Type keyword(s) to search

Dynasty (2017) - General Discussion

Bort
  • Start Topic

On 5/21/2022 at 3:16 PM, KittenPokerCheater said:

Feel like it would be good for the show to go out on a "...and I'm pregnant everyone!" note, since Anders can't come back from the dead.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards that, although I'm assuming that Fallon's final storyline will be her search for a surrogate.

• Love 1

Tv Line Items:  Charisma on Dynasty

Charisma Carpenter (Veronica Mars, Angel) will guest-star on an upcoming episode of The CW’s Dynasty, TVLine has learned exclusively. She will play Heather, a former babysitter of Fallon’s who makes a surprise return — and drops a huge bombshell on the Carringtons. Expect to see her in Episode 17, airing Friday, July 8 at 9/8c.

• Love 1

Ding-dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch! Ding-dong! The Wicked Witch is dead. That's what went through my head. 

Liam and Fallon are totally going to be suspects in the witch's death. They just had a very public argument with the deceased where she threatened to removed Liam from her will.

I don't think Adam did a very good job wiping all his fingerprints off.  Also, wouldn't it have been better to have turned her back over? With her on her back it looks more like murder where if Adam had turned her back over on her stomach it might look more like the accident that it was. 

Kirby and Amanda. I don't care. I'm bored with the story. I'm also bored with Michael's story. I don't think the writers know what to do with him.

I can't remember why Amanda hates Adam so much and is intent on ruining his career.  I've never like Adam, but good job Amanda, you made me feel just a bit sorry for him. 

(edited)
On 6/7/2022 at 7:54 PM, Artsda said:

I love Adam, Amanda can go. She brings nothing. 

I still don't get the point of bringing her on the show. If they were trying to follow the OG Show, Steven was supposed to come back with a surgically reconstructed new face after getting burned and they didn't do that. Her droll line delivery belongs on a British sitcom, not a campy melodrama.

And now we're getting Ben Carrington, a 1-season character that the OG show clearly thought was a flop? I don't get it. There's not much time left to this show. They shouldn't be introducing new storylines unless it's something along the lines of stuff like "Wow, Sammy's hot blond boy toy is back and they're going to move off to France to live happily ever after" or "Oh hey, Kirby and Amanda are getting married and moving to England so we'll never see them again, byeeeeeeeee!!!!"

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

That was always the schedule.

6/3/22 (Fr.)9:00 PMThe CW(#514) Vicious Vendetta

6/24/22 (Fr.)9:00 PMThe CW(#515) Ben

7/1/22 (Fr.)9:00 PMThe CW(#516) My Family, My Blood

7/8/22 (Fr.)9:00 PMThe CW(#517) There's No One Around to Watch You Drown

• Thanks 3
(edited)
On 7/21/2022 at 7:46 PM, DXD526 said:

5.19, But a Drug Scandal?, is on the schedule for 8/12. CW is adding these episodes slowly, I guess they don't want us to know yet when it's going to end. 

I like to think they're re-tooling the episodes to wrap the series up but who knows. Other than Steve, there's nothing really to wrap up because this show blew through storylines like season 1 of the O.C. Laura died. On a normal show, there would have been an entire murder mystery. But on this show, it was just an afterthought.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Thanks 1

I love how in the flashback scenes during the trial, Elaine Hendrix played a young Alexis when we all know she should have looked like a young Nicollette Sheridan.  This show... 😂

Sometimes I appreciate how budget this show is when the only people apparently participating in Fallon's bachelor auction are main cast members and one extra.  

I'm also not quite sure that Dominque's security person would still be on the job after assaulting her assistant.   

• Love 1
On 8/14/2022 at 10:19 PM, WatcherUatl10 said:

Liam's an idiot. Even plagiarists alter their copies somewhat by using word replace and other tricks. Like Sam changing up that sandwich to make it his own.

Liam's story reminds me of the book The Plot. But at least that writer only stole an idea and not an actual manuscript.

At least he has the decency to say he co-wrote it with the dead guy rather than totally claiming credit. But he's obviously going to get caught. I feel like it is sort of character assassination to say he'd do it at all.

On 8/17/2022 at 12:38 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

The problem with the slow roll is that I completely forget what is happening between episodes. I guess just end it already.

At this point the CW doesn't care. They know the show is over, they know it's going to live on streaming on Netflix, and because it hit 100 episodes, they'll be able to run it on whatever station will take it for syndication. This is actually a pretty solid show for syndication purposes because it was never really big on season-long arcs.

On 8/13/2022 at 5:05 PM, txhorns79 said:

Sometimes I appreciate how budget this show is when the only people apparently participating in Fallon's bachelor auction are main cast members and one extra.  

You can just tell the difference with the show budget when you compare the first season, which had at more extras and current music playing, vs. the budget now. I've always assumed that Nicolette Sheridan left because she was asked to take a pay cut and she said hell no. 

On 8/11/2022 at 1:52 PM, Genius said:

I love how in the flashback scenes during the trial, Elaine Hendrix played a young Alexis when we all know she should have looked like a young Nicollette Sheridan.  This show... 😂

I'm pretty sure that's not the first show flashback that they had Elaine Hendrix playing Alexis instead of Nicollette Sheridan, or someone who looks like her.

Maybe Adam will run into Steven when he goes to a prison. (A boy can dream, can't he?)

Counting down to the Series Finale.

Somewhat dull summaries.

I wonder if they re-worked scripts at all?

First Kidnapping and Now Theft Season5 Episode520 Airdate 09/2/2022

BIG PROMISES – As Blake (Grant Show) institutes damage control to help Adam (Sam Underwood), Cristal offers advice which falls flat.  Sam (Rafael de la Fuente) finds out about an unexpected presence at La Mirage and he and Culhane (Robert C. Riley) enlist Liam (Adam Huber) to help with the situation. Meanwhile, Alexis (Elaine Hendrix) wants to bond with her daughters, so she goes to extreme measures to win over Fallon (Elizabeth Gillies) and Amanda (Eliza Bennett). Lastly, Kirby (Maddison Brown) implements a new life policy and Jeff (Sam Adegoke) is not pleased with the results. The episode was written by Chris Erric Maddox and directed by Pat Santana (#520).  Original airdate 9/2/2022

More Power to Her Season5 Episode521 Airdate 09/9/2022

IS ALL AS IT SEEMS? – Tension remains between Blake (Grant Show) and Cristal (Daniella Alonso) as they disagree on business matters and Blake calls in a favor to solve the problem. Alexis (Elaine Hendrix) prepares for Fallon (Elizabeth Gillies) and Liam’s (Adam Huber) baby shower and of course goes over the top! Dominique (Michael Michele) realizes something of great importance to Jeff (Sam Adegoke) is missing, which causes Jeff to question his recent decisions. Sam (Rafael de la Fuente) finds out some compromising information about the hotel and confides in Culhane (Robert C. Riley) and the two come up with a plan to make the problem go away. Adam (Sam Underwood) makes matters worse for his family situation. With Kirby (Maddison Brown) and Amanda (Eliza Bennett) still on shaky ground, Kirby goes to extreme measures to hopefully appease Amanda, and may have found a new majordomo for the Manor in the process. The episode was written by Libby Wells and directed by Michael Allowitz (#521).  Original airdate 9/9/2022.

https://cwtvpr.com/the-cw/shows/dynasty/

On 9/3/2022 at 5:04 PM, Quark said:

I'm very glad Blake isn't supporting Adam any longer.

Adam has done some awful things, but so has Blake. Seems kind of hypocritical of him to cut Adam off for his latest trouble. He's only doing it to help himself.

If Liam knew Sam wasn't really calling the cops, why did he act so worried about pulling the sting.

2 hours ago, ketose said:

I'm thinking chances are high that Steven shows up in the finale.

I feel very much like Graham kidnapping Adam has something to do with Steven.  I do hope the finale gives some closure.  I don't know if they had finished filming before they found out they were cancelled.

• Love 1

I actually feel bad for Adam.  There's no denying he's done some horrible things like shoving his mother's head into a fireplace, framing her for murder, medical malpractice, poisoning Jeff and what he did to Steven.  However, he has also done good things like helping save Cristal's life when she was ill, helping out Sam & Culhane with that electrocution/blackmail guy, helping Fallon with that out of town issue and he was so great with the woman carrying Fallon's child. I feel he needs to be sent to an institution where he can get some help. He has good in him, but does all these awful things.  I just hope that whatever happens to him that he is not abandoned by everyone.  The actor is hilarious and also plays emotional parts very well. 

Lastly, I hope the Steven issue is addressed. It would be nice to see him, but even if it gets dealt with off screen would give us some closure. I hate how he is almost never mentioned anymore since his disappearance.  

9 hours ago, A.J. said:

Lastly, I hope the Steven issue is addressed. It would be nice to see him, but even if it gets dealt with off screen would give us some closure. I hate how he is almost never mentioned anymore since his disappearance.  

They have mentioned him a few times recently, so maybe there is a chance he'll show up/be referenced?

But there seems like a LOT they need to wrap up. And they just added new conflict with Amanda's ex. I don't see how everything can get a satisfying conclusion.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WatcherUatl10 said:

Original recipe Steven was replaced due to "plastic surgery" by another actor after Moldovia. I suspect Graham might actually BE a surgically altered Steven, which would also tie into the Sammy storyline, seeing as how he decided not to pursue the stripper, who wanted something more permanent, as is usually the case with strippers...I hope Fallon and Liam name the daughter Krystle, because there can never be enough.

Actually, Al Corley, who originated the role of Steven Carrington in the 80s series, left the series much earlier that the Moldavian storyline. Steven vanished at the end of Season 2, and was later replaced by Jack Coleman during Season 3, when it was discovered Steven had undergone facial reconstruction surgery after an oil rig explosion. The Moldavian storyline didn't start until Season 5, after Amanda makes her debut as another Carrington child, who becomes involved with Prince Michael of Moldavia.

I would love to see James Mackay back as Steven in the reboot, even if just for a brief scene, but I fear that ship sailed long ago. Steven had the potential to be a truly interesting character in both versions of the series. Unfortunately, the character was written extremely inconsistently in the 80s version, and was completely ignored during the majority of the current version, so his potential will remain untapped - unless/until another reboot happens.

I have to say, for a uneven show, this was a pretty satisfying finale. I was pretty sure Steven was Graham after plastic surgery, so the Mission Impossible twist was a fun surprise. Also, Adam ends up back where he started, except with a fake real British accent.

The time jump also seemed likely since they just did one and it's a finale. So, this season took place over about 18 months. No really big changes with the rest of the family, which is fine because Fallon and others generally bored me anyway. 

• Love 1

It wrapped up nicely, glad they got Steven back. Adam just being sent away alone and nobody cared seemed odd. And he's gone to London where his sister and now Kirby is going?

Good pointing out Kirby and Amanda share a sibling. 

Didn't Colhane hate Blake? He's having him host his wedding and take a family photo with him? 

I'm glad they were able to give the show a definitive ending.  I never thought the Steven character was that interesting, but he and Fallon did have a nice sibling chemistry.  Fallon's joy at seeing him did feel very real, and it was nice he was able to return for the ending.  I also appreciate the call out to the continuity that Steven is Kirby's brother. 

I'll miss this very silly show.  Kudos to Liz Gillies for making this whole thing work.          

• Love 2

That was a nice way to end the series, but I will miss watching Fallon swan around and causing chaos.  And I was SO happy ro aww Steven back.  I missed him.

BUT- now that it's over, can someone explain to me if Adam was actually related to the Carringtons?  I still do not understand that whole storyline.

6 hours ago, Artsda said:

Good pointing out Kirby and Amanda share a sibling. 

For that matter, so do Kirby and Adam. I guess she likes to keep it in the family.

9 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

BUT- now that it's over, can someone explain to me if Adam was actually related to the Carringtons?  I still do not understand that whole storyline.

Adam was the "lost" Carrington who was kidnapped as a baby by his "mother" (the one he basically poisoned when he found out he was a Carrington). He is a full sibling to Fallon and Amanda.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

So how does Steven fit in?  Is he also a full sibling or is he Ander's child?

Steven was raised by Blake, but later was found out to be Ander's child following an affair with Alexis.  If I remember right, Blake had said that he still considers Steven his son regardless of whether he is the biological father.   

• Like 1

Nice rundown of the finale and the producers' plan if there had been a Season Six.

https://tvline.com/lists/dynasty-series-finale-ending-explained-steven-returns-james-mackay-interview/cristal-recast/

This made me laugh

TVLINE | Did you ever try to get any of the other actors back who left over the years? Like maybe a dream sequence with all three Cristals?
I think it definitely did come up at one point, having all of the Cristals together somehow. Obviously that didn’t pan out, but we tried to get as much history as possible. It would have been funny to see them all together.

Honestly, they could have easily done it when Blake was watching the Alexis-Dex reunion in the rainy Appalachian woods. Just a 30 second flashback, featuring each of the Krystles for 10 seconds each.

Oh well.

• Love 2
On 9/17/2022 at 2:30 PM, Artsda said:

It wrapped up nicely, glad they got Steven back. Adam just being sent away alone and nobody cared seemed odd. And he's gone to London where his sister and now Kirby is going?

I'm not sure what off-screen intrigue caused them to "de-Steven" the show for much of its run, but it was nice, if not entirely surprising, to have him back one more time. The face-peeling reveal was fun and in concert with the light and frothy spirit of the show.

I suspected that sending half the kids (Amanda & Adam + Kirby) to London was a set up for the "next" season, and that there may have been a bit of scrambling to do when the writers learned this was it. While the ending didn't quite have the gravitas of say last scene of Six Feet Under, the closing scene here with the family picture was still well done. I think the last scene of the revisited original Dynasty made years after that ended might have done something similar, but my memory is a bit fuzzy on that.

I was also a nice touch to give "Fallon" and "Steven" one last song together too. Liz Gilles has a wonderful voice and it's always a pleasure to hear it. She always sounded great on this show with whomever she's paired.

• Love 1

I thought it was a pretty satisfying finale. Brining back Stephen brought closure to a lot of things. 

The wrap up of Fallon's company drama was kind of rushed and I didn't totally love it. She had wanted to start her own company that wasn't part of her family's legacy and it ended up being a Carrington company anyway?

And I assume they had planned for more fallout from Liam's plagiarism thing. He just had a line after the time jump that he "cleared things up" and got to do a forward for the book? In reality, no one would want to touch him after he admitted to stealing someone else's work. But I will accept it because I like happy endings.

• Like 1

I like that they were able to bring back Steven and that James MacKay was willing to come back given the B.S. that happened. 

On 9/17/2022 at 2:30 PM, Artsda said:

Adam just being sent away alone and nobody cared seemed odd. And he's gone to London where his sister and now Kirby is going?

I think that might have been the storyline for a potential season 6 but whatever, the show is done and I'm taking the ending as Adam being someone who will eventually connive his way back into the family.

The finale was fun, light, and frothy, which is how I liked the show and I'm glad that's what they went with. I'm also glad we didn't get the cliffhanger finale that OG Dynasty had.

• Love 1