Type keyword(s) to search

The Bold Type - General Discussion

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

think my worry is that the writers just use her to teach the viewers a lesson, and it's a bit heavy handed.

I get you... And while sometimes I see the term heavy-handed used as a bludgeon,  you explained what you meant with clarity and didn't use it as a catch all for any message that's somewhat progressive... And I feared the same thing for Kat... Being used to do all the heavy social lifting.. Tho in that respect I guess it at least follows real life... Where so many times for all sorts of reasons the onus falls on the marginalized to school the masses

• Love 2

Sutton and Jane clearly didn't appreciate being lectured for saying "black market" or "woke," and I think the show meant for the "it's all good as long as your heart's in the right place" message to close that type of discussion, for better or for worse. It seems a little too easy, but... that's The Bold Type, heh.

Here's what Carmen said about it over on Autostraddle:

I have been a huge champion of Kat’s growth over the last two years of The Bold Type. In as much as The Bold Type is a coming of age story, it is most certainly a queer coming of age for Kat – who has figured out how to become a part of her community without a girlfriend on her arm, and how to use her workplace to advocate for the queer world around her. That’s all great. But you know that one friend who’s newly out of the closet, and then they sort become… well, there’s no need to sugar coat it, they become a bit annoying? Everything is either “right” or “wrong” or “social justice” or not at all, and it gets exhausting? Yeah well, Kat Edison has hit that stage in her queer development.

Meanwhile, Kat’s also been kind of on her high horse lately about policing Jane’s language (Jane can’t say “black market” because it associates blackness with being bad, Jane can’t say “woke” because it’s cultural appropriation, and so on). This is that annoying friend I was talking about! Which of course isn’t to say that Jane’s not typically the clueless privileged white girl of The Bold Type; she is, and I hate having to defend her. But c’mon Kat! Give us a break! Luckily Chloe also picks up on the vibes that Kat’s putting down. She encourages the friends – and all of us – to remember that as long as our heart is in the right place and we’re trying to make things better, that’s all that really matters.

Someone in the comments had a good response:

Listen, Kat’s figuring out her queerness and she just found out she was black like 2 years ago. Let her go through her “woke” phase it’ll pass. She’s reading alot of articles and going through twitter threads to figure it out.

But that woke off was hella cringey tho. And I don’t like how this episode made me agree with peak white girl Jane. That’s why Kat just needs to make some cool queer black friends so they can tell her she’s cool but just take it down a notch (like Tia perhaps)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Sutton and Jane clearly didn't appreciate being lectured for saying "black market" or "woke,"

I don't know if Sutton really reacted one way or the other I'd have to go back... For the black market one. I didn't mind.. I get where she's coming from and... Putting a stop to the innocuous lil comments that go by everyday withought thought is worthwhile.... The "woke" one made me scratch & shake my head,  which may have been the point.. Because I don't see what tiny Jane's race had to do with it... If she just shut down " Woke" because its cringe that woulda made more sense

So seems we're all in agreement that Kat is just a newly minted Warrior so she's being a bit extra... Let's just hope/pray etc... That the writers go somewhere with it and not just have her perpetually flummoxed by Jane's peak caucasity 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Yeah well, Kat Edison has hit that stage in her queer development.

It's not just someone coming out; anyone who's had a major life realization/change can become self-righteous. It's part of the process, alas for those of us who have to bear with it.

• Love 1

Just catching up after seeing the first 3 episodes of this season.

Jane's "if men had to do it, they'd find a better way than have their balls crushed" (approximate wording) is something anyone who ever had a mammogram thought. This procedure is an assault on biology  😞

It's also sad to me that the print edition ceased to be. I used to be a regular reader of the print editions of magazines that ceased to print, and their online successor never filled the void (not only are the articles shorter and more generic, but now I seldom click on an article that doesn't seem like it'd interest me, whereas in the past I used to read all articles, and learn a lot I had no idea I'd be interested in). But mostly, there's no sense of closeness (for me) in reading online. And I never reread anything, so the impact is not so great.

As for Jacqueline's marital woes, they would make sense if she had been unemployed for more than a minute. As it stands, it's weird that a reversal to the status quo of the last how many years causes so much problems. Was her husband who's now having his job opportunities left and right a stay home guy for 20 or so years until now? Jees, I wish it worked that way for stay at home women when they feel they want to go back to whatever they were doing 20 years before.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Taking your BF to a sex party to solve your bedroom problems sound like taking someone afraid of open water to go deep sea diving. It was a good venue to find a random guy to kiss though.

I enjoyed the story about the vibrators. Sage is so open about all things sex but still very aware that others aren't - I quite like her as a character. Loved that she handed out toys left, right, and centre.

Its nice that alex got a professional break but judging by past seasons I doubt that we'll see much of him doing that in the future. The future, surely, is for Jane's struggles with her vertical.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

So Jane kissing a guy, fixed everything. lol

I was really hoping Sutton or Kat might suggest that if she was going to kiss another man to fix her relationship perhaps there was a larger problem. Or that Pinstripe might tell her he realized the problem with them was that she's the most irritating person on the planet. Alas.

I guess the breakup will have to wait for when Jane really needs a story idea. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Lately they've been putting Jane in the ugliest lingerie.

58 minutes ago, jenrising said:

Pinstripe might tell her

Which reminds me, did he ever tell Jane what he wanted to say or was he overcome with lust?

8 hours ago, Aulty said:

I enjoyed the story about the vibrators. Sage is so open about all things sex but still very aware that others aren't - I quite like her as a character. Loved that she handed out toys left, right, and centre.

Same here! I also loved she personalized the vibrators, she didn't just hand out random ones to anyone who asked.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Is anyone else starting to think that Pinstripe shared more than a kiss while on his book tour?  I wonder if he went to the sex club to tell Jane and clear his conscience.  

I thought he was going to tell her that too. That or that he realized he doesn't want her to kiss another guy.

I decided during this episode I would be way too much of a prude to work at Scarlett.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Is anyone else starting to think that Pinstripe shared more than a kiss while on his book tour?  I wonder if he went to the sex club to tell Jane and clear his conscience.  

Some woman is gonna pop up pregnant with pjnstripe's maybe baby and all hell will break loose,  cuz he was really trying to talk to her.. But she wanted to smush.and apparently he can't really help himself

• LOL 2
19 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I decided during this episode I would be way too much of a prude to work at Scarlett.

LOL, same here! I'm all for sex positivity and women taking control of their bodies, but I can't talk about my own stuff the way the women so openly do.

• Love 3

I totally forgot this season even premiered. I just binged the first four episodes and...whew.

1. Queen of White Privilege Jacqueline is tiresome. It's real easy for her to buck the board and do what she wants when she has a golden parachute waiting for her at home. She was insubordinate and should have been shit canned. I also don't blame her husband for pissing off and accepting the job abroad. She didn't even discuss her decision to return to work with him. She just expected him to deal with her choice. Bad Move.

2. Jane - Girl, your boyfriend is desperately trying to break up with you. It's why he kissed a another woman and told you about it in the first place. Consciously or not, he was trying to get you to dump him so he didn't have to do it. He doesn't want to be in a relationship. Let him go and stop making everything a Grey's Anatomy episode. As for why doesn't she write about anything else but herself, see every once-popular woman's online magazine - xoJane, The Frisky, Elite Daily, Into The Gloss. Personal memoir is a huge traffic driver. Everybody loves a trainwreck. I fell down the rabbit hole of Medium recently and...yikes. It's a bunch of navel gazing drama llamas.

3. The sex toy storyline - No interest in watching characters of either sex masturbate. It's just gratuitous and serves no purpose to the story. That office seems like a hot bed of misconduct. The Cut did a great piece about the downfall of Babe.net, the site that broke the Aziz Ansari misconduct story. Behind the scenes, it was a trainwreck. Male higher ups screwing young female writers, lots of drunkenness, absolutely no self-awareness and a hostile work environment.

4. Sutton - Love you. Adore you. Want to skin you and wear you as a suit. (TM Jack McFarland.) But please for the love of god stop screwing your boyfriend at the office and jerking him off in elevators. Like, stop. STOP.

5. BT Writers - Why are men listed as sole writers for certain episodes? That's all kinds of sketchy.

• Love 3

So Alex gets an actual subplot two weeks in a row! What kind of miracle is this?! I feel like giving relationship advice on a live stream would be really stressful, especially having a bunch of them all coming in super quickly, really he did a lot better than I think a lot of people would! So is the tech woman he met and bantered with a bit going to end up as his next love interest? It would be nice to see Alex finally get some luck in the love department! 

If Jane has to kiss a guy at a sex party to keep her relationship with Pinstripe on track, that seems to like a bad sign. Oh well, I guess Jane is putting off her breakup until she needs more material to mine from! 

It was nice to see Sage getting some more material, and the vibrator plot was fun, even if it was Kat getting yet another cause to fight against (and less complex than last weeks) as her plot of the week. I never thought I would say this, but those were cute vibrators! 

I hope we explore a bit more of Suttons conflicting feelings about marrying Richard, this wealthy guy who likes to share his wealth with Sutton, including Sutton staying at his fancy apartment. From what we heard about Sutton, she had a rather working class tough background with her barfly mom and they frequently struggled with money, so suddenly living this upper class lifestyle could be a shock to her system, even after working at a glamorous magazine. 

• Love 2
On 2/14/2020 at 2:22 PM, Koalagirl said:

Me! I think he's hiding something more.

• Love 1

Count me in the boat with thinking that there's more to the Pinstripe story.  Because there is no way that a more progressive show like this one would want to say: Sex Club + Kissing Random Guy in Sex Club + Claiming to know how your bf feels without actually giving him the chance to talk + Sex in a Sex Club = Relationship Solved!

On a side note: Is Sutton trying to be a fashion influencer through her own Instagram or through the Scarlet Insta?  At the end, I thought I saw Sutton's photo under the Scarlet name.  It would be difficult for her to maintain her own personal brand if Scarlet owns all of the photos.  Though maybe I'm reading too much into it and Scarlet posting her photo was just intended to be a signal boost?

I'm glad Jane finally got rebuked for how little work she does. Also though, at no publication can you just completely change your article and not get the OK from your editor first (though some do try). It was a terrible article to begin with anyway: what Scarlet staffers think of weddings. Who cares?

More Andrew, please.

• Love 4

Oliver, Andrew, Sage, Alex - more of them!! (I know its sad that in a female centred show I end up cheering for the boys)

Its getting a bit repetitive that so many of the core 3's stories have happy endings with Sutton, Kat or Jane as the knightesses in shining armor. Sutton solving Oliver's problems with his daughter, Kat and all her social justice quests, Jane and - actually don't even get me started on Jane. Of course Jane was the one to unlock Jaqueline's relationship dilemma.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

If Jane was such a good writer, she could have come up with an article that was really about marriage without feeling like she was lying about Jacqueline while also not telling her boss about hearing the phone call. She talked to a ton of people. And there must be at least one other married person at Scarlett. She just was mad that not everyone loves weddings as much as her. I personally thought the stuff about bouquets of garlic was interesting.

I think it is interesting for them to explore Kat being with men again. She was very into them before Adena, so it makes sense that she'd be attracted to both genders.

I must be really old, because during Sutton's talk with the principal I was siding with him. Just tell the kid to wear the uniform at school like she is supposed to. It is not a big deal.

• Love 5
On 2/18/2020 at 9:23 PM, zenithwit said:

On a side note: Is Sutton trying to be a fashion influencer through her own Instagram or through the Scarlet Insta?  At the end, I thought I saw Sutton's photo under the Scarlet name.  It would be difficult for her to maintain her own personal brand if Scarlet owns all of the photos.  Though maybe I'm reading too much into it and Scarlet posting her photo was just intended to be a signal boost?

Through her own Instagram. In the pictures that she took for Scarlet for the wedding issue, her own Insta handle was tagged and that's how people were finding her. 

Is it just me, or does Jacqueline's hairstyle this season really age her? She needs to go back to her short, non chignon hair.

LOL, I posted the above while I was still watching the episode, & then I saw the end. I wonder if they gave her that hairstyle for that reason.

Edited by GaT
18 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

She talked to a ton of people.

Ugh, I know. Jane couldn't cobble together something without Jacqueline's story? Some writer.

I also had to laugh that of course her parents' marriage was perfect. I doubt she'd have been shattered to hear that her parents went through some rough patches that weren't related to her mom's illness. But then again, this is Jane.

I liked the stuff with Oliver's daughter. It's nice to see his life fleshed out a bit more.

• Love 3

Of course Jane listened to that recording. OF COURSE SHE DID. And of course she told Jacqueline because she thinks Jacqueline is her peer and not her boss.

Kat's a snob. Sutton is characteristically angsty. Jacqueline teaches Jane a life lesson after Jane blows something out of proportion.

This show has really gotten repetitive.

• Love 4

There was really no one else married at the whole magazine that Jane could have written about? It just HAD to be Jacqueline? If Jane was the best and most awesome reporter ever like we keep getting told, she really should have found something else good to write about. I did love her getting a rebuke for her shoddy work, its really amazing that more of her articles dont turn out half assed, considering how much time she spends messing about in the Fashion Closet or dealing with personal stuff. 

Kat dating men for a bit again could be interesting, and would help the common TV trope where a character says they're bisexual, but almost always sticks with one gender or another. I get why she was mostly dating women for awhile (exploring the cool new things!) but her going to different genders has some potential. At least it will be something different than white knighting all over the place. 

The stuff with Oliver's daughter was pretty good, I feel happy to be retroactively justified to have thought that stuffy prep school headmaster seemed to have a point about the uniforms when Oliver basically said the exact same thing he did about how uniforms encouraged creative thinking and kept students from focusing too much on clothes and more time on school. I liked seeing more of Oliver and his family, and he and Sutton have a really sweet bond. Sutton seems to have a lot of worries about this wedding, I hope that it actually does happen. 

I wish we had explored millennial wedding trends a bit more. I am a millennial, have just started planning a wedding, and I could use some ideas!

• Love 1

Just saw the actress who plays Sutton in an infomercial for ScalpMed.  Her picture caught my eye as it flashed across the screen, but it was one of those "That looks like....no that's not her."  But I had to watch to see if she came up again, and when she did and started talking, it was definitely her.  She was one of the "actual users". Lol!  Must have been an early acting job.

Don't get me wrong, I  love that they whacked some Goop type vagina quack down a few notches, but did it really have to feature Jane as the heroine again?

So happy to see Alex going out with that stunning and charismatic doctor - such a shame it didn't work out. Loved the rapport between Alex and Sage, I almost expected him to call and invite her to the restaurant after the his date had to leave for work.

Between the vibrators and the pegging it feels like they have Kat trying out something new every other episode. Whatever's gonna be next?

I wasn't keen on Sutton's mother in law to be until they had their heart to heart, but am glad that she pushed Sutton to say out loud that an influencer is just trying to manipulate their followers into buying the stuff.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Aulty said:

Don't get me wrong, I  love that they whacked some Goop type vagina quack down a few notches, but did it really have to feature Jane as the heroine again?

So happy to see Alex going out with that stunning and charismatic doctor - such a shame it didn't work out. Loved the rapport between Alex and Sage, I almost expected him to call and invite her to the restaurant after the his date had to leave for work.

Between the vibrators and the pegging it feels like they have Kat trying out something new every other episode. Whatever's gonna be next?

I wasn't keen on Sutton's mother in law to be until they had their heart to heart, but am glad that she pushed Sutton to say out loud that an influencer is just trying to manipulate their followers into buying the stuff.

I was good with the yeast infection stuff because my mom always complained about how actual vagina problems weren't on tv,  I didn't even mind that it was tiny jane dealing with it.. But she basically claimed that the Sage Woman gave her a yeast infection and shamed her publicly... Thought at the very least that shoulda been addressed... Instead she gets a hero moment of everyone standing with her and 30 under 30... 

I felt the ladies kinda piled on Alex before he got to explain his position about the date,  I didn't think she was that into him and blew him off.. But seems they went a different way or at least expect us to see it a diff way

Don't cafe about Kat and the dude.. Because didn't like the dude on The Royals... 

Richard's  mom looked like sutton's grandmother... 

Already not excited about the Jaquline/Miles ark as the actor who's playing miles has a smarmy face and tends to play dbags 

• Love 2

I got so much joy out of Jane howling in pain from spraying random shit on her vagina.  I laughed so hard!

What sexually active woman has never had a yeast infection and immediately thinks it's cervical cancer?  Oh right, Jane.  I don't even understand why having a yeast infection meant she couldn't participate in the wellness panel.  Her logic is so off.  Just like last week when she couldn't write an article on weddings because Jacqueline just started having issues with her husband and that meant the wedding was a lie.  But of course, she's the greatest and is now being honored. 

source.gif

Granted, I know nothing about pegging, but I sort of assumed from the name that you used something small and peg-like, and not a full-sized dildo?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

What sexually active woman has never had a yeast infection and immediately thinks it's cervical cancer?  Oh right, Jane. 

Her doctor has the patience of a saint, having to field Jane's billion questions every time she gets a paper cut. Also had to laugh at her instant availability whenever Jane calls.

And Jane? You spray crap in and around your vagina, scented or not, and you're begging for a yeast infection at minimum. Jesus, she's an idiot.

At least Jacqueline still hasn't given her a vertical. Hee.

I felt like Kat's story was more of a "let's see how far we can push Standards & Practices" exercise than anything else. When will she install a sex swing?

I'm glad Richard's mom turned out to be a good egg. I hate the trope of the future mother-in-law being a bitch to the bride. It's so tiresome. 

• Love 6

I was going to type out my thoughts about Kat's storyline, but Carmen at Autostraddle said what I was thinking, so:

[Kat] tops the bartender. They have lots of intimate eye contact. And the following day at work she tells her friends about it, realizes she’s bisexual, and of course Jane and Sutton hold hands and support her. The end! Happily ever after! We can all go home now!

Except Natalie and I, and given past comments on the website I’ll go on a branch to say a lot of our readers, had already known Kat was bisexual?

Or rather, Kat has always described herself as queer. She dated men before Adena, and never seemed to have a specific crisis or coming-to-understanding about that fact. In fact, she had never referred to herself as a lesbian before last night’s episode? So her “big” bisexual coming-of-age was murky, fell short, and definitely didn’t land for me in the way it feels like the writers intended.

There is definitely a version of last night’s episode that I would have loved. A queer woman of color coming into her top energy by pegging this white dude. It has all kinds of intriguing subversion of expectations baked into it, some of which I wish The Bold Type had explored more. Something that both Natalie and Drew pointed out is that TBT seems very invested in “shocking” and “breaking sexual norms” this season (including the masturbation/sex party episode, last week’s jump into Kat’s hook ups, and now this) — but they haven’t been focused on underpinning emotional value of those explorations. Pushing boundaries just for the sake of saying you’re doing it is bad writing and .. well… boring.

My one correction is that Kat worried she was the U-Haul lesbian in last week's episode, but I assumed she was just using a figure of speech. We had no indication before last week that she considered herself done with men forever.

• Useful 1
On 1/24/2020 at 8:15 PM, KaveDweller said:

The characters were pretty dumb for thinking they could give out issues of the magazine and no one would leak it. Of course it all worked out, because otherwise there'd be no show.

About time Scarlett went all digital. The whole time they were talking about her last issue being printed, I was wondering who the hell still buys print magazines.

Personally, I love printed magazines, but maybe I am showing my age (closing in on 40). I wasn't a fan of Glamour, but had a hard time giving up by Allure subscription. Print isn't as dead as people think it is

• Love 2

Jane:  How do I tell Jacqueline I have a yeast infection?

Me: You don't. There is never a reason to tell your boss about what is going on in your vagina. If you are in too much pain to do the panel, call in sick. You don't have to say why and she shouldn't ask. 

I did laugh when Jane called Kat and Sutton after trying the perfume and they were all, hmm, yeast infection. No big deal. We don't have to talk about those.

Count me in with those who already thought Kat was bisexual.

I think it is cool that Sutton wants to gain an Instagram following to help her career, but didn't like her asking for sponsors. It comes off as begging, and I have seen lots of criticism on social media lately, where influencers get torn apart for asking for free stuff.

• Love 5

So Jane has no trouble helping her friend buy a strap on for pegging, fucking her boyfriend in public at a sex party, and using her own personal crap for all her stories but she can't admit (to her friends) that she has a yeast infection? I guess everyone has a line they won't cross? 

Why was Kat being bisexual a revelation? She enjoyed sex with men and with women so I just kind of assumed she was. (And yes, I know it's about more than just sex. But for someone trying to be so "woke" it's weird to me that she was ever resistant to the idea of bisexuality.)

• Love 3

Who is fucking writing this show where a yeast infection is a storyline? Why would you ever need to tell your boss, even at a Women's magazine?

I have been annoyed for quite some time with stupid fucking Jane, fake-ass-woke Kat and I think Jane's vagina is where I bow out of this dumb fucking show.

Sutton deserves better than these idiots.

Edited by Megan
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

What sexually active woman has never had a yeast infection and immediately thinks it's cervical cancer?  Oh right, Jane.  

Seriously, how can she get to be her age & never get a yeast infection. The whole idea is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Megan said:

Who is fucking writing this show where a yeast infection is storyline?

Yeah, I really don't need a yeast infection storyline, that's just TMI for me.

• Love 4

This episode was a bit much for me. I feel really old and prudish, but I'm only 28! I just..don't really need to watch a show about yeast infections, or "pegging" for that matter. I guess that's their point, that we should be comfortable talking about things like that, but...no. It's just not interesting or entertaining and I'm watching TV to be entertained.

Sutton keeps me watching. I love that the mother-in-law wasn't just a one-note bitch and that they actually understood each other at the end. I really hope the wedding actually happens and we get to see her married life with Richard. I'm the only married one of my friends, and it can be weirdly isolating. If done well, it's something I'd love to see explored. 

Wow, this post makes me sound lame. I promise I can be fun! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Of course freaking Jane manages to take a yeast infection as some massive story and huge stand for feminism, when she isn't acting like it must mean its a death sentence, or that she has to share this awkwardness with everyone, or act like its a big deal that people dont, and of course this means she gets endless praise and even in the 30 under 30 article. Why does Jane have to tell Jacqueline she has a yeast infect, and not just, I dont know, say she has a stomach bug? But then we cant have Jane call this woman out in front of a crap ton of people for something she probably didn't even cause, and instead of everyone just starring awkwardly at this woman at a wellness panel that has no background in wellness, everyone gets all I am Yeast Infection or whatever. I did love Jane's doctors reaction to her calling and freaking out about this minor medical issue, like she was just barley able to keep from rolling her eyes, even in her tone. 

So Kat is bisexual which is...apparently news? I had thought that Kats whole plot was her realizing that she was bisexual, considering she had relationships with men before she met Adena, and that she was mostly hooking up with women because she was exploring that more, and not that she assumed Adena switched some kind of lesbian switch or something. The pegging...not something I expected to see on my TV but here we are!

I swear, I am so not a prude, but even I have been blushing a bit this season with all the pegging and vibrators and vagina stuff. I am all for sex positivity and women taking control of their own bodies and their sex lives, and it has led to some interesting stories, but it does seem like they are going SUPER hard on it this season, just because they want to see if they can. 

I really liked Sutton's story, and that her future mother in law isn't a stereotypical annoying mother in law, and that they ended up bonding. She even liked the beer! I really hope that this wedding actually happens, I think having Sutton get married could lead to some interesting new dynamics between the girls. 

• Love 3

I could complain about a bunch of things - Adena and her attitute and Jane, as usual ... But I'd rather talk about what a gread character Oliver is. So lovable, so professional.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Aulty said:

But I'd rather talk about what a great character Oliver is. So lovable, so professional.

I'm glad we're finally getting more of him, and he's not just Sutton's rabbi.

I'm sure Jane's "bombing" of the 30 Under 30 interview will lead to her being chosen. She'll probably be in the number 1 spot. Sigh. But good for her for making a decision about her BRCA status. I'm curious how much the show will get into the nitty gritty of the mastectomy process. I'm also sure Jane will write about the process and win a Nobel Prize for it. Maybe then she'll finally get her vertical, hee.

Adena was quite the troublemaker this episode, but I kind of enjoyed it.

I'm still annoyed that Jacqueline's career is being blamed for the collapse of her marriage. But at least they aren't showing her wallowing and feeling extremely guilty about it.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm a lot older than the main women on this show, but are those clunky bright white dad sneakers that Jane was wearing with her jeans in the park a real thing for fashionable women these days? They weren't even cool hightops or classic Jordans-- just sneakers I think my 70-something dad owns.

Oh, and also, the clothes Sutton picked out to style Raven Symone were terrible. A short, curvy woman in culottes? No, girl. A busty woman with a button down buttoned all the way to the neck? Bad idea. I know Scarlet has started using models of different shapes and sizes, but I'm not sure Sutton has mastered how to dress non-traditional model body shapes.

Edited by marny
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, marny said:

I'm a lot older than the main women on this show, but are those clunky bright white dad sneakers that Jane was wearing with her jeans in the park a real thing for fashionable women these days? They weren't even cool hightops or classic Jordans-- just sneakers I think my 70-something dad owns.

Oh, and also, the clothes Sutton picked out to style Raven Symone were terrible. A short, curvy woman in culottes? No, girl. A busty woman with a button down buttoned all the way to the neck? Bad idea. I know Scarlet has started using models of different shapes and sizes, but I'm not sure Sutton has mastered how to dress non-traditional model body shapes.

Based on my 16 year old nieces instagram, the white dad sneakers are fashionable. 

• Love 1