Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

Return To Amish

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I was snorting with laughter at seeing Jeremiah on the back of his dads bike riding bitch with his Mad Magazine kid horse face. That was the highlight of the season for me. 

☠️ 

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

The girls picked the wrong place for breakfast. Waitress needed a throat punch!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

So is Jeremiah faking us out with all the drama on the DNA results.  Only say in spoilers if you know.  He sure seemed down. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So is Jeremiah faking us out with all the drama on the DNA results.

I sure hope not.  I was hoping throughout the episode that the results would prove "Dennis, you are not the father!"  Dennis seems to have a pleasant retirement, and he doesn't need that psychopath in his life.  

I recall years ago when Jeremiah mentioned that his adoptive mother advised him that she wished they had never adopted him.  Considering how his two favorite activities are stirring people so they argue or else telling them something that will make them very unhappy, it doesn't surprise me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I didn’t understand why Rosanna was the problem here. Maureen “ she hurt me”. Maureen, you shit talked her to Sabrina and Sabrina being Sabrina just had to stir the pot. Sabrina “ I didn’t mean to upset anyone.” Yea you did. That is your MO. Same with Jeremiah, those two deserve each other. I did love it when Ada charged up to Rosanna expecting to scare her and Rosanna stood her ground. Also, Rosanna had quite the mouth for someone who has never gone English. I bet they have all been English for a while.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I didn’t understand why Rosanna was the problem here. Maureen “ she hurt me”. Maureen, you shit talked her to Sabrina and Sabrina being Sabrina just had to stir the pot. Sabrina “ I didn’t mean to upset anyone.” Yea you did. That is your MO. Same with Jeremiah, those two deserve each other. I did love it when Ada charged up to Rosanna expecting to scare her and Rosanna stood her grown. Also, Rosanna had quite the mouth for someone who has never gone English. I bet they have all been English for a while.

Of course Sabrina had to brag that everyone knows she can't keep a secret. She seems to think this is an endearing quality, instead of being the source of a lot of trouble. Of course she had to create turmoil between Maureen and Rosanna, then sit back and give what she clearly thinks is wise advice.

I agree that for someone who really doesn't seem to know much about the English world, Rosanna let fly a lot of filth. Where did she hear that language?  So maybe she has been out for awhile. I would still take her side because I CANNOT STAND DANNY. 

I will say that Sabrina's daughter is adorable, and I hope and pray they do stay sober. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Arkay said:

Of course Sabrina had to brag that everyone knows she can't keep a secret. She seems to think this is an endearing quality, instead of being the source of a lot of trouble. Of course she had to create turmoil between Maureen and Rosanna, then sit back and give what she clearly thinks is wise advice.

I agree that for someone who really doesn't seem to know much about the English world, Rosanna let fly a lot of filth. Where did she hear that language?  So maybe she has been out for awhile. I would still take her side because I CANNOT STAND DANNY. 

I will say that Sabrina's daughter is adorable, and I hope and pray they do stay sober. 

 

I don’t like Maureen either. Miss phone sex ( with a guy she isn’t even dating)  is appalled that Rosanna hiked up her dress to wade in the water? It felt like slut shaming and it was gross. When Rosanna said she could walk around naked and it is no one’s business she hit the nail on the head.  I wish Rosanna told Auntie Ada about her sweet niece doing the phone sex. Rosanna is the only one on the show I find remotely likeable.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/13/2021 at 1:54 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

I didn’t understand why Rosanna was the problem here. Maureen “ she hurt me”. Maureen, you shit talked her to Sabrina and Sabrina being Sabrina just had to stir the pot. Sabrina “ I didn’t mean to upset anyone.” Yea you did. That is your MO. Same with Jeremiah, those two deserve each other. I did love it when Ada charged up to Rosanna expecting to scare her and Rosanna stood her ground. Also, Rosanna had quite the mouth for someone who has never gone English. I bet they have all been English for a while.

Thank you, I felt exactly the same way.  This got under my skin in a big way because I can remember being on the victim end of bitches like Maureen in my distant past.  I cheered when Rosanna stood up to her and Ada.  I've lost all my respect for Ada now too.  

Needless to say I don't think Rosanna was deliberately exposing anything.  I'm sure she wasn't thinking at that moment and didn't realize how much she'd hiked up her skirt.  Plus they fuzzed it out but I'm sure she had underwear on anyway.  So what a bunch of manufactured BS typical of a show like this, sorry to say.  I'm sure production put Maureen up to making that accusation after they saw the footage.  They'll do anything for drama.  I watch other trashy reality shows and my suspicion is that production puts them up to doing stuff like Maureen's accusation to generate some conflict and drama for the show

Sabrina and Jeremiah are both shit stirrers from way back.  I also think production puts them up to it, again to generate more conflict and drama for the cameras.

I've been waiting to say this but I think Danny would gross me out even without his facial damage.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Thank you, I felt exactly the same way.  This got under my skin in a big way because I can remember being on the victim end of bitches like Maureen in my distant past.  I cheered when Rosanna stood up to her and Ada.  I've lost all my respect for Ada now too.  

Needless to say I don't think Rosanna was deliberately exposing anything.  I'm sure she wasn't thinking at that moment and didn't realize how much she'd hiked up her skirt.  Plus they fuzzed it out but I'm sure she had underwear on anyway.  So what a bunch of manufactured BS typical of a show like this, sorry to say.  I'm sure production put Maureen up to making that accusation after they saw the footage.  They'll do anything for drama.  I watch other trashy reality shows and my suspicion is that production puts them up to doing stuff like Maureen's accusation to generate some conflict and drama for the show.

I agree most of this stuff is scripted. Ada is an adult, her threatening Rosanna and telling her she stinks screams 15 year old mean girl. Grow up Ada, get a life and don’t fight your nieces battles. 
Maureen is a teller of tales. She did not ‘expose herself’ to Danny. She likely had underwear on and was in the water for goodness sake. I also loved how Sabrina switched from “Maureen said you exposed yourself to Danny and if you did that you aren’t a real woman” to “ we are all just so worried about you.” Snake in the grass. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

 Snake in the grass. 

That's exactly what I called her!

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 4/13/2021 at 1:54 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

I did love it when Ada charged up to Rosanna expecting to scare her and Rosanna stood her ground.

Ada all huffy, I don’t know how Roseanna kept a straight face because that was hilarious 😆 She was so puffed up you could stick her with a pin and she’d go flying around the room like a deflating balloon. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I call bullshit on the bathing suit shopping. Roseanna has two-piece tan lines (and a super cute figure). Unless she’s laying out in her underwear. Except I can’t imagine that with creepy Jeremiah around. He’d be all Brad Hamilton in the bathroom while the girls were laying out outside. (sorry that was gross)

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

For god sakes one look at Jeremiah’s uncle and I would have guessed he was the father. They look a lot alike. Don’t do it Dennis, Jeremiah is toxic and he breaks everything he touches.
Sherry got around, I don’t think she had anything to do with the murder. I don’t think she even knew who the father was ...ever. What is with Jeremiah’s shorts? That stitching is very 2001.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I actually do feel for Jeremiah because this was a lot more than finding out that Dennis isn’t his father. That’s a crazy and awful family situation. I know it’s too raw for Jeremiah at the moment, but he isn’t processing yet that his father was no innocent. Of course it’s terrible that his wife murdered him, but Jeremiah is blaming only his mother for the affair with her brother-in-law yet not blaming his father/uncle for doing the same. They all sound like a bunch of messed up people. I wish Jeremiah would have appreciated more that his Amish parents gave him a stable home life.

Then, of course, Sabrina has to step all over Jeremiah’s newly discovered anguish to make it about her and her pain. 
 

I don’t know what I believe about Sabrina and Jethro. Maybe he is cheating but she seemed to be really playing to the cameras.

I know taste is very personal, but I will NOT be able to watch Maureen kissing Danny and fantasizing about losing her virginity to him.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Arkay said:

 

Then, of course, Sabrina has to step all over Jeremiah’s newly discovered anguish to make it about her and her pain. 
 

I don’t know what I believe about Sabrina and Jethro. Maybe he is cheating but she seemed to be really playing to the cameras.

I know taste is very personal, but I will NOT be able to watch Maureen kissing Danny and fantasizing about losing her virginity to him.

It is all about Sabrina all the time don’t you know. Of course idiot Jeremiah was exposed to COVID.

I have trouble feeling sorry for Jeremiah. He shit on anyone who tried to give him a better life ...crowing about how much better his real daddy must be. Well his dad liked to sleep around and lived in poverty. He seems really ungrateful to the people who really helped him. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

8 minutes ago, Arkay said:

I know taste is very personal, but I will NOT be able to watch Maureen kissing Danny and fantasizing about losing her virginity to him.

The tongue kissing is seriously so gross to see in broad daylight 🤮

Also I wonder how many women Danny’s had in his cab 😆 Which is a reference to the critically acclaimed movie Who’s that Girl (dude I’m so old).

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ok I laughed hard when Jethro brought the flowers and Sabrina lost her mind. 😂 I agree the tongue thing was 🤮🤮🤮

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

....is Sabrina feeding the baby chocolate pudding?

I think that's the toddler while the baby was born in the last episode.  Those kids are terribly close together.  I think fertile Myrtle should've had her tubes tied when she had the C-section after 4 births and a miscarriage.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Tan lines indeed!

I get “because show,” but are Sabrina and Jethro homeless?  Why are they staying at Ada’s while everyone is filming in PA and they are FL residents? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, For Cereals said:

Tan lines indeed!

Ada’s legs were also suspiciously tan all the way up 🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think that's the toddler while the baby was born in the last episode.  Those kids are terribly close together.  I think fertile Myrtle should've had her tubes tied when she had the C-section after 4 births and a miscarriage.

But still, he can’t be more than a year old at the time, right? Maybe he’s 18 mos. Should actual babies eat chocolate pudding? It seems like feeding them candy for a meal. That can’t be good 😬

It broke my heart when he started to fuss when they were fighting (and if you know me, I don’t even like kids).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

A few parting shots:

-those tan lines, yikes! TLC isn’t even trying anymore

-for someone heartbroken over the lack of a father Jeremiah sure ghosts his kids a lot.

-Sabrina needs therapy. Addiction recovery combined with constantly being pregnant is crazy. She also has quite the mean streak, just like Jeremiah. I got the feeling she was jealous of Rosannas youth and possibilities 

-Jethro...who knows what that guy does. 
 
-Maureen will never fully leave the community. She is hooking up with an Amish taxi driver and will never be far from her Aunt

-I like Rosanna. I think she has the best chance of making it if she hangs out with the right people and stays away from drugs and doesn’t get pregnant too soon. Once she establishes herself I don’t see her staying friends with this motley crew. I know this is scripted but it made me sad when she said she had no friends and wanted to meet people. That felt genuine.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

-Maureen will never fully leave the community. She is hooking up with an Amish taxi driver and will never be far from her Aunt

 

1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Ada is Maureen’s grandma I think??

Yes, Ada is the grandmother. I also think Daniel is no longer Amish, because otherwise he wouldn’t be driving. That’s why he’s hired by those who won’t drive. Plus he isn’t dressed Amish and he seems to be sex-crazy. Personally I think he will be Maureen’s downfall. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I call bullshit on the bathing suit shopping. Roseanna has two-piece tan lines (and a super cute figure). Unless she’s laying out in her underwear. Except I can’t imagine that with creepy Jeremiah around. He’d be all Brad Hamilton in the bathroom while the girls were laying out outside. (sorry that was gross)

Exactly my thoughts. This show seems to have morphed from scripted reality to pure fiction. I am not even sure if I am buying that  this stuff about Jeremiah's bio daddy is real.

14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

....is Sabrina feeding the baby chocolate pudding?

Yes, she was. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I really felt for Jeremiah on this episode. He seemed truly gutted when he found out Dennis (?) was not his biological father. And then to learn his mother slept with his aunt's husband, and then was murdered by her. That is a truly tragic situation.  I felt for him on this. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Arkay said:

 

Yes, Ada is the grandmother. I also think Daniel is no longer Amish, because otherwise he wouldn’t be driving. That’s why he’s hired by those who won’t drive. Plus he isn’t dressed Amish and he seems to be sex-crazy. Personally I think he will be Maureen’s downfall. 

My bad @RedDelicious and @Arkay I though she was her aunt! Thanks for the clarification. Daniel is no longer Amish but by shuttling them around he is still connected to that world. Doesn’t he already have kids? Yea Maureen needs to not hook up with him.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

My bad @RedDelicious and @Arkay I though she was her aunt! Thanks for the clarification. Daniel is no longer Amish but by shuttling them around he is still connected to that world. Doesn’t he already have kids? Yea Maureen needs to not hook up with him.

I thought she was her aunt too! Ada looks awfully young to be a grandma of a young adult woman 😳

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Something about this whole Jeremiah and Dennis story isn't passing my sniff test.  If Dennis knew Jeremiah's real father and the situation surrounding his murder, then I would find it hard to believe that he didn't have some clue or even a theory as to why his wife's sister killed him.  And what everyone was thinking is the natural conclusion.  So don't tell me he wouldn't have thought that too.  He acts like he was clueless but one look at that photo and it's more than obvious that the guy was Jeremiah's father.  I was already wondering why Dennis didn't share photos of his kids with Jeremiah to help show a resemblance, but the fact that he didn't already had me suspicious.  I was already leaning toward him not being Jeremiah's father based on his appearance.  I just knew Jeremiah would look more like his real Dad in general terms like face shape.  I don't know if they're all in on the ruse or not.  It's hard to tell.  Jeremiah looked genuinely upset.  You never know, production could have had Dennis in on it to keep Jeremiah in suspense so they had something exciting to film.  That said, maybe he was also sincere about wanting to be a father figure to Jeremiah.  Maybe he secretly hoped that Jeremiah wouldn't insist on a DNA test so that he could continue to believe he was his Dad instead of finding out the horrible truth.  Who knows?

4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I thought she was her aunt too! Ada looks awfully young to be a grandma of a young adult woman 😳

The girls are only 18/19 years old.  Plus they can have them young in that culture.  Ada strikes me as around my age (I'm 62).  So it's definitely possible!

On 4/19/2021 at 10:52 PM, RedDelicious said:

The tongue kissing is seriously so gross to see in broad daylight 🤮

Why do they have to show that to us?  My husband said that even if they showed Jen Aniston and Brad Pitt kissing like that he would be grossed out (me too), LOL.  But with these two it's 50,000 times worse!   I couldn't reach for the remote fast enough!

Is it me?  I was getting vaguely gay vibes from Rosanna when she was talking to that saleswoman.  Well, she did refer to herself as a "tomboy".  I thought that 2 piece bathing suit looked awful on her.  When you're flat chested you don't go for a bathing suit top that makes you look even MORE flat chested!  Hint:  molded, shaped cups and a V neckline help!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

@Yeah No I agree with a lot of what you’re saying about Dennis. Jeremiah seemed truly stunned and perhaps therefore he really had no idea about his father and his family. I think Dennis thought he MIGHT be Jeremiah’s father, but having known his wife (Jeremiah’s mother, were they married?) had a sister who was married to this Larry, he may have wondered. If Larry’s wife, the mother’s sister, knew about the affair, then maybe Dennis knew about it.

Yes, Jeremiah looks like his bio dad, but that doesn’t always mean much. My daughter doesn’t resemble me at all.

As to Ada being the grandmother, Maureen said at the start of the season that she was leaving to go to her grandmother in Florida, and her parents were aghast. They said something about Ada’s bad reputation in the community. Maureen refers to Ada as her grandmother. I am 63 and have a 16-year old granddaughter, and while not Amish at all, both I and my daughter married at 21 and had children at 22 and 24. I’m the only one of my friends to have been a grandma at 47, and it’s unusual here in NYC, but it happens!
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

But Ada doesn’t look 60s to me. I’d put her at a post-covid very early 50s. 

I went to a fully outdoor beer garden type of situation and I was really surprised to see the post-covid bodies out there. The men seemed fine but the women were fluffy. Flu-ffy. It made me feel less self-conscious about my own Covid-15 😳

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Arkay said:

@Yeah No I agree with a lot of what you’re saying about Dennis. Jeremiah seemed truly stunned and perhaps therefore he really had no idea about his father and his family. I think Dennis thought he MIGHT be Jeremiah’s father, but having known his wife (Jeremiah’s mother, were they married?) had a sister who was married to this Larry, he may have wondered. If Larry’s wife, the mother’s sister, knew about the affair, then maybe Dennis knew about it.

It sounded to me like by the time Jeremiah was born Dennis was pretty much already done with his mother.  He made reference to having only been with his mother for several years, but I thought he gave the impression that he was not with her when she gave up Jeremiah and I'm not sure I believe that he didn't know she had a child and gave it up for adoption.  The timing would have had to be pretty tight for him to have had sex with Jeremiah's mother then suddenly he's not with her, then she has his kid without his knowledge and gives it up for adoption.  I'm thinking he would have had to know if he was or wasn't Jeremiah's father because of the timing.  I've watched a lot of those genealogy/family reunion shows and I've learned to smell the BS. 

And even if Dennis didn't know about the affair at the time if he knew Jeremiah possibly wasn't his he would have known since meeting Jeremiah that she must or at least might have had sex with someone else, and given the resemblance to his brother in law don't tell me he couldn't have connected those dots.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, RedDelicious said:

But Ada doesn’t look 60s to me. I’d put her at a post-covid very early 50s. 

I'm 62 and I look at least 5 years younger than Ada.  Not boasting, just true.  I can post photos if necessary. 😉  I actually think she could be older than me.  The wrinkling around her mouth and chin are a clue.  Plus even among the Amish her attitude is not that of a woman in her early 50s.  Just my take as a woman of a certain age.  I seem to remember Mary being about 2 years younger than me.  Appearance can be deceptive.

Share this post


Link to post

On 4/20/2021 at 8:42 AM, sainte-chapelle said:

-Maureen will never fully leave the community. She is hooking up with an Amish taxi driver and will never be far from her Aunt

I know you meant Ada here - I don't buy that Ada is still Amish either.  Why isn't she getting shunned for filming this show and dressing in "English" bathing suits, having electricity, big houses in Florida, etc.?  They shunned Mary for what she did and all she did that was worse than that was dance at a disco and have a makeover.  I think Ada still dresses and acts Amish because it looks good for her business, but she's not really Amish anymore.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/19/2021 at 9:52 PM, RedDelicious said:

The tongue kissing is seriously so gross to see in broad daylight

My concern is what will happen when Maureen gets her tongue caught between Daniel's teeth. 🦷🦷🦷    🦷🦷
Ain't gonna be pretty. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone remember Jeremiah's father's name? They mentioned it multiple times but I cannot remember. I want to Google it.

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/24/2021 at 3:54 PM, linthia said:

Does anyone remember Jeremiah's father's name? They mentioned it multiple times but I cannot remember. I want to Google it.

Larry Hiltabidel

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/37345784/the-akron-beacon-journal/

i found the clipping.

I fast forwarded through most of this mess.

so Danny is worried about her leaving the Amish for him? Well he wasn’t too concerned about her reputation when they were having phone sex. Plus everything she has done already will likely get her shunned.

Jethro is right. Sabrina is using the kids as a weapon. It was telling when she mentioned her Birthday being in 3 days before mentioning Fathers Day or the kids. That said he isn’t just leaving her he needs to think about the kids.

good Lord why do all these young girls get their teeth pulled?  Is this a family Rebecca thing? 
 

I fast forwarded through Jeremiah. I don’t care about him or his family BS. They are definitely dragging this out. I doubt some dude calling out of the blue would be invited anywhere before at least a few video chats.

Ada needs to stay out of other people’s relationships. Jethro shouldn’t have left her and the kids in the middle of a pandemic but she needs to sort out her own life and Ada needs friends her own age. Sabrina is now bitching about hiding her feelings for the kids sake but she sure didn’t mind screaming at Jethro all the time in front of the kids.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So they pulled Rosanna’s teeth just like Rebecca...I don’t know they have this practice.  Speaking of which, I hope someone donates dental services to Danny. Did not need to see that kiss.

The Sabrina-Jethro fight seemed real, but Sabrina had time to get her nails done...

I definitely see Rosanna with the new girlfriend/salesclerk vs that Nick guy.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ow, my eyes! I could not watch that awful kissing session with Danny and Maureen. Here is a girl who has never been alone with a guy (never mind the camera crew), and she’s giggling like a 12-year old at the thought they might kiss.  Meanwhile, Danny has a daughter. He shouldn’t be leading her on this way. And, he’s just so gruesome.

I doubt if Rosanna’s new English friends would be hanging out with her if they weren’t on TV. I hope I’m wrong. The guy and the girl who were talking about how Rosanna left her whole world behind were telling the truth, and I hope they’re sincere.  


Sabrina, Sabrina.  I can’t stand her, but Jethro is rotten to leave his kids behind.

Carmela’s my heroine on this show. She does so much for Jeremiah and is so supportive. In return she gets nothing. Although I take back “heroine,” because I still don’t know why Carmela and Jeremiah aren’t with their own kids. I know Carmela has adult children but didn’t she have little ones, too?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

good Lord why do all these young girls get their teeth pulled?  Is this a family Rebecca thing? 

Are there Amish dentists who are allowed to complete that enough schooling to practice dentistry? If so, maybe that is the only approved procedure. I can't imagine most dentists would pull a mouthful of teeth unless there was extreme damage.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

It would be easy to poke fun at Sabrina, but my heart goes out to her. She wasn't raised with the tools to handle adulthood -- she's already had to release two "Jeremiahs" into the ethers -- kids she won't see again who will suffer as Jeremiah has. Now she has to raise two young ones by herself, unless the state and CPS takes them away too. And yet hasn't figured out there is a way to not get pregnant. A couple of ways, including abstinence. I don't think her future looks too bright, and I hope I am wrong. She was such a lovely young lady at the beginning of this mess.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/27/2021 at 2:07 AM, Ucross said:

Are there Amish dentists who are allowed to complete that enough schooling to practice dentistry? If so, maybe that is the only approved procedure. I can't imagine most dentists would pull a mouthful of teeth unless there was extreme damage.

I would like to think that is true, but then how do we explain Danny’s teeth still being in his mouth?

Edited by lasandi
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Rebecca told the dentist when she went to get new dentures that the Amish dentists don't do any kind of preventive care or maintenance. If you have cavities or any teeth issues, their solution is to hold you down and yank all your teeth out.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Ucross said:

Are there Amish dentists who are allowed to complete that enough schooling to practice dentistry?

I kind of doubt that they’ve had any kind of formal education about dentistry or a license to practice. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/26/2021 at 9:20 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

good Lord why do all these young girls get their teeth pulled?  Is this a family Rebecca thing? 

I've been wondering that myself.  The only people we've known of on this show that have had teeth pulled are Rebecca and now her cousin Rosanna.  The others obviously have natural teeth (especially Danny and Jeremiah unfortunately) and never talk about dentures.  I suspected Rosanna of having dentures just because of the way she and her teeth look.  What an absolutely barbaric practice, but at least it's only been those two and none of the others that we know of. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size