Type keyword(s) to search

Futurama - General Discussion

• Start Topic

From "Reincarnation" 

Professor Farnsworth: Why are the laws of physics what they are, instead of some other laws? To find out we would need to recreate the conditions BEFORE the big bang! It would take decades of work, by thousands of scientists, in a particle accelerator powered by dump trucks of flaming grant money!

Thought I'd start a thread for the best emotional moments of Futurama.  My favorites are:

* Seymour *sniffle*

* Everything in "The Late Philip J. Fry"

* The end of "Fun on A Bun" with Fry and Leela vaguely recognizing each other in their respective amnesiac states, culminating in a passionate kiss that triggers both their memories.  That has to be one of the most epic kisses in the history of animated television.

* The montage of Fry living on the Amish Planet with Ghost Bender.   The sad look on Bender's face when he tries to hug Fry always touches me...one of his few geniunely soft moments on the show.

And of course, the series finale.

• Love 1

The end of the Luck of the Fryish when Fry is reading his nephew's tombstone and we see it says "Here Lies Philip J. Fry, named for his uncle, to carry on his spirit".  Gets me every single time.  

The end of The Sting when you hear Fry and Leela whisper that they could both use a shower.  Billy and Katey  just nailed the emotion in those two lines.

• Love 3

"There's nothing in here but a couple of elephant skin rugs..."

"Animals in the zoo go in the corner." "The corner! Why didn't I think of that?"

"OMG! It's inhuman. Like Hong Kong."

"And IIIIII will always love you-" "The humans are attacking!"

I turned on Comedy Central today and I was able to catch the rerun of Space Pilot 3000 episode and my favorite quote, from that episode, was when they were inside that closet (or dungeon) in the Head Museum:

Fry: Who cares what you're programmed for? If someone programed you to jumped off a bridge would you do it?

Bender: I have to check my program. Yep!

and my second favorite quote from that episode was:

Fry: Come on Bender. It's up to you to make your own decisions in life. That's what's separates people... and robots from animals....and animal robots!

My favourite joke has to be when there  is a race and the announcer goes "And it will take an Electron Microscope to separate them." only for the Professor to object "No fair! They altered that result by observing it!" It takes a lot of confidence in your audience to make a Quantum Mechanics joke!

Don't ever forget that Morbo, Lllr and the Horrible Gelatinous Blob sound nothing alike!  Nothing!

I'm not sure if he is on enough to count as a secondary character (would then he be a thirdondary?) but one of my favorites is Randy. 

When Kiff presents Amy with a hologram of how their life could be: Amy:" It's the pony I always wanted but couldn't have! Because my parents said I had enough ponies!"

Branigan:"Kiff, I'm feeling the captain's itch." Kiff::"I'll get the powder."

Cartoon Network has started rerunning the series.

"The Sting" aired the other night. Every time Fry pleads to Leela to wake up is heartbreaking, especially when you know it's Leela in the coma.

The series finale aired too. Fry and Leela's entire life together after time stopped is poignant, and their decision to do it all again, even though they won't remember.

I can't rewatch the Seymour episode. 

• Love 4
On 12/24/2014 at 10:30 PM, JTMacc99 said:

I watched the first two Santabot episodes on Netflix today. For whatever reason, his description of his trip on Xmas eve as a "brutal rampage" cracked me up this time.

"Your mistletoe is no match for my T.O.W. missle!"

• Love 3

I seem to be the only one posting here, but I've been watching the episodes semi-binging (Cartoon Network airs them in groups of four or five.) I'm struck by how many of the poignant episodes involve Fry. I wonder if that comes from Fry's status as the "fish out of water, and the way he has to adapt to a whole new world.

• Love 2

As a fan of college women's basketball, I love the part in "Amazon Women in the Mood" where the Amazonians show off their basketball court before one declares, "We no dunk, but good fundamentals.  That more important anyway."  The writers really connected with the anger that some of the defenders of the sport express, in a very funny way (especially when Bea Arthur's fembot/femputer character is set off by the men insulting women's basketball and decides that's the final straw, she's sentencing them to death).  And not long after the episode originally aired, I was watching a game in which an announcer commented on how well one team was doing from the free-throw line.  I repeated the line from this episode, only for the announcer to immediately declare (in a wistful tone), "Fundamentals."  I laughed so hard I almost fell off the couch, and my mother came in and said, "I didn't realize basketball was so funny."

• Love 2

Today Music Choice was playing "Funkytown" (the cover version no less) which caused me to flash back to another moment in "Amazon Women in the Mood," when Amy/Kif and Zapp and the very reluctant Leela are having their date and Morbo does karaoke and starts singing "Funkytown" with his usual amount of vitriol.  I had to sing it like him.  I loved whenever he'd be at the news desk and start yelling things about death to all humans, etc. and his co-anchor would just let out a clueless laugh.

• Love 1

Washington: Oh, Bender. Thou robots really cracketh me up.

Washington: So, telleth, Bender. What hath happened to your body?
Bender: I hocked it.
Washington: Hocked it? Why wouldst thou do that?
Bender: Same reason you hocked your teeth.
Washington: Ah. Booze money.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Music Choice's Sounds of the Seasons keeps playing a song by Sia called "Santa's Coming for Us," and it's meant as a cute, pleasant song, but the title keeps making me think of the Futurama Xmas episodes where Santa (John Goodman) was trying to kill everyone!  I remember that FOX postponed one of them for an entire year (I E-mailed them to ask why, and they would reply to E-mails, but they just said, "We're going to show it next year"), and then it had to be on in a later time slot so it wouldn't frighten people or something.

• Love 2

This is still my favorite show of all time.  Every few months I'll watch a season.

I have also been listening to Jinkx Monsoon I'm 40% podcast!  She has been going episode by episode with guests that have never seen it or are super fans.

So good!

• Love 2

Hulu has ordered 20 new episodes of Futurama, the adult animated sci-fi comedy series. Original series cast members Billy West, Katey Sagal, Tress MacNeille, Maurice LaMarche, Lauren Tom, Phil LaMarr and David Herman will all return. John DiMaggio, who voiced Bender and several minor characters, is not currently attached.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Hulu has ordered 20 new episodes of Futurama, the adult animated sci-fi comedy series.

Excellent, as long as it streams somewhere incanada. Fururama is one of my favourite animated series of all time.

10 hours ago, festivus said:

I just learned about this. I'm really so excited since Futurama is my favorite animated show. But, I thought the ending was so perfect. Don't fuck it up, guys. 

Fry and Leela better still be married.

And it’s not going to work if they can’t get DiMaggio back as Bender.

• Love 1