Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Victoria has some kind of jealousy thing with the two guys. I think her having two guy best friends (her boyfriend and his brother) has made her being used to be around guys, so she would expect that the two black men of the house would choose HER over a white (trashy, if we want to be honest) girl. She is desparate to have an alliance with them (and she has succeeded it for now, they solidified their alliance but the bros are not serious about it, they just want to make her keep helping their game) but she doesn't know that they are thinking of getting rid of her soon (probably at the double eviction) and this will be a total betrayal to her because she really wants to be in an alliance with them. So from now on the most interesting thing I have to expect from this game is when the guys will betray Victoria. I heard that Ty slept in her bed one night, nothing happened but he is playing her very well.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, himela said:

Victoria has some kind of jealousy thing with the two guys.

Yes, I was certain she was going to target Beth for this reason. I guess targeting other people shows she's being a logical and not an emotional player, unless she's hoping to backdoor Beth. (I sometimes find Beth annoying but I can't say I find her trashy.) 

• Love 1
On 3/22/2021 at 7:00 PM, Melina22 said:

As a devout tattoo hater, I was shocked to realize tonight that I don't hate Kiefer's tattoos. They're so simply and beautifully drawn, and obviously meaningful to him. 

Surprisingly enough, I don't mind them either, and I think the reason for me is: they're not filled in. I wouldn't feel the same if they were filled with gaudy colours, I'm sure. Plus, no colours to fade and bleed into each other as one ages.

Victoria and Beth are both playing the Christmas game: neither really seems to care who does it or how it's done, but they both are determined to get rid of all of those pesky females so they can be Last Bitch Standing.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

Surprisingly enough, I don't mind them either, and I think the reason for me is: they're not filled in. I wouldn't feel the same if they were filled with gaudy colours, I'm sure. Plus, no colours to fade and bleed into each other as one ages.

I have to agree on all points. Clean and simple. 

• Love 2

Well, that was pretty good. Opinions may vary, but personally I thought the Invisible HoH twist was successful, from the viewers' perspective at least. I don't necessarily need to see it again but I enjoyed the extra layers it added. They should use it on US BB sometime. 

I liked watching Victoria lie right to everyone's faces, and the way Ty's frequently bemused expression made him look guilty. 😁

I saw on some podcast that Tera's not as benign as she appears on the broadcast show. Tonight we got a tiny taste of that. 

Man, does Beth ever yell in the Diary Room! 

I would prefer for Austin to leave over Braedon. I'm getting sort of tired of the smug, bland expression she wears so much. Hopefully if she goes, Braedon will be a lot more fun. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I liked watching Victoria lie right to everyone's faces, and the way Ty's frequently bemused expression made him look guilty. 😁

That was my favorite part and I wish they would have shown more of it during the episode. I hope she reveals the truth during her goodbye message.

However, watching Beth comforting Austen and Brey and jumping into the bed between them was hilarious. She was so broken up about it . You'd think they were just sentenced to 25 years of hard labor. Love the acting

• LOL 3

Victoria needs to think before she talks, sometimes she gets very hyped up and boasts too much....she totally outed her Invisible HOH win to Brey and he caught it but didn't say anything to her.

Brey told Ro and Austin what Vic said and how she outed herself without realizing it.

• Love 3

So I still don't get it. Sure, break up the pairs, but there is also a THREESOME, who are clearly also aligned with Kiefer, making them a foursome so...let's let them coast by? How does this help Victoria, who will be the fifth in that group and has only Braedon (if he forgives her for getting rid of Austin, though he may have no other choice), Ro (who I haven't seen her interact with at all, and the other pair of Tera and Tina (where she will always be third to their twosome).

It might just be because I liked Austin (and Victoria is starting to get that arrogance that drives me nuts) so that I can't see her strategy clearly, but I do not see how this is a better move for her than getting rid of one of the threesome, esp on an invisible HOH.

I think Braedon may continue to be dull. It almost seems like he is so scared of looking stupid that he keeps it monotone (a pretty rational approach when one is on TV, but boring for me, so...step it up, Braedon!)

I can't with Beth's over the top reaction to everything. She's like a little hyper terrier. So extra. (I think it's one of those things where once you see it, you can't stop noticing it, so now I'm done for and she will irritate me forever.)

• Love 4

Forgot to add: Tera's aggressiveness was...a lot. It surprised me. And as much as I hate to admit it, that was some very clever manipulation on Victoria's part.

Oh god! Also forgot those agonizing, cringey tik toks. I died of second hand embarrassment. Esp for Beth's and Victoria's. You know those two scene chewers were going to milk it for every little bit of screen time it was worth. Ugh.

And finally...I have also started noticing that Keifer has a resting mouth breather face, and it makes him look gormless. I like him and feel bad for noticing it and pointing it out, but I can't stop wanting to yell: close your mouth! whenever he's onscreen.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Scofflaw said:

And finally...I have also started noticing that Keifer has a resting mouth breather face, and it makes him look gormless. I like him and feel bad for noticing it and pointing it out, but I can't stop wanting to yell: close your mouth! whenever he's onscreen.

It's actually worse than that.....On several other sites Keifer is known as "slackjaw" and people rant and rave about him constantly *YAWNING* and then sitting there with his mouth hanging open, he also has a terrible habit of using his fingers to dig around in his mouth to dislodge food stuck in his teeth while sitting with other house guests..  He digs out a chunk of food then he looks at it on the end of his finger before sticking it back in his mouth and eating it again. *barf*

He also wanders around the house with one of those little teeth flossing tools and will plunk himself down next to people at the table or on a couch and proceed to floss his teeth while joining the conversation... soooooooo gross!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Scofflaw said:

I think Braedon may continue to be dull. It almost seems like he is so scared of looking stupid that he keeps it monotone (a pretty rational approach when one is on TV, but boring for me, so...step it up, Braedon!)

I think you put your finger on it. Where lots of houseguests would have revelled in spending a few days dressed as a neon bingo ball, he looked mortified. Rational adult behaviour, but not entertaining. Start being more attention-seeking, Braedon. Sheesh! (Look to Beth and Victoria for guidance.) 

• LOL 1
31 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I think you put your finger on it. Where lots of houseguests would have revelled in spending a few days dressed as a neon bingo ball, he looked mortified. Rational adult behaviour, but not entertaining. Start being more attention-seeking, Braedon. Sheesh! (Look to Beth and Victoria for guidance.) 

I'm confused by Brey on one hand he acts mortified and shy about wearing the Bingo ball costume but he's ok and all giggly and excited with people knowing that he's sexing it up with Ty at night.... I think most people would be opposite or maybe I'm just old and out of touch lol

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I don't have the feeds so clearly there's a lot more going on than I'm aware of. Taran always complains that the BBCan broadcasts leave out way too much 

I agree with Taran... BBCan is bad for presenting a story that's very different than what's actually going on in the house

Just my opinion but their version of the Keifer, Kyle, Ro situation was so diluted that it wound up looking like nothing.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

He also wanders around the house with one of those little teeth flossing tools and will plunk himself down next to people at the table or on a couch and proceed to floss his teeth while joining the conversation... soooooooo gross!

Noooooooo! I have a coworker who uses those in his office and although it's his office...still gross. Where are those food bits going? Bleurgh. (I am also a cyclist and I see tons of them on the side of the road...so people are flossing in the car and them chucking them out the window. Gross AND littering!)

2 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

I'm confused by Brey on one hand he acts mortified and shy about wearing the Bingo ball costume but he's ok and all giggly and excited with people knowing that he's sexing it up with Ty at night....

Do Brey and Ty have a thing? That would make them both more interesting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, zibnchy said:

Do Brey and Ty have a thing? That would make them both more interesting.

yes, they've been getting it on and Brey is so happy, he told Austin all about it

32 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I'm confused. I thought Ty was interested in Beth. 

I guess Ty is Bi

32 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I'm confused. I thought Ty was interested in Beth. 

Beth said she was more interested in Jed

13 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I don't have the feeds so clearly there's a lot more going on than I'm aware of. Taran always complains that the BBCan broadcasts leave out way too much 

There's a ton of videos on YouTube. You can usually see most of what's really going on. Lots of game talk and plotting. So many things don't make the show.

• Useful 2
16 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

It's actually worse than that.....On several other sites Keifer is known as "slackjaw" and people rant and rave about him constantly *YAWNING* and then sitting there with his mouth hanging open, he also has a terrible habit of using his fingers to dig around in his mouth to dislodge food stuck in his teeth while sitting with other house guests..  He digs out a chunk of food then he looks at it on the end of his finger before sticking it back in his mouth and eating it again. *barf*

This reminds me that Jon Pardy flossed for the first time ever (at Neda's insistence) during his time in the BB Canada house.

• LOL 1
17 hours ago, Scofflaw said:

Noooooooo! I have a coworker who uses those in his office and although it's his office...still gross. Where are those food bits going? Bleurgh. (I am also a cyclist and I see tons of them on the side of the road...so people are flossing in the car and them chucking them out the window. Gross AND littering!)

I notice that where I live too, parking lots with these dental picks lying on the ground, it's as disgusting as the disposable mask thing, bunch of slobs, must have grown up with maids. 

Beth is so annoying, can't imagine being around that shrieking all day long, ugh.  I'm hoping for a punishment where she has to wear a muzzle.

When Beth named all her alliance members in her goodbye message, did she mention Victoria?  I do recall Vic telling someone, maybe us the audience, can't recall, that she had an alliance with 'everyone' in the house, I think she may be in for a surpise, and I may laugh if she does get booted, she's become extremely arrogant. I think she missed a great opportunity to take the game in different direction. I wonder if Keifer finds himself in trouble if he'll tell people about Vic being the Secret HOH, not that it will matter, she did the big alliance a huge favor.  

I'm thinking the 'Ro Show' might be getting cancelled this coming week, especially since it's a double eviction,unless he can pull off another Veto win. 

On every eviction night we're subjected to this 'strategizing' where people are musing about switching their votes, and it's all BS, rarely if ever happens.  We're onto you Big Brother, show us something interesting, for a change.  

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

I agree with Taran... BBCan is bad for presenting a story that's very different than what's actually going on in the house

That's just normal for both BBCan and BBUS. I stopped watching the BBUS shows a few years ago because the people on the tv and the feeds were shown so different. I came back for last year and promptly left after a few weeks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, xfuse said:

That's just normal for both BBCan and BBUS. I stopped watching the BBUS shows a few years ago because the people on the tv and the feeds were shown so different. I came back for last year and promptly left after a few weeks.

yes unfortunately it's become more and more the norm for both.

I started watching BB USA the very first season when the rules were very different and for a few years they were a lot better about showing the true state of affairs in the house and they also allowed us to see a lot more on the feeds, endurance comps etc but the last few years they've both been shitty, they edit too much and the feeds are down way too much as well.

48 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

they edit too much and the feeds are down way too much as well.

Same with the Canadian one. I check on the feeds every day and most of the time it is down.

I too started with the very first season of BBUS. I know that the BBCan and BBUS used to be made by the same people. I don't know if it still is. They want a certain story so that is what they give the viewers. There are times when I talk to someone who only watches the tv show and it's like we are talking about two different people.

My favourite BB is BBAus where instead of slop they have to earn money to buy their food (there is even a menu) instead of just getting basic food. It's always a fun little challenge. The public also votes for the winner. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The only thing that will make Beth's reign tolerable is her nominating Victoria since Victoria had a perfect opportunity to get Beth or one of the two boys out last week.

Not looking forward to a week of Beth's screeching. 

Is it just me or was it obvious Jed/Ty (can't remember which one was in a tie with Beth for hoh) threw the comp? The answer is in the high 300's and he put 78 or something ridiculous like that.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Is it just me or was it obvious Jed/Ty (can't remember which one was in a tie with Beth for hoh) threw the comp? The answer is in the high 300's and he put 78 or something ridiculous like that.

There is speculation that he maybe understood the question backwards. The question was "how many days in the calendar had NO events on them?" and maybe he heard "how many days in the calendar HAD events on them?".

But if he did throw it it was smart because they know the double eviction is coming and he may prefer to win that HoH.

• Love 1

I'm saying this sooooo grudgingly, but Beth is growing on me. How is this even possible? She may be loud but she's not a bad player. She certainly doesn't get all bent out of shape when she has to confront people, she's pretty unflappable. I appreciated her comment that she had to pay Vic lots of attention to keep her calm. 

Well, that was a very good looking bunch of loved ones, I can't lie. 

Unicorns, dragons, reindeer? All fictional apparently. Oh Ty. 

On day one, I never for one second thought that Vic would be such a good player, socially and competitively. That's unexpected. People genuinely like her. 

• Love 4

I had not paid a lot of attention to Beth.  But she impressed me with playing her own game as HOH.  She loves being with the guys.  But she has realized they are playing for themselves first and her second.  They will not take her to the end.  She has to keep her eyes open and do what helps her own game.  They want to save Vic because they can manipulate her.  But Beth realizes that Vic will get rid of Beth to be alone with the boys.  She did it to Latoya.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

I had not paid a lot of attention to Beth.  But she impressed me with playing her own game as HOH.  She loves being with the guys.  But she has realized they are playing for themselves first and her second.  They will not take her to the end.  She has to keep her eyes open and do what helps her own game.  They want to save Vic because they can manipulate her.  But Beth realizes that Vic will get rid of Beth to be alone with the boys.  She did it to Latoya.  

She has changed her mind a million times so don't get ahead. She even said once that she knows it's good for her game to send out Vic but she prefers to help her boys. So sad and pathetic. Why is it that women always sacrifice their games for men and not the opposite? When Jed only uses her for sex and is referring to them having sex as "he sealed the deal". So humiliating in front of her family and the whole world.

• Love 2
On 4/2/2021 at 12:11 PM, xfuse said:

I can't believe I totally forgot about this: when I watch BB US I read the (very robust) live feed discussion on this site, and it completely and totally alters how I view what's being shown on the broadcasts. That also explains why so many of the things we are shown don't make any sense (the editors need to step it up: huge gaps in logic are not cool).

Off to look at YouTube videos of live feed stuff. Thanks for the reminder that what we see is very far from what it actually happening in the house! 

14 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I'm saying this sooooo grudgingly, but Beth is growing on me. How is this even possible? She may be loud but she's not a bad player. She certainly doesn't get all bent out of shape when she has to confront people, she's pretty unflappable. I appreciated her comment that she had to pay Vic lots of attention to keep her calm. 

Well, that was a very good looking bunch of loved ones, I can't lie. 

Unicorns, dragons, reindeer? All fictional apparently. Oh Ty. 

On day one, I never for one second thought that Vic would be such a good player, socially and competitively. That's unexpected. People genuinely like her. 

Same, re: Beth. I actually like her when she's being a normal person. It's the manic overemoting about absolutely anything and everything that I can't stand. Feels super fake, even though she assured us early on that "she's just like that". Um, if that is true, how do you have any friends left?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, himela said:

She has changed her mind a million times so don't get ahead. She even said once that she knows it's good for her game to send out Vic but she prefers to help her boys. So sad and pathetic. Why is it that women always sacrifice their games for men and not the opposite? When Jed only uses her for sex and is referring to them having sex as "he sealed the deal". So humiliating in front of her family and the whole world.

And is Jed the one who always says "Hi, gorgeous" to Arissa before he votes? Also gross. Being a "player" is not as admirable as it once might have been, there, Jed. Welcome to 2021!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Scofflaw said:

And is Jed the one who always says "Hi, gorgeous" to Arissa before he votes

You're right, this always seems so disrespectful. He wouldn't say it to her face. 

Remarks like this are so offensive because they imply the speaker thinks the hearer will think "He thinks I'm gorgeous! I'm so flattered!" How dumb or insecure does he think Arissa is? 

Sorry but this struck a nerve. Even though I'm not THAT old, I'm no longer young, and was fuming last week after a young male doctor ended our consultation by saying," You're all done, young lady!" I wanted to slap him and anyone else who thinks this is flattering to someone older. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Even though I'm not THAT old, I'm no longer young, and was fuming last week after a young male doctor ended our consultation by saying," You're all done, young lady!" I wanted to slap him

Let me see if I understand this. He said "You're all done, young lady!" and you DIDN'T instantly murder him? You're a better person than I am by a mile. 😀

On topic: I've found that I lose interest in the on air broadcast shows after a few weeks, once we get to know everybody, mainly because I can get up to date info about the show from Twitter and Youtube. For example, we usually know by Saturday who has won veto and who will most likely go up in their place. On the broadcast show we don't get told this info until Wednesday night usually. By then it's old news! Any attempt to introduce tension or drama is useless because we already know what happens. I wish they would shake up that formula.

• Love 3
(edited)

Paused the episode to comment:

Wow it really says a lot about your game play when the houseguests that are worried about being nominated feel the need to talk to the hoh's "boyfriend" instead if the hoh herself since they know the hoh will do anything the "boyfriend" says....

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 2

For me, going into the show unspoiled, that was a nailbiter. I enjoyed the suspense and Vic's reaction, and the looks on different faces. I also liked that everyone was so uncomfortable with blindsiding her, even if they knew it would make great TV. (or tele-vis-ion, to quote Braydon) It makes them more likeable, knowing they're not all sociopaths. 

Vic continues to surprise. Kiefer continues to be fascinated by food, even when he can't eat it. Tychon continues to be a comp beast who can't win anything. Beth continues to look at herself in every single mirror. Tina continues to drink tea. (I'm being snarky but I actually like all of them. They all seem like decent people.) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Well, I will say I don't think it would have happened if Ro hadn't won POV but, omg!!!! It happened!!!! I am so surprised! As much as I don't want to give Beth credit, this was an exciting episode and a nice reminder why I watch BB. Aaaaand! I get to buy a new shirt!

• LOL 2
On 4/5/2021 at 3:20 AM, himela said:

There is speculation that he maybe understood the question backwards. The question was "how many days in the calendar had NO events on them?" and maybe he heard "how many days in the calendar HAD events on them?".

But if he did throw it it was smart because they know the double eviction is coming and he may prefer to win that HoH.

Jed actually said that to them after the competition and his answer makes sense if that's what he thought the question was.

I had to listen to the question twice to make sure that I heard it correctly and then add to that with the nerves of being in a competition and I think he was telling the truth about not understanding the question.

• Useful 1

Apparently production tipped off Vic that a blindside might be coming and of course she went right to the triangle and told them all about it. She even got a " don't talk about production " warning. When the house guests talk production they refer to it as bananas to not be too obvious.

Now for the best part ..... when they went to the storage room , the fridge was locked and there were bunches of bananas everywhere. Oh yeah . the entire house is now on slop and bananas. Just so you get the idea , when we say don't talk about production  , we mean it.

So basically production ruined what would have been one of the best blindsides ever. She didn't have a clue Why would they even do that ? I know they love Vic but they also love great tv.

Tonights episode should be 2 hrs just to fit in everything else that has happened since. Either way , tonight is going to be a classic or at least has the potential to be.

• Love 2

That sucks that they did that, I thought she took it awfully well.  I wonder if they'll place a 'hidden' veto in a place that Vic can trip over it.  I don't mind her leaving, I still feel like she wasted a good opportunity with the hidden HOH.  Yes, I hold a grudge. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ro reminds me of omg i can't remember his name, the dentist from bbus.... he was on the block so many times and kept winning the veto and then finally when he got evicted he won the jury comp to get back into the house. 

Oh! Johnny Mac!!

• Love 1

Keifer was sitting on the couch talking for a while then he stood up and his baggy pants were stuck in his ass crack (as usual) so he cricked his leg sideways and pulled his pants out of his ass, waddled to the kitchen and proceeded to sit on the counter top..BARF!

Keifer loves to toot his own horn, i don't know how many times he's told tera and tina how HARD he worked this week to save Tera 🙄 when in reality he really didn't say that much, basically threw Vic under the bus and that was it.

He keeps saying that he'll probably be asked back for another season

I hope Tera or Tina or Brey wins the hoh tonight and sits Beth, Jed and or Keifer on the block.... then when they arrive at the jury house Vic can say I TOLD YOU SO! 😋

• Love 1

I've heard Keifer and Vic talking a few times about how they're two of the greats. One time he told Vic that he knows 100% guaranteed that they will both be asked back next season along with 4 of the others, Jed Ty Beth and I forget the other one , because this is the greatest cast in the entire history of BB ....... and he'd know !

It'd be hilarious if he was the second to go tonight. Him and Vic could talk about how they almost outsmarted  everyone. They were just playing such a complex game that the others just didn't get it. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Orillia said:

. Him and Vic could talk about how they almost outsmarted  everyone. They were just playing such a complex game that the others just didn't get it. 

I'm guessing that really humble people, or people who have shaky egos almost never show up on BB. It takes a special type of person to want to be on camera 24/7 in front of the whole world. I'm not saying this is necessarily good or bad, but I don't think your average person has any desire to expose themselves to constant scrutiny like this. 

The person who surprises me the most is Vic. Given her life experience of constant rejection and chaos from a young age, she seems amazingly calm and confident. Or maybe the crazy BB environment feels comfortingly normal to her. 

See? If you go on BB, you're inviting total strangers to dissect your every move. I guess some people like that. Personally, it's my worst nightmare. 

• Love 2

the Sun Setters are so delusional, they keep saying that they don't need Vic and they'll be safe in the double because they'll be going into the hoh comp 6 against 1... they actually think that they have Brey, Tera and Tina when in reality by sending Vic home they will be 3 (Jed, Ty, Keif) Beth can't play..... against 4 (Tina, Tera, Ro and Brey)

Sending Vic homes takes away from their own numbers, Vic has kept them safe when she had power, Tina and Tera have never had power and have never done anything to keep them safe other than vote with them when it served their own purpose.

They kept saying over and over that the next HOH is 6 against 1   😂

They won't even consider the possibility that they don't have Tina, Tera or Brey.... Vic tried to tell them that Tina, Tera and Brey are with Ro and will only stick to Sun Setters if they win HOH but they kept rolling they're eyes and laughing at her after she left the room.

Jed and Ty are so ridiculous and keep saying how Tina, Tera and Brey OWE them after this week.... they've obviously never seen Big Brother.

Meanwhile Tina, Tera, Ro and Brey are whispering together how they need to win HOH and put them up!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

The person who surprises me the most is Vic. Given her life experience of constant rejection and chaos from a young age, she seems amazingly calm and confident. Or maybe the crazy BB environment feels comfortingly normal to her.

You might not think that after you watch tonights episode,

Spoiler

Vic has been fairly calm up until now because she was basically in control and safe.

She's been SCREAMING, CRYING, RANTING and RAVING like a lunatic for the last 72 hrs.