Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
kariyaki

Dynasty (2017)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, ketose said:

In the case of Trixie, it's "gee officer, she must have jumped in the lake when she was drunk while we were sleeping.

Yes, officer, she got in a boat, rowed out to the middle of the lake, tried herself into that plastic bag and jumped in the lake when she was drunk while we were sleeping. The other body you found that was treated in the exact same way? Cowinkydink?

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Want to see Culhane get out of the jam he's in and most likely with Fallon's help.

I hope Liam is dead because I still resent why I believe he was introduced in the first place and why he's still around, and yes it has to do with race. I just saw in a previous post somebody try to say Liam made Fallon a better person but he hasn't been around that long to get that kind of credit. Culhane was the one pushing Fallon to be better and people had a problem with him for it.

Edited by mommalib
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Dead Body Disposal 101: Get rid of all identifying items like jewelry, wallets, etc. Good grief, how dumb are these people?

It's not really those ppl who are dumb, it's more likely writers and producers of Dynasty are complete infantile idiots. 

Edited by skotnikov
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, ketose said:

Wow, I really hope you meant Fallon and Liam. Whatever happened, Fallon was on top.

Lol, yeah this show is no Game of Thrones. Thanks, I fixed it. And I agree, Fallon is the boss in that relationship. I don't think she really has much respect for Liam at all. She and Culhane will likely get back together next season.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Quark said:

I hope Liam isn't dead, although that seems likely. 

I don't want Liam to be dead either, but I think it's inevitable. If he lives then what? Fallon and he live happily ever after? We know that's not going to happen, so what Fallon realizes she doesn't actually love Liam and really wants to be with Culhane.. Didn't we already do that? While I like Liam, I think it's a given that Liam is a goner.

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

She and Culhane will likely get back together next season.

I agree Fallon and Culhane will most likely get back together. Oh look we can have a love triangle between Fallon, Culhane, and Kirby. So looking forward to that.... not

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I read the season 3 synopsis and it's relatively vague except for a key plot point mentioned upthread. What I found most curious is that there was no mention of

Spoiler

Cristal

in the future plans. Hmmm.

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder what they do in season 3. When she was too good Crystal 2.0 was boring but she is equally as boring now. Honestly they went full on villain with Blake which was a mistake. The evil pair are owning being bad and we have already so many psychos already. I don't know what they want to do. Certainly it's difficult to root for Dynasty other than Fallon..

Share this post


Link to post

Damn, Liam. You were too dumb and sweet for this world.

On to season 3.

I don't think the male body is the guy that Blake killed- I think he was dumped off a cliff and it didn't look anything like the pond.

Edited by methodwriter85

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder.. If the writers listen to the fans and put Fallon with Liam why won't they ditch Crystal 2.0 and don't bring Steven back? Some fan pandering and sheer stupidity..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was away for the weekend, and even though I set my DVR to record the finale, it didn't record.  I don't have access to streaming or on demand (I'm old and resistant to change!).  My question is does the CW re-air episodes of Dynasty during the summer or should I just chuck the penultimate episode I still have in my DVR?

Edited by sugarbaker design

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I was away for the weekend, and even though I set my DVR to record the finale, it didn't record.  I don't have access to streaming or on demand (I'm old and resistant to change!).  My question is does the CW re-air episodes of Dynasty during the summer or should I just chuck the penultimate episode I still have in my DVR?

CW has a whole summer schedule they do, as do most of the other networks. Summer reruns are pretty much a thing of the past.

Short answer: no, they won't be rerunning it.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I was away for the weekend, and even though I set my DVR to record the finale, it didn't record.  I don't have access to streaming or on demand (I'm old and resistant to change!).  My question is does the CW re-air episodes of Dynasty during the summer or should I just chuck the penultimate episode I still have in my DVR?

If you have a computer with fast enough internet, you can watch it on CWtv.com, but I guess that's streaming.

Edited by ketose

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/25/2019 at 9:52 AM, ketose said:

Frankly, I forgot about the guy Blake and Crystal killed. I'm guessing Liam isn't going to die, because Adam would have to go to jail for that.

Wait, I forgot/forget too. Who did they kill? Crystal's ex that they blamed for her miscarriage? I vaguely remember Blake beating someone up, but that's it.

On 5/25/2019 at 2:48 PM, nilyank said:

Why would Adam go to jail for that? Granted we know that Adam hit him over the head and stuck him away from a bit, but Liam came out dizzy and fell in the pool. Adam was right with his family the exact moment that Liam was drowning. 

I think technically you can go to jail if you assault someone, and they later die as a side effect of the assault. Even if it wasn't the direct cause. Or if someone dies while you are committing a crime, you can be charged with felony murder (at least that is what they said on How To Get Away With Murder). 

However, whether that can be proven is a whole other matter. They would see the head injury, and Fallon would accuse Adam, but Blake would probably protect him. However, I really hope Liam is alive.

My only other thought is everyone on this show is a terrible person. And yet I still like most of them.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/25/2019 at 6:09 PM, Quark said:

I hope Liam isn't dead, although that seems likely. He makes Fallon a better person.

Adam deserves to die 1000 times.

I too really hope Liam is not dead.  

And I don't want Adam to die.  I want someone to capture him, beat him up, hold him prisoner and torture him for a few episodes for all the heinous acts that he has committed.  And I want Steven, Alexis, Jeff, Liam, Fallon and anyone else who wants to join to get a piece of the action.  

He is evil personified.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Wait, I forgot/forget too. Who did they kill? Crystal's ex that they blamed for her miscarriage? I vaguely remember Blake beating someone up, but that's it.

It was the guy Blake hired to terrorize Cristal, but called it off at the last minute. Blake thought he shot Cristal's Ex, but when he tortured him he insisted he was innocent.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/30/2019 at 1:43 AM, AnimeMania said:

It was the guy Blake hired to terrorize Cristal, but called it off at the last minute. Blake thought he shot Cristal's Ex, but when he tortured him he insisted he was innocent.

Thanks. It is coming back to me now. That was kind of terrible.

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/25/2019 at 9:52 AM, ketose said:



Jeff Colby's mother convinced him to move to the Bahamas to frame someone who isn't going to be framed. Does this mean Jeff doesn't have permanent brain damage either?

I was a little confused about this.  Presumably Jeff will eventually realize that Adam hasn't been arrested and no one is interested in solving his fake disappearance?

Cristal #3 is on her way.  I have no idea what is up with this show that cast members either leave or are fired on such a regular basis. 

Share this post


Link to post

I really did laugh when I heard they were recasting Cristal.  We had all joked about a new Cristal every season. I didn't think they would really do it. This is hilarious. But I didn't like the #2 version. Hopefully this one will be entertaining.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Cristal #3 is on her way.  I have no idea what is up with this show that cast members either leave or are fired on such a regular basis. 

At this point, the show is just messing with its viewers.

Back in the "olden days," soaps used to recast roles all the time, and people barely batted an eye. It's too bad it's not like that anymore. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Back in the "olden days," soaps used to recast roles all the time, and people barely batted an eye. It's too bad it's not like that anymore. 

I agree that shows do sometimes recast actors, and it's not a big deal.  However, I think this particular show really does seem to have trouble with its casting.  I do kind of like the campy idea of having a new Cristal every season, but I don't think they are purposefully trying for that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Quote
On 7/30/2019 at 5:16 AM, txhorns79 said:

I agree that shows do sometimes recast actors, and it's not a big deal.  However, I think this particular show really does seem to have trouble with its casting.  I do kind of like the campy idea of having a new Cristal every season, but I don't think they are purposefully trying for that. 

I completely agree that they aren't purposefully trying for that. This is one of the (many) situations where the audience and the writers are in opposition. After viewers didn't warm to Cristal 2.0, we all started joking about a new Cristal every season, but I'm sure the writers have been hoping for us to warm up to their casting changes. Ironically, whatever discord exists on the set is giving us what we want in the end. With all the cast turnover on this show in just two seasons, there must be some behind-the-scenes drama that would be entertaining to hear about, though it may be unlikely we'll ever get the dirt. 

Now if they want to keep making our dreams come true, let's bring in Madeleine Stowe as new Alexis! (Just a thought courtesy of this article: https://www.tvsnark.com/tv-news/dynasty-recast-cristal-daniella-alonso-ana-brenda-contreras)

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/31/2019 at 7:16 PM, TV Snark said:

Now if they want to keep making our dreams come true, let's bring in Madeleine Stowe as new Alexis! (Just a thought courtesy of this article: https://www.tvsnark.com/tv-news/dynasty-recast-cristal-daniella-alonso-ana-brenda-contreras) 

I'm partial to either Melinda Clarke or Daphne Zuniga.

I remember there being jokes about there being a new Cristal for Season 3 and it actually happened. The hell? LOL.

Since it's not been announced, I'll spoiler tag...

Spoiler

Liz Gillies has been posting photos of Graham Phillips, best known as Nick St. Clair from Riverdale, on her Instagram.

I think he's playing a new character. Or a recast Steven. If he is a recast Steven, he's actually closer in age to what Steven should be, because I always got the vibe that Steven was supposed to be about 28-29 and not MacKay's 35. It also kind of reminded me of how Liz Gillies general age group is still playing teenagers or college students on the CW/Freeform shows.

I mean, I could be wrong and it could just be her posting a photo of a friend, but man if this wouldn't be a neat, sly way to introduce a new Dynasty character/recast. I would be totally down for Graham to be playing Steven. He's really cute and he nails the rich boy 'tude so well.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:16 PM, TV Snark said:

With all the cast turnover on this show in just two seasons, there must be some behind-the-scenes drama that would be entertaining to hear about, though it may be unlikely we'll ever get the dirt. 

The CW boss said there's no dirt to be found, and that must be true. Sure.

Honestly, I'd bet that Ana was being told to take a paycut and said no.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

So are they saying that they are just going to pretend like she is the exact same character that left?

Why not? Soap operas used to recast roles all the time without convulted stories about disfigurements and the need for plastic surgery. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think on the daytime soaps an announcer would just say "The role of John Smith will now be played by Joe Simpson" when the new actor first appears.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ketose said:

I think on the daytime soaps an announcer would just say "The role of John Smith will now be played by Joe Simpson" when the new actor first appears.

They haven't done that in decades.   The four surviving daytime dramas usually identify a recast by having other cast members refer to them by character name. 

In this case, I am 1000% certain that Fallon and Sam will have snarky quips that mock the recast.   I really wish they had just ditched Crystal #2.  She really didnt have much of a logical storyline.  A new character, with the same name, and a new backstory would have been OK.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

In this case, I am 1000% certain that Fallon and Sam will have snarky quips that mock the recast.   I really wish they had just ditched Crystal #2.  She really didnt have much of a logical storyline.  A new character, with the same name, and a new backstory would have been OK.

At first I was thinking the same thing, but since all of Blake's rivals have turned out to be duds, Maybe Cristal's (spelling optional) father and crime syndicate might have added some spice. I would really like to see Blake use his brain to out think a rival, rather than bribe someone to make them go away.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, AnimeMania said:

So are they saying that they are just going to pretend like she is the exact same character that left?

Yes, they'll probably be a joke line that she looks different today.

Ever see when Fresh Prince changed the actress playing Aunt Viv? lol

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/6/2019 at 6:51 PM, Artsda said:

Yes, they'll probably be a joke line that she looks different today.

Ever see when Fresh Prince changed the actress playing Aunt Viv? lol

You nailed it. Fallon walking in with "Crystal!" so we know who that actress is.

So, Liam forgot Fallon. Whatever.

Also, more boos for not using the original Romantics' version of "Talking in Your Sleep."

Share this post


Link to post

I just want Fallon and Culhane to get back together. I wonder how he's gonna get out of jail. And both Blake and Crystal need to pay.

And amnesia really? 

Share this post


Link to post

As soon as Liam opened his eyes so quickly, I knew he was going to have amnesia. So soapy.

I did like all the references to Crystal being new or different.

Did someone really kill Jeff? I have no memory of that plot.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

Did someone really kill Jeff? I have no memory of that plot.

No, Jeff planted Adam's cuff link in a puddle of Jeff's blood at the scene where he faked his abduction, before Jeff left to live on a private island. Jeff 's mother retrieved the cuff link, so the police do not suspect Adam.

Why was this episode called "Guilt Trip to Alaska"?

Why did Kirby think she could stab Fallon in the back and still live in her house?

 I liked the scene with Trixie swimming in the aquarium.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1.  Cristal #3 wasnt all that bad.  I wish Fallon had a line asking if she had changed her hair.

2.  I don't get Anders quitting to work with Sam.  Presumably "La Mirage" will be miraculously completed in a couple episodes.  But what is the point?

3.  Kirby Anders just needs to go.  I guess she hasn't figured out how to use her company credit card -- or heck, even office Petty Cash -- to pay for a $100 room at one of the Atlanta Motel 6's.

4.  Not enjoying Dominique Deveraux either.  Blake just paid her at least $1M ("seven figures") and she hires a t-shirt-wearing punk local tabloid on air personality to find out about the Flores Crime Family? 

5.  I don't think Adam provides *comic relief*.  Giving snarky replies to the cops, diving under a sheet in the very tiny morgue with a dead body, splaying all over the flimsy card tables used at the aquarium celebration, or being all Three Stooge-y with his father and stepmother....  Tedious, not entertaining.  Especially since he is clearly deadly dangerous to all Carringtons. I read that the actor just finished filming the lead role in some feature film.  Maybe the actor will move on. Soon.

6. I did like the Dead Teen Girl appearing to Fallon all episode long.  Also liked Fallon seeking out the mother and freaking out with the debilitating panic attack.  I also liked that she framed the dead man for killing the teen.  I didn't see that coming and it was well plotted.

7.  Could care less about slimy tiny Liam. Having him bedridden or wheel-chair-bound makes it easier to hide the height discrepancy with Fallon.  The ex-girlfriend is a poor replacement for his mother.  Hopefully they find budget dollars to bring Sharon Lawrence back.

8. Loved that they kept the Dynasty-esque opening credits.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

3.  Kirby Anders just needs to go.  I guess she hasn't figured out how to use her company credit card -- or heck, even office Petty Cash -- to pay for a $100 room at one of the Atlanta Motel 6's.

Motel 6's are notorious for their "no wombat" policy.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Why did Kirby think she could stab Fallon in the back and still live in her house?

Kirby is an idiot! She thinks she can have her cake and eat it too! Did she really think she could stab Fallon in the back and everything would stay the same? That they would still be friends? That she could still live in the mansion? Maybe Fallon deserved to be stabbed in the back, maybe not, but for Kirby to be all butt hurt that she was getting kicked out of the mansion was ridiculous.    

11 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

6. I did like the Dead Teen Girl appearing to Fallon all episode long.  Also liked Fallon seeking out the mother and freaking out with the debilitating panic attack.  I also liked that she framed the dead man for killing the teen.  I didn't see that coming and it was well plotted.

I didn't understand why Fallon framed the dead guy? But then I didn't quite catch what Fallon was saying. Did she admit that she and Trixie were drinking and that Trixie accidently fell and died? She said Blake killed the dead guy, so Blake's still in trouble. Why not just say Blake disposed of Trixie's body? Like I said I didn't really catch what Fallon was saying. I do wonder if Fallon will also be in trouble for lying to the police? 

11 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

7.  Could care less about slimy tiny Liam. Having him bedridden or wheel-chair-bound makes it easier to hide the height discrepancy with Fallon.  The ex-girlfriend is a poor replacement for his mother.  Hopefully they find budget dollars to bring Sharon Lawrence back.

I actually like Liam, but I think Culhane is end game for Fallon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

30 minutes ago, Fireball said:

I didn't understand why Fallon framed the dead guy? But then I didn't quite catch what Fallon was saying. Did she admit that she and Trixie were drinking and that Trixie accidently fell and died? She said Blake killed the dead guy, so Blake's still in trouble. Why not just say Blake disposed of Trixie's body? Like I said I didn't really catch what Fallon was saying. I do wonder if Fallon will also be in trouble for lying to the police? 

Framing the dead guy would take the heat off Blake for disposing of Trixie's body. Of course, Adam is once again proven incompetent as his plan to get Mac cremated failed. 

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, ketose said:

Framing the dead guy would take the heat off Blake for disposing of Trixie's body. Of course, Adam is once again proven incompetent as his plan to get Mac cremated failed. 

But didn't Fallon say Blake killed dead guy? So Blake still is in hot water for that. Or did Fallon imply Blake had to kill dead guy in self defense.  I guess I should do watch that part again, but I'm too lazy. lol 

Share this post


Link to post

I could be totally wrong here, but what I think happened was that Fallon said Trixie was drinking and accidentally fell over the banister. Whether Trixie was dead or not I am not sure, then Mac dumped the body in the lake.

I think Adam did what Blake had already done, switch one body for another, thus causing the autopsy to be preformed on the correct body.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So we're going to do an homage to the Vow for Liam and Fallon? Okay. I wonder if this means that Liam will act like a snobby rich kid as per what happened to Rachel McAdams in that movie, but then slowly realize the error of his ways.

Cristal 3 is fine. Hopefully Cristal 4 will be even better!

Kirby is fucking stupid. Wow. She really thought she could screw over Fallon and get to live in the mansion with the rest of them?

Am I the only one looking forward to the hotel plot? I like Anders and Sammy Jo's mentorship together.

I'm just really glad they're not dragging out the Trixie plot. Ugh, this would have been the wrong show for an extended murder mystery.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Cristal 3 is fine. Hopefully Cristal 4 will be even better!

I really do hope this becomes some kind of running joke with a new Cristal each season. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Fireball said:

Kirby is an idiot! She thinks she can have her cake and eat it too! Did she really think she could stab Fallon in the back and everything would stay the same? That they would still be friends? That she could still live in the mansion? Maybe Fallon deserved to be stabbed in the back, maybe not, but for Kirby to be all butt hurt that she was getting kicked out of the mansion was ridiculous.    

I didn't understand why Fallon framed the dead guy? But then I didn't quite catch what Fallon was saying. Did she admit that she and Trixie were drinking and that Trixie accidently fell and died? She said Blake killed the dead guy, so Blake's still in trouble. Why not just say Blake disposed of Trixie's body? Like I said I didn't really catch what Fallon was saying. I do wonder if Fallon will also be in trouble for lying to the police? 

I actually like Liam, but I think Culhane is end game for Fallon.

I hope your right about Fallon's endgame.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I really do hope this becomes some kind of running joke with a new Cristal each season. 

Oh, I'm down for it. They just need to go with it.

Since this is the same Cristal character from last season though, I hope we see her sexy closeted male relative come back. He was hot.

22 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Kirby Anders just needs to go. 

I feel like they cast her to play a sexy troublemaking vixen a la Valerie Malone, but then they realized she couldn't pull it off so they're at a loss at how to write her. Something similar happened with Sammy, but then they realized that Sammy's at his most likeable around Anders hence the hotel plot.

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Fireball said:

But didn't Fallon say Blake killed dead guy? So Blake still is in hot water for that. Or did Fallon imply Blake had to kill dead guy in self defense.  I guess I should do watch that part again, but I'm too lazy. lol 

No, Fallon didn't say Blake killed the dead guy. She just admitted that Trixie fell. They tried to make it seem like she was going to throw Blake under the bus for getting rid of the body, but then she gave them the dead guy's name. 

Blake got arrested for killing the other guy because they found Blake's DNA on the dead body. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size