Type keyword(s) to search

Family By The Ton - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh Miss Motivation Shavonne, haven't you ever watched this show or, especially, M600PL? Dr. Procter just lobbed you a softball. Twenty five pounds in four weeks? Ha! Dr. Now would have said: "I need you to get serious, stop playing games and lose 30, 40, or 50 pounds a munt for the next two munts, okay? Bye bye." Girrrrrl that man would have your wig spinning, LOL! 😆

I loved how Chitoka threw some cold water on her when she was bitching about having that 25 pound goal and talking vaguely about her future, by saying that Shavonne was looking at her future, meaning herself/Chitoka.

And Drew, I love you but......... If you're going on a date, you need to step up your wardrobe game. That stretched out old shirt and those baggy jeans have got to go! Bring back Queer Eye for the Straight Guy!

BTW I wonder exactly what weight was on Shavonne's old drivers license that she saw herself as?

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Hellga said:

I wonder where they get the swimsuits in their size.  

It's nice to see Shavonne's enthusiasm.  I wonder if it lasts... but if she is successful working from home for a long time, she probably is good at self-motivation (I am not, I fail when I don't have someone breathing down my neck).  

(Bolding mine) Swimsuits for all, Woman Within, Roamans, Big& Tall for Drew. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Oh Miss Motivation Shavonne, haven't you ever watched this show or, especially, M600PL? Dr. Procter just lobbed you a softball. Twenty five pounds in four weeks? Ha! Dr. Now would have said: "I need you to get serious, stop playing games and lose 30, 40, or 50 pounds a munt for the next two munts, okay? Bye bye." Girrrrrl that man would have your wig spinning, LOL! 😆

I loved how Chitoka threw some cold water on her when she was bitching about having that 25 pound goal and talking vaguely about her future, by saying that Shavonne was looking at her future, meaning herself/Chitoka.

And Drew, I love you but......... If you're going on a date, you need to step up your wardrobe game. That stretched out old shirt and those baggy jeans have got to go! Bring back Queer Eye for the Straight Guy!

BTW I wonder exactly what weight was on Shavonne's old drivers license that she saw herself as?

I thought she said the weight on the DL was 200+   or was that someone else in the family?  Heck, I am only 30 pounds heavier than on  mine,and  the guy at the DVM really gave me the stink eye when I didn't change it.  I really tend to yo-yo that 30 pounds depending on how much prednisone I take.

Even if she hasn't watched all those other weight loss shows, I fail to understand why she didn't ask the other family members for details about the initial appointment with Dr. Proctor.  I would have been on cloud nine if I were that large, and he only asked for a 25 pound loss.  The only thing I can figure is that is a part of the denial or else delusional thinking that it will somehow be different and easier for her than for everyone else (which is a version of denial as well).

Even with Drew's baggy clothes, at least people on this show get up and get dressed every day.  Well, I guess Chitoka didn't at first because she was so bed bound (I didn't see the first season), but Shavonne is really heavy but manages to move around and dress decently.

I really enjoy good food, and I can be a real glutton around cookies and ice cream.   And this year has been really bad with Lent so late in the year which results in more opportunities for King cakes and the Blue Bell King cake ice cream.  So far I have resisted eating both at the same time.  

I felt awful for Naomi having the miscarriage.  I guess I deal differently with stress, because with stress I lose my appetite.  And when there is a death in the family,  I will barely eat for the first week or two. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 5

Looks to me like there's some time-shifting in when they filmed versus when they aired, because Naomi looked a heck of a lot heavier all over at the family therapy session than she did at her (supposedly) first trainer session, which were aired as though they occurred close to each other.  Since they have a year's worth of film, I'm guessing they are being liberal about how to edit it together.

20 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Even with Drew's baggy clothes, at least people on this show get up and get dressed every day.  Well, I guess Chitoka didn't at first because she was so bed bound (I didn't see the first season)...

Even when Chitoka was bed-bound, she had her hair done, makeup on, dressed nicely.  It was such a contrast to the M600PL bed-bound folks.

It's amazing how differently the weight settles on people.  Chitoka at this point might even weigh less than Shavonne, but Shavonne's is spread all over her body, which seems to make it easier to get around, versus Chitoka's being so much around her waist to hips area.

• Love 5
Just now, LuvMyShows said:

Even when Chitoka was bed-bound, she had her hair done, makeup on, dressed nicely.  It was such a contrast to the M600PL bed-bound folks. 

You are right.  I should have said Chitoka was at least dressed decently, even if she wasn't up.    I think the poundcipients on that other show are probably encouraged to look as slovenly as possible, probably because it is based on the individual rather than whole families.  Is Chitoka the one with the weird looking wig/hair in the talking heads?

39 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I thought she said the weight on the DL was 200+   or was that someone else in the family?  Heck, I am only 30 pounds heavier than on  mine,and  the guy at the DVM really gave me the stink eye when I didn't change it.  I really tend to yo-yo that 30 pounds depending on how much prednisone I take.

Even if she hasn't watched all those other weight loss shows, I fail to understand why she didn't ask the other family members for details about the initial appointment with Dr. Proctor.  I would have been on cloud nine if I were that large, and he only asked for a 25 pound loss.  The only thing I can figure is that is a part of the denial or else delusional thinking that it will somehow be different and easier for her than for everyone else (which is a version of denial as well).

Even with Drew's baggy clothes, at least people on this show get up and get dressed every day.  Well, I guess Chitoka didn't at first because she was so bed bound (I didn't see the first season), but Shavonne is really heavy but manages to move around and dress decently.

I really enjoy good food, and I can be a real glutton around cookies and ice cream.   And this year has been really bad with Lent so late in the year which results in more opportunities for King cakes and the Blue Bell King cake ice cream.  So far I have resisted eating both at the same time.  

I felt awful for Naomi having the miscarriage.  I guess I deal differently with stress, because with stress I lose my appetite.  And when there is a death in the family,  I will barely eat for the first week or two. 

Good morning Twopper and thanks for bringing up all of these points. As for the bolded parts:

• I knew that she had probably said something ridiculous when she said something like "I chose to see myself at that weight." That was denial at the highest levels.
  • I dunno, I kind of see that as perhaps a TLC melodramatic manipulation for exactly the reason you gave. Are we to believe that this is a loving, close nit family AND that Shavonne never, ever once discussed any details of their weight loss journeys? I ain't buying it.
  • Drew is surrounded by really stylish well put together women. Okay, so maybe, just maybe their feminine attention to fashion details don't translate 'cause he's a guy but seriously, if you have any hope of having a blind date go well you should definitely dress up for it. Up until then, he came across as a very intelligent, insightful person. Hard to believe that he turned into Dumb and Dumber all of a sudden. Again, I call a bit, or a lot of, TLC production bullshit on that.
  • As for Naomi, she broke my heart. My dear, in no way are you defective! Regarding stess eating, I'm weird; sometimes I overeat, sometimes I lose my appetite, sometimes I stick with healthy eating.
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, ThereButFor said:

No wonder Drew gained, fast food most every day isn’t a good choice!

I do NOT believe that Drew thinks eating out on junk food (fried fish, fried potatoes, high carb and high calorie) is OKAY or that he is surprised that he would gain weight doing that.  For a person who is super, morbidly, obese to have undergone bariatric surgery and all that it entails to lose weight and then to lie straight face to the camera, denying that eating out everyday would be a problem.....it insults my intelligence.  It makes me not like him. 

Also, Chitaka.  She pretends that she thought she was doing just fine with those items of food in her house.....I don't believe that either.  

Can someone tell me how much Shavonne weighed?  I had to step out of the room for a few minutes. 

• Love 1

Shavonne weighted 642.  No wonder the DMV people looked at her funny when she put whatever weight she put on her driver's license.   

I think every program makes you get a clearance from a shrink to make sure you are getting weight loss surgery for the right reason, and not planning to starve yourself to death or go into some other eating disorder, but from talking to several people who had WLS (not with Dr. Now, or Dr. Proctor) it's not in depth.     And they use psychologists many times because many psychiatrists are more prescriptions these days, than talk therapy or counseling, from what I've heard.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
(edited)

I am catching up now because I fell asleep in the middle of the show last night.

Shavonne's ID says 240.  Talk about delusional!  

Many states, New York, for example, don't even ask weight or hair color because they can change far more frequently than the 5-year ID renewal cycle...

I liked how Chitoka was so honest and straight with Shavonne.  I really hope Chitoka can reverse more of the damage years of obesity did to her and be able to do more...  I am really rooting for her since she has the most to gain from weight loss (pun intended) out of them all, her life has been the most limited. 

I feel really sad for Naomi.  Unfortunately, early miscarriages are extremely common, so she is no different from any other woman in this.  While her weight is certainly not helping, I don't think it had anything to do with this loss, so early she didn't even know she was pregnant.  Still, for someone who really, really wants to be a mother this has got to be a trying experience.

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

It's amazing how differently the weight settles on people.  Chitoka at this point might even weigh less than Shavonne, but Shavonne's is spread all over her body, which seems to make it easier to get around, versus Chitoka's being so much around her waist to hips area.

And Chitoka has a lovely house--her furniture looks like it was inherited from an earlier generation.  I think this entire family comes from a higher economic level than most of the 600 lb patients, which might have something to do with the care Chitoka takes with her appearance.

I think gravity has a lot to do with how you carry weight.  Chitoka didn't move her lower body as much as she did her upper body, and add in gravity, I think her weight was bound to move downward.  I recently lost 20 lbs (chemo) and because I was not feeling well, I wasn't moving much.  Even with 20 lbs gone, my pants didn't get any looser, I think because I was mostly sitting the whole time.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Hellga said:

I am catching up now because I fell asleep in the middle of the show last night.

Shavonne's ID says 240.  Talk about delusional!  

Many states, New York, for example, don't even ask weight or hair color because they can change far more frequently than the 5-year ID renewal cycle...

I liked how Chitoka was so honest and straight with Shavonne.  I really hope Chitoka can reverse more of the damage years of obesity did to her and be able to do more...  I am really rooting for her since she has the most to gain from weight loss (pun intended) out of them all, her life has been the most limited. 

I feel really sad for Naomi.  Unfortunately, early miscarriages are extremely common, so she is no different from any other woman in this.  While her weight is certainly not helping, I don't think it had anything to do with this loss, so early she didn't even know she was pregnant.  Still, for someone who really, really wants to be a mother this has got to be a trying experience.

Thanks Hellga for the info about her driver's license weight. That would be extra super duper delusional on her part!

Like you, I fell asleep in the middle of the show too and also it didn't help that I was trying to keep up with another show.😯

I am totally rooting for for Chitoka and the rest of the family as well.

• Love 2
On 2/27/2019 at 10:34 PM, ams1001 said:

"25 pounds is a lot of weight to lose in 4 weeks"...not when you're over 600!

She should be able to lose that standing on her head. Just cut out soda and fast food, and eat a carrot once in a while.

Drew. Drew Drew Drew. I was pulling for you. We were all pulling for you. Don't throw it away.

I don't understand how everyone is stuffing down fast food after having WLS. I thought it was actually physically painful to eat too much. Do they just eat a little bit at a time? I can't imagine that some microwaved french fries would be worth the pain. Or the guilt.

That "date" was cringetastic.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, Hellga said:

Last season, Naomi broke up with the jerk who didn't think she was any fun, after her surgery, and now she has a miscarriage.
I just feel so sorry for her, and she seems to get extra trauma.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Mothra said:

I recently lost 20 lbs (chemo) and because I was not feeling well, I wasn't moving much.  Even with 20 lbs gone, my pants didn't get any looser, I think because I was mostly sitting the whole time.

Hope it was successful and that you are feeling better and able to get around more.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Maybe Naomi and Den should have had a conversation about wanting kids BEFORE she got pregnant. I try not to judge, but how long has she known this Den guy to already be going at it raw? 

Raw indeed Brooklynista. ITA. I know that I am hopelessly old fashioned, but I really believe that it is in everyone's best interest to make a baby with someone who actually wants to be a dad. And yes, I am also one of those who believes that getting married and establishing a financially secure and healthy environment for a child with two parents who want to be parents gives a child the best start in life.

Also, I would think that she would want to address the issue of her obesity and her struggles to reach a healthy weight BEFORE contemplating bringing a child into the world. I agree with Hellga that her weight probably didn't have anything to do with her miscarriage, but being significantly overweight while pregnant definitely increases the chances of health complications for both mother and baby. Heh, if she thinks losing weight is tough now, try sticking to a weight loss plan after having a baby with that extra 50 pounds or more of "baby weight" to lose. Sorry, but I can see her taking that "I'm eating for two" to the extreme.😄

• Love 11

I really like this family, but I honestly can't picture any of them having long term success. Drew has lost more weight than anyone it seems like..the others have barely put a dent into what they needed to lose.

• Love 7

I thought it was kind of shitty for Naomi to fix Drew up with an ultra-skinny woman who is so much younger than he is.  I don't mean that she should have found him an overweight woman who wasn't interested in doing anything athletic, but really.  A normal-sized or overweight woman his own age who was active and fun to talk to would have been so much more appropriate.  Drew is a really nice guy, it seems to me, and good-looking and good-hearted, and I hope he is able to find someone to love who will love him back.

What's wrong with Naomi that she would do this to him?!

• Love 18
18 hours ago, Mothra said:

I thought it was kind of shitty for Naomi to fix Drew up with an ultra-skinny woman who is so much younger than he is.  I don't mean that she should have found him an overweight woman who wasn't interested in doing anything athletic, but really.  A normal-sized or overweight woman his own age who was active and fun to talk to would have been so much more appropriate.  Drew is a really nice guy, it seems to me, and good-looking and good-hearted, and I hope he is able to find someone to love who will love him back.

What's wrong with Naomi that she would do this to him?!

Yeah, when I saw her enter the establishment for their "blind date," I got such a weird vibe. Thanks for the background info on that Mothra.  What was she, 29? So, allegedly, Naomi set them up? I must have stepped away for a moment when that was mentioned. Shitty indeed. Was this just her idea or yet another TLC manipulation for added DRAMAH!? ITA that Drew is a really nice guy and good looking too. Their entire interaction seemed really forced, phony and scripted, and made me very uncomfortable.

However, do you think it's possible that he was in on it as well, perhaps both him and Naomi being convinced by the producers to do this to spice things up and make them more interesting? Frankly, I find a loving, supportive family sharing their struggles and triumphs to be interesting enough.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

However, do you think it's possible that he was in on it as well, perhaps both him and Naomi being convinced by the producers to do this to spice things up and make them more interesting? Frankly, I find a loving, supportive family sharing their struggles and triumphs to be interesting enough.

It was not my impression that he was in on it, but I agree that the whole set-up smacks of producer involvement, which is too bad.  As you say, there's enough drama in watching these really (I think) unusually nice, loving and kind family members help each other on their Journeys.  They're all super-supportive of each other--with some bumps in the road, which it's interesting to watch them work out--and all super likable for the audience, too.  Even Chitoka, who sort of gave me the pip at first, has turned into someone I care about and respect.

• Love 7

Okay I am here right now in a totally pissy mood because of just leaving the M600PL Live Chat. Really, really ended up disliking tonight's poundticipant Destinee Lashee--Hell even that name pisses me off--after starting out rooting for and feeling sorry for her.

Anybody here and what did you think of this family's therapy session? I actually really liked the therapist. He's no Lola, but................. Hee

Uh oh, Naomi is vomiting during her workout! Preggers AGAIN!? I hope not.

• Love 5

I really like the therapist, and think he told them exactly what they needed to hear.   

Drew needs to really lose weight now, instead of back sliding.  I hope he meets that goal.

I really hope Shavonne can lose, and keep trying, and get surgery.     I really think she will be the star of the family with her attitude.   I like her attitude, and the way she calls the others out on their cheating.     I hope all of the family members get back on track, and reach their goals. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Okay I am here right now in a totally pissy mood because of just leaving the M600PL Live Chat. Really, really ended up disliking tonight's poundticipant Destinee Lashee--Hell even that name pisses me off--after starting out rooting for and feeling sorry for her.

Anybody here and what did you think of this family's therapy session? I actually really liked the therapist. He's no Lola, but................. Hee

I wondered about her being pregnant as well. I don't think she is. I do like this family. They all have significant weight to lose and many years if bad habits to overcome. I like that all the women always look good regardless of weight. Naomi is beautiful.  I love how she dresses and does her make up.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really like the therapist, and think he told them exactly what they needed to hear.   

Drew needs to really lose weight now, instead of back sliding.  I hope he meets that goal.

I really hope Shavonne can lose, and keep trying, and get surgery.     I really think she will be the star of the family with her attitude.   I like her attitude, and the way she calls the others out on their cheating.     I hope all of the family members get back on track, and reach their goals. 

I like them all including Shavonne but she kept making such a huge deal about Dr. Proctor's  goal of a 25 pound weight loss in four weeks which really had me giving her major side eye. I guess to me she's really better at talking the talk than walking the walk.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I like them all including Shavonne but she kept making such a huge deal about Dr. Proctor's  goal of a 25 pound weight loss in four weeks which really had me giving her major side eye. I guess to me she's really better at talking the talk than walking the walk.

I don't like Shavonne.  When she confronted everyone else at the pool, she had literally not lost 1 pound at that point.  She had no (fat) leg to stand on.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Yeah, the first time I was home and able to try the Live Chat the show was pretty much a snooze fest.  And it seemed so long because I couldn't ff thru the commercials like I do when I record it.

I did like the therapist a lot.  Much better than Lola and the "write a letter to daddy" approach.   I liked their visit to the cemetery much better than the one Destinee  made if only because Destinee sat on her brother's grave. 

Seeing Drew try on that suit made me realize how big he still is.  

Naomi needs to focus on building the relationship with this newer guy before they start having children.  

This was as boring as M600PL was tonight.  Maybe I should keep both on the dvr to play on a night when I have insomnia instead of listening to century- old episodes of Forensic Files.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I couldn't believe Shavonne wanted to have that ton of food as a last goodbye to it.     She kept saying she was following the diet, for now.   It's not for now if you have surgery, unless you want to get sick, stretch out your stomach, and eat through the surgery.  

• Love 6

I liked that Drew went for a suit - I think non-stretchy clothes will help him get better handle on his progress.  For me fit of my clothes is a much better yardstick than the scale.

Glad Shavonne made her weight goal - it was easier than what Dr. Now would have given her, though!  But the idea of fat funeral sounds ridiculous, I am with Naomi on that.  The way she said "cheesecake" was funny.  Feefcake! 

Naomi's boyfriend didn't seem enthused by the prospect of having kids.  He is willing to say what she wants to hear but it's a toss-up whether he will stay once she is actually pregnant.

In preview - did Drew really tell that woman about sleep apnea on the first date???  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Twopper said:

Yeah, the first time I was home and able to try the Live Chat the show was pretty much a snooze fest.  And it seemed so long because I couldn't ff thru the commercials like I do when I record it.

I did like the therapist a lot.  Much better than Lola and the "write a letter to daddy" approach.   I liked their visit to the cemetery much better than the one Destinee  made if only because Destinee sat on her brother's grave. 

Seeing Drew try on that suit made me realize how big he still is.  

Naomi needs to focus on building the relationship with this newer guy before they start having children.  

This was as boring as M600PL was tonight.  Maybe I should keep both on the dvr to play on a night when I have insomnia instead of listening to century- old episodes of Forensic Files.   

So Miss Naomi has set up Drew with yet another blind date which is why he's buying a suit? Hmmmmm. IMHO, she's really falling down the TLC rabbit hole of manufactured reality tv DRAMMAH. That last gorgeous blind date shows up for the date, which was more than awkward, never to be seen again. No real, on camera at least, discussion of their date. Nothing. Right. Now a new blind date AND he brings up sleep apnea!? Naw, this is straight up, no doubt about it bullshit again IMHO.

Regarding Naomi, looking almost manic when speaking to her latest boyfriend about having kids is just so obviously, at least to me, is another steaming pile of horseshit created for dramatic interest that I. Can't. Even. So far, I have really liked her and rooted for her but she keeps giving me major side.😒

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Twopper said:

OMG!! I thought I was the only one who uses old FF episodes as sleep aids. 🤣 

I get one going on Netflix at a low volume, set the TV sleep timer, and am usually asleep before the episode is half done. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I would imagine that they ALL really do need to be on the same page when it comes to nutrition, MOST of the time.  Yeah, a lot of families will have turkey and dressing, pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, but, for this family, they seem to celebrate A LOT with heavy calorie foods.  And, LOTS of it too.  That makes it hard.  

I know people who seem to think that fast food is just awesome. They suggest we go there as if it's a great thing. So, I have to keep saying, You can eat there, but, I'll need to pick me up something somewhere else or stop by the grocery store and I'll get something that to whip up pretty quick, like some ground turkey breast.  They look at me like I'm crazy.  And, when I order grilled salmon with veggies, they chide me to TRY THE FRIED FISH.  It's so good.  Well, yes, I'm sure it is, but, it's not my FRIEND.  lol  

Then these people have processed sandwiches for breakfast.  I'm not sure why consuming all the garbage food doesn't dawn on them as unhealthy, but, they don't seem to care. Some are obese, some are not. So, I can relate to this family.  It's so longstanding.  Not sure if it will ever change. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I would imagine that they ALL really do need to be on the same page when it comes to nutrition, MOST of the time.  Yeah, a lot of families will have turkey and dressing, pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, but, for this family, they seem to celebrate A LOT with heavy calorie foods.  And, LOTS of it too.  That makes it hard.  

I know people who seem to think that fast food is just awesome. They suggest we go there as if it's a great thing. So, I have to keep saying, You can eat there, but, I'll need to pick me up something somewhere else or stop by the grocery store and I'll get something that to whip up pretty quick, like some ground turkey breast.  They look at me like I'm crazy.  And, when I order grilled salmon with veggies, they chide me to TRY THE FRIED FISH.  It's so good.  Well, yes, I'm sure it is, but, it's not my FRIEND.  lol  

Then these people have processed sandwiches for breakfast.  I'm not sure why consuming all the garbage food doesn't dawn on them as unhealthy, but, they don't seem to care. Some are obese, some are not. So, I can relate to this family.  It's so longstanding.  Not sure if it will ever change. 

I would love to see them all at a cooking class that was focused on healthy meals as I think  that would help them get on the same page; at this point I am not even sure they are in the same library, much less reading the same book.

Nutrition labels didn't become mandatory until 1990.  I am older than dirt, and I recall trying to figure out calories from the back of my "Joy of Cooking Cookbook."  I would see in some mag that I needed x number of calories a day to lose weight, but I had no idea of how many calories were in anything much.  The article would usually give suggested meals with a calorie count, but for anything else you were on your own to figure it out.   Thank heavens, I wasn't truly overweight at the time.  So what I am saying is that I don't think the older women on this show had a clue about calories or would have cared about them.    I also grew up in the days before the food pyramid, and was told meat + 2 veggies or 1 veg and a salad was what goes on one's plate for the main meal of the day.   Even our holiday dinners followed that format with only a few additions like cranberry sauce, stuffing, and a fancier dessert.  And we were so stuffed after that meal, that we all went for a walk.

I don't understand the love for fast food, but I am guilty of liking hamburgers.  A few times a year we will get a milkshake and burger at a local eatery.   We met some people for lunch yesterday at a meat and 3 restaurant.  I settled for fried catfish since it was Friday in Lent as did my husband.  Grilled salmon was on the menu had we eaten at home. 

I would love to watch them make a large pot of ratatouille.

• Love 1
On 3/8/2019 at 9:36 AM, Jeeves said:

OMG!! I thought I was the only one who uses old FF episodes as sleep aids. 🤣 

I have about a half dozen on my DVR at any one time.  Also, What Not to Wear shows.

• Love 2

At last Drew meets a nice woman, who doesn't wear a size 2.      I hope they get their act together, and Shavonne's surgery goes well.   I think Shavonne will pass the others in her weight loss, and commitment to getting healthy.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

I am happy for Chitoka getting back on track but I hate to break it to her that she is hundreds of pounds away from skin surgery! 

4 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Hey, what happened to that new suit Drew had tailor made? 

Probably editing happened!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Wow, can we say totally ADA non-compliant for a doctor's office with all those stairs AND no hand rails!?

If he just does elective plastic surgery and doesn't take insurance, he might not be required to be compliant.  I know very little about ADA requirements, though.

23 minutes ago, Hellga said:

If he just does elective plastic surgery and doesn't take insurance, he might not be required to be compliant.  I know very little about ADA requirements, though.

I dunno, for a variety of reasons, I have had to see many different types of doctors, though not a plastic surgeon, but I have never, ever seen a more handicapped unfriendly medical office like that. He may not be required by law but, as a medical professional I find that unacceptable. Personally, I need to use hand rails when climbing stairs.

Actually, that whole scene made me angry. I found it humiliating. So Chitoka will literally need a small army of people with her each time just to see this guy? If that was yet another case of TLC manufactured DRAMAH, then I am not amused.

Edited to add: Didn't mean to be Debbie Downer with these comments. Not having reasonable access to buildings when I need it makes me grumpy!😊

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, ArmenianGirl said:

How much weight has Chitoka lost so far?  Her arms still have s significant amount of fat. I'm not sure why she thinks she is ready for plastic surgery. 

I think she just really wants it so she thought she would give it a shot.  They do look uncomfortable.

• Love 2