Type keyword(s) to search

Braxton Family Values - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 1/5/2019 at 12:09 PM, Meedis said:
2 minutes ago, sATL said:

I would admit Twanda looks more like her mom (nose , cheeks ) in this picture.. it's the 1st time I really noticed the resemblance. Maybe its her aging...

"‘Braxton Family Values’ Star Towanda Braxton Hit with $74,000 Lien"

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/braxton-family-values-star-towanda-070321186.html

The Braxton sisters need to stop fooling with whomever does their taxes and household budgeting/accounting.

Shouldn't be this much trouble to pay your bills..

• Love 4

Episode 17:

"A New Beginning?"

After an emotional family healing retreat, the Braxtons work to repair their fractured sisterhood; Tamar presses Toni for answers about Birdman; Tamar finds new love and is on the road with Snoop; the sisters reunite, but Toni storms out.

Airs April 4, 2019.

• Love 1
(edited)

ooohhhhweee Trina.... new job with early wake-up call making you miss your CARDIO gym sessions ??? Even Traci said your butt looks plump today....

fitness.gif.265cb389658b89207d8130b63690ac33.gif

Edited by sATL
(edited)

Am I watching a flashback of "Tamar and Vince" ?? Tamar found another side-kick buddy to hang with.. and she must have mentioned Vince's name 20 times in that conversation

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Tamar is on the rebound and needs to be very careful. She first started publicly gushing about the Nigerian prince 5 minutes after she and Vince broke up. Now seeing this dude in action from the little clips I've seen I'm not ready to trust him. 

Toni is full of shit, she used the whole relationship/engagement for a buzz. 

Trina looks happy and seems to be doing well. I wonder what's up with Barchix.

Traci is obviously still hurting.

• Love 1

Well, so much for Iyanla.

The Braxton family immediately fell back into the same patterns. Tamar isolating herself from the whole family, except for Toni; Mommy said she thought Iyanla picked on Tamar, still excusing bad behavior because she's the baby; Toni & Tamar are the stars, so they expect the whole family to revolve around them;  Tamar couldn't humble herself to ask her own sisters to come to her show, so she made Towanda do it;  After not speaking to Tamar for months (?), Towanda, Traci, Trina & Mommy dropped everything they were doing to fly to LA for Tamar's show with only 5 days notice.

The only thing missing was Daddy saying he wouldn't come unless Mrs. Wanda was invited, too.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 4/5/2019 at 10:27 AM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Tamar is on the rebound and needs to be very careful. She first started publicly gushing about the Nigerian prince 5 minutes after she and Vince broke up. Now seeing this dude in action from the little clips I've seen I'm not ready to trust him. 

Toni is full of shit, she used the whole relationship/engagement for a buzz. 

Trina looks happy and seems to be doing well. I wonder what's up with Barchix.

Traci is obviously still hurting.

appears to still be around.. call first just to be sure...

https://bar-chix.com/

Edited by sATL
(edited)
17 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Well, so much for Iyanla.

The Braxton family immediately fell back into the same patterns. Tamar isolating herself from the whole family, except for Toni; Mommy said she thought Iyanla picked on Tamar, still excusing bad behavior because she's the baby; Toni & Tamar are the stars, so they expect the whole family to revolve around them;  Tamar couldn't humble herself to ask her own sisters to come to her show, so she made Towanda do it;  After not speaking to Tamar for months (?), Towanda, Traci, Trina & Mommy dropped everything they were doing to fly to LA for Tamar's show with only 5 days notice.

The only thing missing was Daddy saying he wouldn't come unless Mrs. Wanda was invited, too.

and Micheal Jr...his appearance check must be real small by now..

Toni couldn't wait 10 min to make her quick exit for her emergency ? At least let Tamar get on-stage/back-stage

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

Episode 18:

"Tamar's Mystery Man"

Tamar's celebratory dinner is interrupted when Toni reveals the truth about why she stormed out; Tamar reveals her mystery man; Toni is crowned a Lady; Trina meets Von's mom, but is grilled about her past.

Airs April 11, 2019.

• Love 1

I'm a little slow here...

I understand a significant other in Tamar's life meeting Vince and vice versa. Their child is 7-8 yrs old and will be spending time/possibly influenced by the significant and of course the parent.

I don't understand why Trina's significant other would need to meet Gabe - as in let's clear the calendar and set up a meet and greet. Trina's kids are way grown and last time we saw the young men, they barely seem to care for the man let alone spending extended period of time with  Gabe. Everyone can meet at a function (graduation, wedding, etc, ) shake hands and keep it moving.

I understand meeting the parents and the associated key members and thank God they are still living. But seeking approval ? I felt like Trina walked into the OLG council of the family., who wasn't too pleased Trina was married twice before.

What am I missing here ?

I did find it concerning that Trina wasn't willing to set up a meet and greet with her 1st husband.  I;m surprised the OLG didn't ask why. 🍿 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

Episode 19:

"Sister Secrets"

Tamar embarks on a secret spy mission to uncover her sisters' secrets; after mounting tension, Traci and Tamar team up to plan Trina's birthday; a family celebration takes a shocking turn when devastating news rocks the sisterhood.

Airs April 18, 2019.

Prayer and healing blessings to Gabe. Sorry to hear about his diagnosis.

Trina is right - life is short - to be healthy one day to hear a devastating  rpt from the dr the next... wow.  After all that went down b/w the two - no one expects to hear that type of news at age 43 - wouldn't wish that on your worse enemy.

Edited by sATL
On 4/12/2019 at 3:07 AM, sATL said:

I'm a little slow here...

I understand a significant other in Tamar's life meeting Vince and vice versa. Their child is 7-8 yrs old and will be spending time/possibly influenced by the significant and of course the parent.

I don't understand why Trina's significant other would need to meet Gabe - as in let's clear the calendar and set up a meet and greet. Trina's kids are way grown and last time we saw the young men, they barely seem to care for the man let alone spending extended period of time with  Gabe. Everyone can meet at a function (graduation, wedding, etc, ) shake hands and keep it moving.

I understand meeting the parents and the associated key members and thank God they are still living. But seeking approval ? I felt like Trina walked into the OLG council of the family., who wasn't too pleased Trina was married twice before.

What am I missing here ?

I did find it concerning that Trina wasn't willing to set up a meet and greet with her 1st husband.  I;m surprised the OLG didn't ask why. 🍿 

My understanding is that Trina's first husband, father of the boys is a dead beat who has no contact with the boys so in that instance there would be no need for Von to meet him. With Gabe I can see it. Since Trina and Gabe's sessions with Iyanla were beneficial he supposedly is still in the boys lives, and the youngest one is barely legal. That and supposedly Trina and Gabe are very friendly. 

11 hours ago, sATL said:

Prayer and healing blessings to Gabe. Sorry to hear about his diagnosis.

Trina is right - life is short - to be healthy one day to hear a devastating  rpt from the dr the next... wow.  After all that went down b/w the two - no one expects to hear that type of news at age 43 - wouldn't wish that on your worse enemy.

Gabe actually past away a few months ago. This particular episode was taped months ago.  

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

My understanding is that Trina's first husband, father of the boys is a dead beat who has no contact with the boys so in that instance there would be no need for Von to meet him. With Gabe I can see it. Since Trina and Gabe's sessions with Iyanla were beneficial he supposedly is still in the boys lives, and the youngest one is barely legal. That and supposedly Trina and Gabe are very friendly. 

Gabe actually past away a few months ago. This particular episode was taped months ago.  

oh... sorry I didn't know.. I didn't have a chance to google to find for any updates. Was really trying to hope for the best..

I too was in shock that it sounded like he was fine, then he was in stage 4 in a span of a couple of weeks...weeks...I guess it was too late to remove one kidney or did it spread to both... 

Edited by sATL

Tamar sticking her nose in the sisters lives is ok, but them asking about hers is forbidden. 

Nothing has changed with her, she’s worse than ever. Her salivating over her new man was gross. If I recall she used to make a big point of saying how she liked her men on the “heavy” side. Or was that just talk because Vince was so overweight? The more I see of her and listen to her, the more I think it was Vince’s heavy wallet and success that she was attracted to. 

Abd why bother shaving your head only to cover it with ugly ass wigs? 

Not caring much anymore for Toni either. 

• Love 4

Episode 20:

"Touring Us Apart"

Toni consoles Trina after news of Gabe's illness; Trina is shocked by Toni's confession about Birdman; Traci joins Tamar's tour, and they try to put their differences aside, but a backstage fight erupts and threatens the sisters' new bond.

Airs April 25, 2019.

Tamar giving Logan coffee 🤦🏾 I hoped after seeing him eat raw biscuits as a baby that maybe the diet had improved.

It's sooo sad to see the scenes of Trina talking about Gabe. 

Towanda really is the glue sister.

I do think Tamar is putting in effort but woo chile this tour is wearing me all the way out! From the beginning, the drama with Cliff the manager...then Tamar's bitch fit on the bus. Insert Traci's trifling tour accommodations.  Cliff showing his whole ass.

Sean is fine as HELL and I'm so here for it. 

• Love 1

Can we please recall Iyanla to address the past & present Tamar & Traci tour mess? They really need to clear the air & start fresh. This misunderstanding has been dragging on far too long & seems mostly to involve Traci's manager Cliff & a 3rd party who is not featured on the show. Or was that the dude that was hollering with the wash cloth on his head?

They both need better people. Clearly. The accommodations for the NYC show were amateurish & beyond ratchet. 

The elephant in the room is that Tamar said she didn't have the power to kick Traci off Toni's tour. As opposed to just saying she didn't do it. 

Traci looked gorgeous on stage. 

I'm kind of obsessed with googling the restaurants the sisters go to: the menus, the pictures, the reviews. Just me?

Edited by NowVoyager

Rainy Sunday, made a mimosa & re-watched.

love Trina on "Sister Circle!" Her personality shines through, but she's not over powering. I. Died. At the, ahem, 'manicure' conversation. Like Trina, I once dated an older man. He also, as she said, 'liked a little grass on the field.' (The sex was good, but in between times it was a little itchy. TMI?) Toni maintains an oddly calm demeanor about losing so much expensive jewellery & her engagement ring.

Logan's at that runtelldat stage. Snitching on Tamar giving him coffee, lol! I'm seeing more Tamar in him now than just 100% Vince.

Toni looking defeated at lunch with Trina discussing her relationship with Bird Man. Trina wisely just listening, but not prying. She also refrained from spilling the tea later with Towanda. Trina may be the new Secret Squirrel.

Tamar considering going on "Celebrity Big Brother." As we already know: 'she won!'

Cliff stirring up mess instead of diffusing it. Tamar's manager was killing me with the coat draped like a cape. The first thing he said to Cliff was "we got until 3:15." Uh, ok. Before they introduced themselves or shook hands or anything? He messy, too.

Traci's grandson is all kinds of adorable! I think Tamar's weird sunglasses freaked him out. A little eye contact & he probably wouldn't have cried. Nice bonding moment though.

Towanda's body language was all 6th grade first crush & I'm not mad. Mama Braxton wisely excused herself. I think Mama Braxton had a bit of botox, I'm not mad at that either. But, I think her hair & makeup need to be softer, with a focus on dewy skin. TV makeup is different than real life makeup, but I just wanted to spritz her with a rose water facial toner. 

Why did the NYC tour bus driver go to the hotel instead of the venue? When I hop in a Lyft for $6.50 the first thing they do is confirm the destination. & why did they have to walk from the hotel to the venue? Tamar is... a lot! on a normal day, but she was right to go off about this. Traci was fabulous in trying circumstances. Giving me "Fosse/Verdon" vibes. Just doing whatever it takes to make the show work. Her husband was not helping. Traci looked gorgeous & the audience was lit! Go Traci!

Tamar did her thing, too nah! I'm bout to you tube "Hot Sugar" & "Love & War" & get my groove on...

All those backstage folks can go. Did Cliff say: (excuse me) "F*****"?! to the dude with the washcloth on his head? Yeah, Cliff gotta go. An ugly end to an otherwise lovely episode.

• Love 4

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/30/tamar-braxton-owed-money-sister-towanda-filed-bankruptcy/

TMZ

EXCLUSIVE

TAMAR BRAXTONSISTER TOWANDA OWES HER $35K ...BANKRUPTCY MESSES WITH FAMILY

4/30/19 12:30 AM PDT

Tamar Braxton's learning the hard way lending money to family is not always wise ... especially when they filed for bankruptcy.

Tamar's older sister, Towanda, hit a rough patch ... filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy -- that's the serious kind. In the docs, you have to list your various debts -- and that includes owing Tamar a cool $35k for a personal loan. And, to add to her problem, Towanda says she's only bringing in an average of $4,692.50 in monthly income but estimates her monthly expenses at just over $6k.

And, it's just the tip of the iceberg. According to docs ... Towanda's on the hook for $547,056.39 but only has $277,650 in assets. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the math doesn't add up in her favor.

No word if the bankruptcy will add to more drama in the sisters' reality show "Braxton Family Values." They seem to be at war a lot. Remember when Tamar blew up on Trina for getting engaged on what Tamar felt like was still her birthday celebration? That was a doozy.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/30/tamar-braxton-owed-money-sister-towanda-filed-bankruptcy/

TMZ

EXCLUSIVE

TAMAR BRAXTONSISTER TOWANDA OWES HER $35K ...BANKRUPTCY MESSES WITH FAMILY

4/30/19 12:30 AM PDT

Tamar Braxton's learning the hard way lending money to family is not always wise ... especially when they filed for bankruptcy.

Tamar's older sister, Towanda, hit a rough patch ... filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy -- that's the serious kind. In the docs, you have to list your various debts -- and that includes owing Tamar a cool $35k for a personal loan. And, to add to her problem, Towanda says she's only bringing in an average of $4,692.50 in monthly income but estimates her monthly expenses at just over $6k.

And, it's just the tip of the iceberg. According to docs ... Towanda's on the hook for $547,056.39 but only has $277,650 in assets. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the math doesn't add up in her favor.

No word if the bankruptcy will add to more drama in the sisters' reality show "Braxton Family Values." They seem to be at war a lot. Remember when Tamar blew up on Trina for getting engaged on what Tamar felt like was still her birthday celebration? That was a doozy.

Tamar might be trying to help Towanda. Wouldn't (appearing as) having more debt actually work in her favor as far as bankruptcy? I wouldn't be surprised if the "personal loan" is padding. 

13 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Towanda says she's only bringing in an average of $4,692.50 in monthly income but estimates her monthly expenses at just over $6k.

Well damn...BFV must not pay well.   Hmm...will be interesting if they do play it out on the reality show.    Run Sean, run...LOL.

• Love 1

Towanda says she's only bringing in an average of $4,692.50 in monthly income but estimates her monthly expenses at just over $6k.

4 hours ago, Meedis said:

Well damn...BFV must not pay well.   Hmm...will be interesting if they do play it out on the reality show.    Run Sean, run...LOL.

IKR? That's only $56,310 annually. Six seasons & an executive producer credit, one would think Towanda would be earning more than that. A grillion years ago, I used to do some modeling. One national tv commercial in a non-speaking role paid that much. & I only had to film for 1 day, 2 tops. I understand that when you have a large group, the money gets divided up, but still. No wonder the sisters had that walk out. WeTv sounds hella ratchet.

2 hours ago, Twilight Man said:

Wow. The Braxtons are really going through a lot! 💔

Episode 21:

"Trouble in Paradise"

Tamar reveals big news; Toni makes headlines with shocking Birdman breakup rumors; Tamar and Traci meet face to face for the first time since their tour drama; a devastating tragedy strikes the sisterhood.

Airs May 2, 2019.

(edited)

No one from the family went with Trina to the funeral? Say whaaat? 

• Esp. how much she cared for Gabe and was still in   mourning over losing "her best friend" ?
  • Esp. how she holds onto that Gabe was the only father the boys ever known since they were 2 & 5?
  • Esp. since the family had Gabe in their lives too, with their own memories, including being on the butt end of a joke ( "Dingaling of Gold" ( link) -  for decades?
  • Esp. given that this bunch is the first to say all of the Ex's ( Keri, Andre, Vince) are still considered "brothers" of the family?
  • Esp. given everyone knew he was stage 4 and terminally ill. Yes-no one knows when it's their time, but it did sound like the " save-the-event invitation" was out...
  • Esp given this family filled a chapel to say goodbye to Ms. E's beloved departed pooch. Tamar even belted out her "Dear Dog" selection. ( link )

Not saying all of the sisters/parents/brother needed to be there but I would think someone's ( one person) calendar would have a couple hours free to sit through a military funeral service 🏁  (ie they tend to be on time and short/quick to the point)- just to be there for her and her sons.

I know attending funeral is not everyone's "cup of tea" but it just sounded so cold that no one else came. My heart goes out to her. ♥

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

Yup. I just watched & I totally agree, too. With such a large family, you would think somebody would have been there--- to support Trina but also to pay their respects to Gabe. The marriage ended on a sour note, but he raised those 2 boys. I don't get it. The sisters are in rebuilding mode in their relationships, but Trina never had much beef with anybody. If all the sisters & Mommy can drop everything with 5 days notice to go see Tamar's show with Snoop--- & this episode Tamar gave Mommy & Towanda a week's notice that she needed them to watch lil Vince for a whole month! while she was on Celebrity Big Brother--- they could've been there for Trina at Gabe's funeral. It's heart-breaking watching Trina talk about her loss in the talking heads. & those were presumably filmed after she had collected herself a bit. They need to do better.

There is a distinct hierarchy in this family; Toni & Tamar are treated better & differently than the rest. It's wrong & it needs to stop. 

I hope they act better with Mikey's daughter passing away.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yup. I just watched & I totally agree, too. With such a large family, you would think somebody would have been there--- to support Trina but also to pay their respects to Gabe. The marriage ended on a sour note, but he raised those 2 boys. I don't get it. The sisters are in rebuilding mode in their relationships, but Trina never had much beef with anybody. If all the sisters & Mommy can drop everything with 5 days notice to go see Tamar's show with Snoop--- & this episode Tamar gave Mommy & Towanda a week's notice that she needed them to watch lil Vince for a whole monthwhile she was on Celebrity Big Brother--- they could've been there for Trina at Gabe's funeral. It's heart-breaking watching Trina talk about her loss in the talking heads. & those were presumably filmed after she had collected herself a bit. They need to do better.

There is a distinct hierarchy in this family; Toni & Tamar are treated better & differently than the rest. It's wrong & it needs to stop. 

I hope they act better with Mikey's daughter passing away.

That is another point.... Tamar has full custody ?

I figured Vince would go for joint custody. Even if Vince doesn't have full custody  - why can't he watch his own kid, at least part of the time, while Tamar is working? He seemed liked a devoted father before the fall-out.  

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Sad to hear about Michael's daughter, and it was tough to watch Trina mourn Gabe.  

That "tour" was a mess.  Staff on both sides are really unprofessional.  Tamar needs to stop hiring her "friends" and Traci needs a new manager.  It's pretty clear that Cliff is the one stirring up shit between the 2 of them.  Did he really need to start a fight with disrag assistant while the show was going on? They all need to go.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, sATL said:

That is another point.... Tamar has full custody ?

I figured Vince would go for joint custody. Even if Vince doesn't have full custody  - why can't he watch his own kid, at least part of the time, while Tamar is working? He seemed liked a devoted father before the fall-out.  

I think Tamar did say something about "between Vince and Rosa" so I guess she planned in throwing them into the rotation.

Toni didn't even know the boys were pallbearers!  They failed Trina initially but hopefully stepped up.

WTHHHH is going on in these previews??

• Love 1
On 5/5/2019 at 2:49 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I think Tamar did say something about "between Vince and Rosa" so I guess she planned in throwing them into the rotation.

Toni didn't even know the boys were pallbearers!  They failed Trina initially but hopefully stepped up.

WTHHHH is going on in these previews??

One son was a pallbearer, the other couldn't make the funeral because he couldn't find his driver's license. The idea of a fun + memorial = fumorial sounds good. Traci goes full Nene Leakes don't film my closet next week on the camera man.

(edited)
2 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

One son was a pallbearer, the other couldn't make the funeral because he couldn't find his driver's license. The idea of a fun + memorial = fumorial sounds good. Traci goes full Nene Leakes don't film my closet next week on the camera man.

"couldn't find license" ?? which of course that discovery was made either at the airport or after the DMV/state ID/anything else on this list/ place closed... which son was that - the youngest one ?

https://atlantablackstar.com/2019/05/04/these-triffling-heffas-didnt-go-to-gabes-funeral-bfv-fans-tear-into-trinas-sisters-for-not-attending-ex-husbands-burial/

https://atlantablackstar.com/2019/05/06/fans-slam-tamar-braxton-as-selfish-for-feeling-too-drained-to-attend-nieces-funeral-kandi-burruss-steps-up-to-defend-her/

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

Oh yeah I heard Trina talking about tbe license thing but Toni still knew nothing about it. Both boys were listed on tbe obituary as pallbearers and Toni was all ohhhh they have them as pallbearers. WTF. Everyone was super uninvolved 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, sATL said:

"couldn't find license" ?? which of course that discovery was made either at the airport or after the DMV/state ID/anything else on this list/ place closed... which son was that - the youngest one ?

I could be wrong, but I think it had more to do with the services being on a military base.  They won't let anyone in without ID either.  If they drove to the location and then discovered he didn't have his ID on him. I don't find it hard to believe that they would refuse him entry, regardless of the occasion.  My grandma has been refused entry to a base because she forgot to switch out her purses!

As for the sisters not attending the funeral - there could be many reasons why they didn't, so I'll choose not to speculate or think the worse.  I just missed a close family member's funeral because of my schedule and that doesn't make me trifling.  But I also don't have the entire world judging me.  And I guarantee that those same people and blogs who are commenting about "how dare the sisters miss the funeral" would also be the same ones commenting "how dare they attend his funeral...you know they never really liked him," if they had gone.  People would be petty no matter what decision they made.    

• Love 1

Episode 22:

"Off Again, On Again?"

Toni asks Trina and Towanda to perform with her unexpectedly, but Birdman shocks all and surprises Toni onstage; Tamar's new boo is interrogated by the sisters; the Braxtons are stunned by Tamar's "Celebrity Big Brother" breakdown.

Airs May 9, 2019.