Type keyword(s) to search

Baskets - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That was adorable, but I could have done without his bitch French wife showing up. God, she is revolting. Loved the story line abut the kitty kats, even though I am not a cat person, I really loved this episode. But, what what what will be the paint color for his bedroom? Inquiring Minds Need to Know.  The mystery begins this season!  

• Love 3

I'm not a fan of Penelope either. Maybe if a different actress played her she'd be more tolerable. I don't mind a character that's supposed to be unlikable, but she just really grates.

Loved all the stuff with the cats, particularly when Ken and Christine were voicing the cats talking to each other.

I got a big chuckle out of Chip telling Martha's mom (wearing those big optometrist sunglasses, "Good luck with welding class."

• Love 5

I love Susan nearly as much as I hate Penelope. And I hate that Penelope's in California because that just means she's going to a plot point. 

I thought it was adorable that Christine and Ken were Facetiming each other from their separate rooms in the same house.

Why was I not at all surprised to learn that Martha's life coach was some random lady giving pep talks n a room that I would normally describe as "conference room at the airport Hilton"? I guess I should give her some credit since she got Chip to realize/admit that he wanted to move out, but shouldn't any sane person have been able to tell him that? Hell, Martha was telling him that as soon as she found out.

On a side note, I know that sometimes there are shared household responsibilities in a roommate situation, but being expected to watch someone's child and wipe the poop out of a cloth diaper while someone takes an hour long shower? NOPE.

I'm all for Chip getting his own place, but I can't imagine if I had told my parents that I needed a down payment on a condo so that I could move out. This can't possibly end well either and I don't want Christine on the hook when he can't make his monthly payments. I don't know why anyone would want to live right next to a bullet train. Then again, it will be another 7-9 years before that happens!

• Love 3

I seriously question a life coach's skill if she pushes a client to ask his mother for a loan. 

However, I do like how supportive Christine and Ken are. Ken is a real sweetie.

Oh and I love when Ken and Christine were eating the free Arby's and laughing about one of the curly fries.

4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't know why anyone would want to live right next to a bullet train. Then again, it will be another 7-9 years before that happens!

If, big IF that happens.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, peeayebee said:
On 6/23/2019 at 7:13 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't know why anyone would want to live right next to a bullet train. Then again, it will be another 7-9 years before that happens!

If, big IF that happens.

By that time Chip will be dead of stupidity or, at the very least, evicted. I don't know how he and Dale have managed to survive this far! If it weren't for Christine, Ken, and Martha, I wouldn't be able to watch the two of them f*ing up everything they touch.

• Love 1
On 6/18/2019 at 1:35 PM, bilgistic said:

I love this show so much. Chip's comments to Martha's mom were gold. Martha's STILL wearing that cast!

"I just walked away."

Is that the same cast?  I watched the first season and then the show dropped off my radar until Ep 2.  (To be honest, I let it drop off because it was just too weird, and I didn't like how Chip treated Martha.)

I adored this episode, mostly because of Christine.  She and Ken are so sweet together.  She looks so contented.

Hoping the rest of the season answers some of my questions, like how did Chip end up in such a horrible living situation?  Is he just a sucker for Chip Jr.?

• Love 1

Oh Lord how I hate Penelope. It's not even a fun hate watch! 

I love how Ken and Christine are especially with each other. I loved how Christine is so AMAZED and appreciative about things like the tapenade etc that Ken assembled! WOW!!! HOW DID YOU DO THAT, KEN!?!?!??

I don't in general have a problem with parents who can afford to give/loan their adult child money for a down payment but Chip is an unemployed rodeo clown with a terrible attitude and life choices so am a bit concerned.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DiabLOL said:

I don't in general have a problem with parents who can afford to give/loan their adult child money for a down payment but Chip is an unemployed rodeo clown with a terrible attitude and life choices so am a bit concerned.

Chip is not the most fiscally responsible person so I would not hand over a down payment to him until he demonstrated that he could handle being responsible for at least a few months. He doesn't NEED to buy a condo. He could rent an apartment which would not require a multiyear financial commitment. Since he doesn't make very much money, Christine will probably end up having to cosign on his condo and I don't want her to lose her house, the rodeo, or her retirement/savings when Chip inevitably can't scrape together enough money for his monthly payments.

• Love 4

Well, I, for one can not wait for an action packed Martha episode tonight, Martha Gets Drunk on Sherry, should be exciting.... Hope she doesn't break her other arm while drunk. Snort Snort. I LOVE THIS SHOW, it is so wonderfully droll. 

• Love 4

I was sad to see Christine at the home of her cruel friend (whose name escapes me now). I thought she dumped her last season. 😞

And yes! Bitchy Martha is the best Martha! I hope she continues to try to be less of a doormat to Chip—and everyone else.

Oh! I didn't realize that was the bad friend! She was really familiar to me but I thought it was because the actress was. She was so full of herself and condescending to Christine "maybe something in my kitchen will inspire you" etc I LOVED the quest for the right kitchen slogan. It was so serious!

• Love 3
(edited)

S4.E4: Affirmations

Dale orders a cheeseburger at a Chinese restaurant.

Promo:

Clips:

Tammy's morning routine

Chinese cheeseburger

Father/daughter bonding

Original air date: 7/11/19

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

It took me a while to get "head tomatoes." But, yes, it's perfect for Christine. And I loved the scene at Sears with Jordan and Christine looking at all the signs. I need to go back and see what all of them were.

I was sure at the end we'd see all the magnets on Chip's refrigerator. When we didn't, I went back to see if they were in the scene where he opened his fridge only to find mustard. But, no. I suppose they'll turn up at the end of the season.

Oh my god, how sweet was Ken to turn the new kitchen into Christine's old kitchen. And the letter magnets on the fridge were perfect. I can't wait to see what slogans Christine comes up with.

I think the life coach is not a fraud. She seems good for Chip. I hope he continues to make progress. It was so funny how rude and insulting Martha was at Tammy's house. (Her name is Tammy, right?) I love when in the group circle Chip said he hated cats, then Martha said he took her answer. 😄

• Love 2
On 6/29/2019 at 12:59 AM, JakeyJokes said:

I love how Martha is such a good friend to Chip.

Yeah, but Chip is not a good friend to Martha. I'm glad Martha is becoming more assertive, but, sadly, she still let Chip run over her. Chip and Dale are both abominations. They both run over Christine and that is beyond unacceptable. I'm so glad she has Ken, he is a treasure!

• Love 4

On the surface, the "Dale orders a cheeseburger" episode would seem boring, but with this show, the drama is in the small details. Then something really funny happens, Dale at the trailer park, and going back a bit, Chip and Dale's ridiculous fight through their entire house.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I thought this was a great episode. They managed to involve all the major characters, and also Dale's daughter who I had forgotten about. I like how the theme of this season is "Chip growing up" too. It seems like they might be leading up to maybe him taking over the rodeo at the end of the season and finally becoming responsible. 

Edited by Phishbulb
  • Love 2

I'm not a physical person but I wanted to smack Dale upside his stupid head at the Chinese restaurant.  Was the "bun" on his "hamburger" egg foo yung?  It looked good.

How is it that Christine raised two such infuriating sons?

I wonder if Dale knows that Christine bought that condo and that Chip is living there. 

I thought the bathroom stuff was funny.  I've done that -- dropped in on family just to use the facilities.  I always called first though.   

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I'd say she was too lenient with them, but that still doesn't explain either of them. Every so often Chip edges toward redemption, but then he treats either Christine or Martha like crap or does something incredibly idiotic or self-serving and all is washed away. I don't think there's any hope for Dale, though. He is beyond the pale.

I have a feeling Chip won't even make his first mortgage payment/condo fee/utility bill, he'll eventually be evicted, and Christine will be out the $$$ again. I'm glad Christine went to Boulder with Ken. She needs to wash her hands of both these losers.

It's not even funny anymore. I get so upset with these two (Chip and Dale) that I can barely watch, but I enjoy the other characters so much I keep coming back.

Edited by Ms Lark
spelling.
  • Love 6

I find the whole shotgun dad schtick so loathsome that I had a hard time with this episode. At least the daughter new he was full of shit. I love that they're giving Martha more to do this season.

• Love 5

I thought the burger looked like a Big Mac, like someone on the restaurant staff had gone to buy and re-serve it because they didn't have the ingredients--like buns--to make a burger.

Dale telling Christine not to give his daughter her (Christine's) phone because she was going to "post pictures of her 'titties' on the internet...Twitties!" cracked me up. He's such a jackass, but the one-liners on this show take me out.

Is it me or does it look like the makeup crew might be doing something weird with "Dale's" nose now? It's distracting. It looks longer/more hooked. "Chip" and "Dale" used to look identical except for their hairstyles. Dale's mullet is something else.

• Love 3

Not one of my favorite eps, but there are still things I liked in it. The waitress at the Chinese restaurant and the dept store employee were small but precise characters. The waitress was patient, gracious, and understanding, and the clothing salesman had that funny little line after Chip said he wanted something to make him look grown up -- "Let's get out of the boys department," or something like that.

I also like the Korean church pastor.

It doesn't take long for me to get sick and tired of Dale. 

I can't remember if we learned what Ken's plans are concerning his business. Does he manage it long-distance? Does he make regular trips back to Boulder?

Did we know that Martha works with a woman named Chrysanthemum?

I hope Chip sticks with his self-improvement plan and that it helps him.

• Love 4
On 7/13/2019 at 11:03 PM, peeayebee said:

Not one of my favorite eps, but there are still things I liked in it. The waitress at the Chinese restaurant and the dept store employee were small but precise characters. The waitress was patient, gracious, and understanding, and the clothing salesman had that funny little line after Chip said he wanted something to make him look grown up -- "Let's get out of the boys department," or something like that.

I am a small adult male who often shops in the boys' department and am somewhat of a Chip, so that part truly spoke to me!

On 7/12/2019 at 10:18 PM, AuntiePam said:

I

This is actually really interesting to me. I think it's a combo of this:

-Christine was raised by a volatile alcoholic father and an emotionally abusive mother. She then married a man that was a lot like her father.

-She felt a lot of guilt over her husband' suicide, which was always said to be an accident.

-Because she grew up in such a disharmonious house and felt that she let Chip and Dale down, she didn't ever want to rock the boat. To argue would be to have a house with fighting. She loves them, but she's pouring out of an empty cup. Somewhere down the line she adopts the other twins; she never sees them but she loves to discuss their accomplishments.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I was SO worried that when  Christine went into the room marked "Private" she'd find some hurtful deal breaker about Ken. I know he's too good to be true but I need him to stay that way and for the two of them to stay happy and together forever.

Her facial expressions when the restaurant owner came over was GOLD! Man, I still can't get over how great an actor Louie Anderson is!

• Love 11
11 hours ago, DiabLOL said:

I was SO worried that when  Christine went into the room marked "Private" she'd find some hurtful deal breaker about Ken. I know he's too good to be true but I need him to stay that way and for the two of them to stay happy and together forever.

Me too.  Especially when I saw all those photos on the walls. 

It sure looks like the writers are working toward a split, with Ken being so happy to be back in Denver, and Christine seeing how popular he is.  Ken seems the type of guy who could be happy anywhere -- I hope Christine realizes that. 

But there's not much drama -- or comedy -- in a happy relationship.

I'm kicking myself for being surprised at Chekhov's concrete block there at the end. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, DiabLOL said:

Her facial expressions when the restaurant owner came over was GOLD! Man, I still can't get over how great an actor Louie Anderson is!

DiabLOL, I read the first paragraph and gave you a Like, then I read the second and wanted to give you another Like.

First, yes, when Christine went in the Private room, I was all "Oh noooo." I'm so glad nothing bad happened. Funny that Ken collects special carpeting, or at least carpeting that is special to him.

Second, I couldn't stop watching Louie when Ken was talking with his old friend. Louie was so good at showing Christine's resentment and insecurity.

And then the ex-wife. I'm very happy that neither of Ken's women friends were mean or rude to Christine and just seemed like lovely people.

I loved the running bit of Christine watching her surveillance videos and being all "What the heck!"

4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I'm kicking myself for being surprised at Chekhov's concrete block there at the end. 

Ha! Yeah, that was a good surprise. Good for us; bad for Chip. He's really got to be hurt. Not that I wish ill for him, but I hope in the next ep we see the bad injury, and not just a little scrape.

I really hated how both Chip and Dale were dealing with the teenagers, though together they seemed to handle it well. Except for drinking with underage boys.

Christine giving Chip business cards was sweet.

Chip: Why does it have a wrench on it?
Christine: Because you're a hard worker.

I liked the slapstick of Chip and his briefcase.

• Love 3