Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E32: Reunion Part 2

druzy
  • Start Topic

Maci sits down with Jen and Larry for an update on Ryan.

Maci and Taylor talk about their relationship with Jen and Larry, and they go over what they can all do to lessen the tension.

Amber meets Gary’s biological father.

Andrew gets emotional while talking about raising children with Amber, and they hint at their plans for the future.

Cheyenne and Corey cross the line.

Cory tears up as he talks about Ryder, and Dr. Drew and Nessa put Cheyenne in the hot seat by asking how long she's willing to wait for Cory.

Bristol and Dakota have a breakthrough in their relationship.

Cate and Ty welcome Butch to his first reunion.

Airs Monday December 31, 2018

• Love 4

Well, I’m just on the edge of my seat wondering what Amber will think of Gary’s father! Wth? Why is that “a thing”? I hope Gary’s dad is all, ‘so, you’re the unstable nightmare who used to beat my son. Somehow you’re a worse parent to Leah than I have been to Gary. At least I didn’t know I had a son, you’ve known all along that you have a daughter and you’ve neglected her practically her whole life..’

The first reunion episode still isn’t even up anywhere where I normally watch episodes- no1 currrr about this show anymore! I had to watch it on the mtv site (I got a family member’s Spectrum login so I can watch anything on their site now! Y’all should do that if you’re able, it works on bravo and a bunch of other sites too.) and that sucked because of all the commercials.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 12
On 12/30/2018 at 11:54 PM, Rebecca said:

Well, I’m just on the edge of my seat wondering what Amber will think of Gary’s father! Wth? Why is that “a thing”? I hope Gary’s dad is all, ‘so, you’re the unstable nightmare who used to beat my son. Somehow you’re a worse parent to Leah than I have been to Gary. At least I didn’t know I had a son, you’ve known all along that you have a daughter and you’ve neglected her practically her whole life..’

The first reunion episode still isn’t even up anywhere where I normally watch episodes- no1 currrr about this show anymore! I had to watch it on the mtv site (I got a family member’s Spectrum login so I can watch anything on their site now! Y’all should do that if you’re able, it works on bravo and a bunch of other sites too.) and that sucked because of all the commercials.

You can also create a fake email account and sign up for the free 24 hour pass lol. I’m on email 623 now 😆😆 

Plus, it doesn’t make me watch commercials anymore for some reason. 

I agree also, why is it important for Amber to meet Gary’s father?!?! Unless because it’s Leahs real grandpa but goddamn. It’s true “so you’re the bitch that manhandled my new baby boy and continues to bully him?? Well there is a new sheriff in town and no sassy lady is going to treat my new son with such disrespect. Now, Kristina here is a really lady who has treated my boy right - why are you making that poop face?? Why are you charging at me??? Um, MR. Dr. Drew is she going to hit me??? Is there security??? Ooooooouch, bitch!”

Security takes Amber off stage and she is still employed. 

Not how it happened?? I won’t know it because I’m skipping this snore fest. 😁

I’m having more fun creating my own narrative. Cancellation time.

Edited by Calm81
Just noticed I put manchild instead of manhandled lol.
  • Love 14

I'm just grateful there was no Mack at this reunion. 

I think Dakota is still in love with Bristol. I think all the nastiness was born out of hurt and self loathing. But if he's not willing to do any kind of therapy or get help with his PTSD, he'll never be any good for anyone. 

It's also painfully obvious that Cheyenne is in love with Corey. But Corey just wants to play the field. And why should be commit? She gives him the emotional support, sleeps with him on occasion, lets him see his kid whenever. He's happy as a clam. 

Tyler is clearly still very angry. I can't say I blame him. But he's got to get serious about helping himself, or that anger will eat him alive. 

I'm glad to see Birch a year sober. Hopefully he can keep it up. I'm not as optimistic about Grim Reaperette aka Amber. 

It must suck for Amber P that she threatened suicide and her story is STILL mostly made up of Gary and his search for his dad (who sounds just like him too!) or Kristina's ectopic pregnancy. 

Damn, She was FOUR months when they discovered it? That's crazy. 

Did y'all catch Amber nearly revealing a crush of Leah's on national tv? Kristina tried to cover real quick. Nothing is sacred with Amber. It's all a joke to her. Thank God Gary is already having the sex talks. 

• Love 20

This is a terrible thing to say, but I dont see AMber Baltierra being successful in her sobriety. Maybe it just hasn't been long enough yet. I also very much doubt her "rock bottom " story was really the lowest she went. I also think Butch might relapse as well. From what I've read, it would be extremely difficult for a lifelong addict to remain sober. I hope I'm wrong. 

Amber is such a slob and does not deserve to be on the same stage as Leah's real parents. She has to act like she knows more about Leah than Kristina does-  "Didnt you know, Leah had a crush on a boy for a few weeks...?" 

And when asked what makes James laugh, Amber didn't really have an answer.

Wow, Kristina was 4 months along with an ectopic pregnancy  ? I always thought those were found out earlier, like 8 weeks or less. Scary.

I ff Maci Black Lips and her boring segment.  Why embarrass Bentley  about his gf ? What us wrong with these fools ?

I dont watch the new girls, so I raced thru this episode in 20 minutes  ! Yay, me !

• Love 15

Broughton Amber??? Someone refresh my memory. Did Amber go to school? Fucking moron!

Tyler's anger is beginning to scare me. Keep one eye open while you sleep Cate.

Baby James is a cutie. Sorry about your dumbass parents kiddo.

I ff through Bristol and Cheyenne so that's all I got. Oh wait Dr Drew is a douche.

• Love 5

I could hardly read ALLLL of the comments there’s so many. Lol. But sadly, you guys pretty much summed up the show so I don’t have to watch.

I can’t believe Kristina was four months pregnant when it happened?!? I’m surprised not to read that Amber interjected by saying “Oh Kristina that is so horrible I’m so sorry, but yeah I was five months along when my miscarriage happened so I can relate” expecting all of the sympathy to shift from Kristina to Amber from the audience lol.

Bitch, they didn’t even care when you said you were suicidal. You got a generic “awwwww” from the audience just so you wouldn’t stampede off the stage lol. You were trying to get the same sympathy Cate received. Btw, I wonder if that pissed off Cate when Amber bitched about the extra time she got.

Im so happy to read that Kristina is intuitive enough towards Leah to quickly shut Amber up about Leah’s crush. Is Amber insane??? I’d flip if someone revealed my 11 year old self’s crush. Amber is trying too hard to prove how much she is involved in Leah’s life that she’s making Leah hate her even more. 

Interesting to know Tyler is still seething with rage while on social media Cate and Ty are saying the separation worked out great for their marriage. I read between the lines as Tyler was simply implying “I enjoyed being away from Mrs. lazy bones for thirty days and can’t wait to do it again so I’m going to fill her head with BS about how helpful it was and how I was on the verge of a divorce until I got the break causing Catelynn to agree to more temporary separations in the future.” Lol.

So I basically didn’t miss much.

• Love 12
On 12/31/2018 at 10:30 AM, Calm81 said:

You can also create a fake email account and sign up for the free 24 hour pass lol. I’m on email 623 now 😆😆 

Plus, it doesn’t make me watch commercials anymore for some reason. 

I agree also, why is it important for Amber to meet Gary’s father?!?! Unless because it’s Leahs real grandpa but goddamn. It’s true “so you’re the bitch that manhandled my new baby boy and continues to bully him?? Well there is a new sheriff in town and no sassy lady is going to treat my new son with such disrespect. Now, Kristina here is a really lady who has treated my boy right - why are you making that poop face?? Why are you charging at me??? Um, MR. Dr. Drew is she going to hit me??? Is there security??? Ooooooouch, bitch!”

Security takes Amber off stage and she is still employed. 

Not how it happened?? I won’t know it because I’m skipping this snore fest. 😁

I’m having more fun creating my own narrative. Cancellation time.

I didn’t watch this episode and for a quick second I thought this really happened-lol. Because, you know...Amber.

• Love 1

I agree also, why is it important for Amber to meet Gary’s father?!?! 

Its desperation time filler, because they have nothing else to show. The girls won't physically attack each other like on Teen Mom 2, so they're left with Gary's story line to try and create drama.

I wonder if these moms realize how close this show is to cancellation. New Year's Eve?? That's where shows go to die. The equivalent to being moved to Friday night. 

Has MTV renewed for another season? Cause this shit is getting boring as hell. No one cares that Cheyenne and Cori hooked up. Or that Dakota and Bristol speak to each other now. What this show really needs is a Jenelle.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Im so happy to read that Kristina is intuitive enough towards Leah to quickly shut Amber up about Leah’s crush. Is Amber insane??? I’d flip if someone revealed my 11 year old self’s crush. Amber is trying too hard to prove how much she is involved in Leah’s life that she’s making Leah hate her even more. 

These women just see their children of an extension of themselves. So when Dr. Drew asks about Leah, he's really asking about Amber. She answers as she wants to. Gary and Kristina see Leah (rightfully so) as her own person, who has emotions and boundaries. I'm so glad she lucked out on that side. 

• Love 12

Wish I could see what attracts all these women to Corey but I don’t. Besides being on multiple reality shows, does he actually have a job? Did he just happen to live in Cheyenne’s home town or did he just relocate to make sure he doesn’t miss a chance to have his face on TV. Must admit, if you’re going to get someone pregnant it might as well be someone on a reality show. We’ll see what a great father he is when the cameras are gone. Cheyenne, you hitched your wagon to the wrong star.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Wish I could see what attracts all these women to Corey but I don’t. Besides being on multiple reality shows, does he actually have a job? Did he just happen to live in Cheyenne’s home town or did he just relocate to make sure he doesn’t miss a chance to have his face on TV. Must admit, if you’re going to get someone pregnant it might as well be someone on a reality show. We’ll see what a great father he is when the cameras are gone. Cheyenne, you hitched your wagon to the wrong star.

That’s how I feel. He just “pops” in when the cameras showed up. I think even Cheyenne mentioned how after the DNA results showed Cory to be the father, Cory was out hooking up with random chicks on “ex on the beach” using “I just found out I’m a father” as an excuse to have people let him win the cash.

Immediately after, he reappeared on The challenge where he’s hooking up with random girls while laying on the guilt tip “I’m playing for my new daughter Ryder, I need this money for Ryder and nobody is coming in between in” before people vote in who they want to go into elimination (If you ever watch the show,  Tony also uses the “i have kids” guilt trip so people don’t vote them home but he spends 9 out of 12 months on the show in other countries trying hard not to cheat on his second baby momma) so after he got off the challenge the timing was perfect for MTV to start filming the new season of TM OG (it’s like MTV scheduled these shows around certain cast members because they made the schedule super convenient for Cory “fan favorite” to appear in all shows) and for Cory to BEGIN playing Daddy!!! 

I’m sure as soon as filming ended for TMOG he was off filming the next season of the challenge out of the country with the mantra “I’m doing this for Ryder, to give her a better life” or “AKA” I’m doing it so I can have the money and so I can bang hot chicks in exotic countries and I can maintain and grow my social media following while Cheyenne stays home doing most of the heavy lifting with Ryder, but it appears he pays good child support because she appears fine with him leaving for all of these shows because she doesn’t need to work as the child support checks are good from Cory, MTV gives him nice change for appearance fees along with the TM contract.

TL;DR

Cory is super Dad for the cameras but is gone 75% on other reality tv shows banging other women and will never commit to Cheyenne with that much potential action to be had. #opportunists. 

I could be wrong in my assessment of Cory 🙄

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 9

I think that after their first child was put up for adoption, Cate and Tyler needed to go their separate ways, at least for a while.  Tyler feels trapped, hence the anger.  I think Cate somehow blames Tyler for giving up the first child, or she's hellbent on proving that they just didn't hook up and produce Carly, that it was true love forever, so she's doing every possible thing to keep him with her.  Clearly, he wants out.   With her doing so little, unlikely he walks away, unless he could get primary custody of their kids.  Cate doesn't do squat from what little I've seen.  She says she does so much, but nah.

Amber, oh the show is making my life miserable.  Bet you'd be a lot more miserable if you didn't have the money from the show.  If you're that miserable, quit and get some real help.

At the end of the show, it was all rainbows and sunshine.  Wait a minute.  I thought the point of the show was to show the struggles of teen moms, i.e. safe sex, don't get knocked up as a teen.

Then Drew says some statement about safe sex.  I thought it was poorly timed.  So you have beautiful children onstage, and you're talking about how to avoid (these) unplanned pregnancies?  WTH.  You have at least two kids who would understand what that means.  

• Love 7

The only entertaining moment on this episode was at the end when Drew asked Bristol and Dakota about the kids and Dakota says to her "I thought you had them" which made her laugh. It was actually a nice moment between them. 

Just from listening to Amber talk, we can see she has no idea what is going on in Leah's life.

• Love 10

I know everyone in the audience had to "awww" Amber when she was talking about her thoughts of suicide, but I just couldn't stop rolling my eyes every time she spoke. I know she's reality tv gold because she's such a drama queen, but holy moly can she ever just stop feeling sorry for herself for even just 1 minute? I know Andrew has stuff up his sleeve and just wanted a sugar mama, but I feel more badly for him than I do her. I don't think any amount of money is worth hearing that whiny, woe is me voice on a daily basis. Her mental health issues only come out when she is too tired/ not in the mood to take care of her children.

Bristol & Dakota- Does it matter if he wants her back or not? She couldn't be more distant on that couch from him if she tried. She is not interested whatsoever.

Catelynn & Tyler- In what world is there passion between those two? I think Tyler getting an actual job would be an enjoyable,relaxing vacation for him at this point. 

Maci- eh, who cares? No one is to blame except for Ryan.

Cheyenne & Corey- She is so in love with him and I actually think that if she would stop having sex with him and stop telling him she'll wait for as long as he needs and until he's ready for her, he'd come around and realize he feels the same way. But also, he is just too much of a famewhore to ever settle down. He'd cheat on her instantly if they got together and he knows that. 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 4

I was so distracted by the awfulness of Dr. Drew it made it difficult to concentrate on the show itself...OMG he is just the worst. At this point he is such a joke and so old that I don't see how he can keep this gig. Adding a younger co host hasn't helped because she is just as bad. Anyway, some of my observations:

Amber and Andrew: She might be a liar...I don't buy her miscarriage story. She cannot stand Christina getting any attention. She knows Christina is liked by everyone and loved by Leah. Must make her insane. Andrew is so passive and docile...Amber just rolls all over him. Wait till her aggressive side kicks in and she starts picking fights and lashing out...he better get himself a good attorney and start making plans to get baby James out of there. Thankfully, he seems to be the main caretaker of the baby as Gary was with Leah...he should hightail it back to California and start working again before he gets sucked into the slacker lifestyle of couch to bed to couch with Amber and all her mental health problems. 

Bristol and Dakota: Dakota seems like a very stubborn, confrontational guy. He won't go therapy or get help of any kind for his PTSD and claims that just talking to his buddies is helpful...if that's the case, why is he so miserable? Bristol is boring...she has anger issues too. Remember the party back in Alaska that she and her family crashed a few years ago? She was drunk and sucker punched some guy there. She's no angel...maybe she should show that side of herself, it might make her segments more interesting...LOL!

Catelynn and Tyler:  Just put a fork in it already! Tyler is miserable and angry. Think about it...he has no job or career. He's not fulfilled any of the hopes and dreams he had when he was 10 years younger. He never went to college or even community college...never got a degree that would enable him to work with at risk youth which is what he wanted to do. Besides taking care of Nova, Cate, Butch and Amber he really has nothing going for himself. Cate is selfish and needy...she doesn't encourage him to go forward with a life plan because she is afraid of losing him. They are codependent. I don't think he is in love with her anymore and he really needs to break free from this unhealthy relationship and work on life plan that will hopefully include continuing his education and getting a job that makes him feel fulfilled. 

Maci: Nothing to see here...without whining about Ryan (who is no longer on the show), there is nothing. 

Cheyenne and Corey: She needs to move on and get a life outside of reality TV. Corey is a player...he wants to go to clubs and have hook ups with as many women as possible. Which makes me wonder why Cheyenne would have unprotected sex with a guy who is banging every girl that walks by.  Instead of Dr. Drew lecturing about unplanned teen pregnancy he should be lecturing about unprotected sex that can lead to STD's AND pregnancies. Cheyenne wants a husband and a nuclear family but it ain't gonna be with Corey...he is content with his life as it is...loves his child and spends quality time with her, hooks up his baby mama when he wants, goes to clubs and gets laid when he wants and keeps going on reality TV shows as long as possible. Not marriage material Cheyenne.

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, MaggieG said:

The only entertaining moment on this episode was at the end when Drew asked Bristol and Dakota about the kids and Dakota says to her "I thought you had them" which made her laugh. It was actually a nice moment between them. 

I think if those two could just stop trying to prove that THEY'RE right all the time, they might actually be able to get along and be effective co-parents. But they're both just super stubborn and prideful. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Calm81 said:

That’s how I feel. He just “pops” in when the cameras showed up. I think even Cheyenne mentioned how after the DNA results showed Cory to be the father, Cory was out hooking up with random chicks on “ex on the beach” using “I just found out I’m a father” as an excuse to have people let him win the cash.

Immediately after, he reappeared on The challenge where he’s hooking up with random girls while laying on the guilt tip “I’m playing for my new daughter Ryder, I need this money for Ryder and nobody is coming in between in” before people vote in who they want to go into elimination (If you ever watch the show,  Tony also uses the “i have kids” guilt trip so people don’t vote them home but he spends 9 out of 12 months on the show in other countries trying hard not to cheat on his second baby momma) so after he got off the challenge the timing was perfect for MTV to start filming the new season of TM OG (it’s like MTV scheduled these shows around certain cast members because they made the schedule super convenient for Cory “fan favorite” to appear in all shows) and for Cory to BEGIN playing Daddy!!! 

I’m sure as soon as filming ended for TMOG he was off filming the next season of the challenge out of the country with the mantra “I’m doing this for Ryder, to give her a better life” or “AKA” I’m doing it so I can have the money and so I can bang hot chicks in exotic countries and I can maintain and grow my social media following while Cheyenne stays home doing most of the heavy lifting with Ryder, but it appears he pays good child support because she appears fine with him leaving for all of these shows because she doesn’t need to work as the child support checks are good from Cory, MTV gives him nice change for appearance fees along with the TM contract.

TL;DR

Cory is super Dad for the cameras but is gone 75% on other reality tv shows banging other women and will never commit to Cheyenne with that much potential action to be had. #opportunists. 

I could be wrong in my assessment of Cory 🙄

Dude sucks at being a 100% dad and sucks at the Challenge. Every show he has bee. on be has fucked someone, he is so fucking nasty. I think he just goes on the show for the pussy, being put up in a cool place for awhile. But I'm getting sick of him playing the I have kids bs, so fucking what, that was bound to happen with as many times he fucks, just like Tony. Tony was the same way. always hooking up. Both need to go and get a fucking job to support their kids instead of doing the Challenge. Tony at least has gotten better at it, while Corey still sucks.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I’ve got a grin on my face that looks like little calms face on Xmas morning 😁😁😁😁 ...can it be really happening???   I can taste the cancellation.

Hey, if we all visualize it being canceled already and talk like it’s already canceled the law of attraction may make this happen much sooner!!!!

Edited by Calm81
Typo
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

Day 1 of my recovery:  I deleted both this episode and the unseen moments episode without watching.   Maybe I am done, done.  

I wish you luck. I haven't been able to stop watching this boring show yet, but getting there! 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

I think that after their first child was put up for adoption, Cate and Tyler needed to go their separate ways, at least for a while.  Tyler feels trapped, hence the anger.  I think Cate somehow blames Tyler for giving up the first child, or she's hellbent on proving that they just didn't hook up and produce Carly, that it was true love forever, so she's doing every possible thing to keep him with her.  Clearly, he wants out.   With her doing so little, unlikely he walks away, unless he could get primary custody of their kids.  Cate doesn't do squat from what little I've seen.  She says she does so much, but nah.

Cate blames Tyler for giving up Carly because he basically told her that if she didn't give Carly up, he was leaving her.  Cate wasn't in any kind of position to keep a kid on her own, her mother was married to Butch at that point and they were both drinking/drugging and fighting, so, I would imagine that Tyler would be the only thing that seemed somewhat stable in her life and also, the logic of giving their kid a better life than what they had seemed attractive.  Of course, she was still stuck in a damaging situation, made a choice that is life impacting based on an ultimatum from a guy who was emotionally manipulating her and well, the only way you can really reconcile that is to reframe it as "we were meant to be forever and ever"  

Tyler, of course, later has his own issues with the adoption and maybe tires of being in the relationship.  After the Teen Mom cameras go down, they do a turn on Couples Therapy, where they discuss why they had postponed their wedding, and it amounts to "Tyler doesn't really want to marry Cate and feels stuck being Tyler plus Cate 4-eva!"  They sort of work through their shit, but maybe not, but maybe yes? Then, boom! Cate is pregnant! Cameras! Wedding! Oh, hey, there's a kid we have to take care of?  

And then, of course, Cate did legitimately have a traumatic childhood.  She didn't really deal with that and has kind of spent the last decade following Tyler around trying to make everything into the fairytale that makes giving Carly up worth it.  If they just work out, if they turn out to be the dream couple, then they will have made it and it will be sad that they couldn't raise her, but, they would have made the right decision, but look, they STILL made it, despite all the odds.  Only, I don't think either of them are all that happy. 

• Love 6

I have so little respect for Dr.Drew but the epitome of his total suckiness as a professional was that he didn’t at least tell that ass hole Corey to wrap it up; if not just to protect himself from more little Jagger’s to support, but possibly passing on some serious STD’s. Instead he just kind of said, “ well, he’s not ready to settle down yet - boys will be boys la, de, da”.  This lack of even pretending that this “ social experiment” is NOT to encourage safe sex but to exploit and encourage this behavior. MTV should be ashamed but Dr. Drew should lose his medical license.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Just from listening to Amber talk, we can see she has no idea what is going on in Leah's life.

amber doesn't know what makes her son smile, so here is another offspring she has no idea what is going on in his life.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I have so little respect for Dr.Drew but the epitome of his total suckiness as a professional was that he didn’t at least tell that ass hole Corey to wrap it up; if not just to protect himself from more little Jagger’s to support, but possibly passing on some serious STD’s. Instead he just kind of said, “ well, he’s not ready to settle down yet - boys will be boys la, de, da”.  This lack of even pretending that this “ social experiment” is NOT to encourage safe sex but to exploit and encourage this behavior. MTV should be ashamed but Dr. Drew should lose his medical license.

YES! I shouldn't be shocked by Dr. Drew's comments on Corey not being able to commit but I was. "Guys are just like that"? Really Dr. Drew? So you are condoning "guys" just randomly hooking up with anything that has a vagina and having unprotected sex? It's just guys being guys? Wow...he more or less told Cheyenne not to expect any guy to commit until he's banged everything in sight. There, there Cheyenne..here's a tissue...wipe away your tears and move on. Corey needs to have many many sexual partners before he "settles" down...maybe you should explain this to Ryder when she's asking why Daddy is with so many other women. Dr. Drew is a misogynist. He continually makes the most sexist remarks on these reunion shows. He and the ditzy co host should both be fired.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

YES! I shouldn't be shocked by Dr. Drew's comments on Corey not being able to commit but I was. "Guys are just like that"? Really Dr. Drew? So you are condoning "guys" just randomly hooking up with anything that has a vagina and having unprotected sex? It's just guys being guys? Wow...he more or less told Cheyenne not to expect any guy to commit until he's banged everything in sight. There, there Cheyenne..here's a tissue...wipe away your tears and move on. Corey needs to have many many sexual partners before he "settles" down...maybe you should explain this to Ryder when she's asking why Daddy is with so many other women. Dr. Drew is a misogynist. He continually makes the most sexist remarks on these reunion shows. He and the ditzy co host should both be fired.

Yes! I really, really hate Drew. His patronizing misogyny is off the charts. His constant sweeping statements about how "women are like this..." and "men are like that..." drive me crazy. And he's made innumerable statements about how women are essentially irrational and childlike and need to be "contained" (a term he's actually used) by men, even men who are total losers who can't even "contain" their own genitalia. Seriously, don't get me started.

It's twisted and actually dangerous that he's presented as an "expert" and a "medical professional" on a show that's (I guess) primarily targeted to young people. They could actually help young people by employing a medical/mental health professional who espoused a modern, scientifically informed approach to sex/relationships/life/drugs/etc., and I would assume that there are literally hundreds of younger, more conscious and connected health professionals/media people who would kill (or at least actually watch the episodes/keep abreast of what's going on with the cast members) to take his role on the shows, for less money even. I seriously don't get why MTV continues to use him. It's not like he has a big following among teens/young adults or like he has qualities that would be particularly appealing to that demographic. I'm sure there are many, many trained therapists/whatever who want to be on TV and are more attractive, younger, hipper, etc., etc. Drew is an uptight, uninformed, uncharismatic embarrassment.

• Love 15
45 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Yes! I really, really hate Drew. His patronizing misogyny is off the charts. His constant sweeping statements about how "women are like this..." and "men are like that..." drive me crazy. And he's made innumerable statements about how women are essentially irrational and childlike and need to be "contained" (a term he's actually used) by men, even men who are total losers who can't even "contain" their own genitalia. Seriously, don't get me started.

It's twisted and actually dangerous that he's presented as an "expert" and a "medical professional" on a show that's (I guess) primarily targeted to young people. They could actually help young people by employing a medical/mental health professional who espoused a modern, scientifically informed approach to sex/relationships/life/drugs/etc., and I would assume that there are literally hundreds of younger, more conscious and connected health professionals/media people who would kill (or at least actually watch the episodes/keep abreast of what's going on with the cast members) to take his role on the shows, for less money even. I seriously don't get why MTV continues to use him. It's not like he has a big following among teens/young adults or like he has qualities that would be particularly appealing to that demographic. I'm sure there are many, many trained therapists/whatever who want to be on TV and are more attractive, younger, hipper, etc., etc. Drew is an uptight, uninformed, uncharismatic embarrassment.

Well said. The only reason I can think of of why MTV keeps Dr. Drew on this show is due to his connection with the VH 1 show Celebrity Rehab. A show that was not renewed and has been off the air for years. It seems like everyone connected with this franchise from the producers to the hosts of the reunion shows are dated, old and clueless...let me clarify however, Nessa isn’t old, just a terrible host.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

On the Teen Mom: Young & Pregnant reunion, Angela Simmons (host) was joined by Dr. Joy Bradford. Where has Dr. Joy been hiding for the last 10 years?

Kick Drew and Nessa to the curb and let’s see Dr. Joy work her magic. (Who did Nessa piss off in the wardrobe dept? That dress! The texture and that shade of yellow? Awful.)

I was so impressed with the way Dr. Joy asked specific questions to the peeps on the couch because it required them to give a specific answer.

None of the Cate-who-can’t-even-be-bothered-to-clap-because-it requires-energy (anyone else notice that?) shit would have been tolerated with this lady. She would’ve definitely asked Cate: “Why is it that you can’t clap for 10 seconds as we break for a commercial?” and she would’ve waited for an answer. She was soft spoken, but firm in her request for information. 

Here’s an excerpt of her bio from her website. If she isn’t perfect for the majority of these TM OG lazy assholes, I don’t know who is!

I am a licensed Psychologist in the state of Georgia. My specialties include working with Black women in both individual and couples counseling. My primary areas of interest include break up and divorce recovery, depression, work-life balance, relationship skills, and self esteem improvement. I also have a wealth of knowledge in working with undergraduate and graduate students in areas including procrastination, stress management, dissertation/thesis support, and career development.

• Love 10

What they really need is someone with a Dr. Phil personality who gets right down to it and asks the good questions. I know the reason they coddle these moms is because the producers are worried that they'll walk off the stage and not come back out.. but then the producers need to put into their contract that they must answer all questions asked and if they refuse to answer, they won't get paid. I wish they'd highlight in their contract, "YOU ARE NOT GETTING PAID TO REFUSE TO FILM OR ANSWER QUESTIONS!" I know they kind of want the moms to walk off stage for the sake of drama but it's beyond unprofessional and they're never even asked tough questions to begin with. The reunion shows are boring because the hosts have to walk on eggshells around all the girls.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, smores said:

Cate blames Tyler for giving up Carly because he basically told her that if she didn't give Carly up, he was leaving her.  Cate wasn't in any kind of position to keep a kid on her own, her mother was married to Butch at that point and they were both drinking/drugging and fighting, so, I would imagine that Tyler would be the only thing that seemed somewhat stable in her life and also, the logic of giving their kid a better life than what they had seemed attractive.  Of course, she was still stuck in a damaging situation, made a choice that is life impacting based on an ultimatum from a guy who was emotionally manipulating her and well, the only way you can really reconcile that is to reframe it as "we were meant to be forever and ever"  

Tyler, of course, later has his own issues with the adoption and maybe tires of being in the relationship.  After the Teen Mom cameras go down, they do a turn on Couples Therapy, where they discuss why they had postponed their wedding, and it amounts to "Tyler doesn't really want to marry Cate and feels stuck being Tyler plus Cate 4-eva!"  They sort of work through their shit, but maybe not, but maybe yes? Then, boom! Cate is pregnant! Cameras! Wedding! Oh, hey, there's a kid we have to take care of?  

And then, of course, Cate did legitimately have a traumatic childhood.  She didn't really deal with that and has kind of spent the last decade following Tyler around trying to make everything into the fairytale that makes giving Carly up worth it.  If they just work out, if they turn out to be the dream couple, then they will have made it and it will be sad that they couldn't raise her, but, they would have made the right decision, but look, they STILL made it, despite all the odds.  Only, I don't think either of them are all that happy. 

Perfect summation of Cate & Ty.

• Love 2
On 12/31/2018 at 2:12 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

This is Butch's first reunion? What's even the point of that waste on this show?....oh wait, they are all complete wastes. 

I believe they get a bonus ($2500?) to appear on a reunion show.  So there's plenty of motivation on Butch's part.  TLC's motivation is the puzzle to me.

• Love 5
On 12/31/2018 at 10:07 PM, ghoulina said:

It must suck for Amber P that she threatened suicide and her story is STILL mostly made up of Gary and his search for his dad (who sounds just like him too!) or Kristina's ectopic pregnancy. 

Damn, She was FOUR months when they discovered it? That's crazy. 

Did y'all catch Amber nearly revealing a crush of Leah's on national tv? Kristina tried to cover real quick. Nothing is sacred with Amber. It's all a joke to her. Thank God Gary is already having the sex talks. 

And did you see Amber once again make Kristina's "miscarriage" all about her?  "I know how you feel"--bullshit.  Kristina didn't have a miscarriage; she had a life-threatening (and I'm amazed that she survived--*four months*--she must've been in dreadful pain--medical emergency that resulted in a surgical abortion of a fetus which if allowed to continue much more would 100% have killed her.  No, Amber, you *do not* know how Kristina feels.

Amber got pretty pissed off, too, when she realized she had missed the opportunity to have a sex talk with Leah.  Leg-shaving is *nothing* compared to "the talk."  And just think of the Gift Pak Amber could've put together for that one!  Crotchless panties, flavored condoms, Aqua-Glide with "lasting" additives, Plan B; the mind boggles.  "You haters think I'm a bad mom--would a bad mom do something this serious in front of a national audience?"  She could have gone on and on about the importance of sexual hygiene and birth control.  And good on Gary for saying that they've been having conversations about sex for several years now, which imo is the right way to do it.  Less traumatizing for parent *and* child.

Edited by Mothra
  • Love 21
On 1/2/2019 at 10:33 AM, hoosier80 said:

Then Drew says some statement about safe sex.  I thought it was poorly timed.  So you have beautiful children onstage, and you're talking about how to avoid (these) unplanned pregnancies?  WTH.  You have at least two kids who would understand what that means.  

Dr. Now (600# Life) said something beautiful about this:  "There are unwanted pregnancies but no unwanted babies." 

Not true, but beautiful.

• Love 4