Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Well, colour me surprised!! What would be even better is if they vote out Mark. 

And what would be even more better is if Damian won hoh next week for the double. 

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 3

Something I forgot to comment on. When Kyra interrupted the PB meeting in the HOH bathroom and the final 5 deal was made. Kyra said something like, when I first walked in I was worried you guys were talking about final 4 so I'm glad you were actually talking about final 5. Smh Kyra!!! I mean technically I guess the guys were talking about final 5 before Kyra walked in. Anthony literally just said, let's get Kyra in here and propose a final 5. But.... Kyra, you KNOW there's a guy alliance! You've known way back even when Chelsea and Sam were still in the house! You discovered their stupid chin motion! Be smarter!

And btw, why do a lot of meetings/talks happen in the hoh bathroom? Isn't it better for controlling interruptions to have talks in the bedroom/couch area?

I remember past seasons there was a tv in the hoh room so that the hoh could watch the rest of the house. This would come in handy if they were discussing something on the down low and another house guest was approching the room. They could change the subject. Or is that just the US version? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. 

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 1

Well since I actively hate everyone who's left, think I'll be getting a chance to watch some other shows I had taped, so frustrating.  I don't mind good strategists, but man are these guys arrogant, and the stupid signals with the hand to the face, what are they 12?  And Anthony, it's not 'disrespectful' to try and vote someone out, you've been doing it all season, hypocrite, and take those pink panties off your head, you look ridiculous. 

What's with the gloating in the goodbye messages, have contestants done that before, brag about their alliance to people who are going to the jury?  Don't remember seeing that before.

Damian's girlfriend is so pretty, he has a great family and community. Yes, he was Canada's favorite but the advantages that he received were basically useless.

Edited by wintrygal
  • Love 5

Why are the double evictions always so disappointing?! It never goes the way I want it to. The audience reactions were hilarious tonight. I don’t ever remember hearing such loud boos during the voting before. I liked Damien too and I’m not really sure why I (And Canada) like him so much. I mean, he didn’t really do much other than repeatedly get nominated and, even then, he never really campaigned. Do we like him because everyone else is just so odious and he seems that much better in comparison? I don’t know but I’m sad he’s gone.

I hate that a stupid PB is going to win. And how dumb is Este that she didn’t know about any of that? It seems like they all knew about it early in the season but did nothing about it, then forgot about it. Idiots.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 5

Ugh well Damien's pov win turned the eviction order from Damien, Kyra, Este to Este, Damien, Kyra aaaaand that's about the biggest twist in the game woopie do 🙄

I don't know if dane can win. He's getting a lot of "blood on his hands"  

Isn't it weird (and I thought against the rules, but I guess not) for these guys to be telling jury members secrets about their game play? What's the point of the sequestering then??

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 1

The last two episodes pretty much can be summed up in one word. Meh.

Was Damian not aware of the 4 PB alliance when he had that advantage at the beginning of the game? Why didn't he do something?

I'm disappointed that Damian and Este are gone but they do deserve it, sorry.

Tres boring watching 4 guys pick off everyone else one by one from day one... and hoping that someone for heaven's sake will finally break them up! (side bitch - I can't figure out how to turn off italics - sigh).

Oh okay whatever, so back to my mini snark, I really hope the next season isn't a repeat of this strategy. 😒

Best compliment I can give is to Arisa's to die for blue and white dress! Omg I hope I can find a copy...non-maternity of course. 🤣

Great comments above. 😎

• Love 1

On the one hand, you have to congratulate the PBs for creating an alliance early in the game and sticking to it. That's how you win. On the other hand, watching everyone else get Pagonged is so boring. 

I couldn't believe that Este was so surprised. On the other hand, I was glad that Dane at least seemed very uncomfortable and unhappy about her being voted out. Glad to know he's human, at least. 

I have to agree that although Damian wasn't the greatest BB player, he was very likeable. I enjoyed the clip of his community and his girlfriend, which told us so much about who he is. Then there was the funny clip of him beaming when they played his band's music. 

9 minutes ago, Pass the Tequila said:

Best compliment I can give is to Arisa's to die for blue and white dress! Omg I hope I can find a copy...non-maternity of course. 🤣

I thought she looked adorable as always, including the dress, except for the pointy part that hung to the ground. I've always hated asymmetrical hems, but that's just me. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Pass the Tequila said:

Was Damian not aware of the 4 PB alliance when he had that advantage at the beginning of the game? Why didn't he do something?

THIS!!! Don’t get me wrong, I was unhappy about the Penis Alliance , especially since it turned the season into gender wars within the first 10 minutes, but I always thought Damien’s best move would have been to go to them immediately and “suggest” a Penis Alliance. I’m sure they gladly would have made him their 5th bro. And if he didn’t want to join them, why didn’t he actively try to break them up?

Edited by Rachel RSL

I feel like if Damian had been in the right place at the right time, he would have been been a PB from the start. He was just too late to the party. Not that this was within his control, at least not at the beginning. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Isn't it weird (and I thought against the rules, but I guess not) for these guys to be telling jury members secrets about their game play? What's the point of the sequestering then??

That’s always been allowed. I think the reasoning is that, in the goodbye messages, the houseguests can say whatever they want the evicted person to know, whether it’s about strategy or kissing up to get their vote. The houseguests are in control of what information is being given out. If the jury wasn’t sequestered, they’d be able to see everything, all the secret DRs and information that the houseguests still playing may not want them to know. 

• Useful 1

@Rachel RSL thanks for the info. I really thought jury members couldn't know anything about game play. 

If I was a PB I wouldn't be telling anyone about the alliance in fear that I'd get a jury question like: besides the pretty boy alliance what was the biggest thing you did to get to the final 2?

See, if they don't know about the alliance the question would be more like: what was the biggest thing you did to get to final 2? And the answer could be, surprise! I've been in an alliance since day 1.

On 4/27/2019 at 5:38 PM, Rachel RSL said:

THIS!!! Don’t get me wrong, I was unhappy about the Penis Alliance , especially since it turned the season into gender wars within the first 10 minutes, but I always thought Damien’s best move would have been to go to them immediately and “suggest” a Penis Alliance. I’m sure they gladly would have made him their 5th bro. And if he didn’t want to join them, why didn’t he actively try to break them up?

On 4/27/2019 at 5:42 PM, Melina22 said:

I feel like if Damian had been in the right place at the right time, he would have been been a PB from the start. He was just too late to the party. Not that this was within his control, at least not at the beginning. 

IIRC Damien's advantage showed him 2 of the (future) PB's talking about working together but he didn't see the development of the actual alliance.  I can't remember which 2 guys he was able to spy on. And then they did show us Damien trying to get with those two guys but how it was edited, they basically didn't give him the time of day. So I assume at the beginning Damien did try and work with them but had to move on when he got the brush off. 

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 2

I'm watching live. 

Yes!!!!! Way to go Kyra! 

While I still think two of the PB's are going to make it to final 2 I'm soooooo happy the 4 of them are not making it to final 4. 

Please target Anthony!

And I LOVE how all of them were like, all we have to do is beat Kyra, easy peasy. Ha!

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 3

Kyra must realize that Adam and Dane have a final 2. Idk if it's obvious that Mark and Anthony do as well, they seem to be more discrete. 

I as a viewer would rather Adam or Dane win so I hope Mark or Anthony goes but if I was Kyra I'd be trying to break up Adam and Dane. No way Kyra gets to final 3 with those 2 and doesn't get evicted. 

ETA: I totally wrote that before kyra's nominations!!!

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 1

Kyra winning HOH changed everything and made this episode so unexpectedly fun! As did BB's hilarious prank. 

This really is a worst case scenario for the PBs, isn't it? But a big win for the viewers.

• Love 3

THANK YOU, KYRA!! 

Adam is such a little bitch. The righteous indignation, like he wasn’t 100% ready to evict Kyra if a PB had won. I have disliked him since the first 5 minutes of the first episode and my instant dislike feels more and more justified as the season goes on. 

I couldn’t handle waiting so I checked the spoilers. For those who are interested in who won veto: 

Spoiler

Adam won veto. DAMN IT!! 

On a random unrelated note, I was curious about where Damien lives so I looked it up and it has a population of 562. No wonder they were all so excited about him being on BB, he probably knows literally everybody. Which is kind of cool but, on the other hand, you’d never be able to get away with anything.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Adam did have a nice little temper tantrum there, didn't he. Lol

He did have a point though, when he told Kyra about the PB alliance and Kyra was like, you didn't think I knew about that? EVERYONE knew about it! And Adam said, no one did anything about it. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Rachel RSL said:

I desperately wanted Kyra to respond: “I know. That’s why I’m doing something about it now.”

That would have been good. But at that point, logic was pretty much lost on Adam. Still, Kyra handled herself extremely well. She didn't get emotional or retaliate, but answered calmly and logically. 

In a way, Kyra reminds me of Josh on the recent season of BB. Of course, they were very different people, but in the sense that in the first few days he was a blubbering mess. Homesick, crying, ready to self evict, very much like Kyra. Then against all odds, he went on to win it all. I can actually see her winning this. Maybe not, but it's totally possible. 

Ack. I'm too tired to go back and change all the pronouns. Apologies. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I'm too tired to go back and change all the pronouns. Apologies. 

Lol I’ve had that issue every time I’ve posted about Kyra. I don’t really know which pronoun to use, to be honest. I think maybe the correct pronoun is “they” but that’s confusing because  it sounds plural. And there’s no way in hell I’m using “it”, so I keep defaulting to she/her.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I think maybe the correct pronoun is “they” but that’s confusing because  it sounds plura

I was listening to a Bbcan podcast, and the participants were very careful to use the correct pronouns, they and them, but they kept getting confused by the plural pronouns and had to keep going back and clarifying who they were referring to. Someone has to come up with a better system. 

• Love 1

I don't know. It's hard to call. The questions weren't all that easy given the chaos of the archive room. My thought was that BB assumed they'd have almost no material to work with for the episode (and they wouldn't have if Kyra hadn't won HOH) so they planned the prank purely as filler. 

My favourite part was Kyra announcing they'd lost the quiz and were Have Nots, and Dane saying hopefully ".... but?" and then his expression when Kyra told him, "There's no but!" 

On 4/26/2019 at 5:55 PM, Pass the Tequila said:

The last two episodes pretty much can be summed up in one word. Meh.

I'm disappointed that Damian and Este are gone but they do deserve it, sorry.

Tres boring watching 4 guys pick off everyone else one by one from day one... and hoping that someone for heaven's sake will finally break them up!

^THIS!!

I have to say I was so disappointed in Damien! I honestly thought he would not have been that gullible, but turns out, he was! He watched the boys (I refuse to use their alliance name) form that foursome, did he not? That alone was a valuable piece of information that he did not use once in 55 days! How? Why?

I think for most people here and on social media, Damien is considered incredibly likeable and was always my hands-down favourite to win from Episode 1. But as the game went on, I kept wondering when he was going to start winning, start playing the game, start doing something. I legit cheered when he won that POV. Also, I agree with his pretty girlfriend, the prettiest boy wasn't even in that alliance! If I was in the house this year, Damien would have been my crush I think, despite my dislike of huge tattoos.

There really was no other eye candy worth mentioning this season other than him, although I guess Adam is considered technically attractive, but his obnoxious personality negates a lot. And I could not be comfortable around a big guy like that who starts beating the furniture or punching holes in walls when they get a little upset (like that asshole last year, Will).

I always turn to discussions of eye candy when the game-play itself is such a snooze.

• Love 2

It seems Kyra identifies as non-binary, so when discussing them, please use the pronouns "they" and "them."

Thanks! Please PM me if you have any questions. 

Funny how I absolutely loathe the family visits on Survivor but in this show I thought it was adorable. I guess it’s Probst turning it into an over dramatic talk show that makes it so unbearable. I don’t know why BB felt the need to prank the moms by making them choose though. That was just mean lol!

I loathe Adam so much. What a prick, speaking to Kyra that way, like he wasn’t going to evict her next. I don’t care who wins at this point as long as it’s not him.

Funniest part of the episode was when Adam thought he was going to bust Anthony in a lie but then Mark backed up his lie with another lie. I cracked up! 

Speaking of Mark, what’s the deal with him and his family? Do they not speak or something?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Speaking of Mark, what’s the deal with him and his family? Do they not speak or something?

I believe he said his family are very religious and conservative and don't feel all that happy with him going on the show. I wasn't surprised they didn't want to be on camera. 

Wow, that was the weepist, huggiest BB ever! Not what you'd expect from a houseful of men (and Kyra) but sweet. I can see them all staying friends after the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

That was the greatest filler episode ever! (Well I guess half of it was the pov comp/meeting but you know what I mean). Loved the mom's/best friend going thru the whole house and thru all their stuff. 

It's a bit (ok a lot) hypocritical of Adam to be mad at Kyra when they've all flat out admitted that they had a final 4 pact. Meaning they were planning on getting Kyra out next. 

Dane seems like a pretty good sport. He's obviously not happy he is (most likely) going home but he's not having a complete tantrum like Adam. Why does Dane think he's staying though? Did he actually convince Anthony to vote Mark out? I doubt it. 

• Love 2

So with that sad-sack music playing, were we supposed to feel sympathy for the Peanut Butters not realizing their dream of one evicting two others and winning against a third to claim the sole prize? Because I sure as shit did not.

The mom/best friend visit was cute, but like @Rachel RSL said, that was just mean pranking the moms like that! I am glad they all got a chance for a hug, though. I like Anthony's mom, she was adorable, but I wish she was playing instead of her loathsome asshole of a son.

Speaking of said asshole, I was sure wishing and hoping and pleading that Anthony and his shit-eating grin would be evicted without winning a single comp, but alas. (Yes, I am petty.) (Also, why are the double evictions on these shows always so disappointing?) I've heard it mentioned by more than a few live-feed watchers that 

Spoiler

Anthony is quite the bully in the house, far worse than what is shown, and has been from Day One (not surprising). He's used his size (also not surprising) to intimidate everyone, which is why they always run to him first, and coddle him, and laugh at his jokes. So basically everyone walked on eggshells around him, lest they piss him off. The only one who didn't was Cory, but this begs the question: why did no one ever seriously target said loathsome asshole? My educated guess: they're all spineless gullible morons.

Said asshole is so repugnant, I was actually rooting for Adam (Adam!) to win that HOH a few episodes ago. Yeah.

I am definitely rooting for Dane to win now, and it became even clearer, just based on how each responded after the nominations. Adam throws things and punches boxes when they (Kyra) did not immediately fall in line with what he says. Dane responded by giving them a hug. And we all know from his HOH wins, that Adam needs someone, or even a committee of people, to tell him exactly what to do and who to target.

Adam, it is not "seeking advice" when you need people to tell you what thought to think at precisely what time of day! Fool.

I found Kyra to be insufferable and miserable during the first half of the season, but have come around on them somewhat. I am glad they stuck to their guns and not, for the most part, let the menfolk dictate their HOH. Not sure I want them to actually win, but they are now second to Dane, followed by Adam, then Mark (he's pathetic), then Loathsome Asshole. Definitely not the Final Five I wanted, but I think out of this Final Five, Dane would be the only one I'd want to get there.

It's just such a shame that no one else this season really came to play! If Kyra's statement was true, and "they all knew," why did everyone just roll over and let a bro alliance of four skate on by to the end? UGHHH!! So frustrating.

Sorry for my rambling ranting; I'm mostly playing catch-up, so my thoughts are jumbled right now.

• Love 3

Omg I can finally buy that new top!!

We've talked so much about how the show edits it to look like something big might happen and then it doesn't and I'm sure the goal is to keep the audience in suspense but it ends up being so anti-climatic because they do it ALL the time and we know it's all bull. So I find it funny that when "the move" being hinted at all show actually happens it makes the show so much more exciting! 

Anthony is so smug. Smh. To Dane: let's get this straight, I'm keeping you because I'm a man of my word not because I need your help with the mental comps. I don't need you. In fact I'm the whole reason you're still here and have such a strong social game.🙄

So, do the PB's stay loyal to the end and get Kyra out next or do they realize they need the other 3 PB's in jury to vote for them and take Kyra to the end??

• Love 2
(edited)

It's hard for me to see them keeping Kyra. I expect them to be the next out. Just a hunch, though. I could be wrong. 

It was fun to see the jury house, and nice to see them all getting along and laughing about everything. I hate a bitter jury. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 2

I cannot believe they blew the opportunity to finally get rid of Dane. God, that was stupid. I've disliked him from the very first episode and now he's probably going to win.

Seriously, just so dumb.

• Love 2

The audience was totally pro-Dane which I can understand - he’s, by far, the least odious PB and he’s played a really good game. I mean, I cannot believe he somehow convinced everyone to keep him. That was such a dumb move, I can’t see anybody winning if they’re sitting next to Dane in the final 2. Fools!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think the$100k is going to be needed to support the winner's (? new ?) cancer stick habit. I'm surprised at all the smoking. I noticed that Adam actually had yellow nicotine stained fingers. Ick. I guess it could be stress...or strategy? (not wanting to miss out on juicy convos) Is there usually so much smoking though?

I can't believe the intensity of negativity that I have for Anthony. What a bulldozer! He's highly effective at accusing/attacking others' actions...the same actions that he is partaking in himself and being all indignant or incredulous. Wtf?!! And does he actually believe his own baldfaced lies (and bullsh*t revisionist history?) The alarming thing to me is I don't think this is all just "the game" to him. The aggressive finger pointing and body language and forceful communication style seems to fits him like an old shoe. I bet there's some hx on him somewhere irl..or will be at the rate he's going. He can play people like a fiddle without batting an eye. Exhibit A - Kyra. How dumb can you be ...over and over again?! I would never have let Mark and Anthony speak privately...I mean if everyone is trying to prove they're not lying, then be transparent! "They're" in this context is meant collectively (sigh). 🙄

At least Dane hid his face behind his hands and hat when Kyra was going on about whose idea it was (obliviously claiming credit) to keep him afterall. He probably couldn't keep a straight face or conceal his glee. Sorry but Kyra does not deserve to win this.. however I love the monkey wrench being thrown into the peanut butter (TM someone above - tx for the laugh!) babies plans.

So when Dane was confirming ride or die final two with Anthony...is that really true? Did that happen in the live feeds or something? I thought he and Adam were super close. Wouldn't it be great if Anthony were blindsided? I can't think of a more deserving guy and truly hope that his oust from the game is epicly humiliating. 😑

So I guess, when it comes to rooting for someone to win, I'm basically ABA. (Anybody but Anthony) lol!

The mum (and bff) segment was really moving to me. It was so nice to see genuine feelings there ... quite refreshing after all the backstabbery and lying. 

Oh... also interesting to hear the audience's support for Dane. And I especially enjoyed seeing the jury members interactions! Sam is quite pretty and Cory was gracious to admit she was fooled. Great episode! 🙂

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Pass the Tequila said:

So when Dane was confirming ride or die final two with Anthony...is that really true? Did that happen in the live feeds or something? 

My problem with Anthony and Dane is that if you take them at face value they're such great guys. But you literally never know when they're lying, and when they're telling the truth. Even their body language doesn't give them away. This makes them amazing BB players, but IRL I'd always rather know someone like Adam who's horrible at lying, than someone who can lie to your face without any qualms. 

• Love 1

Dane swore on his necklace (which I'm assuming is important to him) and Anthony swore on his mom that they'd take each other to final 2. The men (in general) on this show seem to take these pacts super seriously. Almost like 12 year old girls and pinky swears. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the reason the audience likes Dane so much is that they’re probably doing what I’ve been doing all season and rooting for the person who is the least assholey. There were slim pickings after Damien left. Really, in that aspect, there were slim pickings all season. If Dane goes next, I assume the audience (and me) would all default to rooting for Kyra. I hate when we get seasons where it comes down to rooting against someone to win as opposed to rooting for someone.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 4

Anthony: if I'm beside Adam at the end I win. If I'm beside Kyra, I win.....

Dane: same, man. If I'm beside Adam, I win. If I'm beside Kyra, I win. But if we're beside each other it's 4-5 vote either way. 

So.... Why are these two (supposedly) taking each other to the end?? Wouldn't they rather be beside someone that they "know" they can win against?

I hate the recap filler part that happens each season but it's not NEARLY as bad as the U.S. version. I wish they'd show stuff that didn't previously air, I don't need to see something that I saw 3 weeks ago again. 

I'd be happy if Dane wins. I think I'm ok with anyone winning besides Anthony. Ugh he has everyone wrapped around his finger though. I feel like he's going to make it to final 2 no matter what. I seriously doubt he wins anything to get there on his own. 

• Love 2

Yay!! Bye Adam!! Sorry not sorry but I laughed my ass off during their big sob session. 

i don’t understand why the PBs (and Arisa) keep saying that they’re legends because no other alliance has dominated and made it all the way like they did. Um, I’m pretty sure that two PBs didn’t even make it to the final 3. That means that half the alliance was booted by the other half when Kyra was still an option. What’s so legendary about that?

• Love 2

I know Adam was saying anything he could to stay but do you really think Anthony or Dane could win against Kyra? I know Kyra hasn't been good at comps but like Dane said, they have been a target since week two and they made it all the way to final 3. Plus they won HOH last week when it was critical that they win or else they would have gone home.... And the fact that Kyra is part of the LGBT community and it would be so "woke" for the winner to be non-binary.... Anyway just saying it might not be an easy win against Kyra. And, this is really all a moot rambling since I am sure Anthony/Dane will take each other. 

OMG when Damian said no wonder he didn't get in with the PB's because he doesn't have a big enough ego HILARIOUS!!

Sam said Mark would be next to be evicted because he wasn't part of the guys alliance... Huh??

1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

Yay!! Bye Adam!! Sorry not sorry but I laughed my ass off during their big sob session. 

i don’t understand why the PBs (and Arisa) keep saying that they’re legends because no other alliance has dominated and made it all the way like they did. Um, I’m pretty sure that two PBs didn’t even make it to the final 3. That means that half the alliance was booted by the other half when Kyra was still an option. What’s so legendary about that?

There is nothing legendary about them 🙄

• Love 2

Wow, that might be the worst jury/final 2 Q&A session ever. The audience clearly agreed with me because there was a lot of awkward silence after each answer. Every question was basically: “You betrayed me and I want an apology!” And every answer was basically the same:

Dane: Pretty Boys for life.

Anthony: I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME AT EVERYTHING EVER!

It was amusing watching their faces when they showed the clips of all the secrets. They all looked so nervous, as if they were still playing the game. I think my favourite part though was when Damien said the PBs used to discuss who Canada would vote for and his name never came up. 😂

Meh ending to a pretty crappy season. 

• Love 2