Type keyword(s) to search

Dynasty (2017) - General Discussion

Bort
  • Start Topic

Who is dead in six months?  Will it be Liam?  

This episode sure wanted us to think so. Liam's face being so ridiculously blasted from the picture? Too funny! I wonder if a different character will be 'marked' in each episode leading up to the reveal? Wouldn't put it past this show!

Glad they're finally married! I thought she was going to go back to the bench and courthouse at first when they left the wedding at the house. I also thought Crystal #2 would end up walking her down the aisle like #1 did. 

Culhane as the option for the witness considering all that history there was odd. Should have been Crystal.  

After Alexis murdered Crystal's ex and killed her baby, her getting her win of the house and CA is ugh to me. I would have hoped she'd lose, forever, she should pay a lot for that. I was hoping someone would get the money in the end.

I was kinda hoping the whole season would be about Fallon and Liam triying to get married and each time the try to hold the ceremony and each time some kind of “drama” puts the kibosh on it.

But they are married now, and I bet that at least *one* of the people in the orchestra pit will be paralyzed- or at least pretends to be.  

I wonder what will happen to Kirby?

I remember Blake putting up his personal assets last week, but I missed it was a load that was due in about a day? Is that fast a load a real thing? I am also confused because if this oil guy didn't give him the oil he promised, Blake shouldn't have to pay him. So what happened to the money he borrowed?

I know it is just a plot device, but it makes no sense. He was a really ass for asking Fallon for money on her wedding day. 

Also, if Fallon has over $100 million why is she still living at Blake's? She could buy her own mansion with her own servants to make huge breakfast spreads.

17 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Also, if Fallon has over $100 million why is she still living at Blake's? She could buy her own mansion with her own servants to make huge breakfast spreads.

You are looking for logic in a series where there is none to be had. 

• LOL 2

I do enjoy the camp of this show and especially enjoy the episodes that highlight Elizabeth Gillies' singing voice. As I recall she and the actor that played Steven sang really well together. I appreciate how the show tries as often as possible to have Elizabeth sing. 

As for Adam, with Kirby not pulling away from him after he confessed most of his sins I wonder if he will come completely clean and admit to her what he did to her half brother Steven. Oh by the way, I also did a gaslight number on your brother and he's now a bit more mental than he was. And did I mention that I tried to kill Jeff with poisoned laced paint.  

I assumed Evan would be the funeral Fallon attends in 6 months but now I'm not so sure. I don't think it will be any of the core cast though. Everyone is finally finding their character groove and making things click and connect. 

After some of the ups and downs of season one who knew I'd be happy to see this show renewed for a fifth season. Go show Go. 

I keep trying to watch this show live and get baseball games....why would the CW bring it back in May, just to pre-empting it every week?

I guess it isn't happening everywhere, but I'm in the NYC-area, which is a huge market to miss. Plus, it is extra annoying because the only other place I can find to watch it is the CW on my ipad. 

• Love 1

Kirby still being into Adam after finding out what he did, makes me wonder about her. Girl you should be running as fast as you can the other way.  Maybe she's done something horrible in her past too?, or does she honestly think Adam has changed because he loves her? Is she that stupid?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Fireball said:

Kirby still being into Adam after finding out what he did, makes me wonder about her. Girl you should be running as fast as you can the other way.  Maybe she's done something horrible in her past too?, or does she honestly think Adam has changed because he loves her? Is she that stupid?

Not that it follows the original Dynasty with its OTP (no Jeff/Fallon) but Adam and Kirby ended up together in the reunion movie. In the original, Adam was way more horrible/obsessive with Kirby than this Adam is on this show with this Kirby.

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 5/21/2021 at 10:45 PM, KaveDweller said:

I keep trying to watch this show live and get baseball games....why would the CW bring it back in May, just to pre-empting it every week?

Live ratings don't matter because the show is pretty much being produced to run on Netflix after they've done the season on the CW.

On 5/16/2021 at 12:58 AM, TimWil said:

A friend of mine auditioned last month for Amanda. She said it was a fun scene. She’s never watched either version of Dynasty and her eyes widened as I filled her in on the character. I actually worked back in the late 1980s for the agents for Karen Cellini (NuAmanda) so that made it even more weird.

They won't bring back Steven, but they're going to bring in a reboot version of Amanda, a character no one liked. Seriously? They've have to twist the Amanda origin story because as written, Alexis didn't get banished from Carrington Manor until 2007 so her secret "I won't tell Blake about you as revenge!" child should only be 14.

Anyway, nice shorts on Liam. I'm going to take that as an homage to the OG season 1 scene when the super-sexy John James wore short shorts and hung out at the pool. Gawd, he was beautiful. Anyway, PSTD Fallon trying to have a beautiful honeymoon while there was a press conference in the background was pretty hysterical.

I was surprised this show remembered that Cristal Jennings is a physical therapist. Hell, I forgot it because that was season 2 Cristal of the Super-Long Hair. Of course Blake is going to try and romance her during physical therapy.

Also, there has apparently never been any commercial diamond mines in Georgia but whatever. There were only  two in the U.S.- one in Arkansas and another in Colorado. 

I'm curious to see what if any kind of game Lachlan Buchanan is trying to pull here. I've been following the guy for a bit since his appearance on the Young and the Restless due to his Abercrombie and Fitch looks. Maybe he's been hired by someone who wants to get the hotel away from Sam? That'd be the only reason I can think of. It can't be for money unless Sam got a really good divorce settlement from Steven. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Just caught up on the last two episodes:
S4E3
A chill divorce? Given who's involved that doesn't seem likely. Alexis will only be chill when she's dead.

Mined diamonds are finally falling out of favor with more jewelers moving to lab-grown stones. The lab-grown diamonds are said to be virtually indistinguishable from the mined kind, at least to the untrained and naked eye. I think Dynasty is behind the curve on this one.

Fallon Nightingale, lol. In a bodycon dress and high heels.

Just what you need when you're recovering from a gut stabbing, a cement facial. I winced on Kirby's behalf.

I still really like Culhane and Jeff's friendship.

And just like that Blake is reeling Cristal back in. She's probably still going to be Fleabagging the hot priest though.

Boy did Alexis make a mistake lying to Jeff about the mineral rights. She knew how vengeful he is and that he can hold a grudge like nobody's business.

S4E4
Hot Priest, when Cristal says you don't need to worry about Blake, you do need to worry about Blake. That guy is used to getting what he wants and he wants his wife back.

Cheese with flecks of gold leaf? Bleh.

Whoa, those tight pants had Liam had on during the first Lucy segment. Even in B&W you could tell what he's working with. 👀

Sam trying to pretend to be straight to hit on the reporter. She almost busted out laughing in his face.

"Colbys in Ice." Ehhhh, no Dominique, just no. Just when you think she can't be more tacky...

I figured Blake just would have Hot Priest killed and be done with it. Not sure what warning him ahead of time accomplishes. Something tells me Hot Priest knows how to handle himself and he's not going down so easily.

And just like that Jeff folded and let Dominique and Alexis win. Aw man.

Uh oh, apparently Culhane has brushed up against an international gambling syndicate. Yep, still betting he's the one whose funeral Fallon will be attending.

I decidedly didn't watch WandaVision so I feel like I didn't fully appreciate the homage or whatever this episode was doing.

• Love 1

Colhane is stupid to confront the ring leader. 

The Alexis has the house plot needs to end. Or might as well everyone will live at the hotel.

Sam's husband from Vegas is a stripper isn't he? What stripper has a formal office in their house? That was a nice office for someone with no money.

Sam's husband from Vegas is a stripper isn't he? What stripper has a formal office in their house? That was a nice office for someone with no money.

I think the stripper is also a grifter and that he's working a long con on Sam.

I wish they would use the original music for the intros every week.  I love it.  Sometimes they use it and sometimes they don't.  It just makes me smile when I hear it.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/31/2021 at 12:55 PM, LakeGal said:

Glad I wasn't the only one staring at Liam's crotch in those super tight pants in the Lucy clip.  

I wasn't able to watch last weeks episode; sounds like I missed something big! :D 

Edited by Fireball
  • LOL 1

Yikes, why was Jeff dressed like the Riddler at the beginning of the episode? Was it a CW inside joke?

It's amazing the deputy commissioner hadn't been #metoo'd already. Guess he'd been choosing his victims carefully.

Good to see Monica back though apparently it was just a one and done.

I wasn't able to watch last weeks episode; sounds like I missed something big! :D

It was funny to me because it was so noticeable. They practically had a spotlight aimed at it.

23 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Was Fallon's "suit" at the beginning just a blazer with no shirt under it, so everyone could see her bra? 

Yes, it was like that old Seinfeld episode where the woman wore her bra as a top.  It was an odd look for someone who was so concerned about showing up their father. 

On 5/30/2021 at 9:45 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think the stripper is also a grifter and that he's working a long con on Sam.

I feel like this is some kind of con as well, though maybe not, since he apparently is a legitimate law school student?  Though I kind of feel like everything involving Sam is kind of superfluous at this point?  You could lift him out of the series and I don't think it would have any real effect on the overall show. 

• Love 3

There really trying to lay it on thick that Liam is the one that is going to die. I hope it's not, he's very good at grounding Fallon.

Although judging by the end of the episode, maybe it will be Crystal (most likely she is pregnant though and isn't sure who the Father is). 

On 6/12/2021 at 6:50 PM, txhorns79 said:

I feel like this is some kind of con as well, though maybe not, since he apparently is a legitimate law school student?  

The stripper/student is destined for a crush on Culhane.

There will be some type of misunderstanding, with both ending up naked as Sam walks in.

Given the change in the writing for Culhane, and the actor's move from brooding to gay bestie, I won't be all that surprised if Culhane suddenly initiates a romantic kiss with the stripper.

It took 6 episodes to get from an annulment to cohabiting in the same city. Might take another dozen for the drama to peak.

(edited)

Blake calling Fallon's assistant Martina "doll." Meh.

And there it is, Ryan subtly starting to work Sam for money. He's good. It's just a matter of time before Sammy is putting money into Ryan's bank account to keep him from having to strip to pay his bills.

Culhane can drop seven figures on a car. Wow, how rich is he now?

Why are they dressing Cristal like Stevie Nicks circa 1980, except not all in black? All those layers of drapey clothing aren't hiding much.

I'm really starting to like Adam and Kirby as a power couple. They make excellent partners in crime.

Hmm, would 007's British sportscar have had the steering wheel on the left side?

Whoa, so maybe Cristal is going to be pregnant after all. (Over on reddit they're seeming rather confident she's not and that it's an illness of some sort.)

The stripper/student is destined for a crush on Culhane.

There will be some type of misunderstanding, with both ending up naked as Sam walks in.

Is this a spoiler? If so, I think spoiler-tagging it would be great.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

Lol, Fallon got Liam a playmate.

My potty.

Fallon singing Drops of Jupiter was not on my Dynasty bingo card. She killed it though.

Is Liam becoming an alcoholic?

Nash went from zero to psycho awfully quick. Did Liam really have no idea his old pal was an a-hole?

Whee, Kirby played Alexis like a piano, and Blake and Dominique have been running this diamond scam on her for a while apparently.

• Love 1
On 6/19/2021 at 6:57 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Last night’s episode was old-time Dynasty soapy. Fallon, Kirby, Blake and Dominique all scheming. Plus Liz singing. Good episode. 

I know sometimes they can overdo it, but man I love hearing Liz sing. She's fantastic. It's kind of awesome that they have three cast members (Fallon, Liz, and Sam) that can all sing. Too bad Steven can't show up with his piano skills. LOL.

It's funny though because you know how low the budget is that they can't afford to license recent music. I can't remember the last time I heard a relatively recent pop hit on this show.

On 6/20/2021 at 6:49 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nash went from zero to psycho awfully quick. Did Liam really have no idea his old pal was an a-hole?

It was so weird. I thought he was an established character I just didn't remember (this show has burned through a lot of characters) but according to IMDB this is the only time we've seen Nash. This felt like a storyline that should have been with a character that appeared in at least a few episodes.

• Love 1
(edited)

Heh, was EG hoping to get cast as Catwoman at some point?

Nah, Sam, if they cheat with you they'll cheat on you. Fletcher is still bad news.

Go in for a pregnancy test, come out with a brain tumor. That's pretty soapy. My favorite comment from reddit:

only in a soap could a brain tumor be diagnosed by a blood test by an OB-GYN

Dominique and Alexis' textbook catfight leads to a cave in. Of course. Bet neither of them has a cell phone, or they're too deep down to get reception, or they're going to discover an entry to the Underground Railroad.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
On 6/26/2021 at 6:51 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nah, Sam, if they cheat with you they'll cheat on you. Fletcher is still bad news.

But he's so hot. He's a scruffy Matt Bomer, which is so freakin' hot. My libido prefers him over Ryan, in all honesty, lol. That hairy chest!

So Amanda is officially a go. Ugh, can we at least make her queer? 

Is Cristal bonding with Adam? That could make things...interesting.

I liked Colin. He was slimy, but in a fun way. I hope we see him again.

• Love 1

Cristal and Adam being so amicable after everything is weird to watch. 

I feel like they're missing a lot of the grand events every episode this year, even the wedding wasn't much of a wedding. I guess it's budget. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

But he's so hot. He's a scruffy Matt Bomer, which is so freakin' hot.

I think when he originally appeared a season or two ago, he was dubbed the "poor man's Matt Bomer."  I feel like he's the actor you get when you can't afford the real thing.   

I'm wondering if with her diagnosis it will be Kristal #3 in the casket.  Perhaps that will set the scene for Kristal #4.

I also presume that Dominique was probably telling the truth that she is not actually divorced from her last husband, even if she claimed she was lying.

14 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

So Amanda is officially a go.

If I recall the original one, she actually was Blake's child, so it's interesting that Alexis is claiming this one is not. 

So it looks like it's either going to be Liam or Crystal that ends up dying. I feel like it's going to be Liam, considering all the subtle nods there have been to it this season, but I'm hoping it's Crystal. We need a new one!

2 hours ago, Quark said:

So it looks like it's either going to be Liam or Crystal that ends up dying. I feel like it's going to be Liam, considering all the subtle nods there have been to it this season, but I'm hoping it's Crystal. We need a new one!

Honestly, it's a running joke and I need the show to keep going with it. Is Brenda Song done with maternity leave yet?

Alexis and Dominique were missing for more than 24 hours? How fortunate for them there was food and water down there.

Test drive two high-performance cars at the same time. Sure. For all Culhane and Jeff know Mia was trying out a whole lot full of gear sticks. 🙄 I just did not like her.

A hot air balloon ride at night over a busy city. Yeah, no. Not unless it was on a long tether.

And just like that Kirby becomes a fashion model. Pure soapiness.

Nice callback to OG Dynasty (again) with that burned champagne line.

Oy, I think having an adultery child that you stashed away on another continent beats having an undissolved marriage any day of the week.

Since there are now three candidates for potential death (Liam by murder, Cristal by brain tumor, and Kirby by drug overdose) I'm now wondering if perhaps it'll be a three-casket funeral with Fallon, Blake, and Adam all mourning the loss of their partner.

On 7/7/2021 at 2:04 AM, nilyank said:

As is Cristal's brain tumor.

I really need them to do this.

Come on, show. I'm generally okay with them not copying every little thing from the OG show, but this needs to happen.

• LOL 2

Alexis may have brought the ex, but Kirby jumping back to drugs is all on her. Interesting Anders has 2 children who are addicts. 

I liked the wedding redo, but weird no guests. Un-Dynasty to not make it a huge affair.

So is Liam kidnapped?

• Love 1

Kirby isn't really thin enough to be a fashion model, IMO. Not even for catalogs.

"There are a lot of muffins out there and sometimes it gets confusing and you try an old one." Oh, Sam, never change.

Was surprised to see the Apple logo on Fallon's laptop. Unless it was deliberate product placement, it's my understanding they're very picky about where they allow their logo to be seen.

Kirby's photographer ex doesn't know who he's messing with. Alexis didn't do him any favors putting him in Adam's sights.

Sassy and snarky Culhane is the best.

Jeff must've been the best-dressed IT guy ever.

Oh Sam, of course you screwed up the business deal with your unnecessary messiness. But what are the odds they went to the strip club where Ryan worked? Doesn't pass the smell test to me. I still think Ryan is running a long con.

13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh Sam, of course you screwed up the business deal with your unnecessary messiness. But what are the odds they went to the strip club where Ryan worked? Doesn't pass the smell test to me. I still think Ryan is running a long con.

Did we even know Ryan was still working as a stripper? I thought Sam was going to be upset to hear that.

I know Jeff's whole point was about how Fallon was selfish/controlling/etc, but I kind of have to admire how nothing deters her from whatever her goal of the day is. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Did we even know Ryan was still working as a stripper?

Yeah, that was surprising because didn't Culhane give him a scholarship to cover his law school expenses?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

Kirby seems expendable now. She's just stupid, she was fine with the druggie ex being paid by Alexis and said she needs to stay away from Adams family but then wants to continue to live in the mansion?

Good for Anders kicking her out. 

No Liam mention at all? 

Is Adam going to fall for Crystal?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Kirby seems expendable now. She's just stupid, she was fine with the druggie ex being paid by Alexis and said she needs to stay away from Adams family but then wants to continue to live in the mansion?

Good for Anders kicking her out. 

No Liam mention at all? 

Of all the characters, Liam is the most expendable. He only has any connection with Fallon and never really has a story on his own.

All the other characters are shown to have friendships, rivalries, or interactions.

For example, Sam is no longer related the Carringtons but he still has stories, and friendships with Michael and Kirby.

Liam is currently investigating a story, offscreen and no one seems to notice or miss him including Fallon.

6 hours ago, nilyank said:

For example, Sam is no longer related the Carringtons but he still has stories, and friendships with Michael and Kirby.

Sam is lucky in that he has La Mirage, which the show uses as a gathering place for nearly all the peripheral characters (Jeff, Culhane, Sam, Kirby, etc.)  I do find it interesting that this version of Dynasty is so Fallon-centric that nearly all the characters who were central to the original Dynasty (Blake, Krystle, Alexis) are treated as secondary to her.   

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/24/2021 at 3:00 PM, txhorns79 said:

I do find it interesting that this version of Dynasty is so Fallon-centric that nearly all the characters who were central to the original Dynasty (Blake, Krystle, Alexis) are treated as secondary to her.   

The biggest problem with the Blake/Kristle/Alexis triangle is that Blake really hasn't had chemistry with any of the 3 Cristals, or any of the 2 Alexis. The only decent sexual chemistry I've seen him have is with Liam's mother played by Sharon Lawrence. (Gee, it's so shocking that Grant Show would have sexual chemistry with a woman his own age instead of the various Cristals who have all been cast with much younger actresses.) I feel like the show realized this and has pretty much completely backed away from any indication that Alexis wants Blake.

I do think this show pretty much has Fallon as the star everyone revolves around. Luckily Liz Gillies is awesome and this show doesn't take itself too seriously. I'm here for the outfits and Fallon's one-liners and occasional voice impressions and/or singing.

On 7/17/2021 at 10:47 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Kirby isn't really thin enough to be a fashion model, IMO. Not even for catalogs.

For me it's the age thing. She has to be at a minimum in her mid-20's (the actress is 24 but I think Kirby is actually a little older than that and is closer to Fallon's age of 29) and no one gets recruited for modeling when they're past legal drinking age.

On 7/23/2021 at 10:21 PM, Artsda said:

I personally think he's going to see her as like his mother figure.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
(edited)

ABC: Accuse. Blackmail. Cheat. It's the Carrington way!

Tasmanian trollop.

Aw, Anders delivering the tough love to Kirby.

OMG! "Nice hotel you got here. Be a shame if anything happened to it." Funny, that construction contractor didn't look like a mafioso. Poor Sam.

Dang, Adam using his evil powers for good. That hospital board lady didn't know what hit her.

Okay, not sure why but now I'm betting on Blake being the dead one Fallon's  mourning. Plane crash.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu