Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

Futurama

From "Reincarnation" 

Professor Farnsworth: Why are the laws of physics what they are, instead of some other laws? To find out we would need to recreate the conditions BEFORE the big bang! It would take decades of work, by thousands of scientists, in a particle accelerator powered by dump trucks of flaming grant money!

Thought I'd start a thread for the best emotional moments of Futurama.  My favorites are:

* Seymour *sniffle*

* Everything in "The Late Philip J. Fry"

* The end of "Fun on A Bun" with Fry and Leela vaguely recognizing each other in their respective amnesiac states, culminating in a passionate kiss that triggers both their memories.  That has to be one of the most epic kisses in the history of animated television.

* The montage of Fry living on the Amish Planet with Ghost Bender.   The sad look on Bender's face when he tries to hug Fry always touches me...one of his few geniunely soft moments on the show.

And of course, the series finale.

• Like 1

The end of the Luck of the Fryish when Fry is reading his nephew's tombstone and we see it says "Here Lies Philip J. Fry, named for his uncle, to carry on his spirit".  Gets me every single time.  

The end of The Sting when you hear Fry and Leela whisper that they could both use a shower.  Billy and Katey  just nailed the emotion in those two lines.

• Like 2

"There's nothing in here but a couple of elephant skin rugs..."

"Animals in the zoo go in the corner." "The corner! Why didn't I think of that?"

"OMG! It's inhuman. Like Hong Kong."

"And IIIIII will always love you-" "The humans are attacking!"

I turned on Comedy Central today and I was able to catch the rerun of Space Pilot 3000 episode and my favorite quote, from that episode, was when they were inside that closet (or dungeon) in the Head Museum:

Fry: Who cares what you're programmed for? If someone programed you to jumped off a bridge would you do it?

Bender: I have to check my program. Yep!

and my second favorite quote from that episode was:

Fry: Come on Bender. It's up to you to make your own decisions in life. That's what's separates people... and robots from animals....and animal robots!

My favourite joke has to be when there  is a race and the announcer goes "And it will take an Electron Microscope to separate them." only for the Professor to object "No fair! They altered that result by observing it!" It takes a lot of confidence in your audience to make a Quantum Mechanics joke!

Don't ever forget that Morbo, Lllr and the Horrible Gelatinous Blob sound nothing alike!  Nothing!

I'm not sure if he is on enough to count as a secondary character (would then he be a thirdondary?) but one of my favorites is Randy. 

When Kiff presents Amy with a hologram of how their life could be: Amy:" It's the pony I always wanted but couldn't have! Because my parents said I had enough ponies!"

Branigan:"Kiff, I'm feeling the captain's itch." Kiff::"I'll get the powder."

I watched the first two Santabot episodes on Netflix today. For whatever reason, his description of his trip on Xmas eve as a "brutal rampage" cracked me up this time.

"My whole life, I have been mad at him and it wasn't his fault!"

Boy, stuff has really set me on the path to Ugly Cry today.

• Like 1

Cartoon Network has started rerunning the series.

"The Sting" aired the other night. Every time Fry pleads to Leela to wake up is heartbreaking, especially when you know it's Leela in the coma.

The series finale aired too. Fry and Leela's entire life together after time stopped is poignant, and their decision to do it all again, even though they won't remember.

I can't rewatch the Seymour episode. 

• Like 4

On 12/24/2014 at 10:30 PM, JTMacc99 said:

I watched the first two Santabot episodes on Netflix today. For whatever reason, his description of his trip on Xmas eve as a "brutal rampage" cracked me up this time.

"Your mistletoe is no match for my T.O.W. missle!"

• Like 3

I seem to be the only one posting here, but I've been watching the episodes semi-binging (Cartoon Network airs them in groups of four or five.) I'm struck by how many of the poignant episodes involve Fry. I wonder if that comes from Fry's status as the "fish out of water, and the way he has to adapt to a whole new world.

• Like 1