Type keyword(s) to search

Broad City - General Discussion

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Bernadette Peters

8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

In the episode, Ilana told the bitcoin guy that it was Bernadette Peters. In the behind the scenes video, the two production guys who worked on the phone wigs also confirmed that it was Bernadette Peters.

Thank you both!  I didn't watch the video.  I did see the episode, but I must have missed that.  

Also, I can't believe I wrote "who's" instead of "whose" - so embarrassed!  

• Love 2

Great to see Clea DuVall as Lesley, the doctor who treated Abbi in hospital. I'm so glad that Abbi asked her out!

The negotiations between Ilana and Lincoln were hilarious and heartbreaking. I love Ilana's self-awareness, knowing that she is meant to be 'a polyamorous goddess', and that Lincoln respects that.

Was that a real NYC restaurant that Ilana and Lincoln were at? If it was a parody of a real restaurant, which one?

Edited by purist
  • Love 1

I think Hannibal is hilarious, but the whole negotiating was another level. 

Donna's nickname was worth it for the "I always knew how to clear out a room" punchline. 

Edited by ganesh
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I liked that Ilana and Lincoln were both mature enough to realize that they want different things without acting like the other person owes it to them to give in and do what the other person wants. There was no blame or anger, which I really loved. It's sad to see things between them end because in many ways, I think they're great together. Their breakup was a great example of why - they accept each other without judging and they are strong enough individuals to tell each other what they really want (rather than caving in to make the person happy) and they don't try to change each other.

Now I really want to see the rest of Smelly Pussy Donna's TAD talk! Although could the rest of it live up to that amazing dress?

• Love 6

I love how mature and true to character the whole thing with Ilana and Lincoln was, but it was still really sad for them to realize that it just wont work because they want different things. Its super healthy of them and will certainly be for the best in the long run, but it still sucks.

Hi Clea DuVall! Has Abbi finally found love?! Other than the true love of her life, Ilana, of course.

• Love 1

I'm much older then Ilana and not interested in marriage or kids. I don't see that as any measure of success despite what society thinks. So she shouldn't feel she had to settle down even if Lincoln is awesome. 

I don't know I'd call her mature though. I feel like she's going to be 37 and my really further in life than she is now. I'm sure everyone has a couple of people they know like that. 

I feel like the last couple of episodes that Abbi is moving forward and Ilana is stagnant. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ganesh said:

I feel like the last couple of episodes that Abbi is moving forward and Ilana is stagnant. 

I don't think Ilana is stagnating. She wants to focus on her phone wigs wizness which is definitely more responsibility than bouncing around at the various hourly jobs she had in earlier seasons which she had little to no interest in. The phone wigs are something she is passionate about and believes in.

She also told Abbi that she helping Jaime as his therapist felt good and right and that she might want to pursue it as a career.

• Love 2

So Abbi momentarily became a hat girl, and llana feels weird about it. I am really interested to see how she continues to feel about her and Clea Duvals relationship. 

Alan Cummings sighting!!! I dont think I would follow him for several black (especially dragging my elderly 16th cousin), but my reaction at the brunch would basically be the same as theirs!

• Love 1

After Saul said "leave the hat in the cart" Ilana started laughing and it looked like she was trying not to break up, so she covers her face like she's going to cough as she walked off frame. I was dying. 

• Love 1
On 2/22/2019 at 10:44 PM, purist said:

The negotiations between Ilana and Lincoln were hilarious and heartbreaking. I love Ilana's self-awareness, knowing that she is meant to be 'a polyamorous goddess', and that Lincoln respects that.

Lincoln:  I want to get married.

Ilana:  Lincoln, I'm only 27.  What am I, a Child Bride?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Abbi hanging upside down by her boot wasn’t even the most shenanigany thing she’s done lately!

Kudos to the makeup people for making Ilana’s eye look so gross. I liked that immediately after she got the drop in her eye, it started looking questionable. She and her mom do have amazing hair. 

• Love 5

God! I love theses girls! I LOL'ed through the whole molly trip! That was awesome! The camera angles and close-ups-- like doing molly! haha! God I could feel the speed! and the coming down when they were at Abbi's barren apartment and Ilana wants -- juice? nope-- then she asks for bread -- and Abbi goes - no dude I'm not crazy! haha!

Just perfect!

I am going to miss them when they are gone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm so sad it's nearly over, but this episode made me laugh and laugh. The moment in the air shaft thing, when the blower came on and the lighter stayed lit, and Abbi said 'the litter stayed lighted' or whatever exactly she said...I nearly laughed til I cried, and later, as I was about to fall asleep, I thought of that again and started laughing and trying not to wake my BF up. And the "BOULDER/Bolder" moment in the alley way...just so funny and real. And yeah, the 'I don't keep bread in the house, I'm not crazy!!"...bahahaha.

Damn. I'm gonna miss these chicks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Now that's the way to nail an ending! Brava ladies. I think I'm gonna go back and watch from the beginning. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

PS. WTF was that billboard at the end when Ilana was going down the subway stairs: Tyler Dutton and Jonah Hill in Twins at Sea!?!?!? Hahahaha

• Love 7

My favorite little moment was when they were showing all the different pairs of friendship, the last one had the two young women talking about getting change from a homeless person. That was the premise of the very first Broad City YouTube video years ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

The ending scene was not what I expected and it was absolutely perfect. I, too, got weepy when they started crying during their final goodbye. I can’t believe I won’t have new episodes of this show anymore. 🥺

During my original viewing of “Along Came Molly,” I noticed some poor, injured, downtrodden soul on the subway was the same eager, first-time-in-New-York, armpit-in-your-face guy that Abbi met on the subway earlier this season. I love little details like that that are a whole story unto themselves and this series is full of them, so I guess I’ll have plenty more to discover when watching the seasons over and over and over again.

Edited by link417
  • Love 4
On 3/30/2019 at 12:39 PM, link417 said:

The ending scene was not what I expected and it was absolutely perfect. I, too, got ready when they started crying during their final goodbye. I can’t believe I won’t have new episodes of this show anymore. 🥺

During my original viewing of “Along Came Molly,” I noticed some poor, injured, downtrodden soul on the subway was the same eager, first-time-in-New-York, armpit-in-your-face guy that Abbi met on the subway earlier this season. I love little details like that that are a whole story unto themselves and this series is full of them, so I guess I’ll have plenty more to discover when watching the seasons over and over and over again.

I noticed that too!

Oy! My girls are gone. I will miss them. They always made me smile.

I htink I need to do an entire series re-watch!

• Love 3

Abbi Jacobson in talks to star in Amazon’s ‘A League Of Their Own’

Abbi is also writing and producing this new series.

Broad City co-creator/star Jacobson is in negotiations to play the lead in A League of Their Own, which revolves around about a women’s professional baseball league during World War II.

Jacobson will play Carson, a farm girl whose husband is off fighting the war. She runs away from home and tries out for the league in response to an advertisement.

• Love 3