Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Bridezilla Of Bimini

• Start Topic

It was hard to concentrate on what Jackie and Delores were discussing because I was too distracted by Delore's gold necklace disappearing and reappearing. The continuity monkey was asleep during the editing of that scene.

The ladies all looked lovely in their dusty pink bridesmaid dresses, but Marty looked like he'd slept in his suit. Danielle has been engaged 20 times and that's the slub she married? His relationship with his adult children obviously isn't damaged that badly if they were at the wedding.

2 minutes ago, sATL said:

has anyone found the gown online ? This show is known for dropping big nbrs to impress. It's easy to say , 3rd hand, that the gown was more than it really was.. And is it possible that its like dress that those were at award shows? Meaning they don't own the dress, but to wear it to get the design or designers name out there.

Did we ever get the designer's name or business on camera? I do agree that there is no way that Danielle spent that amount on that dress. She likely borrowed, rented, or bought a secondhand dress.

The shows that do a ton of product placement are Shahs, RHoOC, RHoNY, and Vanderpump rules. Though the Priv, Nivea lotion, and Aldi's wine were some of the least elegant and most obtrusive. El Pollo Loco on Flipping Out was basically seamless. Coors and Taco Bell didn't appear to be product placement on VdPR until about 2017; all of that previous shots of those products were because the cast authentically loves them. Kyle Chan is the jeweler for Vanderpump Rules. We've seen designers allow filming in their clothing boutiques in exchange for prominently featuring their name and clothing logo, a prominent shot of the clothing, and often a shot of the cast member trying on the clothes or wearing them at an event, but the designer name or label name is always shown.

2 minutes ago, sATL said:

Tito's Vodka ?

Yep. If you have a chance to go back and watch some of the other Bravo shows during the last 3 or 4 years, you'll see it both prominently displayed and ordered specifically by name. It's absolutely happened on RHoOC, RHoBH, RHoNY (which is interesting because Bethenny's SkinnySwill deal doesn't supersede the Tito's arrangement so both are often prominently shown side by side), Shahs of Sunset, Top Chef, and Southern Charm. Once you notice it, it's hard to unsee it.

• Love 5
On 12/30/2018 at 8:39 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

It’s Margaret’s fault cause it’s raining? Bitch you would have thrown a fit that she wasn’t up to the minute Doppler raider for you if she didn’t tell you ...... that dude had 1000s of red flags telling him don’t marry this woman and he went in feet first he deserves whatever she puts him through. Crazy D is like that chick from fatel attraction she goes super pysocotic when she thinks you are pulling away from her or not giving her the attention she thinks you should be giving her. Remember when she stalked Ts party with her daughters in the car?  Run away Marge run away 

I kept thinking "Does Danielle think Marge is Storm from the X-Men?"

Or Danielle thinks that Marge can somehow manifest good weather through some type of The Secret positive thoughts. In which case, why didn't Danielle manifest a better marriage? Or maybe that's Marge's fault too.

• Love 2

Was this a good episode of RHONJ? Hell yeah!

But apart from that....o.m.g. Danielle has never been more of a nightmare then this season and this wedding being such a focal point for someone who isnt even an official friend of is kind of hilarious. The cast promoting RHONJ have been so weird because they keep posting pics from the wedding as if everything is good between them when its not....just bizarre. 

It was funny that practically everyone at Danielles wedding didnt have any hope for her marriage what so ever but just came along for the ride. Everyone telling Marty why he shouldnt be getting married to her, classic. It was interesting that Danielle was so ready to take out all of her anger on The Marge, someone who she's been friends with for all of a year and someone who has stood up for her since they met. But lord have mercy! Marge! You knew you were going for a beach photoshoot, at least try girl, like she had her face hidden in so many of those photos (which Danielle has only posted screenshots from the episode so idk if the photographers were even real or if she bothered to pay them) and she just made herself look more ridiculous then she needed to be.

Definitely a RHONJ classic and they dont have many from their newer seasons.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Does anyone know more about Marty? How did they meet- where his $ comes from etc etc. It just seems to random and not real (and I get that it didn't work out ).  It just seems so contrived. I mean with all her grace (snark snark) being all over the place public- how would someonemarty decide this is the woman to marry???

Maybe this has been discussed before? If so please steer me along. thank you

I’ve wondered about this myself...there was a rumor that he was a former Yankee but that turned out not to be true, so I’m real curious to know what he does for a living/retired from. Danielle said that the next guy she married had to be rich, so he has to be doing all right financially. That being said, I really doubt he jumped into this blindly. Him and Danielle were together long before she was back on the show, lived together and everything. He said to Page 6 that she “changed” when she signed onto HWs again, but Danielle has been showing us her crazy since season one, where her own daughter verified in that Broadly article that she was being her authentic self. So he had to know what she was like before he asked her to marry him. I don’t want to think that an established man in his 60s would be completely led into a bad decision by his penis, but I guess power of the p***y and all that. If these shows are a true reflection of who she is, I don’t really see her having any other redeeming qualities other than being moderately attractive and having a great body.

On a purely superficial note, she did look beautiful in her gown ( a bit much for a beach wedding but it was nice) and that dusty rose color of the bridesmaids dressed were nice too. And because it can’t be said enough, her daughters are stunning.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, Showthyme said:

I didn't watch the entire episode just long enough to see some of the wedding ceremony. Danielle's body language was interesting. From the torso up, Danielle was leaning away from Marty. 

Dress was pretty but not suitable for a beach wedding. I agree with Flying Egret. Way too many bridesmaids for someone who has been married before. 

I don't understand beach weddings in general, and especially for large wedding parties and many guests. To me, a beach wedding warrants a few family and friends who are not required to get all dressed up to walk through the sand and sit in the sun and wind.  

Way too many bridesmaids for anyone, in my humble opinion.   Everyone I know who has had super large wedding parties (admittedly few people) have lived to regret it.   I think anything over 4 just becomes too many people to juggle and is just for show at that point.   My husband and I had one attendant each and it was perfect.  

This episode just made me hate Jennifer even more.  She's such a little snot and really does think she's better than everyone else.  It's fine to be proud of your culture but you don't have to put down others in order to show that pride.  Honey, you're not convincing anyone that arranged marriages are a good thing people should strive for.  Give me a break.

Danielle is THE WORST.   I really thought her antics were just for the show but according to an interview I listened to with Margaret, she was like that even when the cameras weren't there.   She's just a nasty piece of work.  Color me confused about how she ended up with such lovely daughters.  

I can't believe Marty bought that "it was just a test!" line from Joe.  He didn't even say it that convincingly!  Heh.  I do like the two Joe's together and really like Margaret's Joe.  He seems like a genuinely good guy who adores his wife (without humping her leg 24/7 like the other Joe.)

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, kicksave said:

Margaret is growing on me but her loser husband who doesn't work and lives off of her income makes me nauseous. His constant compliments to her on her body, face and outfits is a little much and sometimes cringe worthy.

Where did you get that he doesn't work from?  He's a general contractor, like Joe Gorga.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, kicksave said:

Yes...I know he’s a plumber and a contractor but apparently he doesn’t seem to have many or any clients...hasn’t even finished one project in Margaret’s house.

Well, he's not being paid for that project, so I assume he's doing it on his downtime.   Considering his lack of downtime, it would be a safe assumption that he works quite a bit.  I believe all the men on this show work.  Just because they're not filmed physically working doesn't mean they don't have jobs or clients. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, kicksave said:

I doubt that...looks like he's slacking around the house much of time and certainly had a lot of free time to wait hand and foot on Margaret's mother post face lift. Whatever...I really don't care about what he does or doesn't do.

What a scumbag, taking time off of work to help his mother in law recover from surgery for a few days!   That guy is a real creep!

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

I’ve wondered about this myself...there was a rumor that he was a former Yankee but that turned out not to be true, so I’m real curious to know what he does for a living/retired from. Danielle said that the next guy she married had to be rich, so he has to be doing all right financially. That being said, I really doubt he jumped into this blindly. Him and Danielle were together long before she was back on the show, lived together and everything. He said to Page 6 that she “changed” when she signed onto HWs again, but Danielle has been showing us her crazy since season one, where her own daughter verified in that Broadly article that she was being her authentic self. So he had to know what she was like before he asked her to marry him. I don’t want to think that an established man in his 60s would be completely led into a bad decision by his penis, but I guess power of the p***y and all that. If these shows are a true reflection of who she is, I don’t really see her having any other redeeming qualities other than being moderately attractive and having a great body.

On a purely superficial note, she did look beautiful in her gown ( a bit much for a beach wedding but it was nice) and that dusty rose color of the bridesmaids dressed were nice too. And because it can’t be said enough, her daughters are stunning.

I think she changed to the point where her dramatics were even more dramatic by her usual standards. But even her usual standards are crazy (just see the recording her ex-bf leaked ways back) though Danielle has to have been able to keep herself somewhat "normal"  at times so he mightve gotten lucky when they first got together.

23 hours ago, Marley said:

Normally Joe Gorga annoys me but him and Joe B were cracking me up. Marty is a tool. Throwing the drink on Joes pants was super lame. Throw it in his face if you are gonna go for it lol.

I hope Margaret and Danielle are no longer friends. Danielle is a wack job and total jerk. I had a friend like her once and it was one of the most draining friendships I ever had. Once I stopped being friends with that person I felt free.

Jennifer can leave anytime she’s annoying and I don’t care about her brothers mail order bride. She seems to think this is some love at first sight thing but it’s more like the woman her brother is marrying just really wants out of Turkey.

I agree - also, did anyone else notice when Jennifer and her brother were at the jewelry story buying the "engagement" cross, Jennifer made commented something about her family owns the jewelry store, so "she" (meaning her brother's future fiancee) would be getting a good discount.  I thought this was a strange comment - shouldn't Jennifer's brother be  buying the engagement gift?  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I agree - also, did anyone else notice when Jennifer and her brother were at the jewelry story buying the "engagement" cross, Jennifer made commented something about her family owns the jewelry store, so "she" (meaning her brother's future fiancee) would be getting a good discount.  I thought this was a strange comment - shouldn't Jennifer's brother be  buying the engagement gift?  

Yes I caught this too !  ?????????

I did not get it either. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, sATL said:

Probably until little Audiranna goes to college. 

I wonder if the girls will even go to college; I can't imagine Teresa having the intelligence or foresight to save or start a college fund.  She would rather spend that $$$ on tacky designer clothes, luxury cars, or crap for that ugly ass house.  I hope I'm wrong because it looks like Gia really wants to go.  And as Milania matures I see potential in her as well; she may be obnoxious but she seems pretty smart as well.  She needs an outlet.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Up, but not good. Miami had comparable ratings in its final season. Some episodes were about 10% higher than this episode; others were about 10% lower. These ratings are about comparable to seasons 1 and 2 of Below Deck: Mediterranean. Seasons 2 and 3 of Don't be Tardy had similar ratings, but it was much cheaper to produce because of its smaller cast. Teresa is reportedly earning a million dollars a season. Melissa earns something in the high six figures. Jennifer and Jackie are probably not making too much money. I think the baseline is $100K or $150K. Marge and Danielle might make similar amounts. Danielle is a friend, but she's been around for awhile; that usually means you get a slight salary bump. Dolores probably makes more than Marge.

It has lower ratings than Below Deck, Vanderpump Rules, and Southern Charm. Potomac has on average 10K - 20K fewer viewers and has much lower cast salaries. I'll just put it this way, this is not a healthy show; it doesn't have the cushion to absorb additional viewership loss.

I've never really liked this show and I've watched it off and on for most of the time. I've always that thought that this was the most provincial and bigoted cast out of all of them. I think Teresa is profoundly ignorant and continues to make sure that it's going to be a multi-generational thing by passing that shit down to her children. The only things I've ever found sort of interesting about Teresa is her very screwed up family dynamics with her brother and la bambina mafiosa.

I noticed the Tito's label was blurred out at the conch shack. Bravo has a long standing product agreement with Tito's. We often see it displayed fairly prominently on tons of other Bravo shows. If Tito's has withdrawn its product placement with Bravo as a whole or just RHoNJ, it makes me wonder if loss of that income/consideration hurts RHoNJ.

When it comes to product placement and advertisements, I'm pretty sure the contracts are with the networks and not the shows. We see evidence of this a lot with Fox News recently - every time an on-air personality says something really controversial, advertisers pull their ads from that particular time slot to distance themselves from that person, but their ads are just shifted to run more during other shows that are on the network, otherwise it would be the advertisers taking a loss.  From what I've read, Bravo also take a cut of business and/or product promotions on the show so the more we see a HW promote on the show, the more money Bravo probably makes from her...probably no coincidence that among the highest paid cast members on each franchise are those that are promoting their own businesses and/or products. On RHoNJ, Teresa and Melissa have the highest pay cheques because they likely are more valuable to the network in this regard and probably why they are able to negotiate higher salaries compared to their other castmates. Also, some of Bravo's stars attract more mainstream meda attention than others, which in turn promotes the show and network. Teresa being of those Bravo stars that is able to do this (though often not for good reasons). While viewership plays a part, it's definitely not as straight forward as a scripted TV show which makes it interesting to learn but also hard to predict rhyme and reason for who stays and who goes and how the network determines the value of each person on the cast.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I wonder if the girls will even go to college; I can't imagine Teresa having the intelligence or foresight to save or start a college fund.  She would rather spend that $$$ on tacky designer clothes, luxury cars, or crap for that ugly ass house.  I hope I'm wrong because it looks like Gia really wants to go.  And as Milania matures I see potential in her as well; she may be obnoxious but she seems pretty smart as well.  She needs an outlet.

Gabriella will go if only to get away from the crazy...its no telling what Juicy will be like once he gets  home.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, kicksave said:

I doubt that...looks like he's slacking around the house much of time and certainly had a lot of free time to wait hand and foot on Margaret's mother post face lift. Whatever...I really don't care about what he does or doesn't do.

But we see him for like two-minute increments once a week.

• Love 7

Kathy Wakile's daughter went to Caldwell University in NJ - it's a small regional school up here.  SHe looked at bigger universities, as we saw on the show, but according to Kathy, she chose to stay closer to home.  

Danielle has always made me incredibly uncomfortable.  At first I thought she was deeply wounded, and the way the cast treated her, especially in season 2, made me feel sick to my stomach.  Like they were torturing an already injured animal or some such thing.  But now, and in hindsight, she outright scares me - as in, the one day I think she'll snap and go kill somebody kind of crazy.  I truly have no idea why Bravo has brought her back into the fold as I see her and see nothing but a giant liability.   I can't understand why anybody lets this woman into their life, and if Margaret is smart (and I do believe she is), I think she should run for the hills as fast as she can.  Nothing good will come of her relationship with Danielle.  Absolutely nothing.  Her statements of "I demand respect."  Her inability to let go of the small "wrong doings" of her friends.  Her willingness to damage family ties for the sake of her own personal gain (and I'm not talking just Marty).  All of it is wrong - and that's just scratching the surface of it.  She allegedly lives in the town next to me.  If I were to ever see her I'd run in the opposite direction.

Soooo, Jackie's parents did time.  Tre & her husband are doing time.  Delores' husband/ex/fuckbuddy has been disbarred.  Danielle was arrested for aggravated assault.  Jacqueline and her husband filed for bankruptcy.  Caroline's father in law was found dead in the trunk of a car.  Joey G & Melissa have a rap sheet full of shade.  Margaret recently filed for bankruptcy.  Interesting NJ crew.  Can't Andy Cohen find anybody in NJ without these major skeletons?    

That said, I like Jackie, I don't want to hold her parents faults against her, but I'm just adding it to the list.  And in defense of Teresa, Jackie is talking about her parents crimes after 15 years of perspective?  Dolores is right, you really can't compare the two.  Who knows, after Juicy gets home and the fam has lived in Italy for 15 years or so, they will look back and it will be something they talk about.   Jackie would probably gain some mileage with Tre if she approached her with that story - told her about her experience when she was not that much older than Gia. 

On a side note, my husband and I often look around this area of NJ and wonder what we're doing wrong.  We work hard, make a good combined salary, and check all the right boxes, yet somehow we're surrounded by this obscene amount of wealth that just doesn't make any sense to us.    I'm beginning to think that it's not that we're doing something wrong, instead everybody else doing it wrong and it's only a matter of time before everybody either files for bankruptcy or serves time for tax evasion and fraud.   

• Love 14
On 12/31/2018 at 9:54 AM, snarts said:

Teresa the OG of NJ in Bravo's eyes.  She's not going anywhere.

But I wonder if Teresa is the reason or we're tuning in to get on our Danielle hate for being a bitch and her wedding sturm and drang?  Teresa's judgmental bullshit on Marge ("she's being so negative"!) pissed me off.  This woman is being Danielle's fucking punching bag and Our Lady of No Common Sense puts the onus on Marge for being negative???  If it rained on the wedding day, Danielle would have been screeching at Marge that she didn't warn her and that if she knew it was going to rain she should have DONE something to mitigate and save the day!  

And Jackie isn't "harming [your] children", Guidice.  No one can or will harm your children to the extent you and that piece of shit you married did.  Jackie's only crime is reminding you that Joe isn't "away" but in PRISON.  You two were the architects of your own destruction.  

• Love 11
18 hours ago, njbchlover said:

8 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Yes I caught this too !  ?????????

I did not get it either. 

The way she phased it was kind of weird. I think she meant after her brother marries this woman, she will then get the family discount. Which is still stupid considering its probably the brother that will be buying the crap anyway.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Yay, Gia!!!  I really like Tre’s daughters, yes all of them.  Isn’t this the school where Kathy Wakile’s daughter went?  I thought it was a smallish school in CT, as well, but I could be completely losing my mind.

from ( link ) -  " Gia is getting ready to go to college. After visiting Rutgers University with her mom in the fall, Gia has been accepted to at least four colleges so far: Quinnipiac University, the University of Alabama, Penn State, and the University of Scranton."

If Gia has acceptances already that means she applied early decision/acceptance...

Univ of Alabama ??? wow Gia - you are really trying to get physically away from crazy.. Penn State is ranked kinda up there (top 50), right ?

I just can't picture Tre' prancing around with the freshman parents in Tuscaloosa, AL, during freshman weekend, sorry

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

I can't understand why anybody lets this woman into their life, and if Margaret is smart (and I do believe she is), I think she should run for the hills as fast as she can.  Nothing good will come of her relationship with Danielle.  Absolutely nothing. 

Margaret seems to have learned her lesson BUT GOOD about Danielle. I don't follow any Housewives on twitter, but I read Margaret's feed during every commercial of a NJ episode because her Danielle jabs are <chef's kiss> perfection. 

• Love 5

Jackie's either the worst actress ever or the least sensitive human of all time. She knew exactly what she was doing with that comment - she went for the low blow and she just won't own it.

To me, it's like Rinna with the wine glass in Amsterdam. If you intentionally and maliciously go after someone's kids, parents, or spouse, you should expect an explosion and to be screamed at. Sorry. Maybe it's my Italian-American roots, but I'd have the exact same reaction and I'm highly educated. Jackie's lucky Teresa didn't physically attack her. Jackie is also a raging elitist who thinks intelligence is a virtue. People like that get under my skin. 

Jackie is sitting with Delores pretending that she was arguing a logical point about the nation's budget or how much the price of eggs should be. Um, no. You inserted yourself into an argument that had zip to do with you and decided to be a bitch. OWN IT. Only a moron would expect an apology after behaving that way. Aren't you supposed to be super intelligent, Jackie?

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, sATL said:

from ( link ) -  " Gia is getting ready to go to college. After visiting Rutgers University with her mom in the fall, Gia has been accepted to at least four colleges so far: Quinnipiac University, the University of Alabama, Penn State, and the University of Scranton."

If Gia has acceptances already that means she applied early decision/acceptance...

Univ of Alabama ??? wow Gia - you are really trying to get physically away from crazy.. Penn State is ranked kinda up there (top 50), right ?

I just can't picture Tre' prancing around with the freshman parents in Tuscaloosa, AL, during freshman weekend, sorry

Replying in Tre’s thread

7 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

When it comes to product placement and advertisements, I'm pretty sure the contracts are with the networks and not the shows.

I believe it is actually both. A producer from Vanderpump Rules gave an interview about how that cast was very good at finding and negotiating comps and product placement. Taco Bell didn't start as product placement on Vanderpump Rules, but transitioned to it in the past 2 years. They even managed to go slightly viral when Jax admitted that he cheated on Brittany while wearing a Taco Bell sweatshirt.

7 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

From what I've read, Bravo also take a cut of business and/or product promotions on the show so the more we see a HW promote on the show, the more money Bravo probably makes from her...probably no coincidence that among the highest paid cast members on each franchise are those that are promoting their own businesses and/or products.

What you've mentioned above is actually a little different from product placement and negotiating comps. What you've described is the profit sharing clause in some, but not all of the Bravolebrities contracts; one of the limitations is if you entered the show with an existing brand or product. The profit sharing clause was included in the initial contracts, but not really pressed because no one thought any of the Bravo stars would make any money. It famously was and continues to be absent from Bethenny's contracts so Comcast/NBC Universal gets a whopping 0% from her business endeavors and they still pay her $1 million per season. The SkinnyGirl sale was the reminder to NBC Universal that they couldn't be so lax with demanding that contract provision.

I'm unsure about how much NBC Universal has a cut of LVP's products because many of her products and brand expansions started under her existing corporation name, her existing restaurants, or the Pinky Beverly Hills LLC they started right before filming began and probably before she signed her contract. LVP is one of the highest compensated wives in Beverly Hills even though NBC is likely not getting a cut from her products.

NBC Universal usually demands that you waive the license fees for using your music on a show if you are a reality tv cast person on one of their shows. However if you come in there with some success and leverage, you can negotiate. It's clear that Kandi only occasionally waives the fees to use her music; she probably waived for A Mother's Love and her XScape show, but in general I don't think she does. Erika Jayne always does, which is why her caterwauling was used in SNL's now famous Chris Pine Drag Race sketch; it's because her songs are free for NBC Universal to use.

So the premise that certain wives are well paid because the show allows her to promote her products and give Bravo a share of her profits from her products isn't completely true. If a Bravolebrity is selling something on Evine, then NBC Universal is almost certainly getting a cut of those profits because Evine is a Comcast/NBC Universal company.

7 hours ago, sATL said:

Gabriella will go if only to get away from the crazy...its no telling what Juicy will be like once he gets  home.

I guess this is assuming he's not deported.

• Love 1

The two new HW's deserve a second season. I don't particularly care for either, but they are so much more interesting than Siggy or the twins, lol. Dropping Melissa and Danielle plus making Little Joey Gorga just a FOH could make room.

• Love 4

Danielle allegedly spent $45000 on that wedding dress

Am I the only one who thought, Danielle found a store that would charge Marty's credit card $45000 and then subtract the actual cost let's say $1000.. then Danielle plus shady store would split the difference (80/20) once the money cleared in the bank. I'm also wondering if shady store could be Posche/Kim D

• Love 5
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I believe it is actually both. A producer from Vanderpump Rules gave an interview about how that cast was very good at finding and negotiating comps and product placement. Taco Bell didn't start as product placement on Vanderpump Rules, but transitioned to it in the past 2 years. They even managed to go slightly viral when Jax admitted that he cheated on Brittany while wearing a Taco Bell sweatshirt.

What you've mentioned above is actually a little different from product placement and negotiating comps. What you've described is the profit sharing clause in some, but not all of the Bravolebrities contracts; one of the limitations is if you entered the show with an existing brand or product. The profit sharing clause was included in the initial contracts, but not really pressed because no one thought any of the Bravo stars would make any money. It famously was and continues to be absent from Bethenny's contracts so Comcast/NBC Universal gets a whopping 0% from her business endeavors and they still pay her $1 million per season. The SkinnyGirl sale was the reminder to NBC Universal that they couldn't be so lax with demanding that contract provision.

I'm unsure about how much NBC Universal has a cut of LVP's products because many of her products and brand expansions started under her existing corporation name, her existing restaurants, or the Pinky Beverly Hills LLC they started right before filming began and probably before she signed her contract. LVP is one of the highest compensated wives in Beverly Hills even though NBC is likely not getting a cut from her products.

NBC Universal usually demands that you waive the license fees for using your music on a show if you are a reality tv cast person on one of their shows. However if you come in there with some success and leverage, you can negotiate. It's clear that Kandi only occasionally waives the fees to use her music; she probably waived for A Mother's Love and her XScape show, but in general I don't think she does. Erika Jayne always does, which is why her caterwauling was used in SNL's now famous Chris Pine Drag Race sketch; it's because her songs are free for NBC Universal to use.

So the premise that certain wives are well paid because the show allows her to promote her products and give Bravo a share of her profits from her products isn't completely true. If a Bravolebrity is selling something on Evine, then NBC Universal is almost certainly getting a cut of those profits because Evine is a Comcast/NBC Universal company.

Sorry, I wasn't implying that the profit sharing was the same thing as the ads and product placements. It was a separate factor to consider. I read an article (not sure when or from where) that explained that Bravo now tries to negotiate profit sharing due to see how much Bethenny's brand took off using the show's platform. From what I read, the profit sharing is only for product placement for the period that the show airs (not for the entirety of yearly sales). I can't recall if the article mentioned whether Bethenny has ever agreed to those terms of a contract, but if not, it would be a clear indicator that the network values her more as a cast member than whatever profit they may get from her product placement on the show.

Of course this likely doesn't apply to all Bravo stars and I'm not sure who exactly it does apply to. I brought it up as a general factor for consideration to say that due to the nature of Bravo being in the reality TV game, there are probably more than just one factor they look at when considering renewing a franchise year to year and which cast members to bring back. Love her or hate her, Teresa has become a staple of the franchise ever since that damn table flip and because of how outlets associate the NJ franchise to her (mostly), I wouldn't be surprised if there were other factors that Bravo is considering when it comes to handing her a $1M contract. I wasn't trying to make statements of facts...I was just brainstorming the possibilities of why a growing network like Bravo would be forking over such big contracts to franchise stars if there seems to be a pattern of a decline. It just doesn't seem like good business for Bravo to do that unless there are other things that when combined, outweigh season viewership.

• Love 2
On 1/2/2019 at 1:37 PM, BrindaWalsh said:

On 1/2/2019 at 1:37 PM, BrindaWalsh said:

Kathy Wakile's daughter went to Caldwell University in NJ - it's a small regional school up here.  SHe looked at bigger universities, as we saw on the show, but according to Kathy, she chose to stay closer to home.  

Danielle has always made me incredibly uncomfortable.  At first I thought she was deeply wounded, and the way the cast treated her, especially in season 2, made me feel sick to my stomach.  Like they were torturing an already injured animal or some such thing.  But now, and in hindsight, she outright scares me - as in, the one day I think she'll snap and go kill somebody kind of crazy.  I truly have no idea why Bravo has brought her back into the fold as I see her and see nothing but a giant liability.   I can't understand why anybody lets this woman into their life, and if Margaret is smart (and I do believe she is), I think she should run for the hills as fast as she can.  Nothing good will come of her relationship with Danielle.  Absolutely nothing.  Her statements of "I demand respect."  Her inability to let go of the small "wrong doings" of her friends.  Her willingness to damage family ties for the sake of her own personal gain (and I'm not talking just Marty).  All of it is wrong - and that's just scratching the surface of it.  She allegedly lives in the town next to me.  If I were to ever see her I'd run in the opposite direction.

Soooo, Jackie's parents did time.  Tre & her husband are doing time.  Delores' husband/ex/fuckbuddy has been disbarred.  Danielle was arrested for aggravated assault.  Jacqueline and her husband filed for bankruptcy.  Caroline's father in law was found dead in the trunk of a car.  Joey G & Melissa have a rap sheet full of shade.  Margaret recently filed for bankruptcy.  Interesting NJ crew.  Can't Andy Cohen find anybody in NJ without these major skeletons?    

That said, I like Jackie, I don't want to hold her parents faults against her, but I'm just adding it to the list.  And in defense of Teresa, Jackie is talking about her parents crimes after 15 years of perspective?  Dolores is right, you really can't compare the two.  Who knows, after Juicy gets home and the fam has lived in Italy for 15 years or so, they will look back and it will be something they talk about.   Jackie would probably gain some mileage with Tre if she approached her with that story - told her about her experience when she was not that much older than Gia. 

On a side note, my husband and I often look around this area of NJ and wonder what we're doing wrong.  We work hard, make a good combined salary, and check all the right boxes, yet somehow we're surrounded by this obscene amount of wealth that just doesn't make any sense to us.    I'm beginning to think that it's not that we're doing something wrong, instead everybody else doing it wrong and it's only a matter of time before everybody either files for bankruptcy or serves time for tax evasion and fraud.   

Wasn’t that part of “the BOOK,” that she had been involved in a kidnapping / ransom type of situation?  Scary stuff.  I mean, she completely changed her legal name, didn’t she?  I don’t know if she served time or what came of it all, I didn’t read the book.  I just recall people talking about it when all that went down in season 1.   She’s a coo coo cray cray, for sure!  She’s not even a good friend!

• Love 1

I loathe Joe Gorga and every ounce of toxic masculinity in his conch, but I was crying laughing at "It was just a test!  Just a test!" and quick cut to JoeGo in an an interview, deadpanning: "This was not a test."

• Love 20
On 12/30/2018 at 10:02 PM, ghoulina said:

The bridesmaid dresses were a nice color, very complimentary to all. But way to much fabric. 

The color was nice, but there was no way they could wear a bra in those dresses, and their boobs were bouncing all over the place.  As a large-chested woman, it hurt to watch!

• Love 4

Danielle showed her true manipulative self when Marge tried to walk away during the hair and makeup session. She resorted to the hug, the "I love you" and the crying, the "Please don't leave me",.... For a minute I thought she was going to try and seduce Marge. It looked like she put her hands on Marge's boobs, then realized what she was doing, and moved them down. I couldn't believe Marge caved. I was disappointed in her, but kind of understand.

On 12/31/2018 at 9:40 AM, Jack Terrier said:

Joe Gorga dead ass drunk sliding in that patio door and falling down will never NOT be hilarious.  I need that on a loop forever!  

Thats all I got for this epi.  I’m over Danielle.  

Followed by Melissa (?) asking him why he was all wet, "I dunno." I was surprised no one mentioned the giant puddle (his drink) on the floor.

I admit, I rewound and watched it a few times. You are so right. It made me laugh every time. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, ladle said:

I loathe Joe Gorga and every ounce of toxic masculinity in his conch, but I was crying laughing at "It was just a test!  Just a test!" and quick cut to JoeGo in an an interview, deadpanning: "This was not a test."

OMG me too, with Gorga's big white eyeballs popping out of his jersey tan in his talking head, I replayed it like 5x. A beauty. 

• Love 4

Am I alone in thinking that Danielle's accent is a put on, it sounds so fake, almost as if she is trying extra hard to sound like she is from New Jersey, I do not remember her sounding like that from past seasons.

How did Marty let that relationship get to the marriage stage?  He had no sense of how crazy that woman was? 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Am I alone in thinking that Danielle's accent is a put on, it sounds so fake, almost as if she is trying extra hard to sound like she is from New Jersey, I do not remember her sounding like that from past seasons.

How did Marty let that relationship get to the marriage stage?  He had no sense of how crazy that woman was? 

The more I see of Marty, the more I get this feeling of “dimness” from him.  Especially these past couple episodes.  He barely formed any complete sentences.  And has anyone figured out yet what he does for money?  Or anything about his past?

• Love 3

@kiki17

I wonder if the girls will even go to college; I can't imagine Teresa having the intelligence or foresight to save or start a college fund.

Right, there were no college funds ever started. However, that didn't stop Teresa from blaming her lawyers (because heaven forbid she has to pay anybody for their services) for keeping her 4bootifuldawters from going to college.

@thesupremediva1

If you intentionally and maliciously go after someone's kids, parents, or spouse, you should expect an explosion and to be screamed at.

But, Jackie didn't do that. Teresa only got mad because she's a raging Neanderthal.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, jaync said:

Right, there were no college funds ever started. However, that didn't stop Teresa from blaming her lawyers (because heaven forbid she has to pay anybody for their services) for keeping her 4bootifuldawters from going to college.

But, Jackie didn't do that. Teresa only got mad because she's a raging Neanderthal.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/teresa-giudice-daughter-gia-giudice-college-future-update-video

Gia is going to college despite her parents not having saved any money for her to do so. Anyway, good on her that she was able to score a $50,000 car and money for tuition. Too bad the children of the workers and creditors her crooked parents g***** probably can't be afforded the same.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, The Evil One said:

The holidays really derailed my trash TV viewing.  Danielle is ridiculous beyond words. She needs to check her birth certificate. Also? Terrible human being. 

I'm fairly certain that there is no box to check for lizard person.

• Love 7