Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E11: Plastic

• Start Topic

On 1/12/2019 at 7:37 PM, milner said:

So Ceci was kidnaped and brain washed years ago and never once tried to let her parents know she was alive?  Her mom died never knowing what happened to her and that was never mentioned. Cold 

What “kidnapped”? I thought it was pretty clear she was a runaway.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, The Wild Sow said:

What “kidnapped”? I thought it was pretty clear she was a runaway.

In the SVU universe, a girl/woman would never willingly have sex with an older man and then enjoy threesomes on a routine basis <eyeroll>.  In this case, because she was underage, she would have been deemed unable to make that decision for herself to stay with someone older than 18. I think the good doc was in medical school, so he was obviously in his twenties. 

Overall, I thought it was an OK episode; not good or great but not horrible.  Let's put it this way, it was better than some of the crap we have had to watch in the past couple of years.   As soon as they started to talk about a missing person named Cece, I quickly figured out it was Sadie. like most of you.   The older woman who rented out her home to the doctor years earlier was so oblivious; I agree with everyone who wondered why she didn't ask any questions of Fin and Carisi.  Like, why they had interest in the doctor, why they wanted her to leave them alone in her basement and, oh yeah, why they were ripping apart the paneling in her basement without asking permission??  

The reunion scene with the dad and Sadie/Cece was touching, but she was just as guilty as the doctor.  Her role in the crime was downplayed so she can play the victim.  I don't buy it.  She couldn't have been too brainwashed if she recognized her dad right away.  

Any decent defense attorney would have been able to get both the doc and Sadie off; where's Buchanan or Calhoun?.  I'm guessing the search warrant that they originally had covered looking for the drugs found in Ava's bloodwork.  Therefore the notebook and flash drives with all the threesome partners listed would not have been admissible and anything stemming from that info would be thrown out, such as finding the dead body behind the paneling which was done without the homeowner's permission and a search warrant.  I may be overthinking this, so please correct me if I am wrong.   I find myself nit-picking episodes over details like this.  Maybe I just need to stop this and maybe I would enjoy the episodes more.  

• Love 3

Okay this was by the numbers, you looked at the white, rich, sexually promiscuous doctor and thought, "You don't have a chance pal, they're going to find you guilty of something". I think we all guessed his girlfriend was going to be the missing girl (was her age really an issue? If he was an 18 year old medical student isn't that the Romeo and Juliet exception?) but I kept hoping the old lady who owned the house or the girlfriend or the offscreen boyfriend mentioned would be the killer. But that was the one plot twist they didn't go for. 

• Love 1
On 12/31/2018 at 12:33 PM, dttruman said:

Episode is from Googling SVU episode 11.  When a young woman accuses a celebrity plastic surgeon and his girlfriend of sexual assault, Benson and the team must determine if the woman was attacked or if it was a night of sex games gone wrong.

It only took the producers and writers three months to come up with an episode concerning this "Ripped from the Headlines" storyline. They made some changes too.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/reality-tv-surgeon-arrested-over-drugging-and-rape-may-have-thousands-of-victims-authorities

And of course these people turn out to be entirely INNOCENT!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/charges-will-be-dropped-against-california-surgeon-and-girlfriend-in-assault-case

God, reading the details on this it looks like McMartin part 2, the DA using the case to get re-elected and refusing to grant the defence access to the prosecutions evidence, stringing them along in the hope that either the accused would enter a plea bargain or some new incriminating evidence would come to light. I'd love to see the SVU tackle this one.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Joe Hellandback said:

God, reading the details on this it looks like McMartin part 2, the DA using the case to get re-elected and refusing to grant the defence access to the prosecutions evidence, stringing them along in the hope that either the accused would enter a plea bargain or some new incriminating evidence would come to light. I'd love to see the SVU tackle this one.   

There was a very famous incident like this a while back down in North Carolina. The DA was charging some players with the Duke lacrosse team with gang raping a stripper. Needless to say, it didn't go well for the DA.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Joe Hellandback said:

And of course these people turn out to be entirely INNOCENT!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/charges-will-be-dropped-against-california-surgeon-and-girlfriend-in-assault-case

I am starting to think they probably will, because I watched "Redemption in Her Corner" again. I saw how Hadid is kind of on "The Dark Side" right now, and I wonder if she would personally take a case like this, because she is desperate for Big Win, and she wants the DA's job? Or is she already the DA? Anyway, she does what this DA did in this article and it's up to Benson and Carisi to stop her.