Type keyword(s) to search

American Beauty Star - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh that was horrible!! Glad Lucy won though.

I hate when part way through the finale they eliminate someone to get it down to 2 people. Its insulting...and then to bring back Oz for who the hell knows reason?? They could have kept Diana there and talked to her, it would have made more sense.

Ashley knowing the winner before opening the envelope was a major mistake. Axel should demand a recount.

• Love 2

Why do these shows think a LIVE finale will be so fucking exciting? They NEVER are. Same with Ink Master. It's tons of filler and then an announcement. I guess they think today's young viewers need to feel like they are "part of it" and have the show be somehow interactive. If you want viewers to vote on the body of work, that's fine. But just have that be the "fan favorite" and do it as an online extra or something. 

• Love 1

Supermodel Christie Brinkley returns to the cast of the long-running, Tony-winning Broadway revival of Chicago Supermodel Christie Brinkley returns to the cast of the long-running, Tony-winning Broadway revival of Chicago April 6

She previous played the role of Roxie Hart on Broadway in 2011 and headlined the national tour in 2012. Before returning to the Broadway cast for a limited engagement (April 18 through May 12), she is performing with the national tour in Phoenix (March 29–April 2) and Las Vegas (April 10–14).

Interview with Christie Brinkley about Chicago

My favorite tidbit:

As a kid, I attended the Academy Awards with my parents when it was held there. I got lost leaving the ladies room going back to the theater, and Cary Grant helped me find my parents.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Supermodel Christie Brinkley returns to the cast of the long-running, Tony-winning Broadway revival of Chicago Supermodel Christie Brinkley returns to the cast of the long-running, Tony-winning Broadway revival of Chicago April 6

She previous played the role of Roxie Hart on Broadway in 2011 and headlined the national tour in 2012. Before returning to the Broadway cast for a limited engagement (April 18 through May 12), she is performing with the national tour in Phoenix (March 29–April 2) and Las Vegas (April 10–14).

Interview with Christie Brinkley about Chicago

My favorite tidbit:

I had no idea she ever did this kind of acting, & I assume singing.

Hi everyone! Samson from american beauty star season 2 here! I Implore all of you to check out some of my work on instagram! @samsonsmithmua Ill be honest, there were a lot of things I wish I could have changed about the show, and theres lots of things yall dont see! If anyone has questions about anything feel free to message me. Thanks for your unbridled honesty! i agree with most of what yall said 😂😂

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Samsonsmithmua said:

Hi everyone! Samson from american beauty star season 2 here! I Implore all of you to check out some of my work on instagram! @samsonsmithmua Ill be honest, there were a lot of things I wish I could have changed about the show, and theres lots of things yall dont see! If anyone has questions about anything feel free to message me. Thanks for your unbridled honesty! i agree with most of what yall said 😂😂

Hi Samson, welcome!  I think I'm following you, but I'll go check and make sure I am as I'm a makeup whore.  Feel free to speak what you can about filming, costars, etc. 

My question, what are you doing now?  Did you get many opportunities to further your career through the show?  Who have you stayed in contact with?

Christie Brinkley was supposed to participate in Dancing with the Stars this season, but she fell and broke her arm during rehearsal. Her daughter Sailor stepped in to take her place (Sailor had only three days to learn this routine!).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
On 3/28/2019 at 9:55 PM, Snewtsie said:

Thank you!!!! She freaks me out, too. But it’s not just how desperate she is to look young with those god awful blond hair extensions & the bright makeup colors... but there is just something off about her. The way she speaks- stilted, rehearsed speech through a creepy huge smile, and the way she sits- overly poised, like a mannequin balanced in place too carefully. Everything about her seems fake.  She freaks me the f*ck out!! If she didn’t have 500 magazine covers, I would think she suffers from low self esteem (and hey, maybe she does in spite of it all, who knows?). I just keep thinking how much more attractive she would look with darker, shoulder length hair & soft, natural makeup.  And a relaxed face that doesn’t have all her teeth showing all the time. ... I came into the forum wondering if she bothered anyone as much as she bothers me, and I am so happy to see your comment! Thanks!

On 3/30/2019 at 8:08 AM, noveltylibrary said:

I am so with you.  I'm old enough to remember when she started out and she always came off as a dipshit to me--but she was ultra cringy!  Ashley plain sucked.  And Diana's look reminded me of a giant gold spray painted macaroni wreath.  And to top it all off, I wanted Axel to win:(  Why did an Australian win American Beauty Star anyway?  I mean dual citizens shouldn't count, just saying.

I think there is something kind of animatronic and fake about her sweetness. It must be hard for a beautiful woman to age but I think she would of aged well rather naturally.

Also, I have never been a great fan of Christy's look. She sometimes reminded me of of Denny's hostess from the midwest for some reason.

On 3/30/2019 at 9:07 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Good lord, that finale was terrible. I felt bad that the three finalists had to come up with one last look and in the end, that look made no difference at all because it was all about people texting or tweeting votes the week between the penultimate episode and the finale. And since I'm in California, I wouldn't have been able to vote once they narrowed it down to two people during the "live" finale.

I finally figured out what bothers me about Ashley. I definitely think she's an improvement over Adriana Lima who was so monotonous and dead-eyed, but Ashley comes off as overly familiar, like the kind of person who says, "Girlfriend, let me give you some advice," about two minutes after you've met her. But she really blew right past that during the finale with the WOOing and the dancing and everything else. I mean, part of me feels bad because she clearly had to fill an hour and she knew she only had about five minutes of actual content (which was the three finalists presenting their last assignments), but man, that was awful.

I get what you mean. She is trying to be all like "guuuurrrl" and it feels a little like a put on. The finale was awful and this show will probably not get renewed. I think what is good on a youtube video does not always translate into a good T.V. show.

• Love 3