Type keyword(s) to search

Family By The Ton - General Discussion

• Start Topic

They told Amanda they have to tilt the table with her head lower than her feet, and until she's a lot smaller, it would be fatal to do the surgery.     Personally I think there must be a laparoscopic procedure they could do instead, and maybe take some of that lower stomach skin off at the same time.   

• Love 2
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Is there someone out there with more medical knowledge than me (i.e. probably everyone) who can enlighten me why she's not having a hysterectomy NOW? If she was healthy enough to have the sleeve surgery I would think she'd be healthy enough to have the hysterectomy. Something about her story is really...off to me.

I was thinking the same thing. 

I think we were posting our question at then same time! Thanks for the answer, @Hellga!

I am so sorry Amanda. Your dad sounds like he was an A-1 asshole. Loved how she said that he was where he belonged sitting in front of his grave. Glad she put that POS in her past. Heh heh, think of it this way Amanda, you had closure the day they closed the casket on his hateful ass.

And where was mom when he told her she was too disgusting to sit at the dinner table?

• Love 12
Just now, Hellga said:

I think it's a bench, not a grave marker.  I am more used to seeing cemeteries with benches than without, the ones that just have flat plaques on the ground always feel not quite real to me.

Hm. It said In Loving Memory on one side and a last name on the other, and there was flowers on the other side of it.

Sometimes families have benches in their part of the cemetery, if there are a bunch of plots for their family.     They are just decorative, and for visitors to sit, and visit with the departed.     Many cemeteries don't have them, but they have a lot around here at some of the cemeteries.   It does look odd if you're not used to seeing them. 

Other cemeteries have no monuments, except flat headstones, usually bronze or some other metal, that allows for lawn mowing.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

pans to casey’s Dead eye, slack jawed expressionless face. *dead*. 

THAT!  That is what reminds me of Steven!  That same dead-eye expression.

2 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

Hm. It said In Loving Memory on one side and a last name on the other, and there was flowers on the other side of it.

That may be a memorial bench, but not an actual grave marker.  The school I went to as a child has a couple of them, to commemorate teachers and students who passed.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Is there someone out there with more medical knowledge than me (i.e. probably everyone) who can enlighten me why she's not having a hysterectomy NOW? If she was healthy enough to have the sleeve surgery I would think she'd be healthy enough to have the hysterectomy. Something about her story is really...off to me.

I was wondering why they couldn't do it all at the same time.

Amy, your body looks great, but lose the hair extensions.  You look adorable with your haircut! 

I hope she continues to progress and gets to her ideal body weight.  I can see her becoming as fit as her Dad, and it can be a real bonding thing for them too!

Ed is looking pretty decent, though a well-tailored suit will do that to any man (just like a military uniform!).   He still has a looong way to go if he is still nearly 400 pounds.  And I still don't like him.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

And where was mom when he told her she was too disgusting to sit at the dinner table?

I'm thinking that if anyone could be that mean to a child, he was probably abusing his wife as well

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

You go girl Amy! She looks gorgeous, but hey she always looked good anyway.

See Twitney, that could be you in a few months. Oh fuck it, nevermind.

I bet the MBFFL editors would love to cut from Whitney saying she was going to do a “CHALLENGE” to video of Amy doing the Spartan race and then back to Whitney climbing the two footholds and falling back down again. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I love how happy, and healthy Amy is, except for that wig, or whatever it is (might be extensions).       I liked Amy's hair before.  

I'm mean, Ed doesn't look much smaller to me.    It looks like Francie (Ed's wife) lost some weight too, and she looks fantastic. 

Amanda's turn!     I think she wears the long dresses because her legs are misshapen, and I'm not sure a lot of weight loss will really help.     Amanda is doing so well. 

Casey, I don't care if he loses all of the weight, he'll still be a jerk, and sponging off of his parents.  

Next week looks like the second season for the other family, the one that I liked all of them.   

• Love 10

Amanda is definitely looking slimmer around the hips, but she still has ways to go.   They should have waited a few months to do the reveal party so it would be more of a surprise.  Or did they rush to do it now before Casey balloons back? 

• Love 7

Amanda lost well over 100 lbs., but the way she carried so much around the middle, makes it look like less weight.   

Casey still looks awful, and unfortunately, no matter what he weighs will never fix the fact he's a total jerk.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

Amanda's talking head face is way swollen... I wonder if whatever drugs she is on for her cancer and/or to prepare for her surgery are doing that to her.  I hope she will be OK. 

Casey still looks like a pink tub, except stuffed into a suit instead of wrapped in a sheet.  He just got dressed and got a haircut.  Not enough change for me!  Though his face looks more human, it was just a melting blob before. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Wait....why was Casey naked in the early episode?!  Did he just walk around with no clothes on all the time?!

He put a towel over his lap while he played video games on his bed. He's classy like that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

What was Casey's weight at the end?

ShortyMac his pre-operative weight was 631, but his starting weight was around 711. I say that because Dr. Proctor congratulated him on losing 80 pounds to get down to 631. So that would make him around 525 pounds now.

Tee hee you already figured that out while I was posting. 😊

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

All of Casey’s family talking to him about how they feel like they are contributing to the world now doesn’t motivate him at all. He has no interest in that. 

It probably doesn't.  I read an article today about the measles outbreak in Oregon and the anti-vaxxers, it referenced "moral foundations" theory - I had never heard of it before today, but It would be interesting to apply that theory to the morbidly obese participants on this show and my 600-lb... 

https://moralfoundations.org/

• Love 1

Casey will never keep the weight off, and lose a lot more, because then his parents will try to bounce his fanny out on his own.     All of those years sitting in his room could have gone to multiple college degrees online, right from the comfort of his mattress.     Someday when his parents are gone, and whatever he inherits is gone, then he will be totally confused about what to do.    

Amanda and Amy give me hope, and I hope both keep on the right path, and come out healthy, and happy in the end.

Ed is still a jerk that only cares about himself, and I really don't see him or Casey really making an effort long term.      I wonder if Ed's wife saw the footage about him making fun of her before it aired?     I bet that was an eye opener. 

• Love 6