Type keyword(s) to search

Dynasty (2017) - General Discussion

Bort
  • Start Topic

Do rich people really have this many parties? It's like almost every episode they find a reason to throw a bash at the mansion. I don't recall the original series having so many parties.

Why couldn't Adam get a tux that fit?

Was Nicollette Sheridan a problem on the set or something? Seems to me having EG do this mimicry of her isn't quite complimentary. I guess it's cheaper though. Maybe Liz can play Cristal too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was Nicollette Sheridan a problem on the set or something? 

I'm starting to wonder if "someone else" is a problem.  Original Cristal, Steven and now Alexis are all gone.  Hmm.  

• Love 3

I don't know why they let Sam stay at the manor now that he is divorced. He is getting alimony but he doesn't have any expenses. Seems like the Carringtons are paying him twice.

Read an article that said Nicollette Sheridan left due to a family matter.

Here is an article about Liz Gillies getting the role of Alexis, Spoiler: 

Spoiler

It's temporary.

TVLine: Dynasty's Elizabeth Gillies on Her 'Wild' Transformation From Fallon to Alexis: 'It Was Crazy, But I Love a Challenge'

• Love 1

I don't understand Sam living at the mansion either. I am sure he wasn't paying for that party. I realize they like the character of Sam. But it makes no sense that he would continue to live there after splitting from Stephen.

2 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I don't understand Sam living at the mansion either. I am sure he wasn't paying for that party. I realize they like the character of Sam. But it makes no sense that he would continue to live there after splitting from Stephen.

Not to the normal observing eye, no.  However, Fallon, Kirby, new Cristal, Blake and Anders all still think of him as family.  He's been a brother to Fallon.  He's good friends with new Cristal and Kirby.  Lastly, Blake and Anders think of him as a son.  He's also a link to the first Cristal.  

All that said, I hope he's given more to do.  His role is not that significant.  

13 minutes ago, A.J. said:

All that said, I hope he's given more to do.  His role is not that significant.  

The producers have done a pretty good job of cutting all his ties (original Kristal and Stephen) to the other characters.  If this was real life, of course he would not stay, but I tend to invoke the line from the Josie and Pussycats movie said by Alexandra when she is asked why she is there.  "I was in the comic book."  So Sami Jo remains on the show because he was in the original and they apparently don't want to lose the character.  

• Love 1
20 hours ago, missbonnie said:

NOPE 

I love Liz G, but this is stupid. I love campy, I do NOT love stupid. 

Agreed. I watched the episode of the reveal and not only was it creepy, it was so, so stupid. Why would Alexis be happy to have her daughter's face?

Ugh.

• Love 2

I’m more baffled by the fact that last episode Alexis was terrified of psycho Adam and her new Fallon face has somehow made her grateful and loving to the son who burned her face off.

Then I remember this show shouldn’t ever require this much thought. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I watched the episode of the reveal and not only was it creepy, it was so, so stupid. Why would Alexis be happy to have her daughter's face?

Alexis doesn't seem to get that she looks like Fallon. She kept repeating that she looks like she did "5" years ago.

The mask they put on Liz gives a really good "uncanny valley" effect, which tends to happen a lot when someone gets REALLY extensive plastic surgery, like Michael Jackson or the poor unfortunate Mickie Rourke.

Was Nicollette Sheridan a problem on the set or something? Seems to me having EG do this mimicry of her isn't quite complimentary. I guess it's cheaper though.

EG says it's a tribute to the wonderful character that NS built, but I keep feeling Lady Gaga more than anything else.

Spoiler

It looks like it's just a placeholder until they cast another actress. It really does sound like NS does not want to come back, and after the season they gave her, I don't blame her.

Not to the normal observing eye, no.  However, Fallon, Kirby, new Cristal, Blake and Anders all still think of him as family.  He's been a brother to Fallon.  He's good friends with new Cristal and Kirby.  Lastly, Blake and Anders think of him as a son.  He's also a link to the first Cristal.  

I feel like when the show realized that the actor, as cute as he is, simply did not have the sexual magnetism needed to play a gay male version of a vixen like Sammi Jo, they reversed course and made him more like a family member.

Then it seemed like they were going to go with Kirby being the little troublemaking vixen, but then they reversed course on that and then decided to make her a tag-along to Fallon and Sam.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Alexis's new face is already over. Wonder who will play her when she returns.

Fallon and Liam haven't had their first date yet, but she's saying his mom will be her mother-in-law again.

Oh come on. Fallon and Liam still haven't had sex yet? I think the show is just effing with us now.

Remind me again: are we supposed to be rooting for Cristal and Blake?

Please let Adam's evil chickens finally be coming home to roost. Nice curve ball with him and Liam's mommy though.

• Love 1

Adam. I don't understand him. Is he bent on making Fallon's life miserable because he's jealous she got the life he thinks he deserves and he's trying to make her life as bad as his was? 

Lima and Fallon still haven't slept together. I certainly hope the show doesn't go the route of Liam is really Adam that would be so creepy.

Spoiler

This isn't Game of Thrones! 

Yeah they haven't slept together, but they have made out and are apparently in love. 

On 5/4/2019 at 11:48 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Remind me again: are we supposed to be rooting for Cristal and Blake?

I think we are???  But I'm not.

• Love 1
(edited)

Adam. I don't understand him. Is he bent on making Fallon's life miserable because he's jealous she got the life he thinks he deserves and he's trying to make her life as bad as his was? 

I don't think it's necessarily that. I think he's bored and wants to play a chess game, basically. Life all seems like one big chess game to him. I think he's trying to figure out how to manipulate and control everybody around him, so that he can assume total control like a dictator or something.

I feel like the cake thing is Adam's thing- he's showing that he can infiltrate and take down Fallon like it's a piece of cake, but Fallon takes the cake to show him that it's not going to be so easy.

Thank god the Alexis face thing is done. Can we also bring back recast Steven? Maybe with Hank's face because I think Brent Antonello is pretty sexy?

Edited by methodwriter85
On 5/4/2019 at 12:25 AM, Artsda said:

Alexis's new face is already over. Wonder who will play her when she returns.

Fallon and Liam haven't had their first date yet, but she's saying his mom will be her mother-in-law again.

Fallon and Liam will crash and burn eventually and I can't wait. It feels like she barely knows that dude and i'm supposed to believe she loves him? Liam is there to be Fallon's white love interest because she had to have one. He's a speed bum until she goes back to her true love Culhane.

3 hours ago, mommalib said:

Fallon and Liam will crash and burn eventually and I can't wait. It feels like she barely knows that dude and i'm supposed to believe she loves him? Liam is there to be Fallon's white love interest because she had to have one. He's a speed bum until she goes back to her true love Culhane.

Do characters on Dynasty even have true loves?

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, mommalib said:

For all the claims that she loves Liam and passionately wants him, she sure finds other things to do rather than sleep with him. In the time that she supposedly caught feelings for Liam, she got engaged to Michael and would eventually sleep with again after they had broken up.

There is no drama for Fallon being with Liam.

Meanwhile, Michael had just betrayed and set up Blake with the FBI.

Oh FFS, I thought we were done with the Alexis cosplay.

Seriously? Write a check for a million dollars? Why would anyone do that? Why would a millionaire be writing any checks at all?

And then who throws a million dollar check into the household trash? That crap should be shredded. Micro-cut.

I am so over Adam.

Meh, NuDominique isn't working for me either. Yo, Dom, the 70s called and they want their Superfly look back.

4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Seriously? Write a check for a million dollars? Why would anyone do that? Why would a millionaire be writing any checks at all?

Because it's a trash soap opera that should be cancelled after the first episode but for some reason survived despite of everything. 

10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh FFS, I thought we were done with the Alexis cosplay.

And then who throws a million dollar check into the household trash? That crap should be shredded. Micro-cut.

Considering she laid it on top of the trash in order to be found, micro-cutting it would defeat the purpose. I just don't get what her end game is for this. A million dollars isn't enough for her and her new family? Thank your lucky stars you get anything at all.

Adam really grates my nerves, and I have no interest in the Colby storyline whatsoever. I love me some Fallon though and am interested in seeing how her and Liam's relationship plays out. The sibling rivalry for Daddy's affection is a bit much, considering their ages. I could care less about what's going on with Blake and Crystal, but I do miss Alexis (not "Fallon Alexis") and I absolutely love Sam and Anders, especially together!

• Love 2

I really don't care for new Crystal at all.  I find myself wondering why she is even on the show.  I had some interest in the first Crystal and Blake relationship.  But this one does nothing for me.  I hope they dump her and find another Crystal.  

• Love 4
On 5/14/2019 at 8:42 AM, Jennabelle88 said:

I love me some Fallon though

She really is my favorite. I laughed my ass off when she was smiling smugly at Adam while Blake was shouting at him for hitting her and then when Blake turned around to face her she immediately put her hand to her cheek and whimpered, "Ow."

• LOL 3
On 5/14/2019 at 12:05 PM, LakeGal said:

I really don't care for new Crystal at all.  I find myself wondering why she is even on the show.  I had some interest in the first Crystal and Blake relationship.  But this one does nothing for me.  I hope they dump her and find another Crystal.  

She's nice and all but the 1st Cristal was much, much better.  

I do miss Alexis (not "Fallon Alexis")

and I absolutely love Sam and Anders, especially together!

Alexis (Nicollette Sheridan) was the reason I began watching this reboot.  Without her it's not the same for me.  I like Sam (loved the actor since Empire) but he needs more to do.  He seems to be all fluff for most of the episodes.  

Meh, NuDominique isn't working for me either.

I don't buy her as their mother.  Someone like Robin Givens, Garcelle Beauvais, Naomi Campbell, Sheryl Lee Ralph would have been better.  Hell, Omarosa could have done it too.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, A.J. said:

I don't buy her as their mother.  Someone like Robin Givens, Garcelle Beauvais, Naomi Campbell, Sheryl Lee Ralph would have been better.  Hell, Omarosa could have done it too.  

Vanessa Williams.

• Love 2

Sam isn't working cause the show isn't following how the original show handled the character..which was to have the character come and go.  

Alexis...such wasted potential...NS was capable..but the show forgot that she played Paige on KL..the fallon Carrington of that show.  It isnt the actors nor characters..its the showrunners that need to go.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Sam isn't working cause the show isn't following how the original show handled the character.

Sam isn't working for several reasons.  Firstly, he has no love life.  This is a soap opera for fuck's sake.  Why isn't a young, handsome gay man dating?  Secondly, why doesn't he have a job?  He could be CA's diversity director and bump into the Carringtons at the office.  Thirdly, besides being a jobless eunuch, Sam has no character flaws.  Again, this is a soap opera for fuck's sake, every character should have a fatal flaw.

And you are so right, it's the writer's fault, not the actor's.

I still think the mistake with Sam is that they didn't make him bi-sexual because they limited his options for fooling around. There was only going to be a certain number of gay characters introduced on the show and they would have eventually ended up in a story with Sam.

Plus it is odd that he is still living with the Carringtons when his aunt is dead and he is divorced from Steven. Since he gave baby Danny back to his paternal grandparents, he doesn't even have the security of being parent to a Carrington child. 

Last season, he was working for Fallon as her assistant but now with the hotel hopefully he has a chance to do something except hang out in the mansion.

Adam in drag as Fallon looked like Carmen San Diego. LOL.

3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

This is a soap opera for fuck's sake.  Why isn't a young, handsome gay man dating?

Because as much as the CW likes to pat themselves on the back for being "progressive", at the end of the day, the gays are still just the accessories to the straight people lives, just as it was in the days of Matt on Melrose Place and his sensual man-hugs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I also think it was a mistake making Sam into a gay male given the network, etc.  Even the creator Esther S said it wasnt a good idea.

It's weird to say..but even the Moldavia story and the rita/Krystal stories on the original is better than anything on this show.

Showrunners on here will be producing Nancy Drew...can't wait to see how they ruin that show, too.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Because as much as the CW likes to pat themselves on the back for being "progressive", at the end of the day, the gays are still just the accessories to the straight people lives, just as it was in the days of Matt on Melrose Place and his sensual man-hugs.

I think it's more like Sam is a secondary character whose main connections to the family (Kristal, Steven) were severed, and at the end of the day, the show is about the Carrington family, not their assorted hangers on.  I mean, I think the best thing to have done would have been to send Sam off with Steven, not keep him around in C or D storylines that aren't connected to the main action.   

• Love 2
On 5/14/2019 at 12:05 PM, LakeGal said:

PREACH!! Cristal 2.0 is a big ol’ snoozefest and I feel no connection between her and Blake. (Plus, I dig the idea of a new Crystal each season.)

On 5/19/2019 at 12:41 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Adam in drag as Fallon looked like Carmen San Diego. LOL.

I thought he was the spitting image of Stephanie March. I wouldn’t mind ADA Alex Cabot shaking things up in Atlanta. 

That was a good soapy ending with all those plots coming together.

Liam better not drown!

2 bodies, arrest, Jeff being turned on by his mother. 

Season 3 looks to be starting with a bang.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Crystal and Blake murdered one person. Fallon murdered one person. Adam murdered two people. I guess all the Carringtons have some explaining to do.

To be fair, Fallon's was accidental.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Crystal and Blake murdered one person. Fallon murdered one person. Adam murdered two people. I guess all the Carringtons have some explaining to do.

They're rich. They will get away with it.

I have to assume most of the Dynasty budget this season was spent on licensing "Gimme Shelter" for the last scene.

I guess Adam was trying to take down Fallon by getting the divers. Even if he didn't know Trixie was there exactly, I'm sure he didn't know about the other guy. Frankly, I forgot about the guy Blake and Crystal killed. I'm guessing Liam isn't going to die, because Adam would have to go to jail for that.

Jeff Colby's mother convinced him to move to the Bahamas to frame someone who isn't going to be framed. Does this mean Jeff doesn't have permanent brain damage either?

Anders, Kirby and Sam now have their own dynasty. 

• Love 3

I laughed when Fallon said she hoped her dad's next wife wasn't also a Cristal.  I am hoping just that.  I want a new Cristal.  

I do enjoy this show.  It is just the right amount of fun and crazy.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ketose said:

I guess Adam was trying to take down Fallon by getting the divers. Even if he didn't know Trixie was there exactly, I'm sure he didn't know about the other guy. Frankly, I forgot about the guy Blake and Crystal killed. I'm guessing Liam isn't going to die, because Adam would have to go to jail for that.

Why would Adam go to jail for that? Granted we know that Adam hit him over the head and stuck him away from a bit, but Liam came out dizzy and fell in the pool. Adam was right with his family the exact moment that Liam was drowning. 

Even if there were cameras to prove what Adam did, I think Blake would still protect him as he did regarding the Jeff matter. In fact, most of Adam latest schemes had been done in conjunction with Blake's knowledge and approval.

Now if there ever bother to bring back Steven, then Blake will more than like turn on Adam, but probably forgive him much later in the season.

Michael will probably get out of the FBI charges. I predicted that he found the second bag of money and destroy that as well. Plus Fallon promised to help him after what Blake did.

(edited)

It reached the new heights of camp in the last episodes. Now producers and directors finally realised  writers can't write and the cast  bar 3 actors can't really act and gave up on them. The end result is brilliant. I really do hope they continue like that next season.    

Edited by skotnikov
(edited)

So is this season going to turn out to be a dream or did Fallon and Adam Liam actually have sex finally?

Aw, are they writing off Jeff?

Oh geez, doublecrossing the doublecrossers.

Aw, are they killing off Liam?

Dead Body Disposal 101: Get rid of all identifying items like jewelry, wallets, etc. Good grief, how dumb are these people?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
because Adam is no Jaime Lannister
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So is this season going to turn out to be a dream or did Fallon and Adam actually have sex finally?

Aw, are they writing off Jeff?

Oh geez, doublecrossing the doublecrossers.

Aw, are they killing off Liam?

Dead Body Disposal 101: Get rid of all identifying items like jewelry, wallets, etc. Good grief, how dumb are these people?

Wow, I really hope you meant Fallon and Liam. Whatever happened, Fallon was on top.

In the case of Trixie, it's "gee officer, she must have jumped in the lake when she was drunk while we were sleeping.

Adam's creepiness is just coming off weird. 

• LOL 1