Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Year Zero

ElectricBoogaloo
  • Start Topic

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:09 PM, jhlipton said:

How the hell was Penguin (never a model of strength) able to overpower the extremely strong Tabitha?  Don't tell me; I know. PLOTTTTTTT!!!

Maybe her hand never really recovered from being cut off?

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:29 AM, paigow said:

[Interior: GCPD radio room of exposition]

Gordon: ....The West Side is controlled by 2 gangs...The Jets and The Sharks...They use a strange form of dance fighting and are above average singers...Harvey & Officer Krupke have been assigned to negotiate a truce with gang leaders Rif & Bernardo so refugees can pass through unharmed....

Bruce; "Selina, I've just met a girl called Selina..."

1. Vera Lynn? Nice choice by the Riddler. Anthem for another besieged island. 

2. The Penguin in City Hall? Well he was Mayor before? His transformation into an Andrew Carnegie like Robber Baron is uncomfortable for me, for all his evil I never thought he'd be like that. I almost missed that Oswald's dog was named Edward in reference to The Riddler. The 'Lo Boyz' must mean the low IQ boys, bringing knives to a gunfight. Love the Penguin's logo on his vehicles.  

3. Crane's crucifiction scene very Children of the Corn. Jim should have shot Scarecrow, he was definitely worth a bullet.

4. Love the hedonistic Sirens club, partying whilst society crumbles. Don't like Barbara's hair, prefer it longer. Alas poor Tabby, hope we see her back again. Interesting that Barbara seems to be intent protecting women. maybe what might bring her and Jim back together?   

5. Okay, so I get that the Government won't let people in, who knows how many more bombs Jerimiah planted but why not let them out? Even the prisoners in Escape from New York got food drops. Gotham now essentially Beirut in the 80s.   

6. Where do the GCPD get fuel for their vehicles? Or has Lucius converted them to be electric? 

7. Who fired the RPG? My guess, Jerimiah. Good as she is I don't see Ecco as Harley Quinn, she's not flamboyant enough. 

8. Hard to watch Selina suffer, hard to watch her suicide attempt.  So who's the Witch? Ivy? Lee?

9. Jim has a .45, Harvey a .357, most of the rest of the cops 9mm Sigs but the ammo Bruce steals fits them all?

10. Jim just lets Penguin walk? And Barbara for that matter?

11. Ed's sleepwalking must be linked to Lee somehow? Now, do we suspect there is some sort of link between Ben and Glory? 

12.  From the opening it looks like everyone is taking on the Army but look closer, they're not the regular military, they look more like some form of guerrilla force. 

"The people in Gotham are not our responsibility" - Really? Is the US government saying Gotham is no longer part of the USA? Say "Given our last shipment was destroyed, we're not sending more supplies until we can get greater security to accompany it". And did they say it was the government that aren't allowing supplies in? WHY!?

Another Darwin award winner as the cop allows the Scarecrow to straight up murder him. You do have a gun. And yes, he is worth a bullet (assuming you were unaware of his contractual immortality) - what's the point of conserving ammo if you don't use it in a combat situation against a guy who invaded your territory and killed your men!? Harvey had the right idea, even if it was wasteful.

Some nice Bat-Action - I didn't mind Bruce not being completely effective, he's still learning - and he's even getting some quipping in ("You can argue about my presence later").

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:02 AM, SimoneS said:

And how is Barbara such a bad shot that she missed Oswald?

She didn't miss - it was a misfiring bullet. Chekov's Misfire, you might say, as Mr Penn had commented that the bullets they were producing had a tendency to do that. Although I don't believe Penguin could overpower Tabitha over the knife - Oswald may be devious but he's not strong (unlike Tabby).

I guess Jim didn't want to create more chaos by killing Penguin (better the devil you know & all that), so I guess it was Jeremiah/Joker who downed the chopper (who wants exactly that)? And we have our Harley Quinn (I assume)!

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:15 AM, Lantern7 said:

Did anyone see the chopper and not think it was going to get blown up?

No, but WTF was it going? The GCPD building has a large flat roof and is (presumably) the centre of their territory, so why not land there? Also, it was no way big enough to make much of a difference to a city under siege (for contrast, the Berlin airlift involved a plane arriving every minute at its height to supply a city of about 3m people with 2000 tonnes of food a day). So basically, it might be enough to provide everyone in GCPD territory with one meal (maybe), but not much more than that.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:11 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Other than Jim and the GCPD, everything else is either under the thumb of Oswald, Barbara, Scarecrow, and I believe they said Freeze and Firefly have their sections as well. 

Who are naturally enough, neighbours and in perpetual conflict. Gotta honour their respective brands!

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:04 AM, superloislane said:

"Jeremiah shot me to get to you" - oh good another big heap of guilt to go on Bruce's shoulders but at the same time, poor Selina.

Sure, it's unfair to blame Bruce, but totally understandable (as was Selina's suicide attempt).

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:13 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Because an angry Barbara is a sexy Barbara.

I do like her new, spikier 'do - she reminds me of another badass female, Major Kira (or given she's blond, perhaps Nana Visitor's character from Dark Angel, Dr Elizabeth Renfro / Madame X).