Type keyword(s) to search

Return To Amish - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 3/22/2023 at 1:13 PM, RedDelicious said:

Am I the only one here? @Yeah No want to hang out?

Sorry, I'm here now! 😁

16 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

As usual this show lies. I found Roseanne on FB and she already has a kid with Steven. And tons of pics of them in English clothes. 

How old is the kid?  You never know how long ago these seasons were filmed.  But I wouldn't doubt it's a lie because as you know they've already done this with a few people if not all of them.  Jeremiah had already been living English for years before he went on this show and acted like he was just leaving the Amish.  Same with Abe and Rebecca.  They acted like they were just meeting each other on the show when they had already been together and living English for a while.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

She was also using the old style washing machine with the mangle like one would use a wash basin. It made absolutely no sense. One might argue it’s because the Amish don’t use electricity, but then what is the purpose of having a washing machine with a mangle If you’re not going to use it properly. Just use a basin or a bucket. She clearly had no idea what she was doing. #production

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On this new season, where in the world is everyone sleeping? What do they do all day besides sitting  at the pool? Also didn't Rosanna get English clothes last season?  What does Jerimiah do for a living? 

I know this show is fake but the producers could do a better job. 

Edited by js9548
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, js9548 said:

On this new season, where in the world is everyone sleeping? What do they do all day besides sitting  at the pool? Also didn't Rosanna get English clothes last season?  What does Jerimiah do for a living? 

Yeah I don't think they care anymore about how realistic any of this looks.  No way could all those people be staying at that house.  I feel like the last two episodes were almost exactly the same.  

They showed that old footage of Jeremiah crying over his family rejecting him, but I thought that was just his mother years ago.  Through DNA matching he later met cousins and other relatives that showed him photos of his father and told him the sad story about his father's death.  They seemed nice enough and positively disposed towards him but in this episode it was like he had forgotten all about that and was still claiming his family rejected him!

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
On 4/12/2023 at 2:12 AM, js9548 said:

This season it becomes more obvious how the Amish men look at women. It's very backwards and clearly the women are meant to be sheltered, and follow rules. Meanwhile these guys have all broken some kind of rule and it's overlooked. Roseanna brother... Ewww. Do as I say, not as I do....

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 3/22/2023 at 3:16 PM, RedDelicious said:

A shallow dive has yielded that this is Sabrina’s SIXTH pregnancy. What?? Why does she keep getting pregnant? Where are the three she already has with Jethro?

Maybe because sex feels good and she was never taught birth control? All that aside, she really doesn't have her stuff together enough to be raising kids. I think I saw something that the first 3? were in foster care. Taken away when she was using drugs or in rehab for drugs?

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
17 hours ago, Lurk said:

Maybe because sex feels good and she was never taught birth control? All that aside, she really doesn't have her stuff together enough to be raising kids. I think I saw something that the first 3? were in foster care. Taken away when she was using drugs or in rehab for drugs?

Probably. Collectively they don't seem to have much happiness or joy in their lives that they weren't taught to feel guilty about.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
On 4/16/2023 at 4:08 PM, Lurk said:

This might have been true in the beginning, but surely she could figure it out between pregnancy 1 and pregnancy 2.  I just hope the children are thriving and that Sabrina and Jethro continue to mature and work together to parent their little family.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I guffawed out loud when Johnny and Rosanna went to the bishop about getting married and he told them they were unequally yoked and he wouldn't marry them.

My wife's pastor said the same thing when we went to our first and last pre-marital counseling session with him. 

We'll be celebrating 25 years this October.  Suck it, Pastor Jack.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 4/16/2023 at 4:08 PM, Lurk said:

Sadly, Sabrina has embraced her teenaged "victim" situation into a permanent persona.

She's been treated poorly, judged and abandoned by her community "because she was a victim of adoption. She felt she was a victim of the Mennonite community, so she became a dependent on alcohol and drugs. She lost her kids because she was a victim of addiction and homelessness. She cleaned up, but is now the victim of a fair weather mate who seems to always impregnate her before disappearing. She reminds me of Eeyore.

Yes, all her admissions are true. I just wish she could turn her depression around, even if it's just to make statements that re-frame her complaints into what positives she has. (And tie your tubes, please.)

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 4/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, WescottF1 said:

I guffawed out loud when Johnny and Rosanna went to the bishop about getting married and he told them they were unequally yoked and he wouldn't marry them.

My wife's pastor said the same thing when we went to our first and last pre-marital counseling session with him. 

It broke my heart when Roseanna wanted to get home and married before pregnancy news came out.

In this day and age, people still judge and shame only the woman for a two person activity and subsequent result. Even her fears that Johnny's family won't think she's good enough for him.

Isn't anyone looking at Johnny as less than? This makes my blood boil. And why does a "bishop" have any say, especially above the family?

I know it's not a reflection on, or even fair to, ALL men, but when I watch this, I want to confront, challenge, and belittle the men of "faith" (any faith where women are denied leadership or free thought.)

• Like 3
On 3/24/2023 at 1:00 AM, Yeah No said:

Sorry, I'm here now! 😁

But I wouldn't doubt it's a lie because as you know they've already done this with a few people if not all of them.  Jeremiah had already been living English for years before he went on this show and acted like he was just leaving the Amish.  Same with Abe and Rebecca. 

Yes! Thank you. Everything had been predetermined prior to first season. Because of that, I'm very suspect of all the relationships. Even the arrival of Fanny made me wonder because she immediately determined who her crush was, so they surely have crossed paths before. Just as Johnny and Roseanna were probably intimate prior to filming, but pregnancy gave them a storyline and $$. (And I think she entered the house pregnant). Her brother appears comfortable with English lifestyle... This is not new for him.

Whew, I feel I should pay you all for reading any rant I have.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
On 4/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, WescottF1 said:

Congrats on your successful marriage.  You and your wife KNEW that you were meant to be together.

I think what the bishop is saying is that if Rosanna wants to leave the Amish and Johnny marries her, they would be unevenly yoked, in a spiritual sense.  Their lifestyle and beliefs would be in conflict. Johnny would end up leaving as well and the bishop doesn't want that to happen, so he doesn't want to preside over their wedding.  Unless Rosanna is serious about returning to the Amish lifestyle, they should get married by a nonAmish pastor or secular justice of the peace.

• Like 4

I noticed the convenient camera angles on Rosanna when Johnny was "talking" to the bishop. Her face was definitely fuller and not tan and there were no shots that showed her below the neck or from the front. She was clearly showing at that point and I totally agree she entered the house pregnant.

Fanny looked super cute after her "English Makeover" but I'm pretty sure her hair was already highlighted. She wouldn't have golden streaks like that if her hair was always under a head covering. That sh*t doesn't happen naturally. She does have good hair though and just radiated confidence.

The two boys looked way too normal to have that be their first time coming out in English style. They both looked good. 

This pack of lies show keeps me coming back but ultimately it just makes me sad for these kids. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I noticed the convenient camera angles on Rosanna when Johnny was "talking" to the bishop. Her face was definitely fuller and not tan and there were no shots that showed her below the neck or from the front. She was clearly showing at that point and I totally agree she entered the house pregnant.

Fanny looked super cute after her "English Makeover" but I'm pretty sure her hair was already highlighted. She wouldn't have golden streaks like that if her hair was always under a head covering. That sh*t doesn't happen naturally. She does have good hair though and just radiated confidence.

The two boys looked way too normal to have that be their first time coming out in English style. They both looked good. 

This pack of lies show keeps me coming back but ultimately it just makes me sad for these kids. 

Good points about all, especially Fannie's hair.  But I can see the boys feeling comfortable, there's not all that much of a change in wardrobe for them except more fashionable shirts and trousers--nothing to cause discomfort. It's different for the girls, though, who are uncovering everything and wearing makeup. Big changes.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, politichick said:

Good points about all, especially Fannie's hair.  But I can see the boys feeling comfortable, there's not all that much of a change in wardrobe for them except more fashionable shirts and trousers--nothing to cause discomfort. It's different for the girls, though, who are uncovering everything and wearing makeup. Big changes.

I often wonder what Ada would look like in English clothes. I think she has such a happy smile and I’m dying to know about those tattoos of hers! She definitely looks better on the back of Jeremiah’s dad’s motorcycle than Jeremiah does 😄

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 5/5/2023 at 7:00 PM, Lurk said:

I had been looking to see how long ago this season was filmed. It was back in 2021. Ran across this article where Daniel admits things are fake on the show.

https://soapdirt.com/return-to-amish-daniel-miller-confesses-faking-for-show/

It's really too bad that the producers are taking this route, hiring exAmish to follow a script.  If they actually follow their own premise and film real people exploring the "English world" for the first time, it would be such a better show.  Or, they could follow some exAmish as they start their new lives (kind of what MTV did years ago).  This fakery is disappointing.

• Like 6

It’s definitely fake. I just looked up Fannie Schmuckers FB page. She’s in a beautiful English dress with some guy. Looks like your average early 20’s gal. And she has everyone on the show as FB friends. 

• Like 4
On 5/10/2023 at 8:24 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

It’s definitely fake. I just looked up Fannie Schmuckers FB page. She’s in a beautiful English dress with some guy. Looks like your average early 20’s gal. And she has everyone on the show as FB friends. 

I listened to one of Rosanna's "lives" the other day.  She said her and Johnny are still together- they have a one year old daughter.  She doesn't stay in touch with the others from the show.  She said she would come back if they offered her a bigger salary.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

One thing I am so glad of is that Jeremiah found out his dad wasn't murdered because he existed because if they played one more talking head of him repeating that same sentence, I was going to lose it   I kept rolling my eyes up in my head till I thought they would be stuck there. :)

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

I wanted to get an update on the characters, but without watching the show.  It’s just too annoying.  I did see Sabrina in the hospital with the delivery.  How is really doing?  It’s concerning.

• Like 2
On 5/3/2023 at 1:54 PM, RedDelicious said:

I also noticed that in the scenes of them leaving FL, the boys' hair had not yet been cut. It was still bushy.

On 5/3/2023 at 3:45 PM, RedDelicious said:

I often wonder what Ada would look like in English clothes. I think she has such a happy smile and I’m dying to know about those tattoos of hers! She definitely looks better on the back of Jeremiah’s dad’s motorcycle than Jeremiah does 😄

I'm not positive, but I think she had a makeover in her first season on the show. Here are some "English" photos of her from a few years back with her boyfriend.

Ada 1.png

Ada 2.png

Ada 3.png

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
On 5/29/2023 at 11:48 AM, Teri313 said:

I also noticed that in the scenes of them leaving FL, the boys' hair had not yet been cut. It was still bushy.

I'm not positive, but I think she had a makeover in her first season on the show. Here are some "English" photos of her from a few years back with her boyfriend.

Ada 1.png

Ada 2.png

Ada 3.png

Wow!!

• Like 1
On 5/30/2023 at 10:02 PM, RedDelicious said:

Wow!!

Ada looks much younger in English clothes. In an Amish outfit, she looks old and frumpy. I guess that's why they want to keep that style of clothing. Nobody's looks will shine.

• Like 3