Type keyword(s) to search

Braxton Family Values - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Heather B said it best: they can't edit what isn't there.  Or something like that.

No is all Tamara believe me.  I believe that's what happened on the "Real" her entitled attitude got her fired.

• Love 3

Toni Braxton's niece Lauren Braxton's cause of death is ruled a heroin and fentanyl overdose by Maryland medical examiner

The Chief Medical Examiner's Office said the results came after officials completed Lauren's autopsy following her death April 29 at 24-years-old, according to E! News .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7186825/Toni-Braxtons-niece-Lauren-Braxtons-cause-death-ruled-heroin-fentanyl-overdose.html?ito=email_share_article-masthead

On 6/11/2019 at 9:26 AM, OnceSane said:

Heather B said it best: they can't edit what isn't there.  Or something like that.

I believe it was along the lines of, they can't edit what you don't give them.  And so, so true.  I yell at the screen several times a year during reunion shows!

1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

Toni Braxton's niece Lauren Braxton's cause of death is ruled a heroin and fentanyl overdose by Maryland medical examiner

The Chief Medical Examiner's Office said the results came after officials completed Lauren's autopsy following her death April 29 at 24-years-old, according to E! News .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7186825/Toni-Braxtons-niece-Lauren-Braxtons-cause-death-ruled-heroin-fentanyl-overdose.html?ito=email_share_article-masthead

Holy shit!  I was not expecting it to be drug related at all. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Tamar Triggered By A Man Offering Her Drugs, References Late Niece | MadameNoire

https://madamenoire.com/1097187/tamar-braxton-triggered-by-a-man-offering-her-drugs-on-the-plane-references-her-late-niece/

So, apparently Tamar did attend her niece's funeral. & this incident w/ the man offering her drugs on a flight to hangout w/ Nene Leakes & Wendy Williams happened maybe a few days before LaShawn passed.

According to that statement, one can only make the assumption re: Nene & Wendy. So much for the "changed woman"...

I'm obsessed with this performance.

Just ICONIC.

The voice, the face, the body, the gown, the production value, the choreography 💞💞💞

I really miss this show. I would have loved to see all the behind the scenes work it took to put this together. 

• Love 1

This makes me so sad for Tamar.  I've always said that she comes across as the most sensitive, damaged, and hurt of all the sisters, despite her attitude.  She uses it as a shield.  Hope she pulls through and is able to get some help.  

• Love 1

I've never watched the Braxton show and don't know anything about any of them (except Toni, and her only because of one song from years ago). I've found Tamar's recent 'new show' teasers extremely irritating ('I ain't fightin with anybody but the devil!!!', sheesh) and have zero interest in watching it.

The email above makes me wonder who has been or currently is holding a gun to her head to force her to appear on a 'reality' show, which of course wants controversy, not a happy family. The tweet sounds like she blames her family as much as WeTV. And I can't be the only one noting the timing of the suicide attempt just days before the new series premieres. Maybe going right from one apparently disturbing reality show experience to another one wasn't such a great idea.  If the suicide attempt was genuine, I really hope she steps back from show business and concentrates on her emotional health.

I love Tamar. I love her voice and her sparkly attitude. I don't love her tantrums but I see she has a good heart when she comes down. Ppl like that have rage from unresolved stuff. I think she said once she had been sexually molested and physically abused. 

• Love 2
(edited)

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/22/tamar-braxton-family-boyfriend-mention-network-issues-911-call-odd-suicide-attempt-wetv/

Tamar Braxton's Family Baffled By BF Mentioning Network Beef 

TAMAR BRAXTONBF'S 911 CALL RAISES FAMILY'S EYEBROWS... Why Talk WeTV Beef???

7/22/2020 1:00 AM PT

Tamar Braxton's family is puzzled by her boyfriend's actions the night of her apparent suicide attempt ... and they're alarmed by his influence over her emotions.

Sources connected to the Braxton family tell TMZ ... Tamar's boyfriend, David Adefeso, had seen the pilot episode and promo late last week for her new reality show, 'Get Ya Life!' ... and he was very unhappy.

We're told David got angry about the show's content, and how he was portrayed in it -- and his reaction, in turn, made Tamar upset.

Play video content

911 AUDIO

TMZ broke the story ... when David called 911, he took time to explain Tamar had issues with WeTV that came to a head in the hours leading up to him finding her unresponsive in their Ritz Carlton hotel room.

Our sources say Tamar's relatives find it strange David was discussing details of her alleged network beef while she was desperately in need of medical attention. We're told the family believes it's further proof David was the one who really had issues with the show's editorial choices.

Tamar's family has noticed a change since she started seeing David ... according to our sources, who say Tamar's mood swings tend to align with how David's feeling. They also say he's very involved in her business decisions.

As for David's portrayal in the pilot, someone who's seen the episode tells us David, at times, comes off as demanding and controlling.

In the episode, we're told Tamar decides to go on a spiritual healing journey, which includes no sex for 45 days, something that really upsets David.

It's hard to deny that tension is played up in the promo. During one scene, Tamar and David are arguing behind a locked door and Tamar yells, "David, stop!" before producers barge into the room.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/25/2020 at 3:44 AM, Caseysgirl said:

I can’t believe that WE tv played a preview of Tamar’s reality show tonight right after “ Love After Lockup” pretty damn insensitive to say nothing of inappropriate, I’d say.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/28/tamar-braxton-reality-show-reality-show-postponed-wetv-suicide-attempt-get-ya-life/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8569713/Tamar-Braxtons-reality-series-Ya-Life-pushed-following-alleged-suicide-attempt.html

Edited by NowVoyager

Awkward timing, but I think Toni recorded this for Vogue Beauty waay before Tamar's recent crisis. It's all over the internet now anyway.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8582501/Toni-Braxton-reveals-uses-VIBRATOR-puff-eyes-real-beauty-secret.html

31434348-8582501-image-a-29_1596247216129.jpg.7e9d63a4aef190d6029c4bea5a8e0a43.jpg

31434356-8582501-image-a-30_1596247264600.jpg.1a9b71cc3135951e90eee71bcb152c07.jpg

(Ugh! This is in such poor taste. I questioned posting it & am still considering deleting it. But, it's out there with lots of press, so I'm just bringing the receipts?)

Edited by NowVoyager

Why is it in poor taste? Lots of skincare tools are using sonic vibrations to stimulate blood flow, and cost hundreds to thousands of dollars for something that a $30 vibrator can achieve.  I actually think it's pretty smart.

• Love 2

Showbiz Cheat Sheet

HOME / ENTERTAINMENT /

Toni Braxton Reveals If 'Braxton Family Values' Is Returning Now That We TV and Tamar Braxton Cut Ties

Brenda Alexander | MORE ARTICLES

September 1, 2020

Braxton Family Values fans are anxiously waiting to see if there will be another season of the popular reality series. But with Tamar Braxton and We TV severing ties, many want to know if the show’s future is in jeopardy. Toni Braxton reveals in a recent interview that filming for the show is underway but the future remains uncertain.

The Braxton family via Twitter

We TV and Tamar Braxton have cut ties

Tamar is currently in treatment to address her mental health. The singer admits to being on medication for depression. She also revealed that she’s a survivor of sexual abuse and is getting help with processing her trauma.

Before her hospitalization in July 2019, Tamar began expressing her unhappiness with We TV. She accuses the network of exploiting her family and instigating drama for ratings. She also says the cast is severely underpaid, despite having the longest number-one-rated reality series for a predominately Black cast.

Tamar reportedly became upset and felt blindsided by the release of a trailer for her second We TV spinoff. She’s allegedly not happy with the depiction of her boyfriend, David Adefeso, and feels the trailer is a mashup of her most dramatic moments during filming.

Source: YouTube

RELATED: Report Details Alleged Controlling Behavior of Tamar Braxton’s Boyfriend

Sources close to production claim otherwise. The Jasmine Brand reports that it’s Adefeso who is unhappy with his portrayal. The source also says Adefeso exhibits controlling behavior and impacts Tamar’s moods. 

Variety reports that We TV “will work with her representatives to honor her request to end all future work for the network,” ending their 11-year relationship with her. Tamar also defends Adefeso, calling him her angel on Earth.

Toni Braxton says ‘Braxton Family Values’ is filming but hints Tamar Braxton’s hospitalization impacts the show’s future

In a new interview with The Rickey Smiley Morning Show, Toni says prior to the coronavirus shutdown, the cast was filming and preparing for season seven.

“We were filming, even during the pandemic we’ve been filming,” she says. “We came up with a clever idea [for filming during quarantine] and it’s been working out very well.”

Toni says upon Tamar’s hospitalization, their priorities have shifted. 

RELATED: Why Tamar Braxton Is No Longer a Fan of ‘Braxton Family Values’

“My sister Tamar had a little situation but it’s not my business to tell her business,” she says. “But I can say that our family is doing so much better, we’re in a healthier place. And, I have to tell people that mental illness is not a joke. If anybody in your family is sad, you need to listen to them. It’s not always drama, sometimes is just sadness.”

It’s hard to imagine how all Braxton sisters will be able to continue participating on the show if Tamar is no longer contractually obligated to the network. Prior to Tamar’s hospitalization, Towanda revealed the show was set to return this fall.

Tamar’s six-episode spinoff Get Ya Life is premiering on We TV on September 10. We TV says Tamar is relieved of all future work with the network since parting ways. 

• Love 1
On 9/4/2020 at 3:54 AM, NowVoyager said:

Showbiz Cheat Sheet

HOME / ENTERTAINMENT /

Toni Braxton Reveals If 'Braxton Family Values' Is Returning Now That We TV and Tamar Braxton Cut Ties

Brenda Alexander | MORE ARTICLES

September 1, 2020

Braxton Family Values fans are anxiously waiting to see if there will be another season of the popular reality series. But with Tamar Braxton and We TV severing ties, many want to know if the show’s future is in jeopardy. Toni Braxton reveals in a recent interview that filming for the show is underway but the future remains uncertain.

The Braxton family via Twitter

We TV and Tamar Braxton have cut ties

Tamar is currently in treatment to address her mental health. The singer admits to being on medication for depression. She also revealed that she’s a survivor of sexual abuse and is getting help with processing her trauma.

Before her hospitalization in July 2019, Tamar began expressing her unhappiness with We TV. She accuses the network of exploiting her family and instigating drama for ratings. She also says the cast is severely underpaid, despite having the longest number-one-rated reality series for a predominately Black cast.

Tamar reportedly became upset and felt blindsided by the release of a trailer for her second We TV spinoff. She’s allegedly not happy with the depiction of her boyfriend, David Adefeso, and feels the trailer is a mashup of her most dramatic moments during filming.

RELATED: Report Details Alleged Controlling Behavior of Tamar Braxton’s Boyfriend

Sources close to production claim otherwise. The Jasmine Brand reports that it’s Adefeso who is unhappy with his portrayal. The source also says Adefeso exhibits controlling behavior and impacts Tamar’s moods. 

Variety reports that We TV “will work with her representatives to honor her request to end all future work for the network,” ending their 11-year relationship with her. Tamar also defends Adefeso, calling him her angel on Earth.

Toni Braxton says ‘Braxton Family Values’ is filming but hints Tamar Braxton’s hospitalization impacts the show’s future

In a new interview with The Rickey Smiley Morning Show, Toni says prior to the coronavirus shutdown, the cast was filming and preparing for season seven.

“We were filming, even during the pandemic we’ve been filming,” she says. “We came up with a clever idea [for filming during quarantine] and it’s been working out very well.”

Toni says upon Tamar’s hospitalization, their priorities have shifted. 

RELATED: Why Tamar Braxton Is No Longer a Fan of ‘Braxton Family Values’

“My sister Tamar had a little situation but it’s not my business to tell her business,” she says. “But I can say that our family is doing so much better, we’re in a healthier place. And, I have to tell people that mental illness is not a joke. If anybody in your family is sad, you need to listen to them. It’s not always drama, sometimes is just sadness.”

It’s hard to imagine how all Braxton sisters will be able to continue participating on the show if Tamar is no longer contractually obligated to the network. Prior to Tamar’s hospitalization, Towanda revealed the show was set to return this fall.

Tamar’s six-episode spinoff Get Ya Life is premiering on We TV on September 10. We TV says Tamar is relieved of all future work with the network since parting ways. 

There is a  15 minute First Look of Tamar's show on my DVR. I could only handle 5 minutes right now. She's braying about losing so much of herself while still emitting the Tamar aura we've always seen. I just don't know what to say about this family. I feel it's only safe to sit back and watch how everything unfolds.

• Love 1

https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/08/tamar-braxton-boyfriend-domestic-violence-restraining-order/

Tamar Braxton's BF Files for Domestic Violence Restraining Order

EXCLUSIVE

TAMAR BRAXTONBF FILES FOR RESTRAINING ORDERIndicates Domestic Violence

9/8/2020 9:47 AM PT

Tamar Braxton's boyfriend is running to court asking for protection against her in what he describes as a domestic violence situation ... TMZ has learned.

The singer's BF, David Adefeso, filed for a restraining order Tuesday in L.A. seeking to prevent DV ... and he's asking a judge to grant him one against Tamar. For now, it's unclear what he's alleging she might've done.

It doesn't look like the court has approved his request just yet -- we're reaching out to Tamar's team to get more info. So far, we have not heard back.

At any rate, it's another sign that things have been volatile lately in her life -- especially as it pertains to David. Remember, he's the one who called 911 not too long ago saying Tamar was threatening to kill herself. He also mentioned her WeTV beef to cops at the time.

Also keep in mind ... family sources connected to Tamar have told us they believe she's changed since getting with him -- claiming her mood seems to align with his. We've also been told that David has come off as controlling in Tamar's reality show, and that he's been quite involved in her business decisions of late.

Story developing ...

• Love 1

https://www.tvguide.com/news/tamar-braxton-get-ya-life-muddies-the-lines-between-empowerment-and-exploitation/

Tamar Braxton: Get Ya Life Blurs the Line Between Entertainment and Exploitation

BY MALCOLM VENABLESEP 9, 2020 3:00 AM EDT

Tamar Braxton

Days after singer and reality star Tamar Braxton attempted to take her own life earlier this summer, the vivacious personality from The Real, Braxton Family Values, and Celebrity Big Brother posted a courageous Instagram message opening up about her mental health — and saying her most recent project contributed to her crisis. Braxton had been working with We TV, where Braxton Family Values made her a star, on a new reality series in which she documented her journey rebuilding her life after a divorce and public feud with her family. In her post, Braxton wrote that the experience left her broken.

"I felt like I was no longer living," she wrote. "I was existing for the purpose of a corporation's gain and ratings, and that killed me. I wrote a letter over 2 months ago asking to be freed from what I believed was excessive and unfair. I explained in personal detail the demise I was experiencing. My cry for help went totally ignored. However the demands persisted." 

In the aftermath, We TV and Braxton agreed to part ways and stop creating new content together. ("Tamar Braxton has been an important part of our network family for more than a decade," the network said in a statement. "As she focuses on her health and recovery...we will work with her representatives to honor her request to end all future work for the network. We wish her nothing but the best.") 

That agreement did not preclude We TV from airing what it had already shot, however, and so it is that we get Tamar Braxton: Get Ya Life, a sometimes uncomfortably intense chronicle of how Braxton began to feel unwell. The experiences that led to Braxton's mental health struggles — family drama, relationship problems, and so on — are specific to her, but Get Ya Life is a chilling example of the ways in which reality shows can exploit people, and how the viewing public becomes complicit in devouring someone's soul.

Two of the season's six episodes, which were taped last year, were sent to critics. From the start, they quietly rumble with the promise of a larger storm ahead. In the first episode, Braxton says in her own words that she's lost everything: friends, family, her home, her manager ex-husband, her dreams, and herself. Hers is a predicament none of us want to be in, let alone be filmed experiencing. But this is the gig. What goes unspoken is that, having fashioned herself into a reality star a long time ago, Braxton's career and, one assumes, income now largely depend on letting cameras (us) into her life, again. She believes this is her last option and says as much.

This Catch-22 is what leads her to essentially beg mega-producer Mona Scott-Young for help in the first episode. Given Scott's complicated legacy of creating hit franchises like Love & Hip Hop that've been criticized for problematic depictions of Black women, Braxton looks like she's making a deal with the devil. That's not to say that Scott-Young is the devil, per se, but the machine that promises Braxton money and continued fame at significant costs to her own well-being is a scary one indeed. Scott-Young repeatedly warns Braxton that she must understand what she's signing up for and can't bail when it gets too intense. Braxton says she wants this, but then, she's already stated she doesn't have any other options. We don't make it through Episode 1 before Braxton reneges on her promise to give cameras access to her every move. Almost as soon as she walks into the cage, the door slams shut, and her natural reactions to the stress and powerlessness of the situation are sometimes hard to watch. Even the show's title, in context of Braxton's near loss of life, seems puzzling.

View this post on Instagram

First and foremost, Thank you. Thank you to each and every individual who has prayed for me, thought of me, sent me their love and has showered me with their support. In this present moment, it is my only responsibility to be real with myself and to be real with the ones who truly love me and care for my healing. I have without fail, shared with you my brightest days, and I know that sharing with you what has been my darkest will be the light for any man or woman who is feeling the same defeat I felt just only a week ago. Every one of us has a desire, whether small or big, to make it out of where we come from to an ideal future place that includes, freedom to be who we choose, security for our children and families, and fortune to share with the ones we love. We believe these things can co-exist with just being happy. I believed that, that as a black woman, as an artist, an influence, a personality I could shape my world, and with whom I believed to be my partners, they could help me share my world. Over the past 11 years there were promises made to protect and portray my story, with the authenticity and honesty I gave. I was betrayed, taken advantage of, overworked, and underpaid. I wrote a letter over 2 months ago asking to be freed from what I believed was excessive and unfair. I explained in personal detail the demise I was experiencing. My cry for help went totally ignored. However the demands persisted. It was my spirit, and my soul that was tainted the most. There are a few things I count on most to be, a good mother, a good daughter, a good partner, a good sister, and a good person. Who I was, begun to mean little to nothing, because it would only be how I was portrayed on television that would matter. It was witnessing the slow death of the woman I became, that discouraged my will to fight. I felt like I was no longer living, I was existing for the purpose of a corporations gain and ratings, and that killed me. Mental illness is real. We have to normalize acknowledging it and stop associating it with shame and humiliation. The pain that I have experienced over the past 11 years has slowly ate away at my spirit and my mental. (Swipe to finish )

A post shared by Tamar Braxton (@tamarbraxton) on Jul 30, 2020 at 12:57pm PDT

This isn't to say she's a victim; she knew what she was signing up for, and some of the frustrations she experiences are of her own making. In one scene, she storms off and refuses to do a form of tension release therapy recommended by a therapist on grounds that it might make her look like an angry Black woman. She's both right and perhaps a little paranoid — this particular exercise is something all kinds of people do — and, as if to suggest she's overreacting, We TV brings in a Black producer to say she'd never make Black women look bad. But let's face it: Everyone's here to make money and to make themselves look good. No reality show would ever cop to deliberately misleading the talent or us, even if illusion and distortion are the foundation of reality shows. 

Though these episodes take place months before Tamar's suicide attempt, it's impossible to miss how she got to a breaking point. The series shows her overburdened by commitments to too many people. Braxton is first and foremost a singer, yet she's so scattered from maintaining the machine that is her documented life — engaging with her glam squad, battling with producers over her portrayal, etc. — she doesn't have the bandwidth to practice her craft. She loses her voice — a glaring neon sign from the Universe that something is deeply wrong. 

The dangers that come with fame, and reality show fame specifically, are well-documented; beyond the loss of privacy and the requirement to maintain a persona, reality fame can be its own kind of purgatory that keeps talent shuffling from one show to the next. Ideally, the right blend of business savvy and luck lets a reality star become a Kandi Burruss, a Bethenny Frankel, or, if the gods smile on you, a Kardashian — ruler of your own empire. But most reality stars slide further and further down the rungs on the reality ladder until they just take whatever opportunities they can get, and we can practically smell Braxton's near-desperation to do this show, and her resentment of it, through the screen.Fortunately Braxton's life was saved, but she is one of many more reality stars who've implied or directly stated that a reality show played a part in their decision to attempt suicide. Some of them died.

What lessons can we extract from Get Ya Life? When is the right time to turn off the cameras and prioritize someone's health? It's evident in just two episodes Braxton was in need of help that she never got. She tried so hard to maintain a brave face, but the pressure was, like the cameras, constant and relentless. In this era of increased consideration and sensitivity around sex scenes, inclusion, and gender expression, now seems like an ideal time for networks and producers to get better at making sure their reality talent is OK. As Braxton finds her voice again, hopefully those who profit from making this kind of content — and we viewers who feed off others' challenges for our own entertainment — will listen more closely to what she has to say. 

Tamar Braxton: Get Ya Life premieres Thursday, September 10 at 9/8c. 

• Love 1

https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/11/tamar-braxton-boyfriend-punched-threatened-kill-domestic-violence-restraining-order/

TAMAR BRAXTONSHE PUNCHED ME, THREATENED TO KILL... Ex-Boyfriend Gets Restraining Order

9/11/2020 6:46 PM PT

6:39 PM PT -- David has been granted a temporary restraining order against Tamar, according to new docs obtained by TMZ. The order requires Tamar to stay at least 100 yards away from David, his car and his job.

Tamar Braxton beat the crap out of her ex-boyfriend and threatened to kill him ... at least that's what he claimed while seeking court-ordered protection from her.

The singer's ex, David Adefeso, filed for the restraining order, alleging Tamar attacked him while he was driving his car, and threatened to have him killed.

In the docs, obtained by TMZ, David claims Tamar started punching him during an argument while he was driving his Rolls-Royce. David claims Tamar violently socked him in the jugular, disorienting him and nearly causing him to crash.

According to the docs, David claims he parked the car and Tamar started trashing it -- allegedly smashing the camera and rearview mirror. He claims he suffered bruising to his neck and shoulder area along with the damage to his Rolls.

Since the alleged attack, which he says led to their breakup, David's ex claims she's been threatening to kill him. In docs, he says Tamar told him her ex-husband wanted to "send goons" to kill him 6 months ago, but she stopped it. He claims she's now threatening to let those "goons" loose.

David beelined it to court, filing for a temporary restraining order.

Play video content

911 AUDIO

If true, the allegations are another sign of the turmoil in Tamar's life. As we reported, David called 911 recently saying she'd attempted suicide ... and he claimed it was all over beef with WeTV.

Remember ... family sources connected to Tamar have told us they think she changed while dating David, and we'd also been told he seemed controlling in her upcoming WeTV spinoff reality show.

• Love 1

So, Whew! It's a lot going on, but I did catch the first episode of "Get Ya Life" On Demand. I was concerned that I was participating in exploitation of her, given all we know about her troubles, things that are going on at this very moment.

Some things that stood out to me:

---Tamar's face looked kind of puffy. I wondered if it was a side effect of some kind of medication.

---I was shocked by Tamar's interaction with Love & Hip Hop producer Mona Scott-Young. Tamar was basically begging the woman to green light this show & MSY seemed a bit reluctant. Tamar's instagram posts suggested otherwise.

---Tamar had a house that was not the Ritz-Carlton residence she's lived & filmed in since her divorce.

---Tamar was constantly under a lot of stress, but she would quickly flip her personality when her son was present.

---Tamar analyzing her dreams brought up something very disturbing to her that has not been publicly revealed. I thought the molestation was the issue, but there seems to be more to the story.

---Tamar was having trouble with her voice and seemed lost recording without Vince, even as she acknowledged his managerial style was problematic.

---David seemed reasonable & pleasant. I don't get what changed between filming & their current situation.

---Tamar walked out & canceled filming a lot, just as MSY feared she would. 

I'll be interested to hear from anyone else watching this.

Edited by NowVoyager

https://theblast.com/c/tamar-braxton-boyfriend-claims-threatened-kill-him-punch-throat-called-him-gay-video-audio-tape-restraining-order

Tamar Braxton's Ex-Boyfriend Says She Threatened To Kill Him, Punched His Neck, Called Him 'Gay'

Sep 11, 2020 at 21:38 pm UTCBy Mike Walters

Tamar Braxton's boyfriend claims the reality star threatened to kill him during a recent violent argument, attacked him by punching him in the neck while he was driving, and says he has been the victim of verbal and physical abuse on several occasions during their tumultuous relationship.

According to legal documents, obtained by The Blast, David Adefeso filed a domestic violence restraining order with L.A County Courts, asking a judge to keep the reality star 100 yards away from him and his family.

In the documents, David outlines a violent episode on August 30, that ultimately ended the couple's relationship, and police are now investigating.

In the explosive legal filing, Tamar's boyfriend's lawyer says, "Mr. Adefeso and Ms. Braxton were engaged in a verbal argument while Mr. Adefeso was driving the couple in his vehicle, which ultimately resulted in the termination of their relationship."

It continued, "Mr. Adefeso told Ms. Braxton that he was going to call his mother, and Ms. Braxton responded by abruptly and violently punching him in the jugular region of his neck, disorienting Mr. Adefeso with the malicious intent to cause Mr. Adefeso to crash the vehicle."

Tamar's ex-boyfriend says the 'Braxton Family Values' star was taping their fight following the neck punch. "Unbeknownst to both Mr. Adefeso and his mother, Ms. Braxton then began making an audio recording of this argument without his content."

In the restraining order filing, David claims the fight continued after he stopped the parked car and she kept assaulting him.

"Ms. Braxton continued to yell at Mr. Adefeso, punch Mr. Adefeso's shoulder, and physically damage his vehicle by smashing the vehicle's camera, rearview mirror, and various items inside of the vehicle."

During the violent incident, David claims Tamar said she "was going to kill him."

In the filing, David outlines several other instances of abuse during their relationship, including an allegation that her ex-husband was going to "send goons" to kill him. He says Tamar said she "held her ex-husband off from doing so...and that "she now wanted to let her ex-husbands 'goons' loose on him."

After the incident, David claims he suffered injuries including, "bruising to (his) neck and shoulder area," and massive property damage to his vehicle.

Tamar Braxton's Boyfriend Says She Called Him 'Gay'

In the explosive TRO filing, David describes two separate prior instances of abuse by Tamar Braxton including one this past June, and one in Septemeber of 2019.

According to the documents, in June, the couple starting arguing about Braxton's "ex-husband staying at her home while she was not present." During this argument, "Ms. Braxton became verbally abusive, belligerent, screaming at Mr. Adefeso. Mr. Braxton also became hostile and aggressive, grabbing (him) by the shirt and refusing to cease from blocking his way to leave the room."

In September of 2019, he also claims the couple was arguing about her 'publically abusive and disparaging comment' made to a family member.

"Ms. Braxton told Mr. Adefeso that (he) was 'Gay' and then lied to family members about calling him 'Gay.' During the argument, he claims she "became irate and hostile, and then grabbed (his) wrist to present him from leaving the room."

After the most recent violent incident, David filed documents that appear to show LAPD is now investigating that case, and issued him an 'emergency protective order' against Tamar.

Tamar's ex-boyfriend also attached several text messages with detail a conversation with her ex-husband which discusses details of her moving out of the couple's condo.

In the messages, the father of her 7-year-old son refers to a recent Instagram post by David as a 'stunt' and claims to have heard the audio which was recording during the incident.

As we reported, Tamar has an entirely different story about what transpired in the car, claiming she only touched him AFTER he grabbed her and threaten to kill them both in a 'murder-suicide.'

At this point, a judge will decide on the restraining order, and the LAPD will determine whether or not a crime has occurred.

• Love 1

Looks like I'm a party of 1 here, except for @MsTree  (👋🏾👋🏾👋🏾).

Watching the 2nd episode, there's a promo for BFV premiering on WeTV in November. They were teasing Trina's wedding! 😍😍😍

I'm about 15 minutes into episode #2, & I'm already outdone. Maybe it's editing, but Tamar seems lost musically w/out Vince. She had them set up a recording studio in this new house that she inexplicably has. One dude says he spent 12 hours setting up a computer. Then, when the rest of the crew shows up to record music, she leaves them hanging for another ~12 hours while she cooks food for them. Her dream coach is there & talks about Tamar's avoidance. Vince drops off Logan & Tamar is oddly screechy happy to see him. Tamar is consciously working on having a positive co-parent relationship w/ Vince. David is having major attitude about Vince. Maybe it's editing, but they are totally forecasting Tamar's breakdown. It's hard to watch.

Later, Tamar records a couple lines. She sounds beautiful! She has everyone take a shot & wakes up Logan to sell some candy to the crew. Logan looks straight up like a mini-Vince, lol! He seems conscious of the cameras, but otherwise well adjusted.

~20 minutes in. Tamar takes a meeting w/ a choreographer. Utterly distracted w/ her phone. She just seems very inconsiderate of other people's time. Although, I guess she is paying them, so... But, a waste of time & money. David is being portrayed as the controlling villain. He's mad about Vince showing up to this house w/out his permission. Seems weird to me because this house seems like it was only set up for production of the show.

Edited by NowVoyager

NowVoyager...didn't mean to keep you hanging by yourself, but I really can't add much to your thoughts.

I DO feel that David is VERY controlling, but then again, so is Vince. Apparently Tamar has (or needs) this type of guy to give her structure in life. My feeling is as the youngest sister, Tamar got away with a lot of stuff...pretty much doing whatever she wanted without consequence. Now as an adult, she doesn't know how to balance things in her life, making her dependent on a man. After a while, that type of behavior causes internal chaos, leading to her breakdown.

BTW, since BFV is returning soon, do you want to start a heading for "Get Ya Life"? If so, I'll meet you there 🙂

• Love 1

First let me get my petty out of the way:

• Tamar's wigs are awful. They're not working for me and they're definitely not working for her. I do love the 1920s vibe she has going with her natural hair though.
  • Goli (is that the dream weaver's name?) and her Mario Bros fashions!
  • Music producer dude's teeth look like chicklets.
  • I personally wouldn't trust Mona Scott with anything concerning my personal growth and mental health. Just saying.

David is full of shit. He's dating someone who is co-parenting, while living in Tamar's house.  I love that he kept calling it "his house" and the producer was all, "whose house?" cause he knows full well the production company is paying for it, not David. But what does David want? Like Tamar said, Vince wasn't there hanging out. He was there dropping off his child.  Does he expect Vince to leave Logan on the sidewalk. That's some bullshit. And the way he stormed out of the house - performance. He was pushing for a reaction from Tamar. And that he stormed out in front of Logan. Ugh.

I also don't like the way he talks about Goli. He doesn't like it because he's a "christian" and his beliefs or whatever, but he don't need to like it. It's not for him.

I feel Tamar has always been a fragile person who puts on a big front. And she trusts real hard and gets hurt deeply because of it.  That initial meeting with Mona, she clearly was not in a good place. And Mona was well aware that she likes to cut and run, hence all the "you have to let us in [to film] so that we can help [share your drama to the world]. I get that she signed on to this, but they keep pushing and pushing.  Sometimes she just need some time off camera, particularly when she's discovering all this deep internal emotional stuff.

Interesting that they discussed the break room thing in a production meeting with Tamar and she had already said no, then they still brought it up on camera. Also interesting that production is spending so much time in front of the camera and on mic.

• Love 3