Type keyword(s) to search

The Bold Type - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So how does this work? will there be a discussion for each episode?

Jane is still insufferable. While I agree in theory that a man should not head up digital for a woman's magazine, Jane has never expressed the same frustration about the guy who heads up the fashion department. Gay or not, he's still a man and a woman could have done the same job.

Edited by sashayshante
  • Love 5

Was really looking forward to this returning! Episode was pretty good. Though I think Sutton moving in with Richard is going to backfire. I know nothing about music or any contemporary artists, but I had actually heard of Betty Who before. The digital guy's sermons about being authentic etc. were annoying me towards the end. The kiss between Kat and guy whose name I can't remember-I hope the show isn't just putting them together because they're both african-American and that was just a one-time mistake.

• Love 3

So we start off this season with a classic "Jane is an asshole" storyline! And its always so frustrating, because she so often starts out with a good point ("ride your bike in the bike lane! why have a male boss at a female based magazine") but then escalates so freaking quickly (yeah, dont apologize or anything Jane, just insult the guy you just slammed off his bike with a car door, yell at him, and accuse him of drug dealing! Be all sulky about him, and gleeful when you find out he might be a sexual harasser!) and just becomes so puffed up on her own riotous indignation, that its impossible for me to really get behind her during stuff like this. I admit, I cracked up when she interviewed the woman at the other magazine, all excited to hear about what a sexist pig he was, only to find out he was actually trying to help his female co-worker. She just deflated like a damn balloon, especially when she realized that the "sexist behavior" she was talking about wasnt his. 

It should be interesting to see where the new guy lands. He could be a skeevy weirdo, or he could be pretentious and overbearing, but also well meaning and good at his job. Not sure yet. 

The other two storylines were quite good though. Kat trying to move on from Adena is sad, although I still think they might get back together. They seem to be civil with each other, and both seem to miss each other. I also liked her talking about how on social media everyone tries to look perfect, even when behind the screen things are falling apart. Very true!

Sutton is still awesome, telling off creepy old guys, and setting boundaries with Richard, but also being understanding. I dont know how things will go with her moving in with Richard will go though.

Glad this show is back!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8

I didn't even know this show had gotten renewed until this episode showed up on my DVR. I see nothing has changed about Jane, she's still willing to just jump in without facts & get a situation wrong. I will admit I agree with her about bringing in a man to run digital at a woman's magazine though, this show is supposed to be all about woman power, why bring in a guy to be the boss?

I'm glad Adina is gone & I hope she stays that way.

• Love 5

I've missed the show... Still not sure why the show keeps making Jane so unlikeable... But she was grade A today..  "After Ben ( the doctor)  foubd out about this medical thing thst i pushed myself to get.. He acted doctorly and i coukdnt deal" ugh...Damn near killing a guy and then accusing him of being a drug dealer and never actually saying sorry.. Ugh anyway  Sutton is great.. Not much to add there.. Though I was sad they scrapped Alex/Sutton without much work.. Richard is a super guy and I like them together... Kat's story was real and I connected with it... Alex was a great friend and I hope they give him more to do this season.. 

• Love 4

I wish they'd have had Jane learn a bit from her past impulsiveness, but I guess that's just Jane. It was satisfying to see her deflate when she learned the "exposure" was to help a female colleague get equal pay. Jane, as a journalist you're not supposed to have preconceived ideas!

I wonder if one of the stories this year will be Scarlet trying to stay afloat as a print presence. That's huge in the magazine business right now, and I think that aspect of it—that perhaps a man ends up as the overall editor of a woman's magazine—is more interesting than a relatively knee-jerk "no boys allowed" attitude. Note: I'm not saying the women are wrong to wonder why a woman isn't the digital director, just that to dismiss him out of hand because of his gender sounds familiar, doesn't it?

I suspect, though, that the guy is here to provide Jane with more professional angst. An app could give her that, so I'm trying not to roll my eyes too soon.

• Love 7

I'm glad that this show is back and that is mainly for Sutton. Her take down of the older guy was brilliant - oh a wedding ring - that must not be going well - maybe you should do something about it. loved it!

I didn't think Jane could annoy me any more than she already did but then she went and doored a cyclist and then yelled at him!!! City - cab etiquette is you always get out curbside, especially in NY with narrow lanes as other cabs could be the ones to run into the door - not just bikes. She was in the wrong completely. All cabs in Chicago have a sticker on the rear left door window saying to get out curbside and would bet NY does too. 

the new guy frustrated me as they threw in every cliche they could; biker, vegan, hipster, balance ball for a chair. I hope they tone him down just a bit because he is such a caricature. I also hate that they brought in a guy for a woman's magazine at first but actually think it could be a good storyline. We say we need men to be allies for change to happen so let's show what that actually means.  

I thought they showed the heartbreak well with Kat and liked where they were going with it until she did a fishlips selfie - really?!?!

That olive garden commercial was so annoying and makes me want to avoid that. I am hating this new trend to get people to watch the commercial by making it seem like it is part of the show is infuriating. A study needs to be done as I wonder how much more that backfires and ends up being negative. Sure doesn't make me want olive garden ever again. 

• Love 1

This show is going to be so much better if I ff all the Jane crap. She continues to be insufferable and condescending. Why were two guys going after her again? Poor Ben got dropped for being a concerned doctor boyfriend. He deserves better than her immature ass. 

Sutton continues to be my favorite. I hope they just stick with her and Richard and no more angsty storylines.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, sashayshante said:

Jane is still insufferable. While I agree in theory that a man should not head up digital for a woman's magazine, Jane has never expressed the same frustration about the guy who heads up the fashion department. Gay or not, he's still a man and a woman could have done the same job.

And the new guy is gay too! I think it was just Jane trying to rid herself of the guilt that she got Jacqueline fired, because nothing can ever be her fault, especially if it was a part of her Super Special Crusade. It's also probably a reflection of the collective millennial/Gen Z belief that if you're a white man, you're either a problematic asshole skating by on privilege or at best, hopelessly ignorant and fundamentally incapable of understanding marginalized communities, even if you're a member of one of those communities. Without getting political whatsoever, look at how quickly even the most progressive presidential candidates are being written off because they're white guys. While I agree that this trend of white men doing everything and getting positions of power for very little effort is getting old, it's a mistake to assume that every white guy is doomed to incompetence or shady behavior because they're a white guy. It's all about social justice purity points – Jane wants the attention of whistleblowing and grandstanding that a woman boss would be better than a (white) man. She was giddy at the prospect of ruining his career when she thought she could spin the flashing incident into a #MeToo expose. Really not a good look in our current climate.

Can Kat have a storyline that isn't about pining over Adena or their shitty, unhealthy relationship? Just wondering. As a bi woman myself, I hope she bangs Alex because I need something, anything that doesn't revolve around fucking Adena. Also, no major magazine would consider a video of you sobbing in your bathroom about your breakup to be good content for augmenting your brand. That's like...embarrassing middle school antics that would immediately cause you to be demoted. Kat in particular is so babyish.

I will never care about Sutton and Richard. I do like the new boss thought and I hope he irritates the crap out of Jane. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I will never care about Sutton and Richard.

Co-sign. Richard is, what, 40ish? Yeah, no. When the show started Sutton was 24 and he was in his late thirties. If this were real life, I'd side-eye Richard and think he was sketchy.  I've always gotten the vibe that they wanted Richard and Jaqueline together.

What amazes me about Jane is that she's nearly destroyed her career several times over and Just. Doesn't. Learn. I'm prepared for the inevitable Pinstripe Guy cheats on her story line. he's always been a smarmy douche.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, sashayshante said:

Co-sign. Richard is, what, 40ish? Yeah, no. When the show started Sutton was 24 and he was in his late thirties. If this were real life, I'd side-eye Richard and think he was sketchy.  I've always gotten the vibe that they wanted Richard and Jaqueline together.

I wonder what ages the characters are actually supposed to be. Meghann Fahy (Sutton) will be 29 this month, and Sam Page (Richard) is 42. At least the show acknowledges the age difference...?  Interestingly, both actors have done Hallmark movies.

Melora Hardin is actually around 8 years older than Sam Page, which would make for an interesting vibe on the show. Isn't Jacqueline married, though? I feel like they've been styling her older as of late (she's only 51).

I don't really know why I watch this show since I'm pretty close to Melora's age and obviously not the target demo. And I've definitely never heard of the aptly named Betty Who.

Edited by Jillybean
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, and I believe she has at least one kid. 

I think it's the hair that makes her look older than she is. It's a little harsh on her, IMO.

It also seems like she's wearing caftan-like garments lately. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Jillybean said:

Hated the Olive Garden sponsorship ad. These girls wouldn't be caught dead eating Olive Garden.

Seriously! Also, is there even an olive garden in their part of hipster Brooklyn?

• Love 3

I came on mostly to say the Jane continues to be insufferable, but y'all got that covered.  

I also was really annoyed with the new guy guilting Kat into sharing her personal issues publically.  I don't care what her title/job is, she has no obligation to share her personal life unless she chooses to.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I came on mostly to say the Jane continues to be insufferable, but y'all got that covered.  

I also was really annoyed with the new guy guilting Kat into sharing her personal issues publically.  I don't care what her title/job is, she has no obligation to share her personal life unless she chooses to.

I didn't read it as him pressing her as much as.. Her speech was vague as hell.. It wasn't Kat... And when she explained why...he said ppl want the real... Which is kinda true

• Love 1

I did not like New Guy and I was very uncomfortable with how he was with Kat. If she wants to share information about her private life, that's great. But I haven't heard one thing in this show that makes it a requirement for her to do so, so for him to push her so much to share so publicly her personal life was a lot to me. And I'm not someone who goes overboard in this area by any stretch, but I do know about employee law and I wasn't okay with it. Seems like it's fine to insist she keeps her personal social media up as an extension of the Scarlet brand, but insisting about sharing stuff about her relationship or specific elements of her personal life is over the line.

I saw mention above of hoping that Kat and Alex aren't paired together because they are to the black people on the show. Might I say, as someone who is black, that I would be very open to them together. They've actually laid the ground work for a healthy friendship or a possible relationship if Kat figures out she is bi (I thought she'd been saying she was a lesbian, so a tad confused on that end). Last season, Alex and her had many conversations and moments that spoke to Kat and made her look at herself and examine things closely. So, I don't think a relationship would seem forced between them at all and therefore nothing wrong with going in that direction.

Kat has been so against embracing her black side, that I wonder if she's ever had a black boyfriend before and that it might be a great storyline for the show. 

But in general, I think it's important for shows that strive for more diversity to remember to actually show a healthy relationship between two black characters as well at times. It's a message that has been lost all too often over the years and sends almost as bad of a message as not having diverse characters. Eriq La Salle suffered the consequences of pointing out this glaring issue on ER way back when. Plenty of shows fall victim to it.

• Love 10

This was an ok opening episode. I'm glad to see them all back at the magazine, but found some developments a bit off-putting:

• Characters have to grate on each other, and plot and plan or there's no fun (I'm thinking of Younger which seems like a similar show to me in many ways), but the writers might be having trouble handling the friction with enough nuance;
  • The guys seem less real to me than the women -- maybe they are written with fewer characteristics? Sutton's boss seamed real to me last year --where's he?;
  • I suppose it's on purpose that boss Jacqueline seems to have little to do, but it makes me nervous because she's my favorite character;
  •  It genuinely touched me how Kat was, finally, allowed to just be sad, missing her ex, but agree she should not be pressed to expose her personal life to company social media -- yecch!
8 hours ago, JasmineFlower said:

I don't think New Guy was trying to force Kat into being more personal, just more authentic. You can't have a social media director that doesn't use social media. It's part if her job, and social media is all about providing a window into your life. He was encouraging her to share aspects of her personal life probably because that's what sells nowadays. Women's media is one giant reality show thanks to the popularity of memoir writing on sites like xoJane and The Frisky (RIP to those bozos.)  Kat ticks a lot of boxes and New Guy wants to take advantage of that to help build the online presence.

8 hours ago, JasmineFlower said:

But in general, I think it's important for shows that strive for more diversity to remember to actually show a healthy relationship between two black characters as well at times. It's a message that has been lost all too often over the years and sends almost as bad of a message as not having diverse characters. Eriq La Salle suffered the consequences of pointing out this glaring issue on ER way back when. Plenty of shows fall victim to it. 

I was super disappointed when they paired Miles with Cara on God Friended Me. It's a show with a black man as the lead and that centers around black family. Pairing him with a white girl felt like a way to appease the white viewers.

Edited by sashayshante
  • Love 2
On 4/10/2019 at 7:30 AM, Jillybean said:

Hated the Olive Garden sponsorship ad. These girls wouldn't be caught dead eating Olive Garden.

Remember when Sutton and Richard we're secretly dating and they went to the times square Olive Garden because no one in their social circle would ever go there?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Karen885 said:

Remember when Sutton and Richard we're secretly dating and they went to the times square Olive Garden because no one in their social circle would ever go there?

I don't remember that! I can't decide if that supports my point, or provides a valid counterpoint. 😂

• LOL 2

I don't blame Jane one bit for not wanting Pinstripe to be there at her transvaginal sonogram. Those things are not fun.

"I'm billing for this time." Uh, makeup guy, you're booked for the whole day. If you're not, you need a new agent.

• Love 3

God, Jane at the prom. OF COURSE her prom night was all melancholy and womp-womp. She's a perpetual downer. That said, a guy she's been dating for seven weeks has no business being part of that story. New Guy was being a dick forcing that assignment on Jane.

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

God, Jane at the prom. OF COURSE her prom night was all melancholy and womp-womp. She's a perpetual downer. That said, a guy she's been dating for seven weeks has no business being part of that story. New Guy was being a dick forcing that assignment on Jane.

She really is a perpetual downer. She turns a great prom into angst. And while I agree she shouldn't have to let her boyfriend in on her doctor's appointments, Jane has this unique way of making me defend people I would normally disagree with.

Are there really only two lesbian bars in NYC? 

Sutton is still my favorite, and she seems to get the best storylines. I like that her attitude seems to be to just try and push forward and fix stuff.  But I have to ask, did it not occur to her that maybe the day you run out of underwear and have to go commando is a day to wear pants?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Something else that is starting to grate is how Jacqueline - the Editor in Chief - doesn't ever seem to actually work. I realize she's based on Joanna Coles and Coles is a producer, but all we see is how fabulous she is; what with those long jackets and drag queen nannies. I've yet to see anything that resembles any actual knowledge. She's there to give sage advice, walk on her treadmill, and go to meetings with Richard and that's about it.

NYC only has four lesbian bars, so the show wasn't too far off.

Unpopular opinion, but I actually like Pinstripe. Jane needs someone who will push back, and he will. I agree that he shouldn't have been asked to co-write (or so quickly accepted the gig!) when Jane was clearly uncomfortable with it, but he was right not to accept Jane lying to him and he was right to point out that her behavior, not the actual egg-freezing process, was making things weird and heavy between them.

Sutton is always a delight. I can't believe she used to be my least-favorite character. I even liked Richard in this episode, especially when he did Sutton's laundry and shared his laundry tips, and I'm usually pretty "meh" on him, too.

Kat was... Kat. Looks like the show's hinting at her joining that woman's political campaign, which could be interesting. It'll be nice to get her out of this post-relationship funk storyline. 

• Love 4

I really dislike Patrick telling Jane she has to write about her medical business & getting her boyfriend (who it has nothing to do with) to also write about it. I'm pretty sure if she had gone to HR, they wouldn't have allowed it.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Unpopular opinion, but I actually like Pinstripe. Jane needs someone who will push back, and he will. I agree that he shouldn't have been asked to co-write (or so quickly accepted the gig!) when Jane was clearly uncomfortable with it, but he was right not to accept Jane lying to him and he was right to point out that her behavior, not the actual egg-freezing process, was making things weird and heavy between them.

I don't mind Pinstripe much, either. He sometimes has a tendency toward mansplaining, but he's able to get through to Jane in ways that Sutton and Kat won't or can't. The women tend to enable one another more than they should, even if they're also really supportive in a good way.

6 hours ago, GaT said:

I really dislike Patrick telling Jane she has to write about her medical business

Jane was fine with writing her side of it, and I think even volunteered the story in the first place. It was the forcing in of Pinstripe's side that was wrong, IMO. Maybe he could have chimed in at the end, but to be there from the start was wrong. It's not about him right now.

• Love 3

Its slightly worrying when the guys on the show are actually more likeable than the girls. Sutton is ok and Kat will be too once she's gotten out of her Adena rut, but I even like new Digital-guy more than Jane - at least he came round on his snottyness towards Jaqueline at the end and his interactions with Kat are quite good. With Jane I know that the next drama is right around the corner.

Edited by Aulty
  • Love 3

Of course Jane would go on about her own mopey sad prom in the middle of a big prom party for LGBTQ people who are about to lose their home base, and are celebrating the high school experience that it might have been impossible for them to have as teenagers due to intolerance. But Jane clearly had it worse! I mean, she was over her boyfriend! Her dress was itchy! We cant know her pain! Jane is such a Debbie Downer. 

Anyway, I did get why she didnt want Pinstripe to get involved with her medical business, and also I got why he felt that she was pushing him away. I kind of like her new boss, its just fun to see someone who gets under Jane's skin and doesent automatically just let her do whatever she wants. He has some clear boundary issues though that could easily be an issue later. 

Sutton is still my favorite, she just seems like such a fun, likable person to be around. Although, come on Sutton, wear pants when you dont have underwear! Skirts can wait!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

This was....ok. I liked that Patrick ate crow for writing off Jacqueline. Jane's gonna Jane. Oliver's storyline is a blatant ripoff of Karamo from Queer Eye (he unknowingly got his best friend pregnant when they were 14, after seeing him on The Real World she introduced him to their son at age 10, since she was struggling financially he offered to adopt him and his little brother). 

• Love 2

My gut says Jane is going to get pregnant this season. I'll double down and say they'll bring Ben back and they have a Who's The Daddy cliff hanger. They've mentioned Ben a few times now, which makes me think they're trying to remind viewers who he is so they're not confused when he comes back.

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Jane was fine with writing her side of it, and I think even volunteered the story in the first place. It was the forcing in of Pinstripe's side that was wrong, IMO. Maybe he could have chimed in at the end, but to be there from the start was wrong. It's not about him right now.

Yeah, I think Jane did volunteer the story. She had written about her BRCA gene test and she wrote about her company's insurance not covering her egg freezing. So it makes sense she'd want to continue it. Besides, writing about herself is her favorite topic.

It was Patrick who wanted a more interesting angle and pulled in Pinstripe. Which I agree wasn't right,

• Love 3

Did Patrick really say that he was rolling at the prom? That's going to come back and be a storyline right? I know weed is legal now in a lot of states, but still at a work event that's not ok.

One aspect of the Jane storyline that I don't think they really explored was that she might feel uncomfortable because of the whole "should Pinsripe be fertilizing these eggs before I freeze them" aspect?

Loved the laundry scene with Richard and Sutton. And its true, boarding school really does teach you how to do laundry!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tvrox said:

Did Patrick really say that he was rolling at the prom? That's going to come back and be a storyline right? I know weed is legal now in a lot of states, but still at a work event that's not ok.

One aspect of the Jane storyline that I don't think they really explored was that she might feel uncomfortable because of the whole "should Pinsripe be fertilizing these eggs before I freeze them" aspect?

Loved the laundry scene with Richard and Sutton. And its true, boarding school really does teach you how to do laundry!

Ok, I actually know VERY little about drugs (only from tv and movies), but do you “roll” on weed?  I equated that more with like Molly or Ecstasy or something. I think it was something harder than weed. I suspect it won’t be followed up on, but in my opinion that’s a huge deal to be drugs at a work function. If it even is a work function. I think Kat was throwing it and tweeted about it from the business account but otherwise it was a Kat thing, not a magazine sanctioned event. I think everyone was there to support Kat, not because they had to. 

• Love 4

Rolling is usually ecstasy, but I’m old so what do I know what the kids call it nowadays.

Figures that Jane would be her usual downer self and ruin the mood of the prom. I thought that I wouldn’t hate her in an episode when she was tolerable at first, but then kept getting worse and worse. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Whimsy said:

Ok, I actually know VERY little about drugs (only from tv and movies), but do you “roll” on weed?  I equated that more with like Molly or Ecstasy or something. I think it was something harder than weed. I suspect it won’t be followed up on, but in my opinion that’s a huge deal to be drugs at a work function. If it even is a work function. I think Kat was throwing it and tweeted about it from the business account but otherwise it was a Kat thing, not a magazine sanctioned event. I think everyone was there to support Kat, not because they had to. 

Ha, I know very little about drugs too. If it was Molly or Ecstasy that's even worse!

I really wish that Jane's egg storyline had been written better. I don't usually say that about the writing on the show, but I didn't think they captured the awkwardness that Jane was trying to convey to Pinstripe very well. For once, I was actually very okay with Jane wanting things a very particular way and creating distance even if she didn't need to be lying about it.

But unless I'm missing something about why Jane is doing this, the writers could've had Jane say to Pinstripe in much clearer fashion, we are 2 months into this relationship, your being involved with my egg process makes it feel like we're thinking about starting a family together, that these eggs are going to be your future kids, and we are most definitely not in that place. We've know each other awhile, but we just started this relationship, so this isn't a we thing, it's a me thing. So, let me do this on my own with my girls' help and let it be that. I made this decision before you. Don't insert yourself into the process as if I'm setting these eggs aside for a future with you.

I thought that was the real messiness, not wanting to bluntly say that, but the way they left it with her not articulating any of that, it didn't feel like Pinstripe grasped any of that even remotely.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 4/17/2019 at 6:51 PM, sashayshante said:

My gut says Jane is going to get pregnant this season. I'll double down and say they'll bring Ben back and they have a Who's The Daddy cliff hanger. They've mentioned Ben a few times now, which makes me think they're trying to remind viewers who he is so they're not confused when he comes back.

If they do a Jane is pregnant story, she would have to have gotten pregnant after the whole egg retrieval process. There’s no way with all the testing they do that they would “miss” someone already being pregnant, so unless she cheats on Pinstripes no whose the daddy. But I can see a possible accidental pregnancy storyline happening. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, emcmac87 said:

If they do a Jane is pregnant story, she would have to have gotten pregnant after the whole egg retrieval process. There’s no way with all the testing they do that they would “miss” someone already being pregnant, so unless she cheats on Pinstripes no whose the daddy. But I can see a possible accidental pregnancy storyline happening. 

Yeah, and besides, they already sort of touched on a pregnancy scare plot when Jane had to take plan B when the condom broke with Ben last season.

11 hours ago, JasmineFlower said:

But unless I'm missing something about why Jane is doing this, the writers could've had Jane say to Pinstripe in much clearer fashion, we are 2 months into this relationship, your being involved with my egg process makes it feel like we're thinking about starting a family together, that these eggs are going to be your future kids, and we are most definitely not in that place. We've know each other awhile, but we just started this relationship, so this isn't a we thing, it's a me thing. So, let me do this on my own with my girls' help and let it be that. I made this decision before you. Don't insert yourself into the process as if I'm setting these eggs aside for a future with you.

That's why I'm confused why the writers think that tying the egg freezing to Jane's relationships and stupid love triangle makes any sense. Both with Ben and Pinstripe, she'd been banging them, what, max 3 months before this came up and suddenly she has to decide if she sees a future with them or wants them to father her future children? She can't even decide who she wants to bang! The egg issue is just such a arbitrary ultimatum to force relationship drama  ("If you don't let me help with your eggs you must wanna break up!1!!1!"), because in reality, no sex partner of a few weeks should influence your emotions about your own reproductive health - nor should they want to! It's totally unrelated to them.

• Love 3

I thought the resolution between Sutton and Richard was overly simplistic and cutesy. As a board member he likely has a fiduciary duty, so there may very well be things she tells him about work that he can't ethically just pretend not to know. 

Jane and Pinstripe have good chemistry, but I hate the "reformed player" trope so much. Also, I call shenanigans on him being Mr. Perfect Boyfriend. Relationship skills take some practice, and dude was a player until like five minutes ago. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Bubbles said:

I thought the resolution between Sutton and Richard was overly simplistic and cutesy. As a board member he likely has a fiduciary duty, so there may very well be things she tells him about work that he can't ethically just pretend not to know. 

I'm not sure Sutton is really at a level where she'd know something that serious, and if she knows it, someone else probably would, too. I hope if Sutton does tell BoyfriendRichard something BoardMemberRichard should know, the show explores that a bit.

• Love 1

I just fast-forwarded all the tiny Jane / pinstripe stuff this week but I liked everyone else's stories.. I hope they go further with the Alex storyline.. Wasn't sure how that was gonna play out.. Thought maybe they'd throw a curve and the encounter would be a bit more grey than it seems it was.. As it stands seemed like Alex agreed that he was in the fault... And I'm good with that.. Tho I wish they would showed some of him talking about how it hurt that she insinuated that him helping her out by reading her stuff was conditional on her giving it up.. If it was me I'd be livid at that as well... 

• Love 2