Once hungry for the spotlight, Ashley now hides herself in the shadows of her home avoiding anyone who gets too close.

‘Tell Me A Story’: Carrie-Anne Moss & Danielle Campbell To Star In Season 2 Of CBS All Access Series

Campbell, who played a character inspired by Little Red Riding Hood in Season 1, will portray Olivia, who is not inspired by Belle but has ties to the Sleeping Beauty storyline. Self-possessed, strong, smart and sly, Olivia left small-town life behind (including a small-town boyfriend) and moved to Nashville to pursue her her master’s degree in Philosophy and Comparative Literature. But fate has new plans for Olivia, plans which will force her to rely on every ounce of strength, brains and craftiness she’s got — simply to survive.

Moss will play Rebecca, who has ties to all three storylines (Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast). The steely matriarch of the Pruitt family, Rebecca keeps her emotions firmly in check. After losing her husband over a decade ago in a car crash, Rebecca was forced to raise her three children solo, with varying degrees of success. She struggles to find balance between practicality, tough love and actual love (especially with her youngest daughter, Ashley, played by Lind), and after years of pouring all her energy into her children, Rebecca is ready to start focusing on herself.

At Episode 10, Season 1.

This arc is finally reaching its peak!  I would have expected this by episode 8.

Kidnapping the child was jumping the Shark, or should I say, the Wolf.

I just watched the first season on DVD and enjoyed it. It probably helped that my expectations were low because there hasn't been much buzz about the show, and there were a lot of actors in it that I like (James Wolk, Billy Magnussen, Kim Catrall, Becki Newton, and Michael Raymond-James). The subplot with the brother and sister on the run was my least favorite, but even that one had its moments.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Watching

Very different from the first season. Slower and not so many plot twists so far

Well there is a quite interesting twist at the end of the most recent episode. I like it.

I was just coming to post this. I haven’t seen this show before but I’m happy The CW is airing it. It’s “new” TV for me and I am excited, heh.

S01.E01: Chapter 1: Hope

Troubled teen Kayla and her dad, Tim, try to make a fresh start at grandmother Colleen's home; estranged siblings Gabe and Hannah are reunited under extreme circumstances; Jordan and his girlfriend Beth can't see eye-to-eye on their future together.

• Love 1

I have been hoping to catch this show for awhile, and now that its on the CW I can watch it without needing another streaming site! This is all new for me so I am trying to avoid spoilers, even on this board, but I thought the first episode was really intriguing. I had fun trying to figure out which story was going to be a take on which fairytale, the teen at her grandmas house with the offered red coat was the most obvious as little red riding hood, then the pigs for three little pigs, I wasn't sure about the vet or the club kid, but when the vet was watching the show about gingerbread houses and she got a call, I caught on, looks like some kind of Hansel and Gretel take (Hannah and Gabe? I see you show) I am interested to see how that goes exactly. I kind guess how the other takes will go (teacher is the big bad wolf? Angry fiance becomes vengeful big bad wolf?) but I am not sure about that one. 

I find it really amusing that two of the actors here (one of the robbers and the vet) were also both on Once Upon A Time, which is also a show about fairytales in a modern setting. What an oddly specific form of typecasting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So I finally watched this this evening. It wasn't what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be like Grim or OUaT but clearly I am wrong, heh. It was fine but I kept expecting some sort of supernatural element and that obviously didn't happen. 

So far I don't have a favourite character and no one is standing out. I am hoping next week will be more intriguing. 

This is still pretty interesting, I like seeing the stories slightly connecting, and I am guessing they will connect more, even though I dont really have a favorite story yet. I think maybe Hansel and Gretel is my favorite so far, probably because I really have no idea where its going. 

To be fair to the teacher, I had no idea that girl was supposed to be in high school until we saw her in school either! Even by TV teens played by twenty somethings, she looks like she is at least in college. 

9 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I'm on season 1 from CW.   Totally wasn't expecting the car accident/affair/Abby twist. 

Same. So shocked to discover he was having an affair with the mom and followed the daughter to NY. I started off not really liking this but enjoying it as time goes on. I heard The CW will be airing Season 2 as well. 

• Love 2
On 9/17/2020 at 7:48 PM, Artsda said:

I'm on season 1 from CW.   Totally wasn't expecting the car accident/affair/Abby twist. 

I suspected that it might have been the mom that had the affair and not the dad, and he was keeping it from his daughter to preserve the memory she had of her mother, but I so did not see it being the teacher who is stalking Kayla coming. Not only was he having an affair with Kayla's mom, but he murdered her and has now followed her to New York! Really did not see that one coming. 

It seems like the threads are all going to tie up together - Shocker that nice dads new lady friend is a cold eyed witch after all like her steam iron loving mama. That actress can go from nice to evil in a second

They sure turned it around for the uber-brat teen who turned out to be the red-riding hood. 

Bad pig cop with the too nice house is tieing up loose ends.  

I hope they wrap it all up

• Love 3

I feel so bad for the lady cop who was killed. I also felt bad that Kayla's friend was killed. I liked her quite a bit. 

Looks like the finale will be taking place in the hotel. It looks like it'll be good. 

I'm actually looking forward to next week. 

So now we begin our next season, which is apparently focused on Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella. I can already tell that the singer and the security guy are going to be our gender flipped Beauty and the Beast (complete with the singer getting the big GET OUT freak out and breaking a mirror) and I guess the singers alcoholic brother and the women he met are going to be Cinderella, but I am not sure yet what our Sleeping Beauty story will be. Something with one of the two stalkers? 

• Love 1

So far I found myself enjoying the season 2 premiere much more than I did the pilot so hopefully season 2 will be more enjoyable. I'm interested in the Beauty and The Beast story and even Cinderella is intriguing me. The Sleeping Beauty one not so much. It seems Paul Weasley loves playing a creep these days, heh. 

• Love 3

The Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast stories seem to be coming along nicely, with the introduction of Cinderellas wicked step-mother and step-siblings and the love story progressing between our Belle and the Beast stand ins, and I guess that the girl who got kidnapped is going to be sleeping beauty? Because that story is giving me more Bluebeard vibes than anything. 

What is it with the actress playing Olivia/Kayla and crazy stalkers attacking her?

• Love 1

Paul Weasley's character is so creepy, I can't even, heh. 

I also really love the song that was released by Ashley. Is that her name? The 'Beast' character. 

Sadly, I think her assistant is not long for this world.  

• Love 1

I thought that this season was better than the first, they tied the three stories better together and was just a tighter story in general. It was also both less dark than the first season and more dark, as all three stories basically had happy endings, but there was a lot more twistedness in this season, especially the whole serial killer plot. I do wish that they can a few more allusions to the actual stories in the back half of the show, but I am sad that they wont get to do a season three, I would have liked to have seen what they came up with. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I enjoyed the second season more than the first. I really liked the Ashley Rose storyline and her two siblings so I was more invested in this season. I too am sad we won't get a third season because I think this show has potential and is much better than some of the crap still airing on TV. Oh well. 

• Love 2