Type keyword(s) to search

Family By The Ton - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I wish Casey would keep his shirt on, seeing those multiple giant blobs of gut, and man boobs are going to affect my appetite.     

Ed is such a whiny baby.     His wife just sits there staring at him, no emotion, and I can't blame her.   I bet he's been a whiner his whole life, and she's over it.   I wonder if she heard about the nasty remarks he made about her, and her weight loss and maintenance?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8

OMG shirtless Casey is right up there with Dr. Pimple Popper on the list of things I do not want to see right after dinner!

At least his Mom is making him move more!   Though he must be delusional about being "very active at the gym" a couple years ago.   No way, Jose.

• Love 6

Ed's wife (Francie?) reminds me of the mom of the kids I used to babysit when I was in high school...

1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Amanda was so nice, keeping it together for Amy's sake while she was in pain.  Hope she is doing OK now.

Did they say what was actually wrong with her?

Edited by ams1001
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Did they say what was actually wrong with her?

Not so far (I am a couple minutes behind though).  I would guess inflammation or infection.  Hopefully not the latter. 

1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Whoa, what did Amy say about getting shots in her stomach? BTW, this autocorrect totally SUCKS!!! 

Gee, can Casey possibly be any more sarcastic? Please just STFU!

I think she said it's something to prevent blood clots and she has to take it for 10 days.

• Love 1

Casey isn't scared of surgery. He's scared he won't be able to devour a quadruple Filet O'Fish/Quarter Pounder breakfast meal every day.

Whoa, what did Amy say about getting shots in her stomach? BTW, this autocorrect totally SUCKS!!! 

It's a blood thinner to keep her from getting clots. I had to take them after I had a pulmonary embolism and the needle was so tiny, I didn't even feel them.

• Love 5

It's one of the modified heparins, I would guess enoxaparin. Very standard for 10 days after surgery.  At least, for her it should be fairly easy - a lot of surface area for shots and no need to really bunch the skin, since there is nice fat layer underneath as is. 

• Love 5
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

She said she has to have 2 shots a day for 10 days to prevent blood clots.

• Love 1

Looks like Amanda just developed (hopefully temporary) oversensitivity to pain.  I hope she recovers quickly and it is not an actual infection hiding underneath. 

Previews showed her standing up to get weighed and I think she was in street clothes  - so I think she is OK. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Oh, wow, those stripes do not play well on TV.

Actually diagonal stripes probably are advisable for someone of her size/shape.  But yes, on TV they did not look so good. 

• Love 2
Just now, Hellga said:

Actually diagonal stripes probably are advisable for someone of her size/shape.  But yes, on TV they did not look so good. 

It was more the eye-dazzling effect on my screen. I'd get a headache if I had to look at that too long.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wish Casey would keep his shirt on, seeing those multiple giant blobs of gut, and man boobs are going to affect my appetite.     

Ed is such a whiny baby.     His wife just sits there staring at him, no emotion, and I can't blame her.   I bet he's been a whiner his whole life, and she's over it.   I wonder if she heard about the nasty remarks he made about her, and her weight loss and maintenance?   

During the doctor visit, was it mentioned that Ed's wife had already had WLS? Thought I heard that.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Oh Amy how "super delicious" can food sold at a bowling alley be? Seriously girl, you can resist.

I think if I had to do just protein shakes for a while, any real food would seem delicious.

I had been on a liquid diet for about three days at a time twice - and I was SO ready for some real food when they were up.   I *love* yoghurt and apple sauce but they get old quickly if that plus jello and broth are all you can have. 

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 3

During the doctor visit, was it mentioned that Ed's wife had already had WLS? Thought I heard that.

Yes, she got it a long time ago, I think in 2004 or 2006... 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

He was such a drama queen! Making faces about the few pills she needs to take. Give me a break. 

• Love 7

I like Amy's Dad and how he is supporting her!    I hope they do end up running an obstacle course.  I did it once and it was fun.  Paintball was more fun though.

At least Ed's daughters seem to really love him, so he is not as unpleasant a person as he has been seen on TV thus far. 

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 7
On 1/17/2019 at 2:15 PM, StitchPunk said:

There are video games that people have to be active for. Why not exercise and play video games at the same time? Even just walking around during slower portions of the game/cutscenes where you don't have to focus as much, especially if the controller is wireless. There are ways to exercise if the typical ways aren't interesting. There are apps that make exercising like a video game too. You level up skills by doing them, or something like Pokemon Go. There's even a running app where you run from zombies. Nobody ever comes up with creative solutions with these shows. If someone doesn't like something, why not combine it with what they do? I'm pretty sure that's the exact reason why they opened a superhero gym here.

Great advice. Brilliant.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Hellga said:

At least Ed's daughters seem to really love him, so he is not as unpleasant a person as he has been seen on TV thus far. 

I was pleasantly surprised when Casey asked him to stop calling him 'fat boy' or whatever it was in the first episode, too. I thought he'd tease him or something but he just agreed. 

How many times in one scene can she say the word "surgery"?

Yes, Ed's wife has WLS, lost 120 lbs, and kept it off.   Ed was laughing about her eating steak, and chewing, then spitting it out.    Then, a week or so later was telling the doctors or some other staff member how proud he was of her, but I'm sure she's not going to be happy when she hears what he really thinks of her.     I suspect that when the kids leave the home in a few years, she might be going away too.

• Love 5

Wow, Casey is such as clown.

Just now, mmecorday said:

OK, did Ed and Casey actually "pig out" on burgers or did Ed just have one burger with him?

My guess - Ed had a burger (maybe two) and Casey pigged out!

• Love 6