Type keyword(s) to search

Braxton Family Values - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 12/4/2020 at 1:40 AM, NowVoyager said:

It's sad that Towanda's ex has no contact with his kids. I always thought he was a loser, but this is next level.

This doesn't surprise me at all.  I didn't think he was a loser, but he was the primary caretaker for most of those kids' lives while Towanda was off working or doing whatever. It was pretty clear from the earlier seasons that she never spent any time with him or the kids, especially when she was mostly living in LA being Toni's assistant, running her "executive assistants training/agency", and working on her "acting career".  And then she laughed at him when he said he wanted to write again. So I'm totally not surprised that he stays away now, although it sucks if he really isn't in contact with the kids. (Although, I never really believe anything Towanda says, so....I actually think she's a sociopath.) Anyway, her kids have gotten soooooo big. I still see them as 11 year olds in my head. 

• Love 3

Did the quarantine 15 only hit Trina in her upper half? Maybe its the clothes, but she seems bigger than before.. I don't think the "additions" are  a purchased installation, as elective surgeries was on hold here for some time...

It was good to see Braxton and Brooke after such a long time. I see Towanda in both of them.

Still trying to figure out which one of Trina's son's favor her.. They are her biological sons, right ? Agree, I understand and fully support loving and raising children, that one didn't give birth to. I remember saying she was pregnant shortly after signing with the group . I don't know .. maybe I've been watching too much LifeTime TV..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I didn't think he was a loser, but he was the primary caretaker for most of those kids' lives while Towanda was off working or doing whatever.....So I'm totally not surprised that he stays away now, although it sucks if he really isn't in contact with the kids. (Although, I never really believe anything Towanda says, so....I actually think she's a sociopath.) 

I wonder if it's a case that he doesn't want to be on the cameras and they have to create a narrative so Towanda is just saying he has no contact.    It does seem hard to believe he has no contact since he was the one that was depicted to always be there for the kids.   A "house-husband" sort of speaks.   Nothing wrong with that since it's always good to have a parent around, be it the father or mother.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Meedis said:

I wonder if it's a case that he doesn't want to be on the cameras and they have to create a narrative so Towanda is just saying he has no contact.    It does seem hard to believe he has no contact since he was the one that was depicted to always be there for the kids.   A "house-husband" sort of speaks.   Nothing wrong with that since it's always good to have a parent around, be it the father or mother.

Good point/idea.

however, if that is the case, Towanda/production should have came up with a better "story" - one that doesn't cast that much of a negative light.  He still is the kids dad. 

Like Andre, got a job in a new city, he quauretiened with a family member out of state - which many people did, or just say she doesn't talk to him often but the kids constantly FaceTime him.

• Love 4
On 12/7/2020 at 10:05 AM, sATL said:

Did the quarantine 15 only hit Trina in her upper half? Maybe its the clothes, but she seems bigger than before.. I don't think the "additions" are  a purchased installation, as elective surgeries was on hold here for some time...

It was good to see Braxton and Brooke after such a long time. I see Towanda in both of them.

Still trying to figure out which one of Trina's son's favor her.. They are her biological sons, right ? Agree, I understand and fully support loving and raising children, that one didn't give birth to. I remember saying she was pregnant shortly after signing with the group . I don't know .. maybe I've been watching too much LifeTime TV..

Um, do you mean her breast implants? She had those years ago, before BFV started. 

I think her older son looks just like her; the younger one, not at all.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Um, do you mean her breast implants? She had those years ago, before BFV started. 

I think her older son looks just like her; the younger one, not at all.

yes. implants.

but just like cars, people do upgrade to the latest model.😀

• LOL 2
On 12/7/2020 at 8:59 AM, luckyroll3 said:

This doesn't surprise me at all.  I didn't think he was a loser, but he was the primary caretaker for most of those kids' lives while Towanda was off working or doing whatever. It was pretty clear from the earlier seasons that she never spent any time with him or the kids, especially when she was mostly living in LA being Toni's assistant, running her "executive assistants training/agency", and working on her "acting career".  And then she laughed at him when he said he wanted to write again. So I'm totally not surprised that he stays away now, although it sucks if he really isn't in contact with the kids. (Although, I never really believe anything Towanda says, so....I actually think she's a sociopath.) Anyway, her kids have gotten soooooo big. I still see them as 11 year olds in my head. 

12 hours ago, Meedis said:

I think Towanda's ex legit ghosted his kids. I've watched Sean's YouTube channel "King Lady Bug" --- yeah, I don't get the name either--- the kid's were super supportive when he asked permission to marry their mom. He took the son fishing & showed him how to cut the grass for the first time. Stuff dads would typically do, if they were around.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3

S07Ep05. I think this was the penultimate episode. Toni pulled a Diva move: invited Traci, Towanda & Trina to L.A.--- then told them they had to quarantine for 5 days before she would see them in person. The house she rented was gorgeous & she hired a private chef. She also offered to fly Mommy out on a private plane. I guess she & Birdman are still together, lol. 

Before the L.A. trip, Towanda went to visit Traci in Maryland & I thought she was kinda rude. She had asked Traci for crabs; Traci said she was really tired of crabs. When she arrived, Traci was frying chicken & had made collard greens, macaroni & cheese, & I think sweet potatoes. Towanda said she was pescatarian & ultimately left without having a single bite.

Sean asked Daddy Braxton for Towanda's hand.

Traci explained her side of the story to Trina. Trina was very sympathetic without throwing her other sisters under the bus. Traci loses me with "... & then I grabbed a chair." And I still don't get what the niece passing away has to do with Traci's outburst. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Towanda went to visit Traci in Maryland & I thought she was kinda rude.

Towanda was more than rude. There's something about Towanda that causes me to dislike her immensely. Sometimes I think she's even more selfish/annoying than Tamar (or how Tamar is portrayed), and I wouldn't trust Towanda as far as I can throw her. Just something about that girl that is totally unlikeable.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9066913/Tamar-Braxton-reveals-attempted-suicide-thought-son-Logan-7-deserved-better.html

Tamar talks to Taraji on her Facebook show. Apparently, the sisters saw her last month when they were in L.A. It still sounds like they're kinda distant though.

I'll have to watch the Tamar interview with Taraji.    On another note, looks like DailyMail was mixing up people.   In the middle of the article, they start off saying:  "The Being Mary Jane actress...."    Tamar was never on Being Mary Jane, let alone an actress (except on reality TV I suppose).   Gabrielle Union was on Being Mary Jane and was the first guest on Taraji's Facebook show.

image.thumb.png.a248c37836b2fb14e7fd99d3db89e31d.png

Edited by Meedis
  • LOL 3

S07Ep06 Sister Staycation was a good time. They can have an entertaining show without fussing & fighting. Traci & Mommy cleared the air. Mommy's new wig in the talking head is everything. There was a brief mention of Tamar being missed. Ironically, this is the type of show Tamar claimed she wanted; but it's only possible without her being present. I hope she's well in real life, but I don't miss her manic energy on the show. Towanda got her was-band's tattoo removed. The sisters had a birthday party for Toni. It was really a great idea for them to get together. 

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3

Speaking of Mommy...did you get the feeling that her false eyelashes were WAY too heavy during her talking head? Between the long bangs and heavy eyelashes, she could barely keep her eyes opened. In fact, at one point it looked as if she were talking with her eyes closed. LOL!

• LOL 3
On 12/20/2020 at 4:07 AM, MsTree said:

Speaking of Mommy...did you get the feeling that her false eyelashes were WAY too heavy during her talking head? Between the long bangs and heavy eyelashes, she could barely keep her eyes opened. In fact, at one point it looked as if she were talking with her eyes closed. LOL!

I was thinking she needed to raise her laptop camera higher as she was looking down. She probably had the laptop on something like a lower table. Production should have caught that, as I am sure they reviewed her comments before they said ok to make the final episode cut.  If that was/is the case - I will give her a pass, as talking extensively into a laptop camera is a new skill for some, during COVID.

As for her overall look - I know Ms. E wants to look revenant and young. That's just her style. But some of her wigs/weaves and the color of them - no.  Some of the scenes she can look just too made up - not natural looking..

Speaking of Ms E and hair -  Did I hear Trina say something like "moms don't tell you about menopause" ? I was thinking Trina - your mom is still here, on this side of heaven, just a phone call away? Why not ask her to give you the talk about menopause? I would think if she (Trina)  would get rid of that 5 pounds of hair on her head in CA in the summer/fall, that could help... I mean she is wearing a butt length hair coverage on her head.  That is why we wear caps - to try to hold in body heat. And shed some of the tight fitting black clothes. I was getting flashes just looking at her. Some fabrics just don't allow air to get to in..

I think if I would have to lay on the floor and have a "hot flash temper tantrum" I would be calling somebody...That's not ok behavior...sometimes you need to save yourself, from yourself...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

Mama Braxton quarantining & cooking at Trina & Vonn's & talking about BLM. She looks great!

These YouTube videos get disabled pretty quickly when I post them here, but they are still available direct through YouTube. 

Horseback riding with Towanda & Trina & friends. Soo fun!

I miss this show.

• Love 1

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/02/tamar-braxton-ex-restraining-order-dismissed/

TAMAR BRAXTONEX'S RESTRAINING ORDER DISMISSED ...After Court No-Shows

Tamar Braxton no longer has to keep her distance from her ex-boyfriend ... because we’ve learned his restraining order's been dissolved after neither one of them showed up in court.

Neither Tamar nor the singer's ex, David Adefeso, appeared for their court hearing on the matter Tuesday, so the judge dismissed the case and dissolved the restraining order.

We broke the story ... Adefeso filed for a domestic violence restraining order against Tamar in September and was temporarily granted one. David claimed Tamar attacked him while he was driving his car and threatened to have him killed.

Tamar denied the allegations the following month on "The Tamron Hall Show."0000

As you'll recall ... David was the one who called 911 last summer when he was dating Tamar and reported her alleged suicide attempt. He claimed at the time, her WeTV beef was the reason she wanted to kill herself.

As for why neither Tamar nor David showed up in court ... it's unclear, however, we're told they have not reconciled.

• Love 2

https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/07/tamar-braxton-returning-tv-not-reality/

TAMAR BRAXTONI'M RETURNING TO TV... But Not That Reality BS!!!

10/7/2021 12:40 AM PT

Tamar Braxton's got her sights set on returning to television after an admitted toxic relationship with the reality TV biz, but she says when she does ... she's choosing a different way to tell her story.

We got Tamar at LAX Wednesday and asked about her teasing her family's series, "Braxton Family Values," coming back to the airwaves ... but possibly on a new network.

As you'll recall ... Tamar was released by WE tv last summer following her suicide attempt and subsequent claims the reality TV industry and its "toxic, systemic bondage" drove her to want to end her life.

Despite that, "Braxton Family Values" still aired as planned, but now Tamar's suggesting she has a different type of family TV project in the works ... one that won't follow the conventional "reality" route.

Specifically, she says the show won't pry into her personal life, and will depict her family in a way she feels is fair.

Yes, it does sound like a little shade at We tv as well, but Tamar insists it's more about having control and protecting her fellow Braxtons ... and fans will just have to stay tuned to see what happens.

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Despite that, "Braxton Family Values" still aired as planned, but now Tamar's suggesting she has a different type of family TV project in the works ... one that won't follow the conventional "reality" route.

Specifically, she says the show won't pry into her personal life, and will depict her family in a way she feels is fair.

hmmmm.  that is what made the show watchable.. all the sisters, not just her..

seeing her in a made for weekly tv-series-drama will be a switch. didn't know role acting was she wanted to do... 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

I don't follow Tamar, what was she saying?

She's had a lot of posts recently about her sisters, missing them and wishing they were close by. It's not like she never talks about her family, but it's been more frequent lately.

Funny I just finished watching their last season just a week ago. When it aired two years ago, I watched about 15 minutes of the first episode, and kind of bowed out. But I wanted to clear some space on my DVR so I decided to finish the series. It was good to see that with therapy, Traci had gained composure and it was still evident that without Tamar's presence, they interact so much better.

Anyway, I wish them all peace and patience.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

My God... Total major shock.. didn't even know she was sick... and such a strong woman, so real.. ... Just too too sad...Just went things were going well ( at least on tv)... new grandbaby...still dabbling singing on her own... still has hubby-original..

I need to look up Esophageal cancer... there's no cure??? gone in a year at 50??? 50- that is super scary... did trying to restart singing at an later age put pressure on her cords/throat. Is this another one of those health issues that hit african-americans the hardest and the earliest - like colon cancer???

My deepest prayers and sympathy to the family... , Rest easy, God's newest Angel.. 😥

image.png.e2ad228529c2db8c4ba77a2a1f274539.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 3/12/2022 at 2:40 PM, luckyroll3 said:

She's had a lot of posts recently about her sisters, missing them and wishing they were close by. It's not like she never talks about her family, but it's been more frequent lately.

Given the light of what just happened... Unless that is something I don't know about Tamar which is alot as I don't follow her either - but just what the hell is she doing that she couldn't be with Traci more in MD?  There's little excuse - covid restrictions or not - that she couldn't travel to be more physically in-tuned with her sisters.

She's a single woman now and I think Vince would have understood her spending more time in MD with or without their son. Tamar is still a woman with financial means - get on a flight commercial or private, rent a house and go be with your terminally ill sister. Its not like she had to ride Greyhoud for 5 days to get from CA to MD while eating crackers and Vienna sausages out of a can, and make a sleeping pallet on a cold hardwood floor..

With that said - just how much time does she spend with Toni , who we all know have Lupus and in the same state she's in ? How much time does she spend with her parents - who appear to be in good health, but they are in their seasoned years..

Sorry for the rant - just hurting from hearing the news about Traci..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

Reportedly, none of the sisters or Mama Evelyn attended Traci's private funeral service yesterday March 26, 2022. There is a public funeral scheduled for March 31st; but the casket was closed during the private service, so that was the last opportunity to view Traci.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2022/03/25/gma3-guest-list-week-of-march-28th/

Toni is scheduled to appear virtually on GMA3 on ABC March 31st to promote her latest movie.

841501421_Screenshot_20220327-140404_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ca46e4dad57dfda0ac27b9d2af12794d.jpg

1568547247_Screenshot_20220327-140925_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.78a9041f2ed7273a40edab399aa150c7.jpg

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Since Toni is going to be on GMA3 which also has Dr Jen, maybe she will shed some light on this type of cancer - that kills at 50...

Toni is scheduled to appear on Tamron Hall tomorrow Tuesday March 29. Tamron did say in the intro that Toni is going to talk about the heartbreaking loss and their bond.🍿

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 3/27/2022 at 1:47 PM, NowVoyager said:

Reportedly, none of the sisters or Mama Evelyn attended Traci's private funeral service yesterday March 26, 2022. There is a public funeral scheduled for March 31st; but the casket was closed during the private service, so that was the last opportunity to view Traci.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2022/03/25/gma3-guest-list-week-of-march-28th/

Trying to guess a positive ....

Perhaps they had a family only private service. Like what the OG in my family refer to as the "family hour" or the "viewing hour" , usually held at the funeral home with an officiant saying a few brief and comforting words. Limited to a very small nbr of people and the details of when is normally not disclosed.

Then what was given to the press a the "private funeral" was attended by co-workers, neighbors, schoolmates, in-laws, church members, folks like that.

I just don't believe that a mother would not attend, as painful as it could be, her own child service.  As far as the sisters - Tamar historically has acted like she couldn't stand the state of MD, I think Twanda/Trinia would be joined at the hip, and Toni would have come - albeit probably late. I also think the brother (who seems to be a friend to all of the sisters) and the father - with his wife of 20 years - would also have come.

Now for a little snark - what took so long for the private/any/ and all service(s) to happen? Surely they didn't have to pass the hat to raise funeral expenses...I mean she passed on the 12th and was diagnosed as terminal...Yes Traci was a public figure but surely they didn't need to wait until the nearest NBA/major performance arena was free..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

This is such an ugly mess, my head is spinning.

https://pagesix.com/2022/03/30/braxtons-claim-sister-tracis-husband-is-exploiting-her-death/

Braxtons feel sister Traci’s husband and team are ‘exploiting her death’

March 30, 2022 | 5:04pm

Traxi Braxton
Traci Braxton, the sister of Grammy Award winning singer Toni Braxton, passed away of esophageal cancer on Mar. 12Getty Images

The Braxton sisters just want their late sister Traci to rest in peace, but her husband and manager are “exploiting” their sister in death, insiders claim.

The Braxtons’ beloved sister Traci died two weeks ago after a year-long battle with esophageal cancer, and her husband and management have planned a viewing with Zoom links and a funeral service against her final wishes, according to sources.

“Traci did not want a funeral or wake. She did not want people looking all over her body. She specifically requested to be immediately cremated… There was a Zoom meeting that made it clear about what she wanted, and now her husband is trying to cash in on her name,” a Braxton insider told Page Six.

Traci’s husband Kevin Surratt held a viewing for her last week and her famous sisters, Tamar, Trina, Towanda, Toni and their mother Evelyn Braxton opted out of attending. Their father Michael Conrad Braxton did show up, but we’re told he was initially turned away at the door “for not being on the list.”

Traci Braxton with her husband Kevin Surratt in 2019. Getty Images for the Recording A

“He was so upset that he wasn’t on the list. Someone from the church recognized him and let him in and he had to sit in the fourth row,” the insider said.

Braxton’s father wasn’t even allowed “to speak or say any words about his daughter,” the insider added.

Surratt, who was married to Traci for nearly 30 years, told us it’s not true and “my father-in-law and brother-in-law came in briefly. He also insisted that he invited the sisters but, “they did not show up.”

Traci’s famous sisters Tamar, Towanda, Toni and Trina Braxton (above) refused to attend the memorial service held by her husband, believing it to be against their sibling’s wishes. Getty Images

Braxton underwent treatment for esophageal cancer for a year before she passed away in March, and our insider told us, “Traci’s husband was planning her funeral months before she died. She did not know that, but he was talking to other people about it.”

Surratt claimed he honored his wife’s wishes and that, “she explained everything to the funeral home” before she passed.

Traci Braxton — seen above with sister Trina and mother Evelyn — reportedly did not want a formal funeral. Getty Images for WE tv

“I was with my wife… more than anybody in this world. I know my wife, and when she got cancer, we really started to communicate about funeral plans and I was still trying to find treatments for her. I went to every single one of her doctor appointments throughout our entire marriage. That’s how we were, and now they’re treating me like a [deadbeat] husband,” he said.

He also claims, Traci “wanted a viewing and one memorial service in conjunction with her management, PR and other members to come together and celebrate her.”

On Thursday, Traci’s manager, Cliff Jones, whom sources say she “relinquished managerial duties” from before she passed, is further “disrespecting the family” by holding an actual funeral service.

Traci Braxton with her mom Evelyn and sisters, Towanda and Trina at SiriusXM Studios in 2018. Getty Images

Another source told us Jones reached out to gospel artists Kim Burrell and Byron Cage to perform at that service, but “they pulled out when they realized the sisters weren’t involved,” they said.

“A barcode is required for entry. It’s a whole production,” they added.

The first source, who told us Traci’s body has since been cremated claimed, “Nobody ever called to ask the family anything. No one called her mom, her father, her sisters to say, ‘What do you guys think – of anything.'”

The family is expecting to hold their own private memorial “the way Traci requested” on April 2., which would have been Traci’s 51st birthday, according to our sources.

Traci’s most famous sibling, Toni, seemingly confirmed the private memorial during an appearance on “Tamron Hall” on Tuesday.

Toni Braxton opened up to talk show host Tamron Hall about her sister’s death earlier this week. Tamron Hall/YouTube

“Her birthday is coming up soon — on the second — and my sisters and I are going to celebrate and have a big Traci day… So, I’m excited about that,” the distraught singer told Hall.

Surratt also confirmed the private service and said, “I was never invited… No one has sent me any type of invitation.”

Toni and Hall did not talk about last week’s viewing and her upcoming funeral, but the first source told us the situation is making the family even more sad.

The Braxtons once appeared together on “Celebrity Family Feud.” Disney General Entertainment Con

“They want to lay their sister to rest and continue to celebrate her life, and they want it stress free,” they said.

Surratt insists “none of it is true. I was meeting her wishes. Traci made our son the executor of her estate because she knew [her family] wouldn’t come after him. They’d come after me.”

As for how Traci would feel about the family fighting after her death?

“She wouldn’t like it. She fought til the end. I’m just praying that it gets right,” Surratt said.

• Useful 3
(edited)
On 3/12/2022 at 6:46 PM, sATL said:

My God... Total major shock.. didn't even know she was sick... and such a strong woman, so real.. ... Just too too sad...Just went things were going well ( at least on tv)... new grandbaby...still dabbling singing on her own... still has hubby-original..

I need to look up Esophageal cancer... there's no cure??? gone in a year at 50??? 50- that is super scary... did trying to restart singing at an later age put pressure on her cords/throat. Is this another one of those health issues that hit african-americans the hardest and the earliest - like colon cancer???

My deepest prayers and sympathy to the family... , Rest easy, God's newest Angel.. 😥

image.png.e2ad228529c2db8c4ba77a2a1f274539.png

Cancer does not discriminate. Esophageal cancer is one of those cancers that if not diagnosed properly, it kills. My husband is white (well half Korean). 15 years ago (same age as Traci) my husband was diagnosed with it and was given a 10-15% chance of surviving. It took a year to figure out what was going on. He went through 30 radiation treatments and had chemo once a week. The treatments alone almost killed him. By the time he was finished with the radiation, his throat looked like raw hamburger. He couldn't eat. He couldn't drink, and he was nothing but skin and bones, but I'll be got damned if he didn't get up every single day and go to work. He is one tough old bird, and he never complained.

Once the cancer was dead, he had a break to rest and regain his health. We were so so fortunate to have one of the top thoracic surgeons in the country on his case. The doctor removed his esophagus and pulled up his stomach into his chest for a new esophagus. Many don't survive the treatments, and many don't survive the surgery. My husband was out of the hospital in 6 days. The recovery was 6 months long before he could go back to work.

Now 15 years later, he had 2 heart attacks, had 2 stents put in his heart, was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy, and wears a life vest (defibrillator) in case of sudden cardiac death. The doctors think his heart problems stemmed from the cancer treatments. It has taken this long for all this to develop. After 2 months of hospital stays and doctor appointments, he is back to work.

I'll say one thing for my sweet husband. He is fucking tough as nails. He is improving every single day. He is a miracle. He always says...the Lord isn't ready for him and the devil is afraid he'll take over. LOL!

I wish Traci could have had that miracle. My husband talks to people all over the country about esophageal cancer. He tells them what to expect, and he tells them about his incredible surgeon. This doctor is now in NY. We are in AL. I wish we would have known because we could have referred her to him.

My heart goes out to Traci and her family. Traci was a gem and taken way too soon. I don't know the facts about the sisters and mother not going to her funeral, but it's a damn shame. Just sometimes it's not about them. I hope Traci is singing with the angels, and I pray her husband and son find peace and comfort in their memories of her.

Edited by Sharonana
  • Love 6

Here's the deal. Kevin was her husband, and it was his call on the funeral. I'm not going to make any judgement on some video calls, but from their narrative, it sounds like the usual Braxton gang up where things must go their way. They obviously didn't even like Traci that much, so for once mama and the gang should have just shut and paid their respects at the private funeral. They don't need to like everything and control everything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 4/1/2022 at 3:49 PM, Sharonana said:

Cancer does not discriminate. Esophageal cancer is one of those cancers that if not diagnosed properly, it kills. My husband is white (well half Korean). 15 years ago (same age as Traci) my husband was diagnosed with it and was given a 10-15% chance of surviving. It took a year to figure out what was going on. He went through 30 radiation treatments and had chemo once a week. The treatments alone almost killed him. By the time he was finished with the radiation, his throat looked like raw hamburger. He couldn't eat. He couldn't drink, and he was nothing but skin and bones, but I'll be got damned if he didn't get up every single day and go to work. He is one tough old bird, and he never complained.

Once the cancer was dead, he had a break to rest and regain his health. We were so so fortunate to have one of the top thoracic surgeons in the country on his case. The doctor removed his esophagus and pulled up his stomach into his chest for a new esophagus. Many don't survive the treatments, and many don't survive the surgery. My husband was out of the hospital in 6 days. The recovery was 6 months long before he could go back to work.

Now 15 years later, he had 2 heart attacks, had 2 stents put in his heart, was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy, and wears a life vest (defibrillator) in case of sudden cardiac death. The doctors think his heart problems stemmed from the cancer treatments. It has taken this long for all this to develop. After 2 months of hospital stays and doctor appointments, he is back to work.

I'll say one thing for my sweet husband. He is fucking tough as nails. He is improving every single day. He is a miracle. He always says...the Lord isn't ready for him and the devil is afraid he'll take over. LOL!

I wish Traci could have had that miracle. My husband talks to people all over the country about esophageal cancer. He tells them what to expect, and he tells them about his incredible surgeon. This doctor is now in NY. We are in AL. I wish we would have known because we could have referred her to him.

My heart goes out to Traci and her family. Traci was a gem and taken way too soon. I don't know the facts about the sisters and mother not going to her funeral, but it's a damn shame. Just sometimes it's not about them. I hope Traci is singing with the angels, and I pray her husband and son find peace and comfort in their memories of her.

Thank you! For sharing your life story about esophageal cancer. It was truly eye-opening and enlightening, and gives context to what Traci must have gone through. Your husband is an absolute soldier! I appreciate the detailed experience--- those are the kinds of things the doctors don't tell you.

Just heart breaking--- but, God Bless you for being available to reach out to others! 

• Love 5
(edited)

Regarding Traci's passing, I kind of hate that I posted that Page Six article. Just the idea that anyone grieving Traci would google her & the first thing they see: 'Husband Exploiting Her Death' pains me. I do not believe it to be true & it can only multiply the pain he must feel at this time. Losing the love of his life for the last ~30 years. I am sorry. I posted it because---- it was the information being put out there at the time.

I think--- the husband abided by her final wishes as best as he could, while trying to pay proper tribute to her fame. The viewing was brief & she was cremated shortly thereafter, for the memorial service.

I dunno--- IF he got a coupla bucks for interviews & such--- whatevs, they got bills to pay.

For the life of me.... I simply cannot understand the mom & the sisters not showing up! At least to support their nephew, even if they had beef with the husband. Since the sisters didn't attend, I guess their children, the cousins didn't either? One of Toni's sons attends Howard University nearby. The cousins could have been a great support to Kevin Jr. during this ordeal. Then again, Papa Braxton showed up & he was treated poorly--- initially refused at the door, seated 4th row, not allowed to speak. Just A Mess!

It seems the mom & sisters treated Traci poorly in death as they did in life: as some how lesser than them. It all goes back to when the dad & mom got divorced. Traci & Mike kept a relationship with their dad. The other sisters did not talk to him for years, at the behest of the mom. Remember when brother Mike's daughter died some years back? They were conspicuously absent then, too.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 7
On 4/3/2022 at 1:34 AM, NowVoyager said:

Then again, Papa Braxton showed up & he was treated poorly--- initially refused at the door, seated 4th row, not allowed to speak. Just A Mess!

Since this information came from the same source that claimed the husband was trying to "cash in" on Traci's death and was overruling what Traci allegedly told her sisters what she wanted, I'm not inclined to believe or trust what's coming out of their mouths about the dad being refused at the door and sat in the 4h row.  How would they know? They don't talk to him!

It sounds to me the sisters/mom wanted to take over the funeral plans, the husband shut that down, they refused to come because a) they couldn't run Traci's funeral and b) the dad was going to be there so they ran to Page Six to smear the husband as the reason why they didn't show up to Traci's services.

I have heard stories about the sisters/mom not wanting people like Traci's bike club or her coworkers down at the radio station involved/invited to the services.  I saw Traci's service online, it was very tasteful and really celebrated Traci.  The mayor of DC sent condolences, the radio station etc.  

I'm sorry, they could've flown into BWI, National or Dulles and took themselves down to the church and supported their nephew/grandson, no matter how they felt about the husband or the dad.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 2

I lost my dear husband to cancer in 2020.  He died 6 months after diagnosis.  I’ll be damned if I asked his siblings how to handle his death.  I followed HIS wishes.  The Braxton’s are so narcissistic.  They always made Traci feel less than.  I am so sorry to just read about Traci.

Sadly, I have a close family member just diagnosed with esophageal cancer.  

• Hugs 2
  • Sad 1

I just remembered how Tamar so desperately wanted to get out of WeTV's grasp.   So it's interesting they're planning to do it again.    They must really need the money which hopefully they got a better contract out of it.    It won't be the same w/o Traci though.

• Like 1
(edited)

Speaking  of money need., I did have the passing throught Toni would show up on stage with Usher at the superbowl halftime  show. Aren't they still  beasties?

Suprising  news on a new show. Now what could be the storyline:Twanda's kids should be close to grown, so her ex- hubby and that storyline sn't needed. Wonder if Tracie's (god rest her soul) husband is dating anyone; Trina- it's no telling; I would think Mr &Mrs Braxton and Ms E, wouldn't want to be bothered with a reality show at this stage of the game...

Tamar actually agreed to something???And with other people???

I wonder if WE TV is struggling for shows... I just had to check to see if I still had the channel..

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1