Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada - General Discussion

• Start Topic

They need to do something to break up the Ugly boys alliance, I refuse to call them the Pretty boys, as none of them are pretty in my opinion. 

What was the point of having Canada send Damien into the house early, he found the veto but wasn't allowed to take/use it?  He has no idea how to play the game, he knew within minutes of the boys alliance but has no power to do anything about it, seems unable to win anything, but I do like him.  Can't stand Sam, Adam or Keira, the one who thinks she's in tight with the big alliance, and who seems to think the HOH room is hers even tho Chelsea told her they couldn't be hanging out there all the time.  She can leave anytime.  She was some cocky considering she managed to stay in the house by virture of one vote in a tie. 

Who will get the Spy Video I wonder?  Hope it's the one they're trying to backdoor, please Canada, I want something to happen!

• Love 1

That episode made me uncomfortable. 

The first part was very meh. Bingo? Really? 

Then the Machiavellian plotting began. And for some reason, it bothered me. Not sure why exactly. Maybe because it felt more back-stabby than usual. 

Bottom line : never, ever estimate a "beauty queen". Reality tv over the years has taught me that no one is smarter, more competitive, tougher or more resourceful than a woman who has successfully navigated the pageant circuit. 

That said, I think Chelsea is making too many waves. BB winners need to be much smoother, like Dr. Will, or Derrick Lavasseur or Kim Spradlin. (Sorry. She was Survivor but very smooth.) I suspect Chelsea is getting too much "dirt on her hands" to quote Sam. 

• Love 1

I like Damien and am glad he stayed. I laughed so hard when Adam just dropped Sam when Chelsea entered. I think he's going to be in trouble after Sam heard him talking. They are both pretty annoying so I will be happy when they leave. Dane is growing on me, but I wish he would keep his teeth in. I really like Kiki and Este.

• Love 4

There's nobody I really love this season but at least I have people to root against. Sam & Adam are annoying af but I think I'd take them over Kyra (sp?) any day.  She's just miserable to watch and probably just as miserable to be around. 

5 hours ago, funandfitpt said:

Dane is growing on me, but I wish he would keep his teeth in.

Agreed.  I know they probably told him to take his teeth out because that's his "gimmick" but it's really irritating to watch.  Not because of how it looks but because it makes him difficult to understand when he talks.  Why do we keep getting these confessionals from him where he has this huge lisp/affectation because of the missing teeth?  I'd much rather he put his teeth in so we could hear him properly.

I like Damien too but it's starting to really bug me that Canada keeps voting for him to get these secret advantages and then those advantages turn out to be useless.   Getting to spy on people when he first entered the house really didn't make much difference and those videos he got to watch last episode were also useless.   Oooooh Mark says he's a good liar and Sam says she's a mediocre liar...how do those generic soundbites give him any sort of advantage? Just give him that damn Super Blood Veto or whatever it is already!

• Love 6
On 3/6/2019 at 5:20 PM, Melina22 said:

Well, that was fun! I'd forgotten how the premiere of Bbcan is always so widely OTP. It always cracks me up. 

I'm looking forward to watching tomorrow. I don't know who first evicted will be, but I don't think the 42 year old psychic will be there long. Older women tend to fare badly on these shows and I doubt if they bought her being 29. (I'll bet she was terrified that was the secret they were going to blab.) 

Sorry Melina22, I have to laugh at this: Kailyn wasn't fooling anyone. She was immediately pegged as not 29 by all the houseguests.

• LOL 1

I finally saw the eviction episode. Pretty entertaining. I'm not clear on why everyone voted against Kailyn though. What am I missing? 

Kailyn did way better than I expected. People genuinely seemed to like her. I find it hard not to make snarky remarks about the failure of her psychic abilities to warn her, but that would be a cheap shot. 

Agreed about Damien's underwhelming clues. "I lie well." "I lie badly." Yeah, that was worth an hour of sneaking around. 

I'm curious to see if overhearing Adam and Dane's conversation will put any kind of dent in the showmance. Adam never said anything all that damning, like "I'm pretending to be in love with Sam." I expect her to get over her annoyance very fast, unfortunately. 

• Love 1

Wow, I really do forget about most of these people the second they leave my tv screen. I had no clue who that was when the Wendy’s window opened. Even after Dane said her name, I was like “Who the hell is Kaela?” So I Googled her and, not only was she on the show just last season, she finished in 2nd place. Yet I swear I have literally no recollection of her whatsoever. 

I only remember her because she's from where I live. 

I don't have a lot to say about tonight's episode except that I'm amazed at how Corey has slipped so seamlessly into the house. Coming in last usually makes people into targets but somehow, probably through her friendly and calm personality, she's been flying under the radar beautifully. 

So the only thing more annoying than Dane having his teeth out, is him flipping them in and out of his mouth with his tongue like he did during the HOH comp. As Eddie would say, Ewww. 

That said, he might look like a big goof, but he has incredible reflexes and seems to be playing a very smart and cutthroat game. People probably trust him too much because of his appearance. He's like a book with the wrong cover, as a friend of mine used to say. 

• Love 1

Right now I'm rooting for the underdogs. Well, who knows if they really are the underdogs or just being edited like that but, Kiki, Este, Corey, Damian and Eddie need to kick it up a notch and start winning stuff and start kicking out the "popular kids". 

• Love 4

For a moment there when Kyra, Chelsea and Sam were talking about Adam and Dane's alliance I was actually thinking, these 3 are moving higher up on my like list, maybe I spoke too soon about wanting the "popular kids" out. Then Chelsea's talking head: I trust Adam, he has my best interests at heart, I'm sure he and Dane are close but I trust he's working with me. I'm like, nope! You gotta go! (And I hope Adam is next!)

Mark helping Kyra on that balance beam was sweet. Even though he's in the pretty boy alliance I think I'm good with him. 

• Love 4

I'm actually good with everybody in the Pretty Boy alliance except Adam.  As individuals, they all seem like nice guys.  It's a shame the person who formed their alliance insisted on making it bros before hos (except his ho, apparently) and giving it such an obnoxious name. 

I actually found myself really rooting for Sam to win the veto so that somehow all 3 of them would stay and then go after the guys.  It's funny how it seems like it's been the same handful of people going after each other and half the people in the house haven't really had to even play yet.  I know Chelsea is a goner but I'd much rather have her stay over Kyra.  Kyra is just exhausting.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 2

Don't have to count sheep to fall asleep, just have to watch BBCan.  Way to waste a double eviction Adam, get out a big threat like Eddie, rah..rah..but since Sam has stolen his balls, jeez....gutless wonders.

Please don't let Gummer Dane win HOH again, I can.not.stand.him and his gaping maw!

I actually didn't like Eddie that much. I thought his talking heads were really cocky but when he was crying right before the pov ceremony I admit it pulled at the heartstrings. 

So that's the 2nd of 3 final 2 deals Corey made that she's voted out. Who was the 3rd one? Was it Damien? 

Of course Adam's not going to get out a big threat, they're all in his Alliance!! 

• Love 1

I know all the meatheads are in his alliance but having said that, it seemed to me that it was Sam who decided who should go up, she really needs to go.   I'm not really upset about Eddie, he was just there and that's about all you can say about him.  I just want some excitement, and watching them all step in line and vote the same is pissing me off, can not one person even throw in a hinky vote?

Can't believe Cory has flown under the radar all this time, thought she'd be gone asap, but she dosen't seem to be on anyone's radar at all. 

• Love 1

This could be the cutest Arisa has ever looked. Not too many women could pull off a pinky/orangey feathery dress but she looks adorable. 

Mark: "I want to be the one to slay the great Dane." Ha! 

Oh Eddie! You did NOT just tell Corey she looks 40, not 29! Why don't you ask her when she's due while you're at it? 

Very gracious and poised exit by Chelsea. 

Awwwwww, Eddie looks shattered. "I'm sorry I was boring." I feel bad for him now.

Edited by Melina22

This is way better than the celebrity edition. I thought my original lack of interest in this show might be a smidge ageist...as I approach "get off my lawn" territory myself. lol And yes there still is a high-school clique element that brings back flashbacks, but overall I'm enjoying the strategies and guessing who/how the votes will play out.

Now to the fun stuff - snarking and kudos...

Kiki's matte brown lipstick looked like it was applied using a milk chocolate coloured crayon... or poo. Also, too bad she's into Dane... I lost a little respect for her there. (although he's surprising me with his good game!)

Adam - There's something wrong with that mustache! A tad evil cartoon character-ish. Plus he's not the sharpest tool in the toolshed, but he seems to think he's "all that" in the house. Okay, sure Jan. Can't wait for him to be gone... preferably blindsided.

Eddie - bye-eeee! The seamless shift between obsequious toadying and sly nastiness, was a total disconnect for me. He wasn't boring, he was unlikeable.

Chelsea just can't help herself with getting her closeups on all available cameras! lol. I was squirming last week when she was practically drunk on power during her hoh stint. What a turnaround this week for her! Yet I was almost rooting for her to stay..., probably because Kiera annoys me to distraction.

Sam must be ovulating! Please dial that back omg.

That food competition was so gross last week, I practically gagged, as slop water rained down off their hair onto the plate and whatever that was they were cramming into their mouths. Blek.

I would have liked to have seen more of Caylin (psychic lady) so too bad about that. I think she could have been interesting.

I'm glad Corey won that competition. She needs to step up her game though.

Still too early to say who I'd like to see win.

Anyone know how many episodes are in a season?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pass the Tequila said:

Kiki's matte brown lipstick looked like it was applied using a milk chocolate coloured crayon... or poo. Also, too bad she's into Dane... I lost a little respect for her there. (although he's surprising me with his good game!)

Agreed. Does dark brown lipstick ever look good on anyone?

I also find it surprising that she likes Dane so much. Apparently everyone in there thinks he's wonderful, possibly because they haven't seen the snarky, scheming side of him that we have. I guess his charisma is stronger than his lack of teeth. Am I being gummophobic?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Dammit, why do the double evictions never go the way we want them to? It was obvious that Chelsea was going and then Eddie was a non-entity so...good job Adam! (Cannot stand him!)  I wish Mark had won just to see if he would have followed through with all his big talk about backdooring Dane. Doubt it though.

I absolutely HATE that we're getting a season of wusses who vote with the house.  These unanimous votes are so boring. 

• Love 2

I don't understand how Sam can believe anything Adam says. He's like the worst liar in the world. He gets this deer-in-the-headlights look and starts stumbling over his words yet she never does anything about it.  I think she absolutely knows he's in an alliance with the guys but she's willfully ignoring it because she wants to keep her boy toy around.  

I'm quite irritated that Canada kept trying to give Damien that Blood Veto and it ended up just being a free-for-all.  What was the point of of even voting for those useless advantages? And I don't understand why they didn't ALL fight for it.  Why were they all being so nonchalant about it? And it ended up with Kyra of all people. UGH.

Nice to see Rozina again.  I liked her.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

advantages? And I don't understand why they didn't ALL fight for it.  Why

I know! Of course they needed to be unanimous. To be honest I must not have been paying attention during the rules because I couldn't figure out why anyone did or didn't want it. 

I know I'm being super pedantic, but the thing that bugged me the most was when Sam was watching Kiki make a shocked face on the cam during the veto discussion, and said, "Look! She's mortified!" 

Why doesn't anyone know what mortified means? As far as I can tell, the majority of people seem to think it means scared or stunned. It does not! It means embarrassed or humiliated. 

Also, so what if Kiki looked shocked or nervous. She had good reason. Why did Sam treat it as such a red flag? It's like when Survivors treat people who search for immunity idols like they have leprosy. It's part of the game! You're supposed to look for them! I guess it's all part of the weird, paranoid groupthink that sets in during these games. 

• Love 3

I'll admit that was one thing I'll agree with Adam about. He said to Sam something like, if he was worried he was going on the block he would have sat there all day long to get that veto and he couldn't believe they gave it up so easily. 

33 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I know! Of course they needed to be unanimous. To be honest I must not have been paying attention during the rules because I couldn't figure out why anyone did or didn't want it. 

The only two people that said they wanted it was Kyra and Este. Even Kiki was like, I know I'm going on the block and I don't want it. And then the way it was edited it looked like only Adam and Mark were being vocal about who out of Kyra and Este would get it. The rest of the house just went along with what was decided. 

• Love 1
On 3/26/2019 at 10:42 PM, Samwise979 said:

I think the rule was that they can't bring the pizza with them to the buzzer. But I agree with you, all the chewing should have had to been done at the table as well. 

I thought they said they had to eat Pizza at the table, so it was very questionable.  It was even highlighted more when a confessional said that he just put it in his mouth and it went straight down.  No it didn't, the editors showed his chewing it, their mistake if they wanted to make out otherwise.

Anyway I wish Chelsea had kept in over Kyra as she's just more competitive.

Sam is in a hard position as she took Kiki off the block but despite that Kiki has still been gunning for her.  And Kiki's pal seems to ignore all the words about Dane being in a men's alliance.  And some of the men like Mark and Anthony don't apparently talk much outside of their 'pretty boys' alliance.  And when someone like Cory is put in late they have to just keep under the radar.  You won't find the more fluid gameplay of Survivor. 

At this rate, the pretty boys will be final 4 and have to eat their own. Or maybe it's being edited to look that way...at least to me it does.

I sure hope not because that would be boring. I see too many players being all talk no action... and playing it safe. Yawn.

• Love 1

Oh shoot, I forgot to mention...you guys make some excellent points. Especially about why the veto necklace or whatever it's called wasn't fiercely competed over. I listened to the rules, and the players spent time confused and speculating over their lack of clarity too...then mentioned some risks. Eg if you have the veto and use it on someone else, could a twist happen that would allow for you then to be put on the block. Or at least this was my take on it. Still, so what? Taking that necklace would have been the hill I'd choose to die on.... and then let the games begin!

Their decision was just disappointing.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Pass the Tequila said:

I sure hope not because that would be boring. I see too many players being all talk no action... and playing it safe. Yawn.

Usually, one of my pet peeves is when people constantly complain that shows are boring. But I'm actually finding this season of BbCan a little... boring, or at least sort of uneventful. I was definitely more entertained by last season. 

Is it possible that the cast this season is... too normal and well adjusted? Or are the personalities too regular-sized? I'd hate to think I tune in for trainwrecks and fighting. I've never been a Jerry Springer fan. At the same time, watching people sitting around discussing strategy in tense voices isn't that riveting. 

Casting for this shows must be insanely difficult. You want big, colourful personalities, and a certain amount of conflict and tension, but you have to avoid people with mental illness or personality disorders. But everyone can't be too compatible or well adjusted or sensible because you never get any surprises or fireworks or the strange alchemy that makes for a great season. 

Right now, I'd settle for a little more laughing and silliness. People are getting too quiet and serious as the game wears on. Maybe all the fun people got kicked out? 

• Love 2
(edited)

I really hope the blood veto allows Kyra to save one or both nominees and then make they're own nominations which can include the veto winner and they take both Kiki and Mark down and put Adam and Dane up. Kyra may be the ONLY one that has enough guts to do that.

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Is it possible that the cast this season is... too normal and well adjusted? Or are the personalities too regular-sized? I'd hate to think I tune in for trainwrecks and fighting. I've never been a Jerry Springer fan. At the same time, watching people sitting around discussing strategy in tense voices isn't that riveting. 

Casting for this shows must be insanely difficult. You want big, colourful personalities, and a certain amount of conflict and tension, but you have to avoid people with mental illness or personality disorders. But everyone can't be too compatible or well adjusted or sensible because you never get any surprises or fireworks or the strange alchemy that makes for a great season. 

Right now, I'd settle for a little more laughing and silliness. People are getting too quiet and serious as the game wears on. Maybe all the fun people got kicked out? 

I think the Canadian BB always tends towards having smaller characters than the US version if you look at the overall casts.  As if to compensate, though it just annoys me, they have a particularly loud host and a voice over guy at the start and end who is an extreme version of the already over the top US one.

The latest episode seemed very pro Kiki with all this stuff about how she is really competitive and a fighter.  And they seem to want to show Sam as useless, even though she's been aware of the men's alliance longer than anyone, is aware that Kiki and Este only plot against her (having tried to win over Kiki), and is competitive. 

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, amazingracefan said:

and a voice over guy at the start and end who is an extreme version of the already over the top US one.

Yes! I'm finding him extremely annoying! 

1 hour ago, amazingracefan said:

The latest episode seemed very pro Kiki with all this stuff about how she is really competitive and a fighter.  

And yet Anthony is all but invisible. I don't get the feeds, but on his podcast Taran and his guest were talking about how on the feeds Anthony is clearly a very strong force in his alliance, helping to direct everything, yet he barely shows up on the show. The editors appear to come up with certain storylines, and if you're not in one of them, you sort of disappear. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't have any sympathy for anybody who gets screwed over by the blood veto since they all just sat there and let Kyra have it.  Dummies.

I really want to root for Sam but then she does things that frustrate the hell out of me.  That's now twice that she's overheard Adam & Dane clearly plotting with each other, she absolutely has to know that Adam has an alliance with the guys yet she's just choosing to ignore it.  As a viewer and as a woman, it makes me want to smack her upside the head.  Like, girl, you can always find another boy toy....when else are you going to get a chance to win a shitload of money and prizes?

Damien's "You get a veto! You get a veto!" followed by "You get backdoored! You get backdoored!" cracked me up.  I wish we'd get to see more of him and Cory.  I always forget they're even there.  

Also, how is Arisa "particularly loud"?  She doesn't yell or scream or anything.  Is it because, unlike the Chenbot, she actually displays emotions?  Because I love that about her.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 3

I'm doing something I never do which is watching live. So many commercials!!! Crazy how this show is edited though. Corey and Anthony are tight? Kiki and Damian are working together? 

I'm calling it now, Kyra is not going to use the blood veto. If she does I'll be so surprised.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

Crazy how this show is edited though. Corey and Anthony are tight? Kiki and Damian are working together? 

I know, right? And why do Kyra and Keira hate each other so much?  And did I miss where they told us that Keira injured her foot? I had no clue why Anthony was carrying her up the stairs and was surprised when a random crew member carried her out.

Not using the blood Veto was sooooo anti-climactic but I’m kind of glad she didn’t use it because I didn’t like Keira. I could have done without her eye rolls during the goodbye messages when people were genuinely being nice to her.

• Love 1

The show picked up a lot halfway through. My favourite part was the funny highlights clip just before the vote. That was legitimately funny. And I love that there are 3 East Coasters on there. If every reality show was 50% East Coasters I'd be very happy. 

I also was confused when Anthony started carrying Kiki up the stairs. She looked a bit annoyed so at first I thought he was just showing off. I clued in when he handed her over to Freddy Mercury at the top of the stairs. 

She really was pretty snarky during the goodbyes. I'm not sure how forgiving she's going to be. 

• LOL 1

I wouldn't say Kyra's good-bye message was nice, her puffed up arrogant swagger is so annoying, she only got that Veto cause the other dummies were too chicken shit to fight for it, she could have made a big move tonight by starting to break up the guys alliance, it was her trying to convince Chelsea last week that there was a guys alliance, but then she elects to keep Mark, don't know why she dosen't like Kiki, jealous maybe? She can't go soon enough for me. 

Another big build up and nothing happens, makes for a really boring show, and I'm rapidly reaching the point where there is no one left to root for, they are all really annoying or incredibly stupid.

What week is this? Hasn't it been long enough now that everyone should be actively playing the game? Just me?

Maybe it's a "polite" Canadian thing where no one wants to have blood on their hands?

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the show, I'm just frustrated with all of the "safe" plays.

I think Dane sidled up to Kiki 90% for strategy and 10% for "whatever"...he probably wasn't that into her.  I kind of liked her but not so much the bitter exit.

Sam is asking the right questions to Adam, and is actually surprising me at times. But why oh why doesn't she follow through? I for one, can NOT wait for one of them to have to betray the other. Surely they won't be the final two and be so much in love that they walk off with the winnings together? Please no..omg.

Poor Este.. she'll probably be the next easy "pick off".

Kyra's outfits. Puh-leeze!

14 hours ago, wintrygal said:

I wouldn't say Kyra's good-bye message was nice,

Yes, I acknowledged that her and Kiki hated each other.  I was referring to the other messages, she eye rolled her way through pretty much all of them.  Will not miss her at all.

1 hour ago, Pass the Tequila said:

I think Dane sidled up to Kiki 90% for strategy and 10% for "whatever"...he probably wasn't that into her.  I kind of liked her but not so much the bitter exit.

I thought Dane was into Este, and Kiki just sort of came with the package? 

I laughed out loud at Este's comment... "Teeth or no teeth, Dane has the best smile in the house." Love really is blind. A toothless smile just doesn't charm me, unless the smiler is under a year old. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't find the players on the US version make big moves either. They're always editing that show so that the talking heads are like, I'm gonna do this and this and this! And then it never happens. So I don't think it's just a polite Canadian thing. 

Also the way this particular season is being edited I feel like more people are actually playing the game and we just don't see it?? Like I mentioned above, Kiki and Damian were working together? Corey and Anthony have a brother/sister relationship?? 

Edited by Samwise979
  • Useful 1

Without watching the feeds we're obviously missing so much. I didn't have a clue Corey was so fit, or so funny. I barely knew Damian could talk let alone joke. All the focus is on a handful of players, mostly sitting around strategizing. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I thought Dane was into Este, and Kiki just sort of came with the package

Oops. I probably mixed them up. 😮

So are showmances or PDA normal with this franchise? Survivor is much less forgiving with "power couples" ...so it's weird that it's so naturally accepted here.

I guess everyone realizes that inevitably couples will form under these circumstances, although sometimes it's strong friendships rather than romantic couples. People always talk about what a threat they are and discuss breaking them up, but I'm surprised how rarely they do this. 

There is something cool about being there to witness literally the first moment a married couple or best friends first set eyes on each other, and to try to figure out what mysterious chemistry attracts people to each other, beyond obvious things like looks.