Type keyword(s) to search

The Bold Type - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The moment in the flashback where Sutton and Richard met? With Boom, Clap from the TFIOS movie in the background? ABSOLUTELY COULDN'T have been cheesier. I know it was supposed to be romantic, but the elements were just wrong. 

• Love 2

Richard writing an email to his friend to tell him  he's "smitten" with the 22 year old he just met feels so...Richard. Though I am glad he didn't swoop in and save the day and buy Sutton the sewing machine. Girl is a hustler. She'll find a way.

So, like, Jane just decided on her first day it would be wise to hang in the fashion closet and try on clothes and then break for lunch? Seriously?

Good to see Jacqueline has always been perfect.

• Love 5

Really not seeing how Lauren acquired such a “bad boss” reputation. Her one sin was not specifying where she wanted the coffee to come from. But other than that—her demands were reasonable, she offered some rather deserved criticism, and buckling the way Jane did makes her look thin-skinned and immature. It doesn’t make Lauren look like Miranda Priestly. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, zenithwit said:

Also, who is able to disappear for hours on their first day?

But she's Jane! She's nothing if not special and entitled. Clearly she can spend hours not reporting to anyone and trying on dresses. 

• Love 5

Really can't stand this magical lesbian storyline they have going with Kat.  I thought last weeks resolution was perfect with campaign manager telling Kat she likes men.  But this week, shocker, she is actually into women and trying not to be.  Ughhhh

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Karen885 said:

Really can't stand this magical lesbian storyline they have going with Kat.  I thought last weeks resolution was perfect with campaign manager telling Kat she likes men.  But this week, shocker, she is actually into women and trying not to be.  Ughhhh

Yeah, and brace yourself, because ...

Spoiler

according to the episode description Adena will be back in 3x08.

Otherwise it was a nice little episode.

I thought Pinstripe was hot in the early seasons, but now that he is with Jane, I don't find him interessting anymore. Good for him on his book success though.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Karen885 said:

It reminds me of Denis Leary's character Tommy on Rescue Me. Back in the TWOP forum days, we used to refer to Tommy's "Magical Unicorn Dick" because seemingly every woman he met was DTF.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Karen885 said:

This. I liked the resolution last week as well, but of course they had to ruin it.

1 hour ago, Aulty said:

I thought Pinstripe was hot in the early seasons, but now that he is with Jane, I don't find him interessting anymore. Good for him on his book success though.

Jane drags everyone down IMO. I prefer everyone more when they are not around Jane. 

• Love 8

Also, who the heck wears an outfit like Jane's to her first day at her grown-up job? Sure, they clearly have a very casual workplace, but you don't put on garbage like that for your first impression. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Karen885 said:

2 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

This. I liked the resolution last week as well, but of course they had to ruin it. 

I third this.  I also liked the resolution from last week and am now wondering why they couldn't just be friends.  Even if the campaign manager is struggling with her sexuality, she could possibly just not be attractive to Kat in that way.  And while the two had chemistry, it was definitely more of a friendship-type chemistry.  I also hate when they do this with male/female pairs.  It's one of my TV pet peeves.  

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I third this.  I also liked the resolution from last week and am now wondering why they couldn't just be friends.  Even if the campaign manager is struggling with her sexuality, she could possibly just not be attractive to Kat in that way.  And while the two had chemistry, it was definitely more of a friendship-type chemistry.  I also hate when they do this with male/female pairs.  It's one of my TV pet peeves.  

I quadruply agree... ( its a word.. No need to go look it up.. Lol)  feels like the show didn't need this.. If anything Kate putting pressing her campaign manager who os technically her subordinate is kinda iffy... But I doubt the show touches on it like that... Not sure if the writers and runners for this show are on that frequency... Every week I complain about Jane.. Every week Jane does something I have to complain about... See y'all next week

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

If anything Kate putting pressing her campaign manager who os technically her subordinate is kinda iffy... But I doubt the show touches on it like that... Not sure if the writers and runners for this show are on that frequency...

I actually thought that this is where they were going when she resigned.  Silly me.

35 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Every week I complain about Jane.. Every week Jane does something I have to complain about... See y'all next week

Same.  I was about to start writing about the ways Jane was annoying in this episode in my previous post, but didn't want to give the character the satisfaction of making it about her (just like she does with everything else on the show).  

working out real housewives of orange county GIF

• Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, zenithwit said:

Also, who is able to disappear for hours on their first day?

I don't know, I think for some internships I can see it being possible. When I was in college, I had an internship at a large company and on our first day they said, "everyone is really swamped finishing things for a presentation tomorrow. Just read through this stuff and wait."  The other intern and I basically sat around doing nothing all day. (Our second day, however, was crazy busy). And it seemed like Lauren was so mad about the coffee she didn't bother assigning Jane any other tasks.

But of course it all worked out for Jane and she didn't have to stay working with Lauren.

10 hours ago, sashayshante said:

Richard writing an email to his friend to tell him  he's "smitten" with the 22 year old he just met feels so...Richard. Though I am glad he didn't swoop in and save the day and buy Sutton the sewing machine. Girl is a hustler. She'll find a way.

I was glad to see that too.  But you are right, Sutton is a hustler. I loved how she managed to get a job created for her. And we know later she got Oliver to hire her.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

Her one sin was not specifying where she wanted the coffee to come from.

Her true sin was not instantly seeing how perfect and wonderful Jane was the second she saw her! How dare she not immediately acknowledged the brilliance that is Jane! 

I loved the flashbacks to when the girls met, it was cute seeing the early days of their friendship, and I got some serious nostalgia vibes, even if it was just from a few years ago. The ice bucket challenge! Summertime Sadness! People brushing off Snapchat as some crazy phase! Oh the memories! Even though I continue to question how they manage to find so much time at work to just mess around and gossip and play with clothes when they are supposed to be at work. 

Kat as the magical girl whisperer is getting so old so fast. It would have been a decent story if she had feelings for her campaign manager who really was straight, and she just had to deal with that, but of COURSE she is in the closet and of COURSE she is instantly hot for Kat. Does Kat just have some kind of pheromones she leaks that makes every not totally herto woman who sees her want to get with her instantly? And will she ever be into a guy again, as she is apparently bisexual, or is this that TV thing when bisexuals dont really exist, and people just flip a switch from gay to straight?

• Love 6

This show used to be so much fun, but between Jane becoming even more of an unbearable twit and Kat’s magical lesbian storyline, the episodes keep piling up. I tried watching last week but seeing Jane keep talking about sex games while Pinstripe was trying to give her his book made me want to scream. 

• Love 5
On 5/15/2019 at 6:45 AM, allonsyalice said:

The moment in the flashback where Sutton and Richard met? With Boom, Clap from the TFIOS movie in the background? ABSOLUTELY COULDN'T have been cheesier. I know it was supposed to be romantic, but the elements were just wrong. 

That part made me laugh out loud. Usually the meet cute where the love interests make eye contact is endearing and supposed to be about two teens or twentysomethings falling in love because they're young and impulsive. Only instead of two freshfaced heroes, the camera could not have been any closer to Richard's eye bags and crows feet. When he looked up and smiled at her, it was like a dad smiling at his daughter. Look, I'm not saying you have to be below a certain age to be worthy of romance and age gaps are fine, but between the soundtrack and packaging it as a bubblegum pop teen flirt session, it did zero favors for their supposedly "serious epic love story" and unintentionally put a glaring spotlight on him as an old perv.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:41 AM, gesundheit said:

But she's Jane! She's nothing if not special and entitled. Clearly she can spend hours not reporting to anyone and trying on dresses. 

Jane is just getting flat-out boring to watch, and not even in a way where it's fun to hate on her. She just has so many scenes and so many plots where absolutely nothing happens and I don't understand her appeal. I guess that she's supposed to be the bland Author Avatar for the viewer, but Sutton is much more likable. Jane is rapidly approaching Bella Swan levels of Mary Sue, although Jacqueline will always beat her.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:15 AM, Karen885 said:

I mean, even without accounting for Kat's Magical Lesbian Powers, I should have seen this coming because there's no way they would cast an actress who's totally channeling a young Samira Wiley vibe and not make her into ladies, lol. If they had to make her not straight, I would've appreciated it if they had done the reveal but had her say "I am actually into women, but I'm quitting anyway because your advances towards me have been really inappropriate and unprofessional especially in the context of an active political campaign." But no, of course she quit because she's so afraid of her uncontrollable gay feeeeelings for Kat! I feel like writers feel a lot of pressure when they include a queer character because it seemed like from that point forward, they feel like they have to do tons of wish fulfillment for closeted kids and the twitter mob.

@tennisgurl re: Kat's Invisible alleged bisexuality, I've been thinking a lot about that as well! I was briefly encouraged in the opening scene of the flashback when we saw her kissing a dude, who I naturally assumed would have been her boyfriend at the time, but then we watched her deleting his number as she walked away, so apparently he was just some random tinder/Bumble hookup she roped into dropping her off at work the next morning? (Weird.) Her conflicted/irritated face again gave the impression that even back then she was in denial or doing it to fit in, which again, seemed like a lazy retcon to feed twitter stans.

This new showrunner can't come soon enough.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I was briefly encouraged in the opening scene of the flashback when we saw her kissing a dude, who I naturally assumed would have been her boyfriend at the time, but then we watched her deleting his number as she walked away, so apparently he was just some random tinder/Bumble hookup she roped into dropping her off at work the next morning? (Weird.) Her conflicted/irritated face again gave the impression that even back then she was in denial or doing it to fit in, which again, seemed like a lazy retcon to feed twitter stans.

Who brings their random hook up into the lobby of their office building to make out with him before deleting their number? Why not just leave him at his place or whatever? Or at least kiss him good bye out on the street and then delete his number. Seems rather unprofessional (even if he was her boyfriend) to bring him inside.

Maybe I am just being old. Obviously they just wanted to be able to remind us Kat used to be into men and show how different it was 5 years ago.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

Who brings their random hook up into the lobby of their office building to make out with him before deleting their number? Why not just leave him at his place or whatever? Or at least kiss him good bye out on the street and then delete his number. Seems rather unprofessional (even if he was her boyfriend) to bring him inside.

Maybe I am just being old. Obviously they just wanted to be able to remind us Kat used to be into men and show how different it was 5 years ago.

Remember this is the same character who's currently attempting to seduce her campaign manager. "Appropriateness" and "professionalism" are just light suggestions to Kat.

Kat was a GROSS FAKE HETERO who had PINK HAIR! 2014 was truly a wild time.

• Love 2

Use your fucking words, Pinstripe. I have no sympathy for him if he doesn't tell Jane what he wants. She shouldn't have to drag it out of him.

Why did Jacqueline allow Jane to have roommate interviews at work? I blame her for indulging Jane's dumb actions.

Of course Adena is going to return. Sigh.

• Love 8

I was really hoping Richard's aversion to celebrating is birthday was because it would highlight that he's 15 years older than his girlfriend. 

I want more Patrick. He adds some much needed tension to a work environment that seems more like a college dorm than a job.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sashayshante said:

I was really hoping Richard's aversion to celebrating is birthday was because it would highlight that he's 15 years older than his girlfriend. 

Yeah, I was expecting that to be the issue to be as well.  I guess good for them with being unpredictable?

I'm confused about the timeline on this show though. In the pilot, we heard the girls all met three years before that episode. In the flashback last week it was five years ago, which suggests the show follows real time. But then how is it that this is Sutton and Richard's first birthday together?

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Why did Jacqueline allow Jane to have roommate interviews at work? I blame her for indulging Jane's dumb actions.

Same reason Patrick allows Kat to spend half her time having meetings on her campaign at work? 

I feel like Jane and Alex rooming together is a really bad idea. I'm not sure what is going to go wrong, but something will.

• Love 5
(edited)

Honestly, I refuse to believe that half of those potential roommates in the "bad potential roommate" sequence can be even half as much of a pain as Jane can be. 

Although to be totally fair, I was more or less on her side on her fight with Pinstripe, if he wants to move in, he should say something, not get all passive aggressive and mad. I do think that Jane and Alex living together is going to cause problems down the line though. Maybe she uses something about his life for a story or something and after the whole thing with the girl he hooked up with a few episodes ago, he gets upset? 

Speaking of lacking personal boundaries, Kat dating her campaign manager is going to be a total mess, even more than it is now. Even in a long established relationship, working together can be really hard on a couple or potential couple, and her manager is barley poking her head out of the closet now, and they are already fighting and storming out of rooms due to work issues, and they are not even an official couple yet! And now Adena is coming back, so thats just gonna be a whole thing. I wish they would have had her come to terms with her sexuality, but have her and Kat be good friends, it would be nice to see Kat have some LGBTQ friends in her life. Well, maybe she does have some from that lesbian bar, but we never see them, so I think that could have been cool. But I guess we cant have two LGBTQ people who are into the same gender just be friends, that would be just as crazy as Kat dating both men and women as a bisexual woman! 

Seriously though, why the hell is Jane doing roommate interviews at her job?! How in the world is that alright? This is what they get for constantly indulging Jane I guess. 

I did get a giggle when Tia stormed out after her fight with Kat, and awkwardly came back for her sandwich. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8
On 5/15/2019 at 4:53 PM, luckyroll3 said:

I hate that, too, and it's one of the reasons why I have a problem with FRIED GREEN TOMATOES (the book, not necessarily the movie). In the movie they're BFFs and have this solid, nonsexual bond. In the book, however, there's definitely a romance there. Sometimes I think that's a cop out. Women's relationships with each other can be very complicated and unique and sometimes the lines get blurred a little, even though neither is really sexually attracted to the other. Those kinds of relationships, when they're depicted well, are ones that I think are really interesting. There are lots of movies out there about the romance kind of love, but not as many exploring the other kind. I think there are lots of things that they could have done with Kat and Tia, but to just suddenly make Kat the magical lesbian sprinkling gay dust on her campaign partner is, I think, dull and even a little disrespectful to actual lesbians. I can't put my finger on WHY I feel this way, but something about it just makes me cringe. 

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I can't put my finger on WHY I feel this way, but something about it just makes me cringe.  

Because it felt predatory and because Kat lacked empathy for what Tia was going through. In fact, Kat lacks empathy in general. It's like Kat understands the oppression of marginalized communities, but in an abstract way, not first hand. She's queer and black, but she hasn't had the experiences other queer and/or black women have had because she's existed in privileged environments - wealthy parents, NYU, Scarlet, etc. I wish the show would address this more.

Edited by sashayshante
  • Love 18

I am so not into the Kat/Tia relationship. A lot of issues can be handwaved with chemistry, and I'm definitely guilty of doing that. These two have NO chemistry, imo. The sex scene left me cold. There's just nothing there. I actually hope Adena's reappearance breaks them up. A lot of drama and silliness ensued with Kat and Adena, but at least they sizzled.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, sashayshante said:

It's like Kat understands the oppression of marginalized communities, but in an abstract way, not first hand. She's queer and black, but she hasn't had the experiences other queer and/or black women have had because she's existed in privileged environments - wealthy parents, NYU, Scarlet, etc. I wish the show would address this more.

The show whiffs on this, I agree. I think the harassment by the brownstone lady is a start. And I was glad that Jane and Sutton weren't made out to be white saviors.

• Love 5

I love this version of NYC where literally everyone has a private entrance from outdoors to their home. All that door-knocking for the campaign only cemented the hilarity.

I'm glad Kat thought better of posting the video. Patrick was right, even though he was excited about it. All that would've happened is the racist lady would've become another "Becky" internet meme and Kat would've been forgotten.

Echoing everyone else's sentiments about Jane interviewing roommates at her job (as well as Kat conducting campaign meetings there), but on top of the general absurdity of that being permitted, potential roommates want to see the apartment.

Pinstripe's whole deal made little sense. He wanted Jane to ask him to move in, which meant he would've had to break his lease and move homes in like the 2 days before he was leaving for 8 weeks? (I realize I'm too hung up on the realities of timing and money and moving and this is TV, but I can't help it!)\

That building they work in makes me want to live in Toronto, it's insane in its opulence. If only I liked winter.

• Love 6

It's good that in the end Jane managed to have an honest conversation with Pinstripe, but everything leading up to that? If she is one of those woke millenials why does she still have all those gen x problems?

The scene at the end where they both go for their phones instead of kissing is probably forshadowing some cheating drama, isn't it?

Somehow I get the impression that Sutton is a younger version of 'wise' Jaqueline with all her helpful remarks and magical insight into everyone's psyche.

Oh Kat. Please don't get her back together with Adena, who I liked as a character, but that relationship just was annoying.

Can someone give Alex some sugar please?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I think there are lots of things that they could have done with Kat and Tia, but to just suddenly make Kat the magical lesbian sprinkling gay dust on her campaign partner is, I think, dull and even a little disrespectful to actual lesbians. I can't put my finger on WHY I feel this way, but something about it just makes me cringe. 

I find it most eye roll inducing that in a show about woke SJW millennials,  Kat is aggressively pursuing her active political campaign manager and no one bats an eye because they're cute and gay!!! 

3 hours ago, asabovesobelow said:

I am so not into the Kat/Tia relationship. A lot of issues can be handwaved with chemistry, and I'm definitely guilty of doing that. These two have NO chemistry, imo. The sex scene left me cold. There's just nothing there. I actually hope Adena's reappearance breaks them up. A lot of drama and silliness ensued with Kat and Adena, but at least they sizzled.

Which is a funny interpretation because Tia is actually played by a queer actress, unlike Kat and Adena (to my knowledge). You'd think that actually being queer might make the chemistry more authentic, but maybe not. It made me laugh that 24 hours ago Tia was struggling with her feelings for women and then she's not only losing her gay virginity, but topping Kat in the next episode. Kat works fast! 

SOMEONE needs to bang Alex. He's so cute and everyone overlooks him. He deserves better than Jane, but he's already kissed Sutton and Kat, so he might as well go for the trifecta.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

It made me laugh that 24 hours ago Tia was struggling with her feelings for women and then she's not only losing her gay virginity, but topping Kat in the next episode. Kat works fast! 

SOMEONE needs to bang Alex. He's so cute and everyone overlooks him. He deserves better than Jane, but he's already kissed Sutton and Kat, so he might as well go for the trifecta.

So much co-signing. They were better about this with Kat/Adena -- Kat was actually nervous and needed some... shall we say, sexual guidance when they first got together!

And yes, Alex is adorable. I don't understand why they can't give him anything to do.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Which is a funny interpretation because Tia is actually played by a queer actress, unlike Kat and Adena (to my knowledge). You'd think that actually being queer might make the chemistry more authentic, but maybe not. It made me laugh that 24 hours ago Tia was struggling with her feelings for women and then she's not only losing her gay virginity, but topping Kat in the next episode. Kat works fast! 

Yeah, the whole fast-tracking bothered me last year too. One minute Kat is head over heels for Adena, the next she needs to have sex with other women ASAP and decides to kink it up with that creepy girl. Do the writers think that newly minted lesbians experience a lifetime of gayness directly upon acknowledging their feelings? Tia proclaimed her straightness, admitted her weariness over being gay, and then is topping Kat and kissing her in public within like, two days.

Kat has more romantic chemistry with Jacqueline's assistant than she does with Tia.

Edited by asabovesobelow
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

They're making it out like Pinstripe is going off to war. Yeah, it's not a weekend trip, but since Jane appears to be able to road trip at the drop of a hat, could she not, like, maybe go see him every couple of weeks?

I do think there will be some kind of escandalo while Pinstripe is on his book tour, but I hope it's not with Alex.

Christ, can they please just get the abusive photographer storyline going so it can end? They've been in a holding pattern for 3 episodes. Someone needs to teach the writers to show, not tell. Don't tell me how awful and abusive she is for three weeks and expect me to care. They could easily be sent an anonymous clip of the photographer on set so viewers can witness for themselves how awful the photographer is.

Edited by sashayshante
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, sashayshante said:

Christ, can they please just get the abusive photographer storyline going so it can end? They've been in a holding pattern for 3 episodes. Someone needs to teach the writers to show, not tell. Don't tell me how awful and abusive she is for three weeks and expect me to care. They could easily be sent an anonymous clip of the photographer on set so viewers can witness for themselves how awful the photographer is.

They can just hire her themselves for a shoot. Then watch her be awful.

But honestly, it really is a slow storyline. I get that they wanted to show investigative journalism, but it is super boring. It would be better if we had met the photographer already and had some vested interest in her. 

• Love 10
20 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I'm confused about the timeline on this show though. In the pilot, we heard the girls all met three years before that episode. In the flashback last week it was five years ago, which suggests the show follows real time. But then how is it that this is Sutton and Richard's first birthday together?

It’s not their first birthday together as a couple, it’s Richard’s first birthday since his dad passed. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

They can just hire her themselves for a shoot. Then watch her be awful.

But honestly, it really is a slow storyline. I get that they wanted to show investigative journalism, but it is super boring. It would be better if we had met the photographer already and had some vested interest in her. 

The Invisible Big Bad Photographer storyline is hands-down the worst part of this block. God knows this show loves a self-congratulatory #MeToo storyline. But who is this woman, Slenderman? How come no one can actually see or talk to her in real time? Why does she seemingly have every model and hair and makeup artist within a 100 mile radius talking in code and nervously glancing over their shoulder? For all of this buildup, we better get to watch her chop off a model's finger and eat it during a shoot or something.

Unrelated, but the actor who played the makeup artist was someone I watched on a YouTube mini series years ago (Carmilla - basically Twilight with college lesbians and the same questionable acting choices). They're a really lovely person (and actually non-binary!!!) so it was a wonderful surprise seeing them pop up on actual TV!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 5/22/2019 at 8:12 PM, Whimsy said:

It’s not their first birthday together as a couple, it’s Richard’s first birthday since his dad passed. 

It was both. Sutton said at one point it was their first birthday together as a couple.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

It was both. Sutton said at one point it was their first birthday together as a couple.

Oh. I missed that. I guess it took them awhile to actually consider themselves a couple then. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

Oh. I missed that. I guess it took them awhile to actually consider themselves a couple then. 

I thought maybe she meant because they were secretly dating before, so she couldn't have thrown him a birthday party. But yeah, it was weird writing. 

• Love 3

Once again, Jaqueline comes to the rescue. Nice of her to assure these women that they'll be okay. She can go home to her penthouse and rich husband. Will she pay for all their legal fees?

And FUCK is Jane annoying. Mind your own business, Jane!!!!

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

Once again, Jaqueline comes to the rescue. Nice of her to assure these women that they'll be okay. She can go home to her penthouse and rich husband. Will she pay for all their legal fees?

Earlier she made the good point that NDAs of that sort are now being nullified because they are a part of the abuse, and if enough women talk, it's likely they could have enough clout to get the NDAs rendered useless.

• Love 6

As of the shoot, it didn't appear the NDA's had been waived. Sure, they probably would be, but Jacqueline has a habit of assuring people everything will work out when she has nothing to back that up. The only person I want telling me I have nothing to worry about in a situation like that is a lawyer, not the EIC if a woman's magazine. Not to mention, the models are justified in worrying about their careers. Will Jacqueline provide them with jobs? Look at Eliza Dushku. Yeah, she got nine million dollars, but Michael Weatherly still has a job and likely will for years to come and will make even more money. The same can't be said for Dushku.  She may have been justified, but now she's seen as litigious. She's a liability, one just as big if not bigger than Weatherly.

• Love 7

Considering the woman who Jaqueline is based off of works on the show, its always hard not to hear the many speeches about how awesome Jaqueline is without hearing some serious self congratulation in there. 

So technically the models didnt talk about what happened to them at the photo shoots, they just had pictures of them taken along with the story of what happened? I dont know how legally binding that is, I am sadly missing a law degree, but it seems pretty sketchy. And even if they arent technically in breach of contract, some people in the industry might still be hesitant to work with them. Not that they shouldn't speak out, but its not an easy thing to do, no matter what Jane and Jaqueline might say.

So we are heading back to Kat and Adena huh? Well that was certainly inevitable, especially considering I thought their break up was kind of abrupt anyway. I liked Adena as a character more than Tina, and I thought that Kat and Adena worked better as a couple (no weird predatory vibe or work/dating conflicts) but I quickly get sick of off and on couples, and while they had some nice moments and had potential, I always thought that they spent more time fighting or second guessing each other than actually being a happy couple. And has Kat never been in a relationship before Adena? Not even a little boy she shared cookies with in 2nd grade? They were really all just one night stands and flings before Adena? Or is this just the show trying to retroactively make Kat a lesbian instead of bisexual, and the guys she was with "didnt count" or whatever?

Look, I know I have what my grandma would call a bee in my bonnet about this, but its really annoying that the show tried to sell Kat as coming into terms with her being a bisexual women, but are now like "nope she is totally only into chicks!" despite that not being what was told originally. If Kat realized that she was really into girls this whole time and not guys, thats fine its a perfectly good story, but this just sounds like the bisexual erasure that happens on television so often, and I feel like a show that prides itself so much on being progressive should know better. 

• Love 7

So far we've heard the photographer forced a model to pose in freezing water and was so mean to another one she fell or twisted herself into a painful position or something? Am I crazy or have those been the only two scenarios presented to demonstrate how abusive this photographer is? This dumb sub-plot has been going on for so long I forget.

So far, they've made this photographer sound mean and that's it. Miranda Priestly was mean, too. Some might have even called her abusive.

God, I really hope this blows up in Jane's face.

• Love 6

So... We're probably gonna have Kat chase and kinda pressure her subordinate into coming out of the closet and into a relationship and then she's gonna at best dump her after she doesn't win.. Or cheat on her.. And I'm scared the show won't have anyone call her on it...  Glad Sutton came to her senses.. I experienced something like that when I was dating a girl who didn't come from the same financial background I did.. She never wanted me to pay for anything.. So I felt for Richard... 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

So... We're probably gonna have Kat chase and kinda pressure her subordinate into coming out of the closet and into a relationship and then she's gonna at best dump her after she doesn't win.. Or cheat on her.. And I'm scared the show won't have anyone call her on it...

I agree. I already did not like Kat chasing and sort of pressuring her campaign manager to come out and be in a relationship, we now are going to have Kat probably get back with Adena? Sigh. 

I wish we would have seen the mean photographer lady in action sometime in the show, because this whole Jane goes all Ronan Farrow story is telling about how horrible this woman photographer is and not showing anything. I feel like I should be all horrified and appalled by the photographer lady (IRL I would be), but I find myself not caring. What is worse is that I am rooting for the horrible photographer over Jane.

• Love 9