Type keyword(s) to search

Braxton Family Values - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/23/2020 at 8:33 PM, luckyroll3 said:

I also don't like the way he talks about Goli. He doesn't like it because he's a "christian" and his beliefs or whatever, but he don't need to like it. It's not for him.

I

He’s such a Christian that he has sex outside of marriage and couldn’t go 45 days not having sex? I was like wait a minute sex outside of marriage is a HUGE thing in his religion lol he’s full of shit ....he is a control freak ..... they are just super toxic together 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5

Watching Tamar reminded me of the movie Beaches when Leona tells CC that she just can't pay attention to her. She says" You always wanted too much attention! You wanted so much attention from everybody all the time, that you wore people out! You wore me out, you wore your father out..." Tamar sucks the air out of the room. She lies about being shy and not being able to sing in front of people but she's always "performing" and overdoing it whenever she has a audience of at least one. 

It's weird how the crew is so much a part of the show. And I still don't know who all these hanger ons are. How many are real crew and how many are Tamar's entourage? 

That crap Tamar pulled with the producer was unforgiveable. She batted her eyes and played shy and vulnerable, while the people who came to work could only meekly beg the manipulative diva to consider working. I think on the last day, the producer showed up sometime before noon, yet Tamar didn't sit her butt down to do anything until 9:45pm. 

David is an idiot. But for the life of me I don't know why Tamar would leave a relationship that she claims was so draining and then start up with another dude so quickly.

I don't know if the break room would perpetuate the angry Black woman trope, but Tamar's response certainly advanced the angry brat trope.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

That crap Tamar pulled with the producer was unforgiveable. She batted her eyes and played shy and vulnerable, while the people who came to work could only meekly beg the manipulative diva to consider working. I think on the last day, the producer showed up sometime before noon, yet Tamar didn't sit her butt down to do anything until 9:45pm. 

But what about the full on lie she told Mona in the first episode that it was Vince that was the jealous one and didn't let her work with male music producers ... flash back to her doing her first independent album and look shes working with and laughing with male music producers and she was the one screaming at any woman that came within 10feet of her husband that they were whores lol girl has a revisionist memory

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But what about the full on lie she told Mona in the first episode that it was Vince that was the jealous one and didn't let her work with male music producers ... flash back to her doing her first independent album and look shes working with and laughing with male music producers and she was the one screaming at any woman that came within 10feet of her husband that they were whores lol girl has a revisionist memory

And just like in this episode, Tamar often surrounds herself with a bevy of males; engaging in petty gossip and discussing topics they probably wouldn't waste their time on except that they are paid or beholden to be her "friend".

• Love 1

Get Ya Life, S1/Ep04: A lot of subtitles this episode, steering the narrative. Huh. As promised, David was indeed very controlling. What was surprising is that Goli started acting weird & personally inserting herself in the middle of David & Tamar's relationship; saying David was jealous of her. She made some comments that I thought were... strange. I cocked my head & squinted at Goli a coupla times. This is not The Goli Braxton Show! Can she please just analyze the dreams & leave? It was really annoying that they focused so much on her & gave short shrift to Todrick Hall! The audacity!

Ahem, for those of you who need a refresher:

This was My Jam during quarantine! Tamar has a cameo.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

She made some comments that I thought were... strange. I cocked my head & squinted at Goli a coupla times. This is not The Goli Braxton Show! Can she please just analyze the dreams & leave?

I couldn't agree more!!  Goli is definitely milking her 15 minutes with all the talking head segments. And why producers are giving her a platform is beyond my comprehension. I hate to say it, but I agree with David...something if "off" about Goli and her bullshit dream works.

• Love 5

Get Ya Life, S1/Ep05: Still a lot of subtitles, hard to casually watch because you may miss some of the narrative. Tamar plans a big party for David's birthday--- looks fabulous! Ice sculptures & mood lighting & dj & catering & everything! She really went all out! 100 guests. David's family flew in from Nigeria. That's at least 16 hours on a nonstop (I'm quite sure they had to stop at least once), plus Customs & Immigration & check in & baggage claim, plus crazy jetlag with the time difference. In spite of all that & a short night, they seemed lovely. None of Tamar's family attended. 😑 For all her planning & preparation, Tamar wasn't a gracious hostess & didn't receive her guests. David had to go & fetch her. She said she bailed because she was too hot in her dress. Fair enough, but if she was too hot, her guests were too hot, too. David is not my favorite person, but he is not 100% wrong here. Goli at the party stirring up sh!t for no reason with David. He kindly tried to introduce her to people & gestured for her to explain her job herself; somehow she took this as a slight instead of using the opportunity to promote her business. It made me doubt her credentials; if she's been in the business as long as she's said she has & worked with various stars, a pat response should have rolled off her tongue. She was falling down drunk & somehow managed to blame that on him, too. Chile, bye! David is saying he has suspicions about dream work, but I really think he has legitimate questions about Goli. He's right. She's shady. I did NOT tune in to watch the Goli Braxton Show! I am losing interest... End of the episode, Goli says she's quitting. Perfect! I hope so! Tamar says she's going to take Xanax.

• Love 4

Goli's batshit crazy. All her talk about how she loves Tamar and all that bullshit is nonsense, but I don't think she's a snake.  I feel she just got really defensive at being called a witch and doesn't know how to handle it. Her tryin to use Tamar's twerking as an example of something that's not in the bible that Tamar embraces (Lol!) was a miss.  But she's right when she said to the producer that she was hired to work with Tamar, not with David.  She needed to reiterate that to David and say that she understands he doesn't get it or believe it, but oh well. She'll stop the work when Tamar asks her to, not him. And then leave Tamar to deal with David's issue.  All the extra theatrics are unnecessary. I did enjoy watching her get plastered though.

tenor.gif

There's something about David, that just feels wrong and I can't quite put my finger on it.  When Tamar said she was tired and wanted time away from the guests (yes, she's a brat), his response was that he's gonna send everyone home. When Vince "disrespected his house" by putting Logan to bed in one of the earlier episodes, his response was to have a fight with Tamar in front of Logan, then pack up his stuff to leave all while Logan is crying and begging him to stay.  His talking head when he's detailing how he was so calm, so he can't understand why Goli was getting upset cause he's only asking simple questions - I wanted to knee him in the balls.  So many gaslighting-esque moments with him. Someone like Tamar with such low self-esteem and desperate to be wanted/loved/included by her family is ripe for the picking.

• Love 3

Get Ya Life, S01/Ep06: Series & Season Finale. Some overlap w/ filming Braxton Family Values & Trina's wedding in the ATL. Some nice moments: like Tamar & David making dinner at home, his place I think; & Tamar going out for Mexican food w/ her Patti's Pies friend, coconut margheritas w/ toasted coconut---yum! David recounts a physical altercation between Traci & Tamar at Trina's wedding. He said Traci grabbed Tamar's hair & twisted her hand roughly. No further insight than the 25+ year old issue that Traci was forced out of the group because she was pregnant. I mean, I get it but why is her anger focused on Tamar? Tamar was in high school when it happened. So, it looks like Tamar's suicide attempt happened during filming of BFV, after filming GYL was concluded. Tamar looks horrified reviewing footage of the show in Mona Scott Young's office. It's hard to know what's really going on because it's clearly heavily edited. She looked beyond pissed in her last couple talking heads & walked off. 

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

No further insight than the 25+ year old issue that Traci was forced out of the group because she was pregnant. I mean, I get it but why is her anger focused on Tamar? Tamar was in high school when it happened.

I often wonder the same thing too. Maybe because of Tamar's age, she was a bit more blunt about the situation with Traci? Who knows. And really, after all these years, Traci should be over it by now. That is, unless there's a LOT more to the situation than the sisters are willing to reveal.

• Love 1

I haven't seen the episode yet, so I'm not prepared to comment on much, but I'm also not sure why Traci blames Tamar other than Tamar is the easiest person to target because she always has issues with everyone. Why isn't she upset with Trina, who I believe got pregnant not long after Traci did, yet wasn't asked to leave the group? Or Towanda (cause I believe Towanda is ALWAYS doing something shady, and probably was doing shady shit back then too)?

10 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

coconut margheritas w/ toasted coconut-

I don't think I would like coconut margaritas.  But, I have been thoroughly enjoying (and hoovering) toasted coconut cashews that I found in my parents house....fucking delicious!

• Love 3

I thought Tamar looked absolutely horrendous and beyond sick in her last talking head of the final episode.  It seems she lost a lot of weight in her face, her eyes were totally wonky, (she barely glanced at the camera) and she was scary looking and almost unrecognizable.  I realize some time has passed since the interview was filmed, and I hope she is in better mental and physical condition now, but the person I saw looking at me through the camera lens was someone who needed a LOT of help.  I felt awful for her.
Was that final interview filmed after her suicide attempt?

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, tinderbox said:

I thought Tamar looked absolutely horrendous and beyond sick in her last talking head of the final episode.  It seems she lost a lot of weight in her face, her eyes were totally wonky, (she barely glanced at the camera) and she was scary looking and almost unrecognizable.  I realize some time has passed since the interview was filmed, and I hope she is in better mental and physical condition now, but the person I saw looking at me through the camera lens was someone who needed a LOT of help.  I felt awful for her.

To answer your question: No. Get Ya Life was all filmed before the suicide attempt. Which is why I've felt some kinda way watching the show. It's disturbing to watch things leading up to her breakdown. Somewhere between the end of filming GYL & the early episodes of the new upcoming season of BFV is when it happened.

In real time, Tamar is still angry w/ WeTv, just cussed them out on Instagram & will be on Tamron Hall's talk show 10/28/20 to talk about her situation.

The comment section on this^^^ YouTube video is--- Whew! Wow. Let me just copy paste a few:

Screenshot_20201022-053151_YouTube.thumb.jpg.efa62fc258131fa3a8cecadd4660b15d.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-053337_YouTube.thumb.jpg.dfa8143a236d81e217415bf46915a6df.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-053447_YouTube.thumb.jpg.bf8720ff6e124708dade6d5bb49420fb.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-053554_YouTube.thumb.jpg.f8ebf936d14f3e98aa320834c4860c0a.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-053728_YouTube.thumb.jpg.225b8ae64c03e21f6a0b9f715cd37763.jpg

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3

Yes, Tamar is a drama queen, but I blame Mona and her people. From the first meeting, It was pretty clear that Tamar was hesitant, but Mona  Scott-Young started pushing with her bargain basement therapy session talking about how the only way for Tamar to move past her issues is to air all of them in front of the camera.  It was a bunch of manipulative bullshit. And then during her first session with Goli, she was willing to share up to a point and was also being resistant on allowing other things to film and they kept pushing.  The EP who was there knew, and he looked like he was constantly seconds away from pulling his hair out every episode.  But I'm sure his directive from up top was to continue to push.  I get she signed a contract, but there were lots of signs that they weren't gonna get exactly what they needed despite the prodding.   And I agree with Tamar - she's expressed her discontent and distrust, she's broken ties with WE, and she didn't continue filming once GYL was done....why is she still the focus.  Also, I think Mona is an acolyte of the hell....

• Love 2

Reportedly Tamar has unfollowed her whole family on Instagram including Mama Evelyn because she didn't feel like they were supportive after her suicide attempt.

^^^Gary With Da Tea--- if you are unfamiliar--- is A Mess! Lol! This was recorded last night, a week before Halloween, but he's singing about Thanksgiving & Christmas. Chile...

• Love 1
On 10/21/2020 at 5:10 PM, tinderbox said:

Correction: I am now unsure about the time lines of filming GYL & BFV, although I know they overlapped, & Tamar's suicide attempt. As of Wednesday just passed, Tamar has unfollowed all of her family including Mama Evelyn. 

https://madamenoire.com/1196144/braxton-family-values/

^^^An excerpt, emphasis mine:

Most recently, as in Wednesday, Tamar Braxton unfollowed all of her sisters and even her mother on Instagram after the release of sneak peek trailer for Season 7 of the show. She is sparsely featured in the clip, but the news of her recent suicide attempt is prominently captured. At the end of the trailer, Toni is filmed getting the news of Tamar’s crisis, and almost all of the other sisters speak in confessionals about hearing of their baby sister’s situation. Considering that Tamar said feeling exploited and mistreated by WE tv was a big factor behind her attempt to overdose on pills and alcohol in July, she was not happy to find that the network used her experience as part of a storyline for this upcoming season since she’s barely featured in it. She made that known on Twitter. But she also alluded to her feelings about her sisters being somewhat complicit in that while responding to a fan who thought they were still shooting the show when she had her suicide attempt.

“No pumpkin they wasn’t. it’s ALL re staged for tv. And that’s my fckn issue,” she wrote on Twitter. “Remember @wetv said we have parted ways in August. I am no longer employed by them and they are STILL using me and my hurt to make a coin. What show talks about old cast members?”

Perhaps her belief that her sisters willingly shot new scenes to share their feelings about the sensitive situation was the straw that broke the camel’s back for Tamar. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

What show talks about old cast members?”

Problem is, Tamar, you are more than just a "cast" member, you are their sister. Whether right or wrong, all reality cast members talk about their family. Whether it's the Housewives talking about their kids, or your sisters talking about you, it's their "reality".

• Love 3
On 10/16/2020 at 11:12 AM, luckyroll3 said:

I'm also not sure why Traci blames Tamar other than Tamar is the easiest person to target because she always has issues with everyone. Why isn't she upset with Trina, who I believe got pregnant not long after Traci did, yet wasn't asked to leave the group? Or Towanda (cause I believe Towanda is ALWAYS doing something shady, and probably was doing shady shit back then too)?

Well, the thing you focus on is never the thing you're really mad about.  IMO, it's probably easy for Traci to articulate how that situation hurt her, but less easy for her to articulate how that record deal is indicative of how they always treat her.  I think in Traci's mind, she is not important to her sisters and is easily dismissed.  I think Traci and Kevin have implied that she really doesn't have a road dog in the family.  Trina and Towanda have each other, Tamar and Toni have each other, and I think in Napa Kevin said to Towanda, you have Michael.  That leaves Traci as the odd woman out.  

It has always appeared to me that the sisters dismiss Traci a lot.  With some of them it's benign neglect, and with others (Tamar) it's down right rude and hostile.  I remember in one of the earlier seasons when they were having their group counseling session, Toni took it upon herself to tell Traci that she needed to lose weight.  What did Traci's weight have to do with the sister's issues?   And she just expected Traci to absorb that because it was "the truth."  I have never got the feeling from this group that they ever really consider Traci or her feelings.  And I think they all have allowed Tamar to rude and verbally aggressive with Traci because that's just how Tamar is.  I think for a long time she has let the situation persist because  1.) she's not the most articulate of the sisters and they regularly talk rings around her which leaves her frustrated. and 2.) the whole "we're sisters" bullshit.

Lowkey, I blame Evelyn.  

1. Evelyn is a whole mess and she raised those girls and encouraged their fucked-up dynamic.  A dynamic where there's no real care, accountability, or sincere amends for bad behavior or other transgressions.

2. My theory: Evelyn made her children choose between her and Braxton after the divorce.  I doubt it was anything explicit, but given her behavior a decade after the divorce (when the show began), I don't doubt that she made it difficult for them to be open about still loving and maintaining their relationship with father  I think for most of them it was easy to choose.  Evelyn was the wronged one and Braxton married his mistress before the papers were dry.  For their mother's sake, they were not going to have anything to do with Ms. Wanda and Braxton was not going to let his children disrespect his wife. which kept them at odds  The siblings may have had their own reasons for not dealing with their father and his wife but Evelyn was not going to encourage reconciliation.  I think secretly she was pleased that they rallied behind and chose her.

Except for Traci.  By dent of proximity, Traci maintained her relationship with her father and is probably on cordial terms with Ms. Wanda.  I think that makes Traci the odd one out, even with Evelyn.  I think this has also probably played a role in how the sisters view and treat Traci.

I have far too many thought on this, but, what can I say, interpersonal relationships are interesting.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Not sure why Toni's trying to be Janet Jackson. As Tamar is fond of saying, you are "Toni Braxton, Living Legend!" Be Toni! 

That Bachelorette party was......something else.  Not sure why strippers were the finale when all the openers were buck ass naked.  But I'm still chuckling over "You're getting juice all over me!" cause that was just ridiculous.

tenor.gif

• Love 1

Watched S07Ep02. Trina's wedding was a bit of a hawt mess. She really should have hired a local wedding planner since it was out of state. & what wedding starts at 3:30 & ends at 8!? I wasn't a fan of Trina's hair, makeup or styling--- I've seen her look cuter on random episodes. The round up-do didn't flatter her round face; the makeup on her eyelids & lips looked a little bit ashy & lacked dimension; the forehead jewelry was too low on her head & was competing with the necklace. & Toni Braxton needs her butt whooped for showing up in an over-sized blazer & thigh high boots--- for an afternoon wedding!? She looked like she was going to the club. 

On a positive note: Traci has been killing it this episode & last! Body looking tight & right, & hair, makeup & outfits on point! She wins!

• Love 3

I haven't finished the episode yet, but I can't stop laughing at Trina's description of her cake: a duck wearing a church lady hat when she requested a peacock!  LMAO!!!!  I need to see this version of the cake.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • LOL 2

Please tell me the producers are playing with us regarding the previews after this episode?  IOW, is Mama Braxton still upset with Papa Braxton's "new" wife?!?  What's it been now? 30 or 40 years??🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

And then came the Albino Peacock cake!  LMAO! Why are they messing with my girl Trina? She definitely should have hired someone to help her though.  It definitely reminded me of when my mom got married, because she did all the planning. And the day of, she was running around like a mad woman until a couple of us were just like, "Stop! Tell us what is left to get done and go get ready for your damn wedding!"  She wanted to do it all herself, but she should have hired someone to assist her for the days leading up to the wedding, or at the very least, for the day of. I'm surprised Towanda didn't volunteer to help her cause that seems to be her thing, but I guess she only volunteers to plan Toni's shit.

6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Mama Braxton still upset with Papa Braxton's "new" wife?!?  What's it been now? 30 or 40 years??🙄

She is still salty about that shit. I get that he cheated on her with Ms. Wanda, but she's holding on to her anger so tightly. The way she kept saying, "well I guess I'm at the right table" while ignoring Wanda. And then when they moved her to the other table, there was so much venom when she was speaking to whoever about the mistake. She's way past a full grown adult so she should have been able to sit there and be cordial, and if she couldn't do that, she could have easily gotten up and moved or asked someone to find her another seat.  The passive aggressive shit, and then crowing in her talking head about how she didn't even know that was Braxton's wife (yeah right), was unsettling. And you can see where a lot of the ladies' unhealthy behaviors and interactions come from. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

S07Ep03: Ooo-kay. So, the teaser we've been watching all season: Traci hyperventilating & saying, "I'm afraid to accept this reality." It's about her niece passing away; she's grieving & struggling to accept that her beloved niece is gone forever. Aww... I'm soo glad Traci is getting some therapy. 

Back up to the first half of the episode, back during the wedding: Traci trips while holding Trina's train. She says ~maybe one time too many to be believable that she hasn't had anything to drink. Then, she says in the talking head that everybody had drinks. Trina & Vonn's vows were lovely--- Judge Mablean came through nicely--- moments of humor, they jump the broom. The cake was perfectly nice, if a little nondescript--- but, considering the less than 24 hour turn around, the baker was Amazing! I wish they had publicized him a little more for his troubles.

Then. Daddy sang. It was struggle-cute. He motions for Traci to help him out & Trina sang a bit, too. The sisters are clowning over Daddy Braxton's singing. Song over. Traci goes back to her table. Someone named Olivia (?!? Her son's babymama maybe!? I have no idea & it was off camera) tells Traci her sisters were laughing at her. That's what set off the whole fight. Truth be told, neither Daddy, nor Traci, nor Trina sounded great during the song, but it was sweet. Traci leaves the table to try to calm down, some of the sisters & her husband go after her and then... well, during therapy Traci said she blacked out.

Corona virus, Tamar's suicide attempt, the sisters head to L.A. 

Oh! & the newlyweds moved Mama Braxton in during the Covid crisis which I thought was awesome & selfless. Looks like a basement apartment with it's own private entrance & kitchen, nicely decorated & furnished. & Mama Braxton keeps busy having them down for delicious home-cooked meals.

This episode was 90 minutes.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1

That was a lovely wedding. I'm glad that got a decent cake, finally. But I will always remember the albino peacock and church hat peep cakes. Also both of Trina's kid's are so fucking awkward! They tried to be sweet during their toasts though. 

Traci was mad from the time she tripped and she went back to the table and proceeded to place blame on everyone else, when she could have just laughed it off. And I just had to roll my eyes when she was talking about the "all the antics going on" at the wedding. The only person carrying on with antics was Traci.

And Olivia is messy as hell. She needs to take her ass on somewhere. But since she and Traci's son (and their child) still live with Traci, Olivia probably hears Traci bitch and moan about the sisters all the time and was all too happy to feed into it. 

Very interesting to see Michael's take on the sisters' relationship and how Traci interacts with them. 

• Love 1

Outtakes better than anything on the last episode! Starting w/ Vonn's bachelor party. WeTV's editing ain't ish! They left out so many cute moments, as shown here & they left out the crux of Traci's upsetness, as shown in my previous post. There's some shadiness afoot. Anyway, enjoy!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1

I didn't know season 7 started..found episode 3 by channel surfing.

Traci still has issues signing and not being in the group from 30 years ago. Then the death of her niece. Tragic, yes,  but she seems to be taking it harder than her brother  ;did she raise or care take the niece ? And to add gas to other fires her hubby got called up to help with Covid response?

Toni being on a crowded music set / dressing room during covid AND she has lupus ???? CA infection rates were up there most of the summer..

This  family being in zoom boxes just may be a good thing... That at least gets Michael Jr on the show..brother kinda went missing there for a minute... Isn't he a nurse?

Tina's 3rd marriage... Lord....that scene at breakfast - Trina looked like Florida Evans from Good Times..

Ms E seems to be getting / looking younger..😁

Let me try to find episode 1 & 2 somewhere..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

🤔 Interesting that guests were supposed to put their phones away. I'm glad YouTube name: KingLadyBug, government name: Sean did not. This gives credence to Tamar's assertion that WeTV purposely edited the show to make her family look bad. He brought the receipts.

Edited to add: Oh, duh! Sean is Towanda's boyfriend/fiance. Also, the music at the beginning & end is probably his & it's kinda the jam.

56 minutes ago, sATL said:

I didn't know season 7 started..found episode 3 by channel surfing.

Traci still has issues signing and not being in the group from 30 years ago. Then the death of her niece. Tragic, yes,  but she seems to be taking it harder than her brother  ;did she raise or care take the niece ? And to add gas to other fires her hubby got called up to help with Covid response?

Toni being on a crowded music set / dressing room during Vivid AND she has lupus ???? CA infection rates were up there most of the summer..

Tina's 3rd marriage... Lord....

Let me try to find episode 1 & 2 somewhere..

Looks like the earlier episodes are still available on YouTube, even though they got taken down when I posted them here. Helpful hint: fast forward through the episode, then hit replay, so you can skip all the commercials.

Edited by NowVoyager

Thanks @NowVoyager

I am going to break up my responses in separate posts - since I had to play catchup on 2 episodes. I enjoyed my binge watch. 😁

Let me say first being with I hope Tamar and Tracie continue to get the help they need to heal, recover from past wounds and cope with the unknown future challenges - good and bad. 

I guess that is why I thought the show was gone for good. But I guess Trina had to get her big wedding #1/marriage #3 paid for by a  network. And extra promo for Toni's latest tune. I saw bits and pieces about Tamar's hospitalization for suicide, so I thought that was that for Braxton Family Values.

• Those two need time to focus privately on their matters and get to a place where filming their family and business matters, don't cause psychological stress. 
  • Toni only wants to do the show if it helps her 3-4 yr new latest single/album drop - otherwise she still wants out. Never really wanted to do it in the 1st place
  • Not sure Towanda and Trina have enough going on to carry a show.
  • Other Braxton side-kicks are only good if they are filmed with another sister-Braxton.

Also - and I think I said the same about Mary Mary, Tamar & Vince - part of WE's Thursday night line up and Bring It on Friday - I truly have enjoyed the shows/seasons. A good highlight to a long work week. I think they were good and positive in many different ways, first of all being women empowerment. However, all good things must and do come to an end.

Hopefully WE will continue to find show business sisters (there was another singing group from the 90s  that followed for a quick minute) to replace what they started. The Campbells (Erica and Warren) had a quick series on BET? - let me scan to see what happened to that project.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Episode #1:

Toni - We all aspire to be like you who at age 53 can be photographed in a black silk slip two sizes too big and a while nightly that looks like WE masked out the nipples  - showing alot of T&A.. girl... And love - I know you like to earn your coin, but if you miss an event, stop asking your sisters for a recap.  Are your dance moves on that pyramid what that they are doing in the club? By that I mean  - still doing ??

The Penis-Overload/Nasty Girl /HoeDown Bacherlotte party... Cute decorations. Tamar I think I agree with you. It was too much (for me). I didn't see anything wrong asking if the demo couple new each other.. Don't see to see a man with an erection  showing how to f*ck fruit - with or without a condom.  As far as the demonstration couple "performing their craft" - if they had something to "say" - that should have had a mic - like theater actors have. Expecting a bunch of liquored up horny women to be completely quiet was unrealistic.

I fell out laughing when Quad said "I like her pants stockings on her..." - in all that was going on she's looking at wardrobe 🤣.. Speaking of which - Towanda why were you all covered up ? Yes - its cold in ATL Nov/Dec but houses do have heat.

Wow - those 3 sisters run HOT 🔥. They must have been a mess during the teen years. I was shocked when I heard Brooklyn Tankard (Thicker than Water) ran a brothel . Its no telling what Trina, Towanda and Tracie ran in MD...guess no one pressed charges

Trina - Do you really expect us to believe that you didn't hire a wedding coordinator in St. Louis ? Looks like the place you married in would have required one- to some extent. Do you expect us to believe that you "wanted" an all men bridal party ? No boo, you didn't want to fool with crazy-times-4.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Episode 2 (part 1):

I do think the cake fiasco was made-for-tv drama, but Toni's expression when she saw cake #1 & #2 , was priceless. she almost jumped out of her skin. 

RE: cake #2 - I don't blame trina's son for taking a nibble - just because the cake is damaged/ugly don't mean it taste good.

Trina found two seamstress, one wearing the tape measure,  in St. Louis , who could alter a dress made in Israel, but couldn't find a wedding cake baker to bring your cake picture to life?  No boo - a cake just wasn't that important to you. I thought the $2800 for an overnight 4-5 layer cake (which means the baker had to use what he had frozen) with the ribbon or the cascading flowers, delivery and setup, was a good price. I was disappointed what was finally on the table at the wedding.

Forgive me for saying this - #1.. I'm not buying the only reason the wedding move to St Louis's was that because Von's mom couldn't travel. Yes, she is elderly and in a wheelchair, but I think with a steady companion she could have made the trip. I'm guessing Von's crew are in St Louis and they  probably for financial reasons, couldn't travel. Everyone else had to travel - Toni, Tamar, Logan and her companion from CA, Towanda, Sean (not sure about  her kids), Trina and her sons, Ms. E and Von had to come in from ATL, and then there is the MD crew - Tracie family ( 3 generations deep) , MJ, Dad and his wife. Judge Mable looks like she is a member of the CA bar.

Forgive me for saying this- #2 - Toni and Tamar actually walked the ground in St. Louis Mo, in December. Surprised the hell out of me. They seem to be a little snooty to travel to middle smaller town America. Wonder how long they stayed there 36 hours or less ? How much did they complain about not have such-and-such that they are used to in high society places ?

Trina - I didn't know daddy's weren't allowed at the courthouse to see their children get married. Tell the story, straight now.

Didn't care for Toni's "Paper Moon" suit at the wedding. She looked like she was going to court.

Of all of the packages of hair Trina wears just to go to eat a meal - her wedding day, she went natural  without Eco gel to lay down edges ?

Ms E won't eat with Ms Wanda - what does that mean? 

tamar was telling the truth about her online class:

https://online-learning.harvard.edu/course/improving-your-business-through-culture-health?delta=0

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Question: What do we think of Towanda's boyfriend Sean? 🤔

Um... a little thirsty? A little try-hard? But, I feel bad saying it because he's a nice guy who seems to really dote on Towanda.

I thought Towanda & Sean's conversation about having a baby together was surprising because Towanda is 47. I mean, there are options, but they're iffy at best. It's sad that Towanda's ex has no contact with his kids. I always thought he was a loser, but this is next level.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1