Type keyword(s) to search

CSI: Cyber - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I didn't watch CSI: Cyber when it aired. I was CSI'd out pretty much at that point.  I've watched a handful of episodes of this one since it started airing on Start TV and there were times in some of the ones I saw where it felt like I was watching a parody of a procedural show.

(edited)

I have been watching this on Start Tv and I do wish it lasted longer.  It had a decent concept but it just didn’t help particularly well.   I kinda like the idea of reformed black hat hackers working for the FBI to catch bad guys.  I think the show maybe for a little too soap operaish for the genre.   Some shows can pull off that amount of personal time but not that early in a series and not unless the personal time is actually interesting. 

Edited by Chaos Theory

One thing specifically that kind of grated on my nerves when watching this show was how Patricia Arquette chose to portray Avery. It's hard to describe in words. Someone on IMDB described her portrayal like this "Arquette looked as though she didn't want to be there and shows very little charisma, nuance or range, instead she looked bored with the whole thing.". She seemed to loosen up a bit when Ted Danson came on in the 2nd season. I've seen her in other stuff so to see the way she was in this was kind of confusing and annoying.

Ted Danson did well with what he was given. Van Der Beek I think is better in sarcastic comedy roles like the one he played in "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23". I know it was supposed to be a more animated version of himself. The kind of comedy it called for was a good fit for him though. That show and CSI: Cyber are really the only two things I've watched him in lately.

Peter McNichol was ok during the first season and considering how long the show lasted overall he probably was ok with not being included in the 2nd season.  I've liked him in different shows over the years and he's good in his role as a quirky judge in the show All Rise which moved to the OWN channel for it's 3rd season which starts next month I think.

The rest of the main cast had varying degrees of ok and bad acting. I will say though that Shad Moss aka Lil' Bow Wow was better in this then I expected him to be.