Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This is the first year since the Paq boys that I am less than wowed. I don't even ask my daughter what's happening on the live feeds (which is where the show really happens). I'm not even sure who I'm rooting for..maybe Dane's extra teeth retainer thingy? If he wins, maybe he could buy something a little more permanent so he can stop flipping that damn thing around.

Still love the Trevor Boris comps though.  And Arisa, who I don't find loud at all. The thing I like about her best - which you really can' t see from the TV, but you sure can at the live tapings - is her knowledge of the game whether it be Canada or US. She knows and greets all the former players who come, and she loves to talk game with the audience.

Something has to shake the house up to avoid a PB final 4. The Blood Veto was a dud. 

• Love 3

Arisia reminds me of Sonia the last AU host, she may well be a fan but she still comes across as a huge try hard. Sonia Kruger apparently wasn't a fan so that was worse, but the camping up they do is annoying.  It is more over the top than the US version.  All this silliness calling them agents.  The producers obviously decide what kind of show and audience they want (often very young, as was seen when the AU version moved channels).

Latest episode, mastermind edits are very boring to me as they try and suggest that most HGs don't have a brain of their own.  So I was happy to see that despite all the build up Anthony didn't get his way.  Cory does seem very paranoid and useless to me. 

Things are finally starting to get interesting now!

East coast shreds? It was 2 east coasters targetting a third! Or did I misunderstand?

Adam - "I gave that HOH to Corey. I could have won that easily." Are you frickin kidding me?!! She would have slayed him. Lol

I hope Sam gets backdoored. She lied to Corey's face. I get that it's a game, but that could have been handled differently. I think I would have told the truth, with my reasoning behind it..and then be promptly voted out I guess. Feels like mountains are made out of molehills sometimes.

I absolutely loved when Corey shut Kyra down. Kyra - "it feels like you're quizzing me right now." Corey - " you could take it that way." Love it!

Good episode. This is the first time that I'm looking forward to the next one...

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Pass the Tequila said:

I absolutely loved when Corey shut Kyra down. Kyra - "it feels like you're quizzing me right now." Corey - " you could take it that way." Love it!

Corey is such an interesting personality. She seems like such a sunny, confident person, very competitive when it's needed, like during her first 24 hours in the house, but able to fly under the radar when necessary. 

I admire the way she gets along with everyone, but isn't a people pleaser. She can do what she needs to without seeming at all apologetic, but also without seeming aggressive or offensive. 

I can see why no one believed she was only 29. She seems so mature, in a good way. 

(That said, her arm tattoos hurt my brain. It's like someone scribbled all over her arm. I'm a fan of Corey, but not a fan of her arm art. This season of BBCan is way too arm-tattoo intensive for me. Give me a beautiful, toned tattoo-less arm any day. YMMV.) 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 3

Does anyone know how long that endurance comp lasted? Usually they put in the corner "time elapsed: 1hr 22min" (e.g.) but I didn't notice that this time and wondered if it was because it only lasted 10-15 minutes. Haha. I probably would have lasted about 30 seconds.  

The competition looked like it suited someone who was lighter but had some strength, so I wasn't that surprised when Corey won it.

Corey just illustrates to me the problem of putting someone in late, not only that but telling the HGs that they've been voted in as well.  Both seem to have made her weak in the house.

Corey bugs me, well, they pretty much all do, especially when they don't think their name should ever come up as a possible boot, it's the same on Survivor, that's the goal in those games, get other people out, jeez .

It will be interesting to see if one of the Bros plays for the Veto and wins, if they'll take Dane off the block and get blood on their hands, be interesting to see.  Adam wouldn't do it for whatshisface.  Have a feeling that Evie will be going anyway, cause I never get my way.  

Edited by wintrygal

I have mixed feelings about Corey backdooring Sam.

On the one hand, finally someone made a pretty big move! It's always exciting when the HOH actually does what they say their going to do (in their talking heads) instead of chickening out. I mean generally speaking the show always edits it where you think some big thing is going to go down and then it doesn't and it's gotten to the point where I'll say to myself, that's not going to happen. If that happens I'll go out tomorrow and buy myself a new top. So it was a nice surprise that it actually happened!

BUT another woman going home? 👎 The pretty boys still together? 👎 Corey believing two guys over Sam? 👎 (What happened to girl power?) 

The pretty boys are going to make it until the end now. 

Oh yah and Este.... Get a clue!! That whole scene in the bathroom with Anthony was so cringeworthy.

• Love 4

Corey surprised me in this episode. She can be a lot pricklier and more unemotional than she first appeared. At one point, when she told everyone to go get ready for the veto ceremony, she sounded exactly like a teacher talking to her class. I had to remind myself she's only 29. 

Edited by Melina22
14 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

Now the question is, will Sam actually be voted out or will Adam somehow convince the p.b's to keep her....

I don't think Adam can convince them to do anything. If there's anything the PBs are not, especially Anthony, it's sentimental or easily convinced. I honestly think that if Adam hadn't fallen into that alliance, they'd have booted him by now. He seems like a really nice guy, but not hardline enough for this game. 

I totally expect Sam to leave tonight, and for Adam to get all emotional and be eaten up with guilt. But also to be relieved that he never had to be the one choosing to send her home. 

• Love 1

Wow. I actually feel bad for Sam. And Satan rage for Anthony. Ugh

Although she should have seen it coming sooner. (easy for me to say lol)

Poor clueless Este. Bless her heart.

I don't know how Sam is going to get out of this. Este has some friends. And Adam is too angry to beg and not overly strong in negotiating or strategy. Any guesses on who Damian would send home? I don't know the relationship between Kyra and anyone really. Otherwise the rest (excluding Adam of course) seem pretty dead set  on sending Sam packing.

Corey surprised me too, as someone else mentioned. She looked like she wanted to punch Adam in the throat, when he was just pointing out the obvious...that she'd been played. I wouldn't want to tick her off in a bar in Nfld! lol

Oh one more thing... I hate Dane. There, I'm done. lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Pass the Tequila said:

I wouldn't want to tick her off in a bar in Nfld! lol

Actually Corey lives not far from me in a little NB dairy town, but I totally agree with the punch-in-the-throat comment. That sure came out of left field. So much for East Coast Shreds! 

Yes, I felt bad for Sam too. She had zero chance of changing Corey's mind no matter what she said. I'm not even sure why. Plus she's been warning people about Dane forever, to no avail. It must be sooooo frustrating. 

It must be frustrating, yes, but.... She dug her own grave so to speak because she and former team mate Chelsea (uh... was that her name??) both had power in that house and knew the guys were up to something and chose to send women home instead. 

ETA: I'm not happy Corey is sending a woman home on her hoh either but at least she doesn't realize something's going on with the guys. Sam and Chelsea do/did. 

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Actually Corey lives not far from me in a little NB dairy town,

How interesting. Dish it up gurl! 😉

Seriously upon further reflection, I'm really glad that there were finally some bigger plays. I would have felt the initial same way if it had been anyone. Anthony and Dane are playing a really good game. Is it alright to still smh at how easily they can lie?

I think Sam and Adam's hormones got them hurt... directly or indirectly. Too distracting and detracting from the game. 

Also.. the piles of clothes scattered hither and yon drives me a bit batty. It doesn't look like they have closets and hangers, but still, they aren't teenagers.

• Love 2

I feel so vindicated! I spent the whole show telling my husband I was sure Arisa was pregnant. He said, "Maybe she's just fat". 😁 But the crazy thing is, I thought she was pregnant at the season premiere, then convinced myself it was my imagination. So now I can stop staring at her abdomen. 

41 minutes ago, Pass the Tequila said:

How interesting. Dish it up gurl! 😉

Oh, I would love to. Unfortunately, I know NOTHING. I just saw in her show bio that she was from Sussex, a modest little farming town near me. Maybe I'll see her at the farmer's market. Because that would be riveting gossip, right? 

So things turned out exactly as expected. Ho-hum. 

In or out, Dane. Seriously. 

When did the hoh comp being continued on the next episode become a thing? (Besides endurance comps). It's so annoying. Stop giving us filler like a montage of Adam and Sam's relationship so there's enough time tp show the whole comp!!

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

It must be frustrating, yes, but.... She dug her own grave so to speak because she and former team mate Chelsea (uh... was that her name??) both had power in that house and knew the guys were up to something and chose to send women home instead. 

ETA: I'm not happy Corey is sending a woman home on her hoh either but at least she doesn't realize something's going on with the guys. Sam and Chelsea do/did. 

They did but they also needed people like Cory, Kiki and Este to realise too so something could be done.  Cory as a latecomer to the game ends up being pretty useless.

I actually skipped through most of the last two episodes as it was all too predictable with how the edit was set up.  The whole Anthony masterplan edit has been forced down our throat for three episodes now and I find it very generic and boring.  Dane just isn't that likeable to me. 

• Love 2
On 4/11/2019 at 8:05 AM, Samwise979 said:

. I mean generally speaking the show always edits it where you think some big thing is going to go down and then it doesn't and it's gotten to the point where I'll say to myself, that's not going to happen. If that happens I'll go out tomorrow and buy myself a new top.

This! They did this again after Sam pitched to Mark. Leading me to believe he might "blow up the PBs" since he's "been wanting to do that since the double". Which would have been a great play, but no he's floating. I love the "buy myself a new top" comment... especially funny!

Adam is low man on the PB alliance now... not sure what to make of him. I think he and Sam should have approached Cory earlier together with specific details of when Dane first mentioned Corey on the block. With the east coast connection, it might have tipped the scales to Cory believing them. Instead Adam was being shielded/protected. Corey is going to feel like an idiot when she finds out the truth. Or I would if I were her. Anyway Sam is gone and the PBs are going to sweep this game apparently. Bleh.

Anyone else can't stand that alliance name? PBs seriously? Whose idea was that btw? It's getting on my nerves.

He's sort of made a stab at it, but I suspect it will come to nothing. 

I had to laugh at Damian's response to being nominated. A slight arch of his eyebrow. He's such an underreactor! 

I'm not hating the show, but I just don't feel invested in anyone at this point. It's a lot of shots of people wandering around in sweats, mostly chatting quietly. Usually you only get that at the very end. And sure, everyone is behaving in a civil, Canadian manner which I value highly in regular life, but it doesn't exactly make for riveting TV. 

• Love 4

I think the last scene says it all. 

(Paraphrasing)

Adam: even though mark and I were at each others throats this week, we're still working together and that speech was just a show. 

Mark: even though I nominated Adam this week, I've decided it's not the right time to make a big move so he is not my target.

• Love 1

I don't know what to make of this show. I understand that no one wants "blood on their hands"...but I'm so annoyed with all the tough talk (no action) and misleading editing. So I've made a similar, if not reverse deal...if they actually "do" go through with their big plans, I will give myself permission to eat a bag of Cheetos. If they don't go through with their bs talk.. I will not. At this rate, my summer clothes should look fabulous with those extra winter lbs gone!! 🏆👙

The farting is a huge turn off, but I suppose he was alone so at least no one had to suffer. 😝

Anthony's arrogance is off-putting. Can't stand him. Nor his sappy contrived back story about his mum. I'm sure his mother is great and all, but he is so scheming. If he wins this...Booooo! 👎(I don't have a middle finger emogie!)

Damian is a bit of a disappointment. That secret room and the 80's cassette recorder/player? I wonder what that means?? I wish Dane hadn't walked in...but shouldn't Damian and Este have hidden it right away?! I would have torn that thing into a million pieces and scattered it everywhere (concealed-ish). Waste other players' time putting it back together.

Corey - I think it's too late for her now. She seems too entrenched with Anthony and he's using her. Shouldn't she, Kyra, Damian, and Este (and maybe one of the guys) try to shift the power?

I can't remember who the 3 people were that Corey made "ride or die" deals with? Damian was one but who were the other two?

I'm not sure what the strategic advantage is with the whole "have not" selection process? Doesn't this just basically reveal who that person is not close with in the game? I'm not sure what the point is?

Kyra - is she a floater?

I wish I had the time to watch the live feeds. (After I figure out how to! lol) Is there any particular time of day that has more "action"? It seems like I'm missing something. Or at least I might feel less manipulated by the producers. Bleh.

Good comments above. Melina - say hi to Corey for me if you see her at the market. She's delusional right now but I hope she catches on before it's too late.😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

One thing I realized this season is that I really, really hate the diary room segments now on all versions of BB. When the show started, they were our chance to see the houseguests let down their guard and tell us what they were really thinking.

Now all we get are 30 second sound bites, usually in yelly or contrived voices, absolutely loaded with clichés. Blood on my hands... Target on my back... I'm going to win this veto... Throw me under the bus... The game is on... Aaaaaaahhhhhh!! 

If the diary room segments were any longer I'd just FF them because they're sooooo boring and pointless. Thank goodness the hamsters often talk to the cameras when they're alone so we can get a less stilted, more natural idea of their mood and thoughts. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Mark is full of shit, don't think he has any intention of busting up the Boys alliance, he'll hang around till they boot his ass out, I'm looking forward to it.  I think they do have to turn on each other soon tho, won't they need the votes of the sheep that are left to get each other out?

I think Anthonys is quite smart he comes across as very arrogant which makes it impossible to root for him, well for me anyway, can't stand those shit eating evil grins he constantly directs at the camera.   I also wonder if he makes it to final two, if the jury will even realize the hand that he played in some of the outcomes, not sure the houseguests are seeing what Canada is when it comes to him.   Could have lived without Dane's farting segment, are they that short of material to show us? Might be smart play to keep popping up in the file room, but it's irrating, no one gets a chance to spend five minutes in there before he shows up.  I reckon that tape recorder will come to naught just like everything else, and if it is something significant, it will be one of the jerks that get it, did Damian and Este even notice where Dane hid it?

Adam can go too, tho they'll keep him around, don't know why they think they need him, the rest of the sheep vote however the bros tell them too, they're so useless,and yet I watch like past seasons in the hope that something interesting will happen, I suck as much as they do I guess. 

• Love 3

Is this show over yet? I have 12 episodes on my PVR that I don'[ plan on watching. Another question, if this show isn't over yet, is the toothless hockey guy gone? If he is, could someone kindly let me know when he went so I can watch episodes after that. I just couldn't watch that kid.

• LOL 2

Este: "My strength is that everyone is underestimating me. " Um, no. People are estimating you about right. 

Este: "I'm so sick of being the damsel in distress." Dane :"I'm here to save you!". Este: "Hi, sweetie. Look how long my nails are!"

Este: "Mark is so weak! Putting me up when I can't win anything and I have absolutely no chance of winning! What a loser! " 

I assume she has a game plan. I just can't figure out what it is. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Well, another heavily edited "I'm gonna make a big move" with no follow through episode. Bravo show, bravo. 

I guess I'm still not buying myself that new shirt!

Anthony: why are you leaving me out of the plans like as if I'm Adam and I'm gonna go sit in the corner and cry? No! I'll just have a temper tantrum instead and freak out on all of you and run to Corey and warn her. 

Honestly I like Corey and hope she can win hoh again and get rid of one of the 4 so I'm glad the "big move" didn't happen but I am just sick of tptb making us think something is going to happen and then it doesn't. 

Hey, how come Dane never gets upset with the PB's when they nominate Este? He must really have his eyes on the prize. He's not letting a showmance get in his way. 

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 2

I'm really glad that so far Corey hasn't done anything inappropriate around Anthony, and I don't think she's going to, but still, watching the segments about the two of them, and people speculating about them must be super uncomfortable for her husband and family. It makes me cringe a little. 

16 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Hey, how come Dane never gets upset with the PB's when they nominate Este? He must really have his eyes on the prize. He's not letting a showmance get in his way.

Maybe he doesn't like her that much anyway.

• Love 2

Well I'm predicting that Damian and Kyra are next to go in the double and then Este. 

Out of the 4 I think Adam and Dane will be final 2 unless something REALLY BIG happens. Like Damian wins HOH or one of the PB's does a blindside during the double. But I won't keep my hopes up. 

1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

Ooh Anthony is going to be sooooo mad. Don't they know he's from Toronto? Don't they know they'll all be begging to leave the house? 😁😁😁

It's so funny he says that while being pretty certain that Adam is the one that nominated Corey. Yet he's all for the pretty boys. ??? 🙄

• Love 1

I liked it when Adam called him out for standing up to be more intimidating. Of course Anthony then said very passive aggressively "Oh sorry if you were intimidated." Fortunately Adam was smart enough not to react. 

But then Anthony decides tell them all he'd win over all of them. Way to keep your allies! 

• Love 2

I'm catching up on the last two episodes but only the last one is worth commenting on. And what a doozy! Omg omg omg!

13 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Out of the 4 I think Adam and Dane will be final 2 unless something REALLY BIG happens. Like Damian wins HOH or one of the PB's does a blindside during the double. But I won't keep my hopes up.  

I agree with this! And hope you get a nice new top! 😎

Seems to me that Mark and Anthony are in a weak position now. Este and Damian must be pissed at them. One possible scenario...the PB alliance splinters..and I think this has crossed Dane's mind regardless of editing. Adam certainly said it. Dane's got Este (and by virtue) Damian now, with Kyra (close with Adam) to toss Anthony or Mark. No? Pray that it does...pray pray pray pray...

Or maybe the PBs do go final 4? Either  way...Anthony..that friggin guy! What's he do for a living? I see his career path heading in the direction of a CEO exec type job (high percentage of pyschopaths there) ...with his complete disregard for people's views or feelings. Total bulldozer! "This mojo can't be bought or taught!" "I'm going to beat you and you and you, all of you!" I. Can. Not. Wait.... until he is voted out. Hate him. 😑

Hard to believe, but if Damian or even Kyra, who actually has some drama game - (stirring the pot is at least doing something!!) ..if they can't pull a win out of their hat... I'm rooting for Adam to win! He got a very kind edit last night so maybe I'm too suggestible. 😋

Looking forward to the next episode! 🤸

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I liked it when Adam called him out for standing up to be more intimidating. Of course Anthony then said very passive aggressively "Oh sorry if you were intimidated." Fortunately Adam was smart enough not to react.  

Oh! I wanted to comment on this. I caught that too!! Adam's fast and clever response was awesome. Epic fail for Anthony, who was indeed being passive aggressive and condescending to boot. He got totally shut down. And I could not keep my eyes off of his face for the rest of the show. Where'd that shit-eating grin go Anthony? 🙊

• Love 1

Even though I would love a woman to win (every season) and I don't love it when a few people seem to get power in the house and then manage to keep it all season, I'd be ok with Adam or Dane winning. It's not their fault no one else can win anything. At least they seem like nice guys. I absolutly hate when the winner has been a complete jerk the whole season. (Evil Dick and Paul from the US version come to mind as examples).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Oh yah, I loved Adam telling Anthony to sit down and have a conversation like a rational person and stop standing over them pointing his finger in all their faces. 

ETA: I feel like before Anthony's freak out, Dane and Adam would have cut Mark first. Now maybe it'll be Adam, Dane, Mark as final 3.

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Pass the Tequila said:

I wanted to comment on this. I caught that too!! Adam's fast and clever response was awesome. Epic fail for Anthony, who was indeed being passive aggressive and condescending to boot. He got totally shut down. And I could not keep my eyes off of his face for the rest of the show. Where'd that shit-eating grin go Anthony? 🙊

I can see how someone like Anthony could be very intimidating and persuasive in real life. He's physically large, and has a very big personality with lots of energy and intensity. I sense that several of the players find it hard to say no to him. I probably would too. Fortunately, Adam can do it. I suspect 90% because he's so mad about Sam. (I laughed when they showed Sam on the video and Adam was all, "Did you see her? She's so hot!" For a tall, muscular oil field worker, he's quite a marshmallow! 😁

• Love 1

I forgot something else!

Adam finding the flashlight and putting everything together to be the secret assassin?! And the suspenseful music!? I had fb goosebumps for 10 minutes, legit. The whole outcome of this show would have been quite different had he not figured everything out. Good job.🏆

I also really enjoyed hearing the audience reactions to the vote.

That's some good tv all around. 👏

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Samwise979 said:

(Evil Dick and Paul from the US version come to mind as examples). 

Good intel. I'm thinking of going back and watching some old seasons, previously recommended by someone here, for the Canadian version. And depending on how this all ends I might try out the next season of the US version. Is that in the fall? I'll be busy with the BIP trainwreck this summer. 😛

14 minutes ago, Pass the Tequila said:

Anyone else a bit aggravated by the circa 1950 guy mentality towards the women? Eg "she'll do what I tell her."

Some deservedly or not, I thought the younger generation guys these days had evolved more. 😞

Yes it is aggravating but worse is, they (the women) DO do whatever they tell them to. 

5 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

Yes it is aggravating but worse is, they (the women) DO do whatever they tell them to. 

I was just going to say this very thing! Este talks a good game in the diary room, but in reality she goes along with whatever the guys say. Cory is overall extremely strong minded, but Anthony can talk her into anything. You can't blame the guys for any of that. It's not like they're threatening or coercing the women. 

I wonder if any of the 4 will have enough guts to get rid of one of their own in the double (I doubt it).  Probably Kyra will be out. 

Anthony: Adam should have known once Dane was out, he should have dropped out too. ??? Say what ???

So, at this point, I think we all know that the p.b.'s are going to make it until the end. I'm going to be so mad if Mark or Anthony win. (More so Anthony) 

• Love 1
On 4/19/2019 at 2:41 PM, Pass the Tequila said:

I forgot something else!

Adam finding the flashlight and putting everything together to be the secret assassin?! And the suspenseful music!? I had fb goosebumps for 10 minutes, legit. The whole outcome of this show would have been quite different had he not figured everything out. Good job.🏆

I also really enjoyed hearing the audience reactions to the vote.

That's some good tv all around. 👏

I was at the taping on Thursday.   There was no love for Anthony at all.  And people were really happy Cory was leaving, as you said. She was a little peeved her speech got cut off though, and made faces for all the goodbye speeches except Anthony. She really thinks he's going to win, and didn't seem to get a clue that there were crickets when she said that. Her dress was much prettier in person than on TV.  Also, we had over an hour break while they got ready for the HOH, saw five minutes, and then we left. I was hoping we would have seen a little more of it considering we waited for so long, but nope. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Evenshorter said:

There was no love for Anthony at allAnd people were really happy Cory was leaving, as you said. 

Yes, I was surprised how enthusiastic the audience was when it became clear she was leaving. I'm not completely sure why she ended up being so unpopular, unless it was because she was against Sadam. For most of the season she was quiet and pleasant. It was only in the last couple of weeks that the tougher, rather unsympathetic side of her emerged. She and Anthony seem to have that in common. Maybe that's why they were so compatible. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 1