Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I knew Josh would go home tonight. Not one person felt comfortable with him. I guess he was a lone wolf like he said. 

At one point tonight the whooping and screaming got so loud I had to turn the volume down. If I were there I'd have to wear earplugs. 

My favourite shot from last night which I forgot to mention was LaToya standing in the ball pit absolutely stone-faced. I thought that was hilarious. 

• Love 1

I did feel bad for Josh, he was rather lost the whole time, tho he did seem to be one of the few who realized that the Bros would most likely be forming an alliance, he just didn't see how many were aligned. 
I'm glad the team thing is done, gives more options for nominations. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Melina22 said:

My favourite shot from last night which I forgot to mention was LaToya standing in the ball pit absolutely stone-faced. I thought that was hilarious. 

Ha! Same! Mostly because that would totally be me: some of the immature antics would be so grating to someone a bit more mature, though I'm on the fence about LaToya after her weirdly off-putting dismissal of Julie's request to talk.

• Love 2

I so want Ro to Go!

He keeps telling vic that he's a cool, calm person as he runs from one person to the next ranting and raving about his name coming out of people's mouths.... 🙄

IT'S BIG BROTHER THATS WHAT HAPPENS!

Ro hasn't shut up about it for HOURS!... He's such a whiney little bitch!

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 3

I am liking Victoria so much. All I could think of when she was looking for her slipper was Jeff and the clown shoe. Lol

I am not really feeling Latoya or Beth. They are both annoying. 

I felt bad for Josh when everyone was so obviously cheering against him in the POV. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, funandfitpt said:

I felt bad for Josh when everyone was so obviously cheering against him in the POV. 

I listened to Taran's exit interview with Josh last night. Josh seemed surprisingly calm and happy with his situation. I'm sure it helped that he got to spend several days in the house instead of being one of those brutal first-day boots. 

Plus he just seems like a confident and self-reliant kind of person, not thrilled to be out but not devastated either. He wasn't bitter and was unusually interesting to listen to. Taran seemed to really enjoy him. 

• Love 1

Victoria is proving to be a lot more strategic than I expected, despite her head-scratching hair choice. And I'm really starting to like Kiefer as a person. Tonight I finally started to feel engaged in this season. 

The Wendy segments always bug me because I invariably end up thinking how cold and soggy the food must be by the time they get it. I mean, it's not Survivor - they aren't starving enough to enjoy cold fast food. 

• Love 2
On 3/13/2021 at 11:52 AM, funandfitpt said:

I am liking Victoria so much. All I could think of when she was looking for her slipper was Jeff and the clown shoe. Lol

I am not really feeling Latoya or Beth. They are both annoying. 

Total clown shoe moment! Glad I'm not the only one who had that thought!

So when the alpha bros were in the HOH room talking to Victoria, they used the royal "we" constantly, and made it super obvious they were a solid unit, along with LaToya (not so subtle boys: you're going to need to up your game if you want to survive). Please tell me Victoria picked up on that! They didn't show her making that observation, but I hope she did.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Scofflaw said:

So when the alpha bros were in the HOH room talking to Victoria, they used the royal "we" constantly, and made it super obvious they were a solid unit, along with LaToya (not so subtle boys: you're going to need to up your game if you want to survive). Please tell me Victoria picked up on that! They didn't show her making that observation, but I hope she did.   

She did. She mentioned it when she was talking to someone that it was clear that they and LaToya were together.

• Love 2
On 3/11/2021 at 7:46 AM, himela said:

Well be ready to see Beth in the final three with her TWO showmances, Ty and Jed.

NOPE. LOL.

I will only accept Jed and Ty and the word "showmance" together if they are in it with each other. No flirtmances, it would be staring at each other, eyeing each other with nothing but pure lust in their eyes until it becomes too much to bear, and there's no turning back.

Okay that is very much a G-rated version of how the scenes between Jed and Ty should play. But damn, my mind goes to some amazingly dirty places every time those two are onscreen.

They may be even better than last season's Chris and His Amazing Thighs (I just watched the episode where Season 8 has to say goodbye and damn, Chris was amazing in his super-tight jeans).

• Love 1

Can't stand Victoria... her hair looks awful and she needs to stop yelling.. She was bursting everyone's eardrums on the feeds the other night with her nonstop hollering about everything.

I don't understand Tina and her casual attitude about personal hygiene... If your feet stink up the room when you take your shoes off... GO TAKE A SHOWER!!.. or at least go wash your feet.....but nope not Tina she just acknowledges that her feet smell like rotten cheese but she crawls into bed anyways and hopes the covers with contain the stink...ugh!!!

• Love 1

I'm not a fan of Latoya but I liked that she stuck up for Kiefer, they were ganging up on him. And I loved her saying (paraphrase), of course your names are coming out of people's mouths, this is big brother! 

• Love 4

Yes! Kiefer said something similar when Kyle was complaining that people were going in and out of rooms. He said, of course we were! It's Big Brother. I like it when people say that, rather than feel guilty and blab everything, or endlessly justify themselves to people who aren't listening anyway. 

That said, there's a surprising amount of relatively level-headed people in this group. Even tonight, we didn't see things spiral into total chaos with people screaming and crying. People were upset but kept things reasonably civil. I like that. 

I had to laugh when LaToya said to Victoria that she wanted to speak then she'd listen to Victoria. V. said, good idea or something, and LaToya added "because that's how conversations work." It was very passive-aggressive, but also true, and it made me laugh. 

• Love 1

Awww. I'm sort of sad to say goodbye to LaToya and her bonkers wardrobe. I loved the contrast between her crazy clothes and her steely, logical demeanor. I think she was half Vulcan. 

I wish the bingo segment had gone on longer. It was very entertaining, although I did enjoy the humour of seeing everyone dressed as senior citizens. 

Finally, I hate, hate, HATE them making the evicted houseguests wear masks. It drives me crazy not to see their faces, possibly for the last time. And why?? They're miles away from the nearest human. Can't Arissa wear a mask? 

• Love 1

It makes no sense for the evicted hg to wear a mask. They're literally in quarantine and (i think) getting tested weekly (at least bbus was). If anyone should be wearing a mask it's Arissa but really they're sitting so far apart that neither needs to wear one.

When Arissa announced the hoh comp, anyone else notice she said something like, and yes, you will know the winner this episode.  They must have gotten a lot of complaints last week for not showing the whole comp. I hate the hoh "cliff hanger" which seems to be the norm over on bbus. The only time the winner shouldn't be determined by end of episode is if its an endurance comp.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

If anyone should be wearing a mask it's Arissa but really they're sitting so far apart that neither needs to wear one.

They did this on US BB too, and it drove me crazy. After investing so much time in watching these people, we want to see their faces when they're evicted, whether we loved them or hated them. It's very unsatisfying, especially when there's no medical reason for it. 

• Love 1

I am really enjoying this season. I like most of the players and am rooting for the Oddballs. Victoria absolutely owned that HOH. She got out her intended target and pretty much tied Jed's hands on using the POV. I don't think she's long for this game, but I have truly enjoyed her. She'd probably annoy me if I was there, but I'm not so I like her.

I like that there is a clear line between the two sides. Reminds me of old time BB. A lot of these people are playing a hard game and are not the as influencers trying to get followers. You can tell they really love the game and aren't afraid to "get blood on their hands".

I didn't think I'd like the members of the Glossy (whatever their name is) alliance, but I loving them. Watching Breydon run to the diary room in his bingo ball costume was hilarious. 

• Love 6

I'm enjoying this season so far also.  I like that no one is bowing down to the presumed stronger players in the hope that they will garner favor in the weeks to follow and be dragged along.  Victoria plays without fear, which is refreshing.  I expect she will be a target if the bros win HOH.  I love how they caved into her demands tho, don't know if I've ever seen that.  I didn't care for Latoya at all, so glad she's gone, she came across as very arrogant in my opinion.  Her saying over and over that Victoria was never her target, how was Victoria supposed to know that?

• Love 4

I think Victoria should submit the clip of that whole confrontation in the HOH room with the bro boys, LaToya and Beth as part of her job resume. Anyone who can handle conflict like that has a seriously valuable skillset that would be useful in a ton of situations.

I still think she'd drive me insane if I had to live with her - I don't like loud and extra - but she completely impressed me with how she handled that.

(And how different from LaToya, who constantly said she was keeping it real (also: that phrase can eff off and die any time) and claimed to want to avoid conflict, but was actually super passive-aggressive.)

I wish we could get more insight into Braedon. I feel like I have no sense of who he really is. I can't stand the over the top vocal fry, and he speaks in cliches, but I'd love to know what he's really like. I think I'd like him, but it's hard to tell from what we've been shown.    

• Love 3

Well, we know for sure he doesn't appreciate having to dress like a giant bingo ball. Usually the hamsters pretend they don't love wearing their unitards or whatever while secretly loving the attention, but Braedon's facial expressions were telling me he genuinely did not want to be seen in the blue monstrosity. I can't remember how long he had to wear it, but on last night's show we only saw it for about a minute. 

He also seemed pretty unhappy with having to jump in the hot tub fully clothed, although it's possible he knew he was destroying expensive clothing in the process. 

So yeah, neither of these things were very revealing of his real personality. 😁

• LOL 1
On 3/19/2021 at 8:23 AM, wintrygal said:

I'm enjoying this season so far also.  I like that no one is bowing down to the presumed stronger players in the hope that they will garner favor in the weeks to follow and be dragged along.  Victoria plays without fear, which is refreshing.  I expect she will be a target if the bros win HOH.  I love how they caved into her demands tho, don't know if I've ever seen that.  I didn't care for Latoya at all, so glad she's gone, she came across as very arrogant in my opinion.  Her saying over and over that Victoria was never her target, how was Victoria supposed to know that?

As am I, especially after what happened last season. I really thought Screamy McScreamerson would annoy the shit out of me, but I am very glad she did not back down, as I was certain she would. And it was pretty refreshing that the guys caved. But we shall see what happens with Jedson, Tychon and Victoria now that Kiefer is HOH. 

I didn't like Latoya either, her friendship with Kiefer notwithstanding. That scene where she stood up to Kyle and Rohan when they ambushed Kiefer, followed by her shutting down Rohan demanding answers while he yelled that he was Very Fucking Calm Thank You Very Much, was probably the only time I was fully on her side. I agreed with a lot of what she said a lot of the time, it was just the way she said it. As @Scofflaw noted above when she dismissed Julie outright, she was off-putting with her arrogance and hostility to her walking out the door. Could you imagine if she had stayed and won power at some point?

One of the many reasons I could never be in the BBCAN house is that it drives me fucking crazy when people get right in someone's face demanding answers and will continue demanding answers, but if you try to demand answers from them or defend yourself in any way, then they're all "I am DONE talking!" or some other bullshit. This isn't directed at Latoya in particular, but it is just so infuriating when it happens to you.

Edited by HeShallBMySquishy
Forgot a word
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

people get right in someone's face demanding answers and will continue demanding answers,

I was thinking just this when they were grilling Kiefer. I kept hoping that either he or someone else when being harassed would calmly say, "This is Big Brother. We all have our own way of playing. I don't need to explain my strategy to you." Someone like a Dr Will could have done it, but most players just fall all over themselves justifying and explaining. It never works. 

• Love 4

Definitely. And kudos to Latoya for stepping up like that. Not everyone does well with confrontation, and certainly not everyone would be willing to intervene. As much as I'd like to say I would step up, I think I'd be more like Tera, and just silently leave. But yeah, no matter who's involved and whatever the reason, this following-people-after-they-leave-the-conversation thing has to stop. (Rohan can fuck right off with that.)

On 3/19/2021 at 2:30 PM, Scofflaw said:

I think Victoria should submit the clip of that whole confrontation in the HOH room with the bro boys, LaToya and Beth as part of her job resume. Anyone who can handle conflict like that has a seriously valuable skillset that would be useful in a ton of situations.

I still think she'd drive me insane if I had to live with her - I don't like loud and extra - but she completely impressed me with how she handled that.

(And how different from LaToya, who constantly said she was keeping it real (also: that phrase can eff off and die any time) and claimed to want to avoid conflict, but was actually super passive-aggressive.)  

I am Team Victoria after this week, and I really didn't think I'd say that upon the first episode, but here we are. 🙂 She handled that exactly how I wish I handled confrontation, and I have to say, bravo for not backing down. (And she handled Latoya's plain old aggressive "because that is how conversations work" bullshit a lot more graciously than I would have.)

As for the keeping it real: every time I've encountered someone who says they like to Keep It Real, they're usually an asshole who think Keeping It Real gives them carte blanche to say whatever horrible awful shit they want, but don't blame them because they're just keepin' it real. And every time, they have always been surrounded by enablers who say, "Don't blame them, they're just keepin' it real." For some reason, I've come across a lot of those people.

• Love 3

I will add one more thing we know about Breydon: he is never far from Austin's side for very long. Various houseguests have mentioned that it's near-impossible, and getting pretty annoying, to get Austin alone for longer than 30 seconds before Breydon shows up. And getting Breydon himself alone is impossible since he insists on Austin being there every time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/20/2021 at 11:17 PM, HeShallBMySquishy said:

As for the keeping it real: every time I've encountered someone who says they like to Keep It Real, they're usually an asshole who think Keeping It Real gives them carte blanche to say whatever horrible awful shit they want, but don't blame them because they're just keepin' it real. And every time, they have always been surrounded by enablers who say, "Don't blame them, they're just keepin' it real." For some reason, I've come across a lot of those people.

100%. (Ha: another annoying phrase used way too often on these shows.) "Keeping it real" means "I'm going to be an asshole now" every single time.

21 hours ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

I will add one more thing we know about Breydon: he is never far from Austin's side for very long. Various houseguests have mentioned that it's near-impossible, and getting pretty annoying, to get Austin alone for longer than 30 seconds before Breydon shows up. And getting Breydon himself alone is impossible since he insists on Austin being there every time.

Ack! This is going to put both of them in jeopardy! And while Breydon would deserve it for actively doing it, I don't want Austin to suffer because of it (and she's the stronger player, so if they're going to break up that twosome, she would probably be the target).

• Love 1

Nice episode. Beth has always annoyed me but I liked how she responded to Victoria tonight, refusing to get drawn into a fight. She admitted what was true, denied what was false, and refused to engage after that. Well played. Also, I adore her dress. 

As a devout tattoo hater, I was shocked to realize tonight that I don't hate Kiefer's tattoos. They're so simply and beautifully drawn, and obviously meaningful to him. 

I like how there are so many duos in the house, instead of a giant alliance vs everyone else. 

Austin and Kyle in the ball pit... what a weird, funny visual. 

This is actually a pretty low-key, mature group, the exact opposite of what the first episode led us to expect. I'm on board with this. Of all of them, I think Victoria would enjoy a good fight the most, but it seems she's picked the wrong crowd. 

• Love 1

I am officially sick of Keifer, come on, what more proof do you need of where you stand in your alliance, when they're the only people who tried to vote you out last week--you're on the bottom!  It dosen't matter that they did it to save a stronger alliance member, you are dispensable to them.

His speech was terrible, and Kiefer?  Respect is earned and works both ways. No one owes you a 'heart felt' apology, it's Big Brother, they're playing the game same as you are. 

Does he also realize that even tho there are a lot of duos in the house, there is also a trio right under his nose, and within his so called alliance, with Beth and the Bros?    God these people are so frustrating to watch. 

• Love 3

I am sick of Kiefer too.  He is just annoying to watch and listen to.  I hope he is the next to go because it is what he deserves. What is left of the Sunsetters is using him.  But he is too stubborn to accept it. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Nice episode. Beth has always annoyed me but I liked how she responded to Victoria tonight, refusing to get drawn into a fight. She admitted what was true, denied what was false, and refused to engage after that. Well played. Also, I adore her dress. 

As a devout tattoo hater, I was shocked to realize tonight that I don't hate Kiefer's tattoos. They're so simply and beautifully drawn, and obviously meaningful to him. 

I like how there are so many duos in the house, instead of a giant alliance vs everyone else.

Beth has annoyed me from the start, but I liked her response as well. And has there ever been so many obvious pairs in the house before? Right from the start, people have not mentioned Jed without mentioning Ty, or Austin without Breydon (and Tina/Tera and Kyle/Rohan once they became part of the narrative).

And a big YES to no massive alliance running the house. The House has become such a dominant alliance in seasons past, here and BBUS, that it is so welcome to have the power shift week-to-week. In the threads for Big Brother 22, someone pointed out that the last time we saw a weekly power shift was all the way back in Big Brother 15, and that it's been The House alliance ever since. Not sure how true that is, since I really don't want to wade into BB15, the Summer of Racism. (I'd rather watch BBCAN6 again, AKA The Season No One Talks About.)

17 hours ago, wintrygal said:

I am officially sick of Keifer, come on, what more proof do you need of where you stand in your alliance, when they're the only people who tried to vote you out last week--you're on the bottom!  It dosen't matter that they did it to save a stronger alliance member, you are dispensable to them.

His speech was terrible, and Kiefer?  Respect is earned and works both ways. No one owes you a 'heart felt' apology, it's Big Brother, they're playing the game same as you are. 

Does he also realize that even tho there are a lot of duos in the house, there is also a trio right under his nose, and within his so called alliance, with Beth and the Bros?    God these people are so frustrating to watch.

8 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I am sick of Kiefer too.  He is just annoying to watch and listen to.  I hope he is the next to go because it is what he deserves. What is left of the Sunsetters is using him.  But he is too stubborn to accept it. 

Word. I wish more people would realize that.

Kiefer has this pathetic need to be liked and he's let it cloud his judgment bigly. Is bottom of the pecking order worse than being expendable? His victim-whining is getting intolerable and insufferable: "Poor me, everyone's betrayed me, WAH!" He wants to take out a couple, but steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that he's being used, by the same trio who voted him out last week.

Also, the guy can NOT keep his lies straight. He seems to be under the impression that he can keep telling different shit to different people and somehow thinks they're not going to compare notes? Jesus Christ. He's told so many lies within the space of a few days, that one long conversation between any two people from different factions is going to expose him good. He'll be gone soon.

Spoiler

Also, after making these nominations, Kiefer spent the next few days hiding, but now he's out there puffing out his chest, telling anyone who will listen that he was thisclose (THISCLOSE, y'all!) to telling off Kyle and Rohan in the pantry. And he's been painting that entire incident as him being bullied by Kyle and Ro, which, no.

• Love 2
On 3/22/2021 at 11:58 AM, Scofflaw said:

100%. (Ha: another annoying phrase used way too often on these shows.) "Keeping it real" means "I'm going to be an asshole now" every single time.

Ack! This is going to put both of them in jeopardy! And while Breydon would deserve it for actively doing it, I don't want Austin to suffer because of it (and she's the stronger player, so if they're going to break up that twosome, she would probably be the target).

I was going to mention this too, but I forgot. I have come around on Austin after finding her a big BLAH during the first few episodes and I hope she goes far, but she and Breydon been referred to as a Package Deal, and, while it is great to have your ride-or-die, being referred to as a Package Deal from the outset is not good. I am curious though to see how Breydon plays without Austin though (if Austin is the one to be targeted first from that duo, that is).

Jed calls Austin "sketch"; I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that Jed laid his flirt game on thick with Austin on Day 2 and, unlike Beth, she batted it away. I'm sure both of those are completely unrelated.

• Love 4
On 3/22/2021 at 7:00 PM, Melina22 said:

Whoa. I just said this same thing to a friend, almost verbatim. I love them too! It's the simplicity that appeals to me, I think.

• Love 2

That was enjoyable. The mole comp was ridiculous but weirdly entertaining. 

I'm enjoying Tina and Tera In the Morning. They're snarky but not mean. 

I never expected Braedon to be such a quiet background player. Wonder what he'll do if Austin leaves? 

Invisible HoH? 

Kiefer is playing a confusing game. It might even work for him because no one will be able to figure out his strategy. 

As tonight's show ended, everyone appeared to have the exact same total. If there's a three way tie, how on earth will they pick an HoH? 

Funniest moment for me was when Kyle  was in the ball pit saying he didn't know what the word hypocrisy meant, after using it on Kiefer. Ro was laughing along, then stopped and said, "Wait, you mean you really don't know what it means?" Then Kyle asked if hypocrisy was the same as being a hypocrite. He's quite the Einstein. 😁

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, Melina22 said:

As tonight's show ended, everyone appeared to have the exact same total. If there's a three way tie, how on earth will they pick an HoH? 

I think they'll gradually speed up the conveyor and add more and more rocks so it won't be quite as easy to count. My biggest question is if the HoH is supposed to be invisible , will they be able to tell anyone that they won? Some good potential here but a lot of questions.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, LakeGal said:

A couple of former HGs (Adam Pike & Hamza) think Tina won HOH.  Not sure why they think that though.

Nope. It's Vic. She is now thinking of nominatinh herself and Austin so that people don't think she is the HoH.

5 hours ago, Melina22 said:

That's either brilliant or the worst idea in BBCan history. Imagine sending yourself home! 

I'd pay to see that happen, it would be so funny, I think there are people who want her gone!

• Love 1

That episode was very entertaining. "She would not double slop herself." 😁

I'm so glad Victoria won HoH because she's having so much fun with it. I loved her screaming soundlessly after the win, knowing she could have brought the house down if she was allowed to make noise. 

The scene where she told Kiefer was hilarious. He's so gullible! So funny. 

3 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

What!? Is it just me or was that a waste of nominations?

Probably. They're not who I was expecting. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

Total waste of a wonderful opportunity to break up that threesome, also so predictable, I always end up disappointed with these twists.  I don't know what she's hoping to accomplish by this, who's going to be left to go after the big dudes?  Austen was maybe one of the few who would, but they're hellbent on getting rid of her, chicken shit move Victoria.  I don't know why they keep saying that Auston is a big threat, granted she won one HOH, but Victoria and Keifer have won more than that, so really the two of them are the bigger threats.

I also hate it when contestants whine that 'so and so' didn't/dosen't talk to me, well, did you talk to her??  Conversation is a two way street, you didn't want her to talk to you, you wanted her to kiss your butt. 

Personally I think Vic is flattered by the attention from the bros, and wants to be part of the cool kids club, but I think it will bite her in the end. 

5 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

• Love 4